Reaper raising

YellowJacket

Hello, I was wondering if anyone actually knows the exact raise times on the reaper (especially baby phase).

I tried to find info on them but can't find any info besides that the gestation on official x1 rates being 12h. 

12h gestation sounds very long, and as they're more or less the giga of the map I'm expecting a long raise; found some rumors of ~20h baby phase, so similar to a yuty.

The only issue is during baby phase appearently the baby aggos you without the pheromone buff, and considering the buff lasting only 300 seconds one would need ~240 pheromone glands just to get past the hand feeding phase - which in my opinion is insane.

I'd appreciate any info on this, even from unofficial If you add your rates so it would be possible to calculate what it'd be like on official.

2 hours ago, YellowJacket said:

Hello, I was wondering if anyone actually knows the exact raise times on the reaper (especially baby phase).

I tried to find info on them but can't find any info besides that the gestation on official x1 rates being 12h. 

12h gestation sounds very long, and as they're more or less the giga of the map I'm expecting a long raise; found some rumors of ~20h baby phase, so similar to a yuty.

The only issue is during baby phase appearently the baby aggos you without the pheromone buff, and considering the buff lasting only 300 seconds one would need ~240 pheromone glands just to get past the hand feeding phase - which in my opinion is insane.

I'd appreciate any info on this, even from unofficial If you add your rates so it would be possible to calculate what it'd be like on official.

Once out of baby they will eat from a trough. You dont need 240 pheromones, you want 5-10 to start with so it can get its weight up, and once you happy it can be left for 15-20 minutes, only use pheromones to refill its inventory with meat. after 4 or 5 hours a decent level should have enough weight to last through to juvenile. 

Also, its similar timings to that of a giga. im impregnating myself on a sp x16 tonight to test before i go hunting these down on a normal server, so i will be back with x16 timings lol.

You don't need to have the buff up all the time I wouldn't think. Max the food when it's just born, hoping that it's weight is high enough to hold a lot. Then only pop a new gland when those stacks run out.  Refill repeat

It shouldn't be impossible, just a lot of work. They are offering 2000 dollars to best the end boss after all. You will need 20 reapers, or almost 20 and some other critter to buff maybe. Not sure if any abberation creatures would buff a reaper.  

This kind of requirement means get a really good group of tribe mates or don't even bother. Saw a video where a Titan dino got ripped apart, so nothing but reapers with Max levels will do. I can hear the rage from losing the entire pack of 20 on the first failed attempt already. 

Once out of baby they will eat from a trough. You dont need 240 pheromones, you want 5-10 to start with so it can get its weight up, and once you happy it can be left for 15-20 minutes, only use pheromones to refill its inventory with meat. after 4 or 5 hours a decent level should have enough weight to last through to juvenile. 

After 4-5h sounds pretty unrealistic to me, that sounds about right for a rex with decent weight stat on default rates, but if the baby is any longe rthan a rex it wont go to juvi, especially because they've got lower weight than the average bred rex im pretty sure.

But yeah lmk how it goes on the x16 rates.

ChilliBean I'd actually think that reapers arent really well suited for teh boss fight, because they dont have a saddle, and in a boss fight you really want to use saddled dinos, at least for all other bosses.

There isn't all that many other choices. Can't bring in rex's or gigas. Spinos can't take the boss. Too weak, I think. A reaper should be the aberration rex equivalent. But we will see if and when someone manages to beat the end boss. I admit I don't know much about bosses. Hard to do them solo on official. 

2 minutes ago, ChilliBean said:

There isn't all that many other choices. Can't bring in rex's or gigas. Spinos can't take the boss. Too weak, I think. A reaper should be the aberration rex equivalent. But we will see if and when someone manages to beat the end boss. I admit I don't know much about bosses. Hard to do them solo on official. 

MEGALOSAURUS ?

25 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

What about karkinos for boss? You can get em to heal quickly (10 per) with spoiled meat.

Also the problem that i foresee with reapers is that the boss summons them. Charge is extremely useful to debuff the wild ones. However if you do so youve just debuffed your own reapers as well..

Abb megalos are strong and dont get debuffed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

From my time raising reapers on official, they seem very similar to Wyverns from birth until growth.

I have on multiple occasion  found myself waiting for the reaper timer on Dododex, so I started looking around for birth rates comparable to the Reaper

What I found is that the Wyvern and Reaper times are either very similar or are the exact same from birth to growth.

An Example: When my reaper got to 90.4% raised with the 8 hours left on the imprint timer I was worried i wouldn't get full Imprint. I checked the Wyvern raise and it stated i had 8 Hours 50 Minutes until it was completely raised, so i set a timer on my phone for 8 hours for my next imprint and it was fully imprinted at around 40 minutes before it became an adult. Hope this helps still.

15 hours ago, hahafool4 said:

From my time raising reapers on official, they seem very similar to Wyverns from birth until growth.

I have on multiple occasion  found myself waiting for the reaper timer on Dododex, so I started looking around for birth rates comparable to the Reaper

What I found is that the Wyvern and Reaper times are either very similar or are the exact same from birth to growth.

An Example: When my reaper got to 90.4% raised with the 8 hours left on the imprint timer I was worried i wouldn't get full Imprint. I checked the Wyvern raise and it stated i had 8 Hours 50 Minutes until it was completely raised, so i set a timer on my phone for 8 hours for my next imprint and it was fully imprinted at around 40 minutes before it became an adult. Hope this helps still.

This is a very old thread.  :-)

On 12/21/2017 at 8:21 AM, YellowJacket said:

It's a 12 hour gestation, You must get a good bit of xp to cap the babies stats. Once its born consume a reaper pheromone and imprint it, then just slot cap yourself with 75% raw meat and 25% cooked meat and jump into the trap with the baby without the reaper pheromone buff. it will kill you and get all the meat. This will weigh it down so it doesn't run and get it to juvenile. The baby, juvenile, and adolescent phases are around the same as a rex-spinos time. And there really just more or less the wyvern of the map. If you debuff an enemy reaper with a lightpet its fairly easy to kill. 

Archived