Jatheish

Windows 10 / Play Anywhere - Closes on Start Up

6 hours ago, RufusTK said:

So I tried the reinstalling stuff, signing out stuff and all the other jazz and nothing seems to work. My game opens for 5 seconds, gives me the windows gaming bar, then crashes. I'm getting frustrated not being able to play. Please Help Me.

1. Open the Microsoft Store

2. Start to download a Game from the Store that is not Ark (Candy Crush for example)

3. Cancel the Download.

4. Start Ark

This also dont work?

16 hours ago, SladeSF2 said:

Maybe you will laugh but i'd tried those two with no success :)

I've tried this (my personal list of pain :) :

1.Reinstall the game
2. Checked if Windows is up to date
3. Uninstall and then install the latest version of the graphics card driver.
4. Check the driver of my router
5. Reinstall the game
6. The things Jatheish wrote
7. WSReset
8. Reset data from Ark
9. Open the ports
10. get the rights for the windows app folder
11. Reinstall the game
12. Lost in desperation
13. some things I'm too lazy to search again for them (some commands for command prompt in windows)
14. the way i wrote in this thread

I'm no PC crack. Searching for and trying these things was really a big challenge for me :)

btw it takes me 3 Days to register at this Forum 'cause the registration e-mail process is broken ;)

oh well worth a host, I didn't expect it to work either as usually if you have an issue with one App on the store, yo have an issue with many.

21 hours ago, SladeSF2 said:

2. Start to download a Game from the Store that is not Ark (Candy Crush for example)

3. Cancel the Download.

4. Start Ark

This also dont work?

Do you see any errors in the System Event log? 

Amazingly the download some random game from the MS store then cancelling it then launching Ark totally works. Thanks Sladesf2 !

So there you go, its a Microsoft thing, which after spending a many years with their server software, does not surprise me in the least.

Edited by Kingsoup

Installed play-anywhere game last week and got two nights of play.  Third night it would only silently crash on start.  Ran thru confirming the Win10 updates, Store updates, reboots, App Troubleshooter reset the store cache, and no progress.  From the dev reply on the store, I read this thread.  Booted pc tonight and uninstalled the Aberrant Skins part of app (expecting to reinstall from Store as the real hope).  But I tried starting Ark SE after the uninstall, and surprise, surprise, it works now.  Now I wish I'd tried starting it before this step, just in case something else (Microsoft???) got changed.

I'd like to reinstall the Skins, but don't see where to do that (not finding it in the Store).  Any suggestions?

Hi, so far running on Windows 10 with XPA is working for me with my mate.  Only 1 crash so far but not sure what was the cause.

My question for XPA is how do we change the language of the game?  I understand how the language setting works on Xbox but I cannot find any information for XPA Windows 10.  Please advice.

Thanks!

Jeff

7 hours ago, Borobo said:

Hi, so far running on Windows 10 with XPA is working for me with my mate.  Only 1 crash so far but not sure what was the cause.

My question for XPA is how do we change the language of the game?  I understand how the language setting works on Xbox but I cannot find any information for XPA Windows 10.  Please advice.

Thanks!

Jeff

The language of the game should be using the language of your Windows.

I been trying to play ever since Xbox play anywhere came out for this game every time I start the game it shows the logo of the game with a purple background then nothing.I have reinstalled like 10 times I've formatted my HDD, I started to download a game stop it then start up ark still no success.I can't install the dlc because I have no dlc I don't know what to do it's definently not my Pc 1000% for sure.

I'm having the same exact issue as Bowdwn2Megatron and everyone else with the splash screen, but after doing all the steps everyone has mentioned to do, it still isn't working. I've been trying for a solution myself for a few days now. I just really want this to be fixed, cause if it doesn't then that makes all our situations a waste of our time and money. I apologize if I may come off as rude, and I totally understand that this came out just recently for Windows 10. But surely there should be some sort of fix by now if so many people are having the same issue. Here is my pastebin link: https://pastebin.com/NBX6mBh1

My email is linked with my Xbox account I signed onto here with, but that isn't my current email. If you need to email me, then please do so at whitelaw_mpaulw @yahoo.com. I had to put a space because of the email protection. But I don't care about who sees it at this point.

I truly hope we can find a solution to this asap, and I'll be happy to help in any way possible to do so. I've redownloaded this game 3 times now, and I tried reinstalling my Aberration addon like someone had mentioned without reinstalling the whole game one time, that didn't work so I'm trying to reinstall it one last time. And that takes forever. Once it's reinstalled, I'll try downloading something else from the Microsoft store, then cancel it, and then launch Ark like SladeSF2 mentioned.

My friends and I wanted to set up a dedicated 24/7 crossplay server on my PC named GhostProtocol, and then be able to play together on our server PVP server with many others. That is the main reason for me downloading this onto my Windows 10. However it'd be nice to be able to play on PC also.

Edited by MounTmikeY
Saw other pages too.

26 minutes ago, MounTmikeY said:

I'm having the same exact issue as Bowdwn2Megatron and everyone else with the splash screen, but after doing all the steps everyone has mentioned to do, it still isn't working. I've been trying for a solution myself for a few days now. I just really want this to be fixed, cause if it doesn't then that makes all our situations a waste of our time and money. I apologize if I may come off as rude, and I totally understand that this came out just recently for Windows 10. But surely there should be some sort of fix by now if so many people are having the same issue. Here is my pastebin link: https://pastebin.com/NBX6mBh1

My email is linked with my Xbox account I signed onto here with, but that isn't my current email. If you need to email me, then please do so at whitelaw_mpaulw @yahoo.com. I had to put a space because of the email protection. But I don't care about who sees it at this point.

I truly hope we can find a solution to this asap, and I'll be happy to help in any way possible to do so. I've redownloaded this game 3 times now, and I tried reinstalling my Aberration addon like someone had mentioned without reinstalling the whole game one time, that didn't work so I'm trying to reinstall it one last time. And that takes forever. Once it's reinstalled, I'll try downloading something else from the Microsoft store, then cancel it, and then launch Ark like SladeSF2 mentioned.

My friends and I wanted to set up a dedicated 24/7 crossplay server on my PC named GhostProtocol, and then be able to play together on our server PVP server with many others. That is the main reason for me downloading this onto my Windows 10. However it'd be nice to be able to play on PC also.

You specs look fine to me, GTX 970M is well above the minimum specifications.

I have a suggestion, that may not work, but it couldn't hurt.

Can you try to run the MSConfig program (System configuration) and basically follow these steps.

1) Type MsConfig into the Cortana bar and run this as an Administrator.

2) Select Selective boot on the General Tab and de-select the load startup items

3) Switch to the Services Tab and select Hide all MS Services and select disable all.

Apply this and it should ask you to reboot the system

This should eliminate any software conflict that may cause it to not work.

13 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Can you try to run the MSConfig program (System configuration) and basically follow these steps.

2) Select Selective boot on the General Tab and de-select the load startup items

3) Switch to the Services Tab and select Hide all MS Services and select disable all.

I did that and rebooted my computer. I'm still reinstalling the game. It probably won't finish until later tonight I think. Hopefully that helps out. Will that conflict with any other of my programs? And if it does, should I wait until after I get Ark working to get my other services started up again?

6 minutes ago, MounTmikeY said:

I did that and rebooted my computer. I'm still reinstalling the game. It probably won't finish until later tonight I think. Hopefully that helps out. Will that conflict with any other of my programs? And if it does, should I wait until after I get Ark working to get my other services started up again?

Basically this boots your system up to only allow MS related software to run, so if there is a software conflict this will pick it up at this stage. This is a long shot, but it can't hurt to try it. Another option would be the event viewer, but try this first and if it fails then we'll have a look into the Event Viewer. I am not sure where Store Apps log to, so I'll do a bit of research into that in the mean time.

It seems for many the reinstall of the addon are working. I dont own a addon so i had a problem. Reinstall the entire game only works for 2-3 Sessions. My internet connection  is slow. It takes 18 hours to download the game! (i dowloaded the windos store version 3 times since the release) How i write before in this thread , i had tried many solution proposal.

On 30.12.2017 at 2:09 AM, SladeSF2 said:

3. Cancel the Download.

4. Start Ark

This was the only workarround that worked for me. The Problem reappears but it takes only a minute with this workarround that the game start normal. Not perfect but better this than the feeling of pain  if the game close without any error message :) .
I think this workarround and restall the addon touch the same process at the system/ rights management.

I'm a pc noob when it comes to system processes, also my english skill is low and it takes a lot time to write or understand a post in english  :/
Should i write total nonsense because of this facts above or misunderstand something , please be patient :)

ps

On 30.12.2017 at 11:17 PM, Jesse said:

Do you see any errors in the System Event log? 

A tough thing for me. How i check this? Youtube and Google dont helped me much to manage this challenge :(

Just now, SladeSF2 said:

It seems for many the reinstall of the addon are working. I dont own a addon so i had a problem. Reinstall the entire game only works for 2-3 Sessions. My internet connection  is slow. It takes 18 hours to download the game! (i dowloaded the windos store version 3 times since the release) How i write before in this thread , i had tried many solution proposal.

This was the only workarround that worked for me. The Problem reappears but it takes only a minute with this workarround that the game start normal. Not perfect but better this than the feeling of pain  if the game close without any error message :) .
I think this workarround and restall the addon touch the same process at the system/ rights management.

I'm a pc noob when it comes to system processes, also my english skill is low and it takes a lot time to write or understand a post in english  :/
Should i write total nonsense because of this facts above or misunderstand something , please be patient :)

ps

A tough thing for me. How i check this? Youtube and Google dont helped me much to manage this challenge :(

If you RMB (Right Mouse Button) on the start icon in the buttom left of your taskbar, you will see a menu pop up with Event Viewer. Selecting that will run it.

There is a list on the left hand side, you want to drill into the Windows Logs and select Application. If you RMB on the Application you can clear the logs, do not save it, just clear it. Try to run Ark for Windows 10 again and see what pops up in here. I am hoping, that something will pop up in here, that can help Wildcard find the source to the issue.

Not sure if this has anything to do with what this issue we are all having, but when I go into my library and look at all games, ark is listed under games that dont work on this device, all my specs are above the minimum requirements so I found this odd considering I have the game downloaded and can start it up facing the same issue of crashing on startup.

14 hours ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Ark and Aberration just finished downloading. It seems as if the MSConfig is a good fix for this. Possibly temporary, but I will note if there is any change. Thanks!

What about Win 10 servers not saving world's, can we get an update on that? 

Edit: I am unable to post a reply for some reason to you CyberAngel67, all I can do is edit this post and I am assuming that there is a post limit/day for low post count accounts? Anyways my situtation is not unique as I found the following threads

Fortunately a user, Tforge, discovered that (at least on Aberration) a certain file was deleting when on you clicked on HOST/LOCAL on the PC. This file was the world save so you would launch a dedicated server where player information was saved but the world wiped every time. If you manually copy that file back in, after clicking HOST/LOCAL, and then run the dedicated server it does indeed keep the file and launch the saved world. The issue is you have to do this every time your server goes down for any reason as clicking HOST/LOCAL absolutely is deleting that file. The fact that another user saw it, fixed it, and I replicated it after the same issue shows it is not an error on our part or if it is it is an error that is not apparent. Seeing as this is a solid fix and others are having issues, it would be great to have WC address the issue.

Edited by xelderdrakex
Additional information

17 minutes ago, Loblaw said:

Still getting close on startup after trying to play the next day, but I can confirm that starting a microsoft store download and cancelling it lets the game launch for me. Thanks for the tip, much better than reinstalling dlc every time.

Can you look in your System Event log to see what error was being thrown when it refused to launch?

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Can you look in your System Event log to see what error was being thrown when it refused to launch?

Found this error repeated a few times around when I was trying to start the game:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID 
{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
 and APPID 
{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
 to the user redacted SID (S-1-5-21-2638812405-2702539702-1044508680-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

3 hours ago, Loblaw said:

Found this error repeated a few times around when I was trying to start the game:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID 
{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
 and APPID 
{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
 to the user redacted SID (S-1-5-21-2638812405-2702539702-1044508680-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

yep, same error I get when it is already running on another account. Which only started happening when the server crashed and unfortunately, that trick for downloading does't work for me.