Is it possible to reduce the earth quake frequency?

kewee007

Guest DJRone89
4 hours ago, kewee007 said:

I'd love to reduce the frequency on my server if it's possible.

Earth quakes are a novelty at the start, but quickly become really annoying when you're building and exploring.  Snap point are hard to get at the best of times...    

It’s not like the volcano on Ragnarok that can be adjusted for frequency and intensity. It’s an official game mechanic and I doubt they will allow access to the ini the same with Scorched Earth’s weather affects.

1 hour ago, DJRone89 said:

It’s not like the volcano on Ragnarok that can be adjusted for frequency and intensity. It’s an official game mechanic and I doubt they will allow access to the ini the same with Scorched Earth’s weather affects.

In Scorched Earth you can start/stop weather effects with console commands... ;) 

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, DomiDarko said:

In Scorched Earth you can start/stop weather effects with console commands... ;) 

But you still need to enter the commands every time. OP is asking if you can reduce the frequency and the only way that would be possible is through the server configuration which isn’t accessible.

I certainly hope there will be a no earthquake MOD.

The volcano on Ragnarok can be evaded, it is not that annoying too and it is actually quite fascinating to watch creatures wander into lava and get cook'd.

The Earthquakes on Aberration on the other hand  are getting really really annoying because it also affects the whole map.
We demand an option to alter the frequency and/or intensity of that annoying earthquake BS.

I dont believe there is an option to turn the environmental hazards off..

I personally am quite happy with aberration and everything about it, the lighting, the no flyers, the radiation and even the quakes.. They give you resources and sometimes tools...

quakes dont last very long and simply standing still / on a dino and waiting it out is probably the easiest solution... Once its done continue on with what you were doing..

4 hours ago, Moonie1 said:

Its a retarded mechanic that was a early gimmick. I have been against it from the start and whoever thought this was a good idea should be demoted as they obviously think trolling the player base is a good thing. I thought fog was bad, but at least I could function during fog. Earthquakes are a forced time out.

I'm sure they'll listen to this constructive criticism. xD

Anyway, it'd be nice if they could reduce the camera shake at the very least. I'm ok with not being able to use climbing picks during earthquakes and damage being taken in certain zones, but the camera effect can be a bit much at times. Or way too much a lot of the time.

Archived