Jatheish

Windows 10 / Play Anywhere - Closes on Start Up

I am still getting this problem every 4th day or so. I turn off my dedicated server at night because no one is playing. the last 4 days it fired up with no problems. today it is back to its good ole crashing at start up ways. It wouldn't be a problem but every time it does this the server is wiped and all saves were lost.

57 minutes ago, Bowdwn2Megatron said:

I am still getting this problem every 4th day or so. I turn off my dedicated server at night because no one is playing. the last 4 days it fired up with no problems. today it is back to its good ole crashing at start up ways. It wouldn't be a problem but every time it does this the server is wiped and all saves were lost.

We weren't aware this was causing data loss. Have you followed the steps in this thread to submit the error logs when the game won't start? That might be very helpful. 

Jesse

FIXXXXXXXFIXXXXXXED

I figured out a work around without requiring a DLC because I couldnt afford one right now. Delete all files in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages then make a new account on your computer sign in then sign out and go back to the same directory under the new user name and copy and paste that info into your original location and it works for me now. How ever I think this might delete some local game data.    =/ I don't have any so I dont care but be careful!!!

Still works been playing for a while now.

After I fixed the issue by installing Fallout Shelter a few days later it did it a again. Reinstalling Fallout fixed it again. As I mentioned before Fallout Shelter is a free XPA and only 1.5g, so cheap fix to try. I am not sure if its connected but the first time seemed not  long after they republished update to fix the "download issue" on console and the second time happened after they fixed the "join session". Also been wonder why XPA update was over 80g compared to the 3g console had. I did have the console download bug twice too. Once on initial download and then after they republished update, both times I fixed by restarting xbox one x.

I don't know if this helps at all but this is in my error logs

Unable to start a DCOM Server: StudioWildcard.4558480580BB9_1.5.769.2_x64__1w2mm55455e38!AppARKSurvivalEvolved as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:
"5"
Happened while starting this command:
"C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\StudioWildcard.4558480580BB9_1.5.769.2_x64__1w2mm55455e38\ShooterGame\Binaries\UWP64\ShooterGame.exe" -ServerName:AppARKSurvivalEvolved.AppX8dqae3jbqbp71qzw0jv2man0p45gr0c6.mca

So is there a solution, is it just an error on my end? Is it a huge problem or only a small amount of people having a problem with it. 

Any word from microsoft? 

Any other ideas from the community to get it to work other than:

Reinstalling the game, installing DLC, Installing a random game from the store? Driver updates?
Really want to get connected to my server..,

Edited by Racna1305

Found the easiest way to fix this atleast for me is

1) make sure that your drivers and such are all up to date

2)make sure your windows ark and xpacks are up to date

3)make sure that your windows xbox one smart glass window app is up to date

4)then log into your windows xbox one smart window app and play ark by activating the game throught the glass window app

42 minutes ago, ARKhaspotential said:

So the way I'm understanding this is that Wildcard has not gained any new information for over 10 days?

Pretty much. I mean I guess you really cant blame them as its microsofts problem. But I mean come on...its to the point now where you have to work with other players to find a fix and the only one I have found so far is uninstalling and reinstalling 80gbs everytime I want to play and that's a huge inconvenience for someone who dropped 60+ . And that doesn't even work 100% of the time. I'm betting if Preorder money wasn't coming through Microsoft would be communicating much better. I bet if it was a launch title and we couldn't click PAY cause it closed out there would instant action

So me having a person on ### server with my tribe am I able to get on my computer go to a scortched earth server and then have him meet me there and I give him dinos? I would like to get on my PC get my guy and level up and get some dinos then have him meet me on whatever server to get them and take them back to our main server. I will then log in on my xbox and play. Is this possible does anybody know or not? 

(He's on xbox)

(I also have an xbox but playing on PC for this example, then moving back to xbox) 

Is this by any chance related to the "Your free trial is over. Hope you enjoyed it." errors? I've been able to play the game once for however long after I install it  (I'm capable of restarting the game and such on the first day.) and then the next day It crashes and then it starts popping up that message every time I try to open it again. Thing is, it says I can play the game and everything on the store. It doesn't even give me the option to buy it. It says that I've purchased the game. But it still gives me that message. It's really confusing me and I've yet to be able to find a solution. Any assistance would be appreciate it.

3 hours ago, AmSquaretoll said:

Is this by any chance related to the "Your free trial is over. Hope you enjoyed it." errors? I've been able to play the game once for however long after I install it  (I'm capable of restarting the game and such on the first day.) and then the next day It crashes and then it starts popping up that message every time I try to open it again. Thing is, it says I can play the game and everything on the store. It doesn't even give me the option to buy it. It says that I've purchased the game. But it still gives me that message. It's really confusing me and I've yet to be able to find a solution. Any assistance would be appreciate it.

You wont be getting any answer here. WC pretty much is waiting on Microsoft. Microsoft is doing nothing about it. Funny too how recent reviews in the Microsoft store have completely buried the negative reviews regarding this ongoing issue. 

You even have 5 star reviews in Microsoft but the review states "This game doesn't work, it wont launch" so you give an unplayable game 5 stars? And its common in the app store too

So... I don't know if this has been mentioned previously in this thread or not, but I was reading through a Forza thread (it's having the same problem) and one of the things people were recommending that worked for me was to start a download of a free app in the microsoft store.  After it gets beyond the Acquiring License stage and into the actual download, you SHOULD be able to start ARK.  I was able to fire up the game as soon as the download started.  You can uninstall whatever it was after it's finished downloading - it's just a basic way to force a sync with the license server - which is apparently part of the DCOM problem.

Best of luck to everyone - this had been driving me NUTS as I hadn't been able to start the game for about 2 weeks.

30 minutes ago, KrafDinner86 said:

So... I don't know if this has been mentioned previously in this thread or not, but I was reading through a Forza thread (it's having the same problem) and one of the things people were recommending that worked for me was to start a download of a free app in the microsoft store.  After it gets beyond the Acquiring License stage and into the actual download, you SHOULD be able to start ARK.  I was able to fire up the game as soon as the download started.  You can uninstall whatever it was after it's finished downloading - it's just a basic way to force a sync with the license server - which is apparently part of the DCOM problem.

Best of luck to everyone - this had been driving me NUTS as I hadn't been able to start the game for about 2 weeks.

I tried this, didnt work. Are you trying it while its downloading? I did it after the download finished. 
When I get home ill give it a shot

5 hours ago, KrafDinner86 said:

This worked for me!! I opened Ark right after the free app started downloading, and it worked. It took Ark a few seconds to open, but it did! Been struggling with this for days. Thanks so much!

1 hour ago, Aloratalyn said:

This worked for me!! I opened Ark right after the free app started downloading, and it worked. It took Ark a few seconds to open, but it did! Been struggling with this for days. Thanks so much!

Tried it, opens and closes right back. What app did you download?

Still having this problem today. I've run this game on 2 computers and though this problem was persistent on one, starting/cancelling a download would fix it every time. Annoying, but it worked.

Now, on my second computer, I haven't had this problem at all until this last update and nothing seems to be working. I've tried starting/cancelling with no success, so I'm hoping one of the downloads going now will work when it finishes.

As of right now though, I can't play. This is becoming increasingly frustrating to continue having problems every single weekend like this. 

4 hours ago, aliciam514 said:

Still having this problem today. I've run this game on 2 computers and though this problem was persistent on one, starting/cancelling a download would fix it every time. Annoying, but it worked.

Now, on my second computer, I haven't had this problem at all until this last update and nothing seems to be working. I've tried starting/cancelling with no success, so I'm hoping one of the downloads going now will work when it finishes.

As of right now though, I can't play. This is becoming increasingly frustrating to continue having problems every single weekend like this. 

Here is a potential fix and indeed much easier than the usual (download something/local account to windows account swapping etc)

Open notepad

Type the following line

net start "PushToInstall"

Save the file to your desktop as somename.bat  (IE FixArk.bat)

Now if you have the issue just run the .bat file you created as administrator (Right-click->Run as administrator)

Ever since I ran it one time I have yet to encounter the issue again. Not saying it won't arise again but at least all you have to do is run the bat file quickly and viola all hopefully should be well.

Cheers

13 hours ago, Malucifer said:

Here is a potential fix and indeed much easier than the usual (download something/local account to windows account swapping etc)

Open notepad

Type the following line

net start "PushToInstall"

Save the file to your desktop as somename.bat  (IE FixArk.bat)

Now if you have the issue just run the .bat file you created as administrator (Right-click->Run as administrator)

Ever since I ran it one time I have yet to encounter the issue again. Not saying it won't arise again but at least all you have to do is run the bat file quickly and viola all hopefully should be well.

Cheers

Thanks, Malucifer.

Unfortunately, since the download didn't work earlier, I uninstalled and started reinstalling, though I'm not enthusiastic about that, ha. I will take note of this though and give it a shot if either this doesn't work, or the problem comes up again. Appreciate the tip!

Edit - Since I can't seem to post a new reply, I'll just add here - uninstalling the game and reinstalling seems to have fixed this problem for now. Really hope I don't have to do that every time we have an update though!

Edited by aliciam514

14 hours ago, aliciam514 said:

Thanks, Malucifer.

Unfortunately, since the download didn't work earlier, I uninstalled and started reinstalling, though I'm not enthusiastic about that, ha. I will take note of this though and give it a shot if either this doesn't work, or the problem comes up again. Appreciate the tip!

Good luck bud. Not that I hope it happens again, but knowing if this solves the issue for others would be a nice thing :)

Error happened today and running the bat file solved it again. Two seconds and no downloading/switching needed.

Edited by Malucifer
Edited to include error and resolution again

15 hours ago, Malucifer said:

Good luck bud. Not that I hope it happens again, but knowing if this solves the issue for others would be a nice thing :)

Error happened today and running the bat file solved it again. Two seconds and no downloading/switching needed.

I did what you said and it still didn't work. It would just open and then close right away and i would try to open ark but same thing ark closes a half second later....

2 hours ago, Mackentry said:

I did what you said and it still didn't work. It would just open and then close right away and i would try to open ark but same thing ark closes a half second later....

You have to run the bat file as administrator. Right click the bat file and choose Run as administrator then press yes on the windows permissions screen that opens up.

If for some reason the bat file isn't working you can do the same thing the bat file does manually like so...

Hit Windows key + R

Type in services.msc

hit enter

Scroll down the list of services it shows and find Windows PushToInstall Service

Right click that and choose Start

As a side note you may actually have to go into services anyway and change PushToInstall service to Automatic (Trigger Start). I will try to confirm that. A friend of mine just tried the bat file and it didn't work for him but I didn't have him change it in services.msc first.

Edited by Malucifer