Windows 10 / Play Anywhere - Closes on Start Up

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is not about this topic but I’ve got an idea about something you could do for the dlc extinction. Instead of having canteens water bottles and skins you could have a uncommon chance to find a wat

If you search for ARK in Add or Remove Programs, then select 'Advanced,' you'll see a list of add-ons. Just select one of them, and hit uninstall and then head to the store again, to reinstall it. 

Can confirm that installing scorched earth allowed my game to launch fully

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, residentt said:

windows 10 version is back at it again no server manager in newest update  780.23

Yep. Devs have quit trying, long time ago. Probably another month again before fixed. What a joke. What a joke the windows 10 store version is. Constant graphical/terran glitches, can't play official really besides a few experimental version even though "True--Play" is supported and can't even host our own servers so we can play the game. Not to mention a ton of the ini commands don't work but work in other versions, even in Nitrado hosted ones. To add salt to the wound, it takes days if not a week for the server to appear on the list, where as nitrado servers show up instantly.

Edited by Juggernaut

Windows 10/Crossplay/Play Anywhere

After updating to 780.23 ark crashes when loading the map at Ext_ProxyMeshes.

Event Log: Date 12/12/2018
Faulting application name: ShooterGame.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c09c327
Faulting module name: VCRUNTIME140_APP.dll, version: 14.15.26706.0, time stamp: 0x5b3efc74
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000000bf3f
Faulting process id: 0x245c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d49276a9800d3a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\StudioWildcard.4558480580BB9_1.26.780.2_x64__1w2mm55455e38\ShooterGame\Binaries\UWP64\ShooterGame.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00_14.0.26706.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\VCRUNTIME140_APP.dll
Report Id: 1d2a6f5c-8494-4aff-abf0-dbac8e648d1c
Faulting package full name: StudioWildcard.4558480580BB9_1.26.780.2_x64__1w2mm55455e38
Faulting package-relative application ID: AppARKSurvivalEvolved

Had this problem last March/April, it finally started working after the Spring windows update and then an Ark update, but now after installing extinction I am having the same problem again. It crashes at the splash screen. If it wasn't my sons favourite game I would have given up on it long ago, but I hate to see him so disappointed, he even saved up and chipped in for part of the cost. It launches on my other PC, but won't save on that one. In 30 years of gaming this is the most broken game I have ever tried to play.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is absolutely ridiculous! This has been a problem since 2016, maybe even earlier. That's ~ 4-3 years for crying out loud... I've tried absolutely everything there is about this on the internet and only one thing has worked for me; Resetting my PC. After I reset my PC I have to pause updates because once even when the smallest update is installed, it breaks the game. Wildcard/Microsoft is essentially asking me to reset my PC every time there's an update. Do you know how much information is lost after I reset my PC? No and you probably don't give a poop.

Dear devs and Microsoft, get your poop together and fix this damn issue already, I've been told so many times that "The people over here at Microsoft know of this problem and are trying to fix  it" by your customer service... That is pure bullpoop. Give people a refund and take the game off of the Microsoft Store OR fix it. You are selling a game that doesn't work, which is most likely illegal.

If you can't do something right, don't do it at all. I can understand that you have to endure a lot of hate but that's no raptoring excuse to ignore this. People are really getting pissed off because of your bullpoop.

SAME ISSUE!!! Launches splash page then closes. I tried everything! I have the error logs. Tried contacting Microsoft (so unhelpful). I have been playing on my dinosaur of a laptop for about six months now (it's five years old!). Then I get the genius idea to buy a brand new laptop so it plays BETTER! Now I can't even play it! There is no way my five year old computer can barely handle Ark but this super fast and super awesome gaming laptop can't! What gives! Oh and also I have two of every game in my Microsoft store, one that won't load (tells me I need to log into a authorized console) and one that will install but not play. 

arkeventlog.evtx

I've been playing the Win10 version of this game for a few months now. (Since Steams version does not Cross Platform for some stupid reason)
I started to get this issue today. As im reading on the internet, this has been an issue for years. You CAN NOT be charging people full price for a game with this many issues. This is disgusting. 

How are they going to add/Charge DLC before fixing the issues at hand? The total disregard for the consumer is infuriating. Im not about to go flipping through folder and files to fix an issue the developers should have prevented.