Plant X Changes For The Turret Cap

Dylan1602

Hello Survivors,

Obviously we have the heavy turret to compensate for the amount of turrets that were previously being used to defend bases. But what about plant x? I can't remember reading anything about plant x getting a buff of any sort and at the minute all it takes is 2 or 3 flame arrows to take down a plant. 

I know they're not used as a fundamental dps source however their slow effect is very good during defense and causes the attacker to plan out a bit better. Yet they have from what I can find not received any buff but still take up 1 of your 100 turret limit. I just feel like these are now not going to be used nearly as much and possibly become dead content for higher tier players.

1 hour ago, Dylan1602 said:

Hello Survivors,

Obviously we have the heavy turret to compensate for the amount of turrets that were previously being used to defend bases. But what about plant x? I can't remember reading anything about plant x getting a buff of any sort and at the minute all it takes is 2 or 3 flame arrows to take down a plant. 

I know they're not used as a fundamental dps source however their slow effect is very good during defense and causes the attacker to plan out a bit better. Yet they have from what I can find not received any buff but still take up 1 of your 100 turret limit. I just feel like these are now not going to be used nearly as much and possibly become dead content for higher tier players.

From video it looks as if the heavy turret fires slower so in combination with Plant X and its slowing effect makes even more sense to use them. I don't think they'll get a buff or nerf. 

44 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

From video it looks as if the heavy turret fires slower so in combination with Plant X and its slowing effect makes even more sense to use them. I don't think they'll get a buff or nerf. 

My worry is they will become obsolete because you don't want to take up too many turret slots with them but they are still pretty vital. Yet they are so easy to destroy. 

1 hour ago, Dylan1602 said:

My worry is they will become obsolete because you don't want to take up too many turret slots with them but they are still pretty vital. Yet they are so easy to destroy. 

You only need 1 plant hitting the enemy to get the full slow effect.  People used massive quantities of plant X because they're super cheap and easy to maintain and, AFAIK, dino dmg redux from stego plates etc. didn't work for plant shots.  Now you'll need to be more strategic with your plant placements.  Put railing around them to protect the plots themselves and have them high up where dinos can't easily eat them.

19 minutes ago, Brayn said:

You only need 1 plant hitting the enemy to get the full slow effect.  People used massive quantities of plant X because they're super cheap and easy to maintain and, AFAIK, dino dmg redux from stego plates etc. didn't work for plant shots.  Now you'll need to be more strategic with your plant placements.  Put railing around them to protect the plots themselves and have them high up where dinos can't easily eat them.

Yeah I know you only need 1 plant to hit for the status effect; the point I'm trying to make is there won't be as many plant x anymore which is good. However it only takes 2 or 3 flame arrows to the plant itself to take it out so someone can sit out of range of the turrets and shoot the plant till it dies then there will be no more plant to give the slow effect. It will take literally 5-10 minutes to get rid of all the plants with flame arrows then there is nothing to give the slow effect which can play a major role in a defense.

I don't think anyone has ever used plant x as a source of dps xD 

Archived