Cross Play help!

SubtendedCrib8

I downloaded the windows 10 version of ARK and followed the steps stated in the latest community crunch on how to use a silver account to host a game, however every time I launch the game it automatically signs into my Xbox Live account, and won't let me switch accounts. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the game and dlcs, signing out and starting it, signing into my silver account then starting it, but each time it just signs into my gold account

Guest DJRone89
1 minute ago, SubtendedCrib8 said:

I downloaded the windows 10 version of ARK and followed the steps stated in the latest community crunch on how to use a silver account to host a game, however every time I launch the game it automatically signs into my Xbox Live account, and won't let me switch accounts. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the game and dlcs, signing out and starting it, signing into my silver account then starting it, but each time it just signs into my gold account

It has nothing to do with Ark as it’s a game sharing set up through the Microsoft store.

Make sure you don’t have auto-sign in enabled.

Guest DJRone89
33 minutes ago, SubtendedCrib8 said:

How do I check that

Settings > preferences > auto-sign in. If that doesn’t work, contact Xbox support.

I believe if you look in the upper right corner or the microsoft store app, you will see a profile picture (if youhover over it it says 'Profile', click this, it will drop down with your name and email addy on the screen, click your name then sign out, do this over again and it will ask you to sign in with the current account or another account. hope this helps

Can someone tell me if this would work?

I have the "family" option set up on my home Xbone so my kids can play online through my Gold account.

If I download the Win10 version to a computer and sign in to it under my account, opening the game as a non- dedicated server, my son (using his "family" account on the Xbone) should be able to play with me, correct?  Additionally, I'll be able to set how much of a tether we have to deal with from my admin setting on the Win 10 game, correct?

Archived