Jatheish

Windows 10 / Play Anywhere - Closes on Start Up

Also suffering from this issue. I already have Ark on Steam and it runs great, but would really love to crossplay with my girl on her Xbox so I bought it a second time through the flimsyass Windows Store - game just crashes seconds after splash screen. Tried every single fix and workaround including the ones here (except for the Insider's Build method because no). I'm currently reinstalling the 80gb game but I'm not hopeful. Any developments on this yet? 

!!EDIT!!- For anyone still experiencing this problem, I installed the Windows 1903 update, reinstalled Ark (no DLC) and it's running fine now. 

Edited by Neurovex
Resolved my issue

On 6/15/2019 at 4:26 AM, Neurovex said:

Also suffering from this issue. I already have Ark on Steam and it runs great, but would really love to crossplay with my girl on her Xbox so I bought it a second time through the flimsyass Windows Store - game just crashes seconds after splash screen. Tried every single fix and workaround including the ones here (except for the Insider's Build method because no). I'm currently reinstalling the 80gb game but I'm not hopeful. Any developments on this yet? 

!!EDIT!!- For anyone still experiencing this problem, I installed the Windows 1903 update, reinstalled Ark (no DLC) and it's running fine now. 

Nah i still have this issue.

I know this isn't the precise issue that everyone is having exactly, but mine was crashing immediately as well. It was also not fully isntalling for me for some reason when deleted in my programs (It would instantly download/reinstall). By following the instructions step by step on this link, the problem was solved for me.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/i-cant-install-ark-survival-evolved-from-the/32069a79-9569-4bc2-99da-62f57d636e08

Actually fuming Aug 2019, and I can’t get Ark to open on pc after downloading through the store. Have spent over a week reinstall Win10 and ark (deathly long download that is) tried every work around offered by people all over the internet and nothing works.

Please God someone out there have a fix for this. MS support just pass the buck to dev’s.

I just want to run my own server So the wife, son and I can play. 

i am able to launch the game just fine but only for a few moments after which it closes its self out completely. this really blows as i just spent $60 to but the game on an alternate account of mine so as to use my pc as a dedicated player session. now i cant even do that. i have tried everything on this page and nothing has worked. what is going on and when can we expect an update from microsoft of this?

I recently got a new custom built pc and everything else works fine except that i cant start up my play anywhere version of ark to host a server. it worked on my busted ass old laptop but wont for this new desktop pc which doesnt make any lick of sense. it closes immediately after starting and i cant even get the option to sign in with xbox account. ive followed every guide and reinstalled and everything but nothing works and its getting frustrating. 

this is some of my pcs stats. can someone please find a fix for this i dont want to have to spend another 60+ dollars to get the steam version i know works for a fact. the same game on pc from 2 different providers but how well they work being so vastly different doesnt make ANY damn sense at all.

image.thumb.png.4730f7a6deefe5dc67b7cc42567bd195.png

reinstall the game, it worked for me and as far as this being put on the devs, that's BS, MS controls how the games are installed on windows 10 store not WC, if reinstalling the game is a fix then that means its on MS's side for the issue especially if the build for windows 10 insider fixes it as well, just proves it is on MS's server side of windows 10 store.

STILL A THING!! I cant get on with Windows 10. I have the same problem as everyone else. I tried reinstalling the game, I tried downloading DLC, I have tried fixing microsft store with various youtube tutorials...NOTHING WORKS!!!!!! I am beyond livid. Your support for the Win 10 version is abysmal. Anytime there is an update it kicks all the Win 10 players off the game and wont let us back on for up to a week after update comes out. If thats not enough, then now this..smh. It wont even start the damn game! I had a 180 Fire wyvern i was raising..I dont anymore thanks to this bs. Im also missing out on the Halloween update. Pretty sure this wont even get answered. The win 10 problems never do. You guys owe me a 180 fire wyvern and a working game!!!!

Same issue for me, contacted ark and nothing but links to support topics like lost dinos and etc. Waited on the phone for Microsoft Tech support for about twenty minutes and nothing was solved their side either 

Edited by Raforic
accidentally typed in jibberish at beginning

I was able to get it to work. I dont remember what link i used where, but basically it has something to do with the windows store, need to find out how to reset the windows store and clear its cache data. thats how i got it working on my end. (now to deal with the problem of save data deleting itself every time the game updates)

so its happening again. Updates on windows are delayed. no comment so far when the problem is gonna be fixed.

guess its again a certificate problem like in previous dlc updates.

maybe microsoft decided to jump straight into holidays and leave arkupdates for release genesis haha.

not able to find any servers and not able to create own server or dedicateds.

Hope to at least play in my holidays. 

On 12/20/2017 at 6:11 PM, Jatheish said:

Update 3 [10th of January]

Thank you to everyone who has submitted reports. Microsoft now has an internal repro of the problem and is working on getting us more information. We still do not know what is causing it, but Microsoft is on it! We'll update you as we learn more. ~ Jesse

Update 2 [8th of January]

For anyone who is having the close-on-launch issue, can you please do the following and send the results to win10support@studiowildcard.com so we can work with Microsoft on the issue:

1. Attempt to launch the Microsoft Store version of ARK: Survival Evolved.
  2. Observe that the game closes automatically at the splash screen.
  3. Open a command prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd.exe)
  4. Type eventvwr
  5. Navigate to Windows Logs > System
  6. Right-click on any Errors you see from the time you launched the game, and choose Save Selected Events...
  7. Type cd %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp
  8. Type licensingdiag 
  9. Type wscollect
  10. Gather all of the files generated in the directory in step 7 by the commends in steps 8 and 9, and put them in a .RAR file (or renamed .ZIP file).

Thanks, this will hopefully help us solve this problem more quickly!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update one:

After further investigation, we've found that there is a communication issue with Microsoft's DCOM Server. Other games have had a similar issue, for instance, Forza 7:

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst110840_Unable-to-start-DCOM-Server-error-starting-Forza-7.aspx

We managed to sort out the issue by installing DLC over the base game. If you are experiencing the crash, you can try reinstalling a DLC or the base game. We've reached out to Microsoft for further direction on how we can avoid this situation going forward. 

Other players have reported success installing smaller products, and then attempting to launch ARK.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Survivors,

I'm looking into an issue where the Windows 10 / Play Anywhere version of the game is immediately closing on startup for PC. For anyone experiencing the issue, could you please try the following:

Firstly, please check that you're running the latest version of Windows 10? You can see if your PC has downloaded the most recent updates by clicking here and selecting "Check for updates now": 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4027667/windows-update-windows-10

Afterwards, please ensure that the store is up to date. You can do so by clicking on "..." next to your profile on the top right, select "Downloads and updates", and then "Get updates". 

Once complete, please check the ARK Store page to see if you meet the minimum specification required to play the game. If everything checks out, please launch the game and see if your issue is solved.

If it's still closing out, please press the 'start' key on your windows, search for "dxdiag", run it, press the "Save all information.." button and paste the contents of that onto a www.pastebin.com which you can share with me here.

Also, it would be good to also try this:

Thanks!

DxDiag.txt

I have done all the steps I can find and it is still doing this I don't know why.

the game was fine for me months ago . I have reinstalled ark numerous times and also did a fresh install of window s 10 and have not been able to get anywhere with this.

please fix this 

Not to be debbie downer, but Why fix it if people are still buying it expecting to be able to run a server on their computer (Like i did) while playing on their xbox?

I'm absolutely still having the same problem and have been since Day the announced we could use play anywhere with it.  I'm no longer shocked by it.  I'm just sorry to hear that people are still being duped by microsoft and that it is STILL listed in the MS store as being Play anywhere compatible...  Take it for what its worth but i personally feel thats bad business.  

I don't know if I'm having the exact problem, all I know is I can't run the game for crap as it fails on loading the launch. I can't seem to download DirectX 10 as recommended either without receiving errors, and I've tried multiple times to validate the files on steam, run as administrator, uninstall and reinstall both Ark and BattleEye. I've run a recommended diagnostic via cmd sfc /scannow . I've shared all my photos and video on the following link: https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/9/1742265315847434528/

I really need help.

Saved Event Errors.zip

Edited by NightingaleZK
added Saved Event Error files in Zip Folder