Reaper Queen Spawns (advice for unofficial server settings?)

DeusEx

So i play on a unofficial Aberration server (x25) and we seems to be having issues with reaper queens spawning at all.

i as well as many others have tried the Nameless method of having 10 or more on you and EVERY single time it spawns a Kings no matter where we try (hall of the reaper queen at 70-30/80-60. and the very bottom of the map near drake den) we have come to agree that the reaper queens "just Spawn" on there own but have yet to see a single one no matter where we look. even the admin has set a S+ transmitter and has found nothing even after several wild dino wipes.

So i was wondering, anybody out there on those unofficial servers that claim to see them "all over" wanna share your server settings? as far as i know you cant turn up individual spawns for the new creatures on aberration yet until the dev kit is released......so would turning up the general spawn rate for everything affect it?

Please Help.

Not sure who you rent your server from but on Nitrado they have a "Engine Settings" tab you can go to when you are looking at your server settings and in it it shows 

Dino Spawn Weight Multipliers

Here, you can alter the spawn rate of dinosaurs. It is possible to set the spawn frequency for each different type of dinosaur using this function. You can even remove a whole dinosaur species from the game. Also, the dinosaurs may be multiplied or reduced. Note that the current default value lies between 20.000 and 30.000 of the same dinosaurs at the same time on the island. Adjusting this setting can result in unintended outcomes if not done correctly.

if you  do use them then that is where you can edit the spawn numbers but unfortunately that is as far as i can help :/ I do not know how to edit those myself I just remember seeing it.

I've seen up to three at a time spawning on me while on a Drake down in the Halls of the Reaper Queen. Look for the dirt fountains spewing up from the ground, that denotes a queen burrowing underground.  They spawn just like any other creature, like Dazaroc said. It's just a matter of spawn chance.

Edit: Also, if you're riding a Drake down there, watch its head feathers. If they flare up it means they're detecting a Reaper nearby.

SurvivalServers

2.5 xp

5x harvest

10x tame breed maturation

normal dino spawn rates

I can also confirm multiple reaper queens in the radiation zone while getting drake eggs.. 3x at once chased me.. Move to a different area and a group of two pop out from the ground in the bottom of the element pits, look for dirt spraying and mounds indicating the burrow.. OR ignore all safety and run on foot hoping to aggro a queen when down there.. Shouldnt take long.

I play on an unofficial pc hosted server for the ps4. My server had reaper queens spawning naturally when aberration first dropped. After the most recent patch for us however, 0 spawns. Hours of grinding, and dino wiping on the server repeatedly, has yielded 0 results. I have found spino's are spawning in their place. Suggestions?

I play on an unofficial pc hosted server for the ps4. My server had reaper queens spawning naturally when aberration first dropped. After the most recent patch for us however, 0 spawns. Hours of grinding, and dino wiping on the server repeatedly, has yielded 0 results. I have found spino's are spawning in their place. Suggestions?
This is basically the same situation I'm in as well, I've been looking for a solid week now and haven't found a single thing.
If spinos aren't supposed to naturally spawn there then we have the same problem, although it seems like there are much more spinos then there would be queens. Honestly sick of looking and the server owner is on holiday so I'm not going to look again until it gets fixed.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/21/2017 at 7:08 AM, Dazaroc said:

Reaper Queens spawns like any other dino. The Nameless don't have nothing to do with her

Queens spawn only on radioactive areas of Element biome (red one). IIRC only 1 per map at the same time.

Go there with a lantern pet, hazard suit, rock drake, and pay attention to your friend's feathers.

I fight 2 or 3 at a time when farming glands on official. Theres reaper queens everywhere.

On 1/28/2018 at 12:43 AM, DeltaEmeraldMC said:

I don't think that's a possibility, they likely just aren't spawning. We do dino wipes daily, so if they got stuck in some inaccessable spot in the mesh like what happened to me on the island with megalosaurus, it would be fixed by now.

That's really an issue with your server configuration. Maybe your files are corrupt.
Cause running an up to date cluster and we encountered around 20 queens yesterday.
Even after a fresh dino wipe they popped up almost immediately.

• Either your installation is corrupt
  • Your client/server is out of date
  • Your admin isn't telling you everything

Yeah I'm with Olivar on this one, Reaper Queens spawn insanely fast down there. 

We killed a couple and getting lost ended up going round in a circle to meet 2 more in the same spot!! - less than an hour since we killed any that were there.

Wonder if they will still spawn if somebody pillars/foundations the areas? .. or maybe server admin disabled them like we did Titans on Island initially? Just trying to think of reasons why they don't seem to exist on your server.  

Yeah I'm with Olivar on this one, Reaper Queens spawn insanely fast down there. 
We killed a couple and getting lost ended up going round in a circle to meet 2 more in the same spot!! - less than an hour since we killed any that were there.
Wonder if they will still spawn if somebody pillars/foundations the areas? .. or maybe server admin disabled them like we did Titans on Island initially? Just trying to think of reasons why they don't seem to exist on your server.  
Nobody on my server has built in the red zone yet, and the server owner has concluded that he hasn't disabled them.
I'm going to believe that the files are corrupt, as it seems to be the most likely answer. The thing is though, it's probably the save, which means that I would need to start new, which is something I really don't want to do, I already built a pvp base, and went on a rampage for a week, taming every good spino I saw until I ended up with 7.2k health and 408 melee base on my breed (Best on the server). I've also just started tek tier, so I feel it would be a pain to start again.
I'm open to the possibility of starting new, but I've progressed so far that if I start new I feel like I would lose quite a lot of steam.

Re-installing the server shouldn't overwrite your save file and if you think there is a chance it will surely just copy it off first?

If the save is corrupt and you have uploads/downloads enabled you can at least save your dinos and gear if you end up starting new. Just get to obelisk with all your stuff, put items in obelisk inventory, upload dinos, upload character.

Obviously you will end up losing your structures as they can't be copy/pasted from a map.

3 hours ago, DeltaEmeraldMC said:

Nobody on my server has built in the red zone yet, and the server owner has concluded that he hasn't disabled them.
I'm going to believe that the files are corrupt, as it seems to be the most likely answer. The thing is though, it's probably the save, which means that I would need to start new, which is something I really don't want to do, I already built a pvp base, and went on a rampage for a week, taming every good spino I saw until I ended up with 7.2k health and 408 melee base on my breed (Best on the server). I've also just started tek tier, so I feel it would be a pain to start again.
I'm open to the possibility of starting new, but I've progressed so far that if I start new I feel like I would lose quite a lot of steam.

To be sure- are you looking in the CORRECT red zone? They dont spawn along the path or anywhere near the drake scar. Theyre in another area entirely. (Look up the exit to red obelisk- I find loads around there)

On 1/30/2018 at 12:21 PM, Wazzamaniac said:

To be sure- are you looking in the CORRECT red zone? They dont spawn along the path or anywhere near the drake scar. Theyre in another area entirely. (Look up the exit to red obelisk- I find loads around there)

Unfortunately, I've searched everywhere. I've covered the entire red zone around 10 times now, been everywhere, I'm planning to move back to the island next wipe, so it would suck to have to go back without one.

Apart from that, I did recently get admin on the server, so I could spawn them in, but I would need permission from my higher-ups to do that. Will report back and see how that goes.

I don't see how they can fix something which seems very specific to your particular server?  As stated by others the Queens definitely spawn without issue on both official and our own unofficial servers.
It's happened to others in this thread too apparently, and it just seems stupid to me that something like that exists. I've seen basically every aberration creature naturally, and it really bothers that, although few in number, multiple servers are experiencing this. I just want a fix, it seems really stupid that we'll have to start over to have them spawn.

Archived