Windows 10 / Play Anywhere - Closes on Start Up

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is not about this topic but I’ve got an idea about something you could do for the dlc extinction. Instead of having canteens water bottles and skins you could have a uncommon chance to find a wat

If you search for ARK in Add or Remove Programs, then select 'Advanced,' you'll see a list of add-ons. Just select one of them, and hit uninstall and then head to the store again, to reinstall it. 

Can confirm that installing scorched earth allowed my game to launch fully

Posted Images

The issue is the Xbox (beta) app. Yesterday I saw that this game was available on PC for me to play through my xbox ultimate subscriptions so I wanted to give it a go.  Started the download took about 15 minutes to complete the 107.1 GB. Started the game up and crash after crash after crash. Ridiculous. So I read this entire forum post and problably 30 different posts about the DCOM issue and the crashing consistently tried everything they offered and could not resolve the issue. So after 5 hours of digging through my pc last night I finally just thought you know what I bet its just this dumb Xbox (beta) app that Microsoft smashed together on the fly and left to rot. and I was right. When you install games from the xbox beta app they are installed and secured under the trusted installer security group. Which if youre any kinda of windows 10 savy you know is trash. Because windows loves to put things under this security group to make you sweat and work your rear off to make the changes you want on your pc. i.e. its a pain in the rear. So long story short. I uninstalled the game from the xbox beta app. Deleted all files from the windowsapps folder concerning Ark. The went to the windows store app and download it through there making sure that both xbox beta app and windows store app are signed into the same account. Then and this is critical I selected play in the windows store app and the windows store app only from now until underverse come only select play through the windows store app when you want to play this game and will eliminate the actually issue which is the xbox beta app. Dont waste your time calling windows support cause they pawn the issue off on ark. And its not their issue its microsoft as always. if you have any questions concerning the process above please feel free to reach out and I'll assist as best I can.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Bug Support said:

Thank you for your report!

Please be sure to have each field accurately and thoroughly filled out with as much detail as you can provide. This will help us in reproducing the issue and make fixing the bug that much quicker!

It may take us some time to get to your report depending on the volume of reports we currently have, so please be patient with us. If we need any additional information from you we will be using the comments section here to get in touch or to add any updates from our end.

- Wildcard Bug Support Team

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/20/2017 at 6:11 PM, Jatheish said:

Update 3 [10th of January]

Thank you to everyone who has submitted reports. Microsoft now has an internal repro of the problem and is working on getting us more information. We still do not know what is causing it, but Microsoft is on it! We'll update you as we learn more. ~ Jesse

Update 2 [8th of January]

For anyone who is having the close-on-launch issue, can you please do the following and send the results to win10support@studiowildcard.com so we can work with Microsoft on the issue:

1. Attempt to launch the Microsoft Store version of ARK: Survival Evolved.
  2. Observe that the game closes automatically at the splash screen.
  3. Open a command prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd.exe)
  4. Type eventvwr
  5. Navigate to Windows Logs > System
  6. Right-click on any Errors you see from the time you launched the game, and choose Save Selected Events...
  7. Type cd %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp
  8. Type licensingdiag 
  9. Type wscollect
  10. Gather all of the files generated in the directory in step 7 by the commends in steps 8 and 9, and put them in a .RAR file (or renamed .ZIP file).

Thanks, this will hopefully help us solve this problem more quickly!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update one:

After further investigation, we've found that there is a communication issue with Microsoft's DCOM Server. Other games have had a similar issue, for instance, Forza 7:

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst110840_Unable-to-start-DCOM-Server-error-starting-Forza-7.aspx

We managed to sort out the issue by installing DLC over the base game. If you are experiencing the crash, you can try reinstalling a DLC or the base game. We've reached out to Microsoft for further direction on how we can avoid this situation going forward. 

Other players have reported success installing smaller products, and then attempting to launch ARK.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Survivors,

I'm looking into an issue where the Windows 10 / Play Anywhere version of the game is immediately closing on startup for PC. For anyone experiencing the issue, could you please try the following:

Firstly, please check that you're running the latest version of Windows 10? You can see if your PC has downloaded the most recent updates by clicking here and selecting "Check for updates now": 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4027667/windows-update-windows-10

Afterwards, please ensure that the store is up to date. You can do so by clicking on "..." next to your profile on the top right, select "Downloads and updates", and then "Get updates". 

Once complete, please check the ARK Store page to see if you meet the minimum specification required to play the game. If everything checks out, please launch the game and see if your issue is solved.

If it's still closing out, please press the 'start' key on your windows, search for "dxdiag", run it, press the "Save all information.." button and paste the contents of that onto a www.pastebin.com which you can share with me here.

Also, it would be good to also try this:

Thanks!

Nothing is working i been trying to fix this for so long. Why isnt it fixed already its been 3 years. I have tried everything. I want to play this game. Do you have a solution yet

Hey guys,

i got the game in the epic games launcher and had it running allright, due to a problem with my audio driver i reinstalled windows 10 completley.
After that i reinstalled all drivers but the game would only shutdown after playing 2 - 3 seconds of music, then i reinstalled all C++ Redestributables and updated my fresh video and audio drivers once again but still it wouldnt work, doing as described before.
Im working in the IT space myself and i decided to try and find a solution or at least a error log that i could google with to find a solution because the crashing of the game would not give me any error message.
So i used the ProcDump exe to monitor the ShooterGame exe and got some error codes but on the internet as it seems to me there is no reals explanation to the code iteself, maybe you guys can use it somehow? Would be nice to hear from you!

C:\Program Files\Epic Games\ARKSurvivalEvolved\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64>procdump -e -ma -w ShooterGame.exe > C:\debugFile.txt

-->

ProcDump v7.1 - Writes process dump files
Copyright (C) 2009-2014 Mark Russinovich
Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com
With contributions from Andrew Richards

Waiting for process named ShooterGame.exe...

Process:               ShooterGame.exe (11352)
CPU threshold:         n/a
Performance counter:   n/a
Commit threshold:      n/a
Threshold seconds:     10
Hung window check:     Disabled
Log debug strings:     Disabled
Exception monitor:     Unhandled
Exception filter:      *
Terminate monitor:     Disabled
Cloning type:          Disabled
Concurrent limit:      n/a
Avoid outage:          n/a
Number of dumps:       1
Dump folder:           C:\Program Files\Epic Games\ARKSurvivalEvolved\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\
Dump filename/mask:    PROCESSNAME_YYMMDD_HHMMSS

Press Ctrl-C to end monitoring without terminating the process.

[16:58:34] Exception: 406D1388
[16:58:34] The process has exited.
[16:58:34] Dump count not reached.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had this problem after clean install of Windows 10 20H2. I clean installed ARK also from Store, and it also showed the blue Screen with the Ark Picture in it, then closed right away. I tried troubleshooting, but nothing worked. I then reinstalled the game from store after first uninstalling it, and then it worked. Don't know why this happened.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/20/2017 at 8:06 PM, Jatheish said:

After further investigation, we've found that there is a communication issue with Microsoft's DCOM Server. Other games have had a similar issue, for instance, Forza 7:

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst110840_Unable-to-start-DCOM-Server-error-starting-Forza-7.aspx

We managed to sort out the issue by installing DLC over the base game. If you are experiencing the crash, you can try reinstalling a DLC or the base game. We've reached out to Microsoft for further direction on how we can avoid this situation going forward. 

On 12/20/2017 at 8:06 PM, Jatheish said:

i reinstalled like 10 times its still not working

• 1 month later...

I'm having issues launching the game via Windows 10/ app store

I have tried every option listed in beginning 

* Update windows/ windows store and restart

* Uninstall and reinstall a dlc (SE)

I have the game installed on secondary internal harddrive and seems its some type of permissions issue.

Event viewer logs included.

error.evtx Event 10001, distributedCom.evtx