How to get lots of metal quick?

SpinoDrake013

Metal in not that hard to find if you know where your looking. Starting off I would tame a Argentavis (level all into Weight) and get a pick axe to fly to mountains.

Use this link to find where the nearest metal nodes are related to you position. (Metal if Often found near or on Mountains)

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Resource_Map_(The_Island)

7 minutes ago, SpinoDrake013 said:

I have an argen with high weight i just thought that only one mountain near the volcanoes had alot of metal. also, is using an ankylo to get metal a good idea?

Using an Anky is an excellent idea, they get a heap of metal. I would suggest taming a bunch of dilos and make kibble so you can have a quick tame. Otherwise high level ankys take a long time to tame.

It depends on your gear level: If you're able to climb the mountain to the south with a metal pick, just farm the metal there, or use an anky there. If that's contested or you want another option, grab an argy and fly up another mountain. If you're really well set up, fly an anky up with a quetz.

If you want the extreme budget option farm river rocks, as they drop some metal.

It depends on your server and your gear level, but mountains are pretty solid for metal farming.

38 minutes ago, SpinoDrake013 said:

I wanna make a ton of items but I lack one thing, the ability to easily gain a lot of metal. Help?

At 75/55 there is a small mountain with a ton of metal nodes from the peak until midway down. It's not 100%, and you can potentially run into carnos, raptors, theris, scorps, and dilos. This is one of the saver places to farm metal, though. I recommend making a raft with 3x3 foundations and a 1-2 level roof. Toss 8 or so forges and a smithy in there and toot over there. Park up on the river to the East of that land mass and you can run up a hill to the nodes. Keep 4 or 5 beds in there in case you get eaten.

The three large mountains that are just before the snow, as well as the mountain in the redwood forest have lots of metal. Setting up a few small forges on each mountain and smelting the metal there will help with transport weight. Quetzal and Anky are obviously the best option but work with what you have. Once you have cleared a mountain, make sure to break the forges to allow metal to respawn.

14 hours ago, Simonw89 said:

the only problem with a anky for me is getting it too the metal and bringing it back. unless you have a quetzal to fly it around or you live close to alot of metal then i would say a very high weight Argentavis  and pick axe is the best option 

IF you don't have a Quetz to haul your Anky, I would recommend taming up 3-4 Argies. Boost 3 of them in weight, and the last into a well rounded fighter/flyer/ etc.

Load up the 3 "mule" Argies with metal, and have them follow you home on your 4th Argy.

Trapping and taming Argies is very easy, using a pillar trap with a dino gate, and kite them to the trap with a Ptera, which can fly thru the pillars, but the Argies can't.

Archived