The Ravager's Bleeding Bite

MayonnaisePlease

So was this intended? For my lvl180 Raptor to get destroyed by a mere lvl40 ravager? All by it's lonesome that is. 

I figured that maybe this wasn't intended, maybe the intention was to only give the bleeding effect to the alphas in the pack .. or not

yeah the dmg nerf was necessary but my dudes some of us play official solo and i'm fully aware bolas exist but these things have crazy health pools and a free blood draining effect for every one of those things:Jerbcry:

Other than the ravagers i'm loving Aberration so far. Tested my limits using the new rock climbing picks & paraglider. Made my way from NE zone to the portal lake, managed to tame up a 150 glowtail in a cave and got home safe! :x

Raptors are inferior to ravagers, a lot.
It's to be expected that a ravager is going to take you down on them.
Using a high-level ravager myself and some bred ones, I have no issues taking down a pack of them, but I do take damage because of the bleed.

What you can try is to fight near the healing plants.
That way you can recover immediately after a fight and keep going.
But I recommend to switch away from the raptor to something stronger when you have the opportunity to do so.

They hurt for sure, but ravagers are easy to manage with bola's.
They're in the game for a reason ;)

4 hours ago, MayonnaisePlease said:

So was this intended? For my lvl180 Raptor to get destroyed by a mere lvl40 ravager? All by it's lonesome that is. 

I figured that maybe this wasn't intended, maybe the intention was to only give the bleeding effect to the alphas in the pack .. or not

yeah the dmg nerf was necessary but my dudes some of us play official solo and i'm fully aware bolas exist but these things have crazy health pools and a free blood draining effect for every one of those things:Jerbcry:

Other than the ravagers i'm loving Aberration so far. Tested my limits using the new rock climbing picks & paraglider. Made my way from NE zone to the portal lake, managed to tame up a 150 glowtail in a cave and got home safe! :x

ya i wasn't sure what the devs were thinking by putting packs ravagers in the easy area. For new survivors, they're almost like the old eels. More than once I've been "beseiged" on my cliff base by 6 pack of ravagers. I guess the best option is to carry a stack of bolas and try to tame one for yourself near a body of water (they wont follow you far).

But ya the bleeding should only go to the alpha.

7 minutes ago, Senix said:

Yea I'm all for the bleed being only for the Alpha in the pack, considering we don't get the bleed effect for tamed ones ourself. Our Alpha just like the Allosaurus should get the bleed effect to level the playing field. 

Wouldn't this make the Allosaurus completely useless? Ravagers are most likely faster, have a pack bonus etc.

7 hours ago, MayonnaisePlease said:

See this thread.  A lot of support will hopefully get their attention.

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/286325-glaring-problem-more-prevelant-in-aberration

14 minutes ago, Ranger1 said:

LOL, I posted in this thread and stated things completely backwards to how I had intended.  :$

I have a feeling if any Ravagers beyond the leader have a bleed special ability that may not be intended.  We'll have to see.

most ravs seem to have the bleed affect. seen single solo ones out bleed you too

Honestly, the bleed wouldn't be as bad if they didnt also pin you in place by shoving their face into you. If one gets ahold of you on foot, you are completely stuck in their model and cannot move (and if you do get free, bleed slows you enough so that the next in line gets to pin you)

Had the hardest time reaching a cliff two feet away to paraglide away because they cut you off, spin around, bite you and keep you in place haha

2 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Honestly, the bleed wouldn't be as bad if they didnt also pin you in place by shoving their face into you. If one gets ahold of you on foot, you are completely stuck in their model and cannot move (and if you do get free, bleed slows you enough so that the next in line gets to pin you)

Had the hardest time reaching a cliff two feet away to paraglide away because they cut you off, spin around, bite you and keep you in place haha

I'd be cool with then just not stacking up as in every time one bites you it resets that 9sec bleed timer, if more then one get you you're screwed cause the bleed slows you down. 

Archived