Do Aberrant Megalosaurus continue to stay awake indefinitely when on other maps?

NooNoot

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am pretty sure they stay awake, didnt tested it. Depending on what you want to use the megalo for, the Island ones could be better because the Aberration ones does not get a night buff. I did some testing on megalos yesterday and no night buff but a little bit higher base damage, it's between 79 and 80.

Like for boss fights, the Island version is much stronger because of the night buff.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, NooNoot said:

Title.

I'm thinking of bringing some out of my Aberration singleplayer to the Island and Ragnarok, but if they have to sleep during the day it will sorta defeat the purpose.

From what I have heard from people that transfered them. They go right back to the sleepy heads during the day on other maps. Only special on Aberration.  

7 hours ago, Thorium said:

I am pretty sure they stay awake, didnt tested it. Depending on what you want to use the megalo for, the Island ones could be better because the Aberration ones does not get a night buff. I did some testing on megalos yesterday and no night buff but a little bit higher base damage, it's between 79 and 80.

Like for boss fights, the Island version is much stronger because of the night buff.

Pretty sure the night buff is just them at full strength. Abb megas are always at max strength. They just dont get debuffed during day. Pretty sure the abb mega is better then the island one. The mega on the island has 1023 health and 75 damage and good stamina and speed at night, aberrant mega has has the same stats as night mega but all the time.

2 hours ago, TigerH99 said:

Pretty sure the night buff is just them at full strength. Abb megas are always at max strength. They just dont get debuffed during day. Pretty sure the abb mega is better then the island one. The mega on the island has 1023 health and 75 damage and good stamina and speed at night, aberrant mega has has the same stats as night mega but all the time.

No it's not. Megas on night buff get a damage and resistance buff. As i said, i tested it. And no, they don't have the same stats. They have a little bit more base damage (it's not the night buff, the night buff is much more) and probably a little bit less health, but i would need to spawn in a level 1 to check.

35 minutes ago, Thorium said:

No it's not. Megas on night buff get a damage and resistance buff. As i said, i tested it. And no, they don't have the same stats. They have a little bit more base damage (it's not the night buff, the night buff is much more) and probably a little bit less health, but i would need to spawn in a level 1 to check.

Well wiki says nothing about the buff and their base stats are as good/better then a rexes, while normal megas get a small buff during night, they gey a big debuff during the day. Abb mega may not get slighty buffed at night but it dosent get debuffed either, making them better then normal mega, why do you think people uses rexes instead of megas for raiding and bosses  even when megas get the night buff? Its because the sleep debuff  making it alot less desirable then a rex ( some even say useless, by some i mean many from what i have seen), while the abb mega has only slightly less health then a rex but alot better damage, speed, and stamina along with no sleep cycle and the ability to grab and get around from its smaller size. While mostly no one picks a mega over a rex, an abb mega i could see many people favoring for its damage, size, and abilites for boss foghts and raids.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

You can use Aberrant megalos to fight bosses on Island/Rag. With my 30k hp/1200 dmg Megalos with 100-120 saddles i did alpha Ape, Brood and Dragon 5 days ago. You can use them only at night, they wake up at 20:22 and they go sleep at about 5:30 which means you have about 20 minutes to kill boss. Do you preparations before they wake up and yolo :-) One big advantage over rexes is that they are small which means ALL of them can reach boss and actually attack him without problem. On the other hand they are trying to grab boss with their secondary attack instead of using their primary (from time to time, not everytime) so they dont do their maximum possible dps. But as i said, done all alpha bosses without any problems. They lost about 3k hp against ape, 12k against brood and 15k against dragon (ye he was gone really guick).

9 minutes ago, Willard18 said:

You can use Aberrant megalos to fight bosses on Island/Rag. With my 30k hp/1200 dmg Megalos with 100-120 saddles i did alpha Ape, Brood and Dragon 5 days ago. You can use them only at night, they wake up at 20:22 and they go sleep at about 5:30 which means you have about 20 minutes to kill boss. Do you preparations before they wake up and yolo :-) One big advantage over rexes is that they are small which means ALL of them can reach boss and actually attack him without problem. On the other hand they are trying to grab boss with their secondary attack instead of using their primary (from time to time, not everytime) so they dont do their maximum possible dps. But as i said, done all alpha bosses without any problems. They lost about 3k hp against ape, 12k against brood and 15k against dragon (ye he was gone really guick).

Question. Do they start getting groggy even at night when they are in the arena? The fact that its always light at Dragon and Megapithecus arena makes me wonder.

33 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Would that mean that regular megalos brought to aberration will also lose their sleep cycle?

I dont know. I have no experience with normal Megalos transferred to Abe. There is no reason to transfer them on Abe actually. There is plenty of them already. But i personally think they won't sleep because of Abe night/day cycle.

1 minute ago, Willard18 said:

I dont know. I have no experience with normal Megalos transferred to Abe. There is no reason to transfer them on Abe actually. There is plenty of them already. But i personally think they won't sleep because of Abe night/day cycle.

Well, the reason I can think of is that regular megalos have been bred for a much longer time on officials, therefore better stats are available, not to mention kibble has been accessible from the start, whereas aberration is more recent, and kibble has only been available since a couple weeks ago. So good megalo breeds are much more accessible than good aberrant megalo breeds. 

However I do realise that aberrant do have radiation immunity.

6 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Because if the sleep cycle is map-dependent, then maybe reverse works. Unless you tested it

I remembered that there was an issue with Aberrant Mega laying eggs that aren't Aberrant variant and people had hatched and raised it, and they still sleep during the day. Heck, even one posted finding a chinese tribe with a Non-aberrant Megalosaurus, sleeping in the base and posted it in the Bugs part of Aberration forum (Forgot link).

6 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Well, the reason I can think of is that regular megalos have been bred for a much longer time on officials, therefore better stats are available, not to mention kibble has been accessible from the start, whereas aberration is more recent, and kibble has only been available since a couple weeks ago. So good megalo breeds are much more accessible than good aberrant megalo breeds. 

However I do realise that aberrant do have radiation immunity.

One - Taming Effectiveness does NOT matter for Breeder stats. If you have two 150s with identical stats, and you tame them with 0% effectiveness, their babies WILL be born at lvl 225, with 100% effectiveness.

Two - Regular Megalos DO get groggy during the day on Aberration.

Three - Regular Megalos do NOT get a "buff" during the night - Instead, they take additional damage, have less attack speed, and deal less damage during the day, and revert to their much stronger "base" stats at night.

26 minutes ago, Frogspoison said:

One - Taming Effectiveness does NOT matter for Breeder stats. If you have two 150s with identical stats, and you tame them with 0% effectiveness, their babies WILL be born at lvl 225, with 100% effectiveness.

Two - Regular Megalos DO get groggy during the day on Aberration.

Three - Regular Megalos do NOT get a "buff" during the night - Instead, they take additional damage, have less attack speed, and deal less damage during the day, and revert to their much stronger "base" stats at night.

2 identical 150s tamed at 0% effectiveness would yield a 150 with 100% effectiveness.  0% effectiveness would mean 0 bonus lvls.  And even with a perfect tame max possible level is 224 unless you use the dotame command

1 minute ago, Onimusha759 said:

2 identical 150s tamed at 0% effectiveness would yield a 150 with 100% effectiveness.  0% effectiveness would mean 0 bonus lvls.  And even with a perfect tame max possible level is 224 unless you use the dotame command

A 225 is a 150 with 100% effectiveness, is more what I meant. My main point was, taming effectiveness does NOT matter for breeding, so you can use whatever you want as long as you tame it, if the primary purpose of the mount is going to be for breeding.

And yes, outside of a few, specific dinos, it's impossible to get 100% effectiveness on tame, as almost all tames have to eat something, and thus lose at least .1% taming effectiveness.

Archived