Windows 10 / Play Anywhere - Closes on Start Up

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is not about this topic but I’ve got an idea about something you could do for the dlc extinction. Instead of having canteens water bottles and skins you could have a uncommon chance to find a wat

If you search for ARK in Add or Remove Programs, then select 'Advanced,' you'll see a list of add-ons. Just select one of them, and hit uninstall and then head to the store again, to reinstall it. 

Can confirm that installing scorched earth allowed my game to launch fully

Posted Images

State of Decay 2 doesn't run by me either! Now my Ark installation works fine, but state of Decay closes straight after the logo.

Windows Insider Build can not be the solution! This solution doesn't make sense at all. It just reinstall your windows copy (in some way). So you can also make a repair to your windows installation. It would be the same effect.

• 2 weeks later...

Having same problem. found out plugging in a second monitor or just the hdmi to the back of my pc somehow fixes it. so it must be a video card crashing problem or something. if i unplug the hdmi for my second monitor it goes back to crashing at the splash screen again. so i just keep it plugged in. This fixes my "crashing at the splash screen problem". Hope it can help others aswell. made this account just to let everyone know. though i should have a survive the ark account anyway. lol. if i have to post a video for help let me know...

• 3 weeks later...

I Know it's a pain in the ass and may cause other problems but i just installed old nvidia driver 388.71 from december 27th i know this may effect other games but it definitely fixed my game and no longer locks up my PC at all i hope this helps because i know how long i looked for a fix. I reinstalled and lost all my Servers i was hosting from trying to get this fixed but now it works. just to note this fix might work with Ati cards with older drivers as well but i'm not 100% sure. I reallyhope this helps anyone. Believe me there was no way i'm installing the insider windows especially after seeing and going through the BS i did on my Xbox One insider console updates no thank you MS

i am not able to change any settings on the windows version of ark and it is extremely irritating as i cant change the game to fullscreen as it crashes and i cant change any rendering or graphics options as the game also crashes when i click on options. i wouldnt mind if it wasnt for the fact that it seems to be on the wrong resolution and on very low graphics settings if anyone knows a fix for this i would be grateful

• 2 weeks later...

I can't play this game at all.  I just bought it for Windows 10.  When I launch it, I see a splash screen for a few seconds and that just disappears (thanks Windows for behaving like a Mac, BTW).  The task is running in the background at this point (I can see it in task manager as "Ark: Survival Evolved" with a subtask of "Runtime Broker").  There is nothing in Event Viewer anywhere.  I tried installing another free app as was suggested.  I have also reinstalled (the first time this happened I thought something must have gone wrong with the installation and when it happened this time, I searched and found several complaints).  It doesn't seem to matter where I launch it from (start menu, store, xbox app, store page where you buy it).

• 3 weeks later...

@Jatheish FFaulting application name: ShooterGame.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5b6e6cb8
Faulting module name: ShooterGame.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5b6e6cb8
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000f5504a
Faulting process ID: 0x35a0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d43734083bdacb
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\StudioWildcard.4558480580BB9_1.17.776.2_x64__1w2mm55455e38\ShooterGame\Binaries\UWP64\ShooterGame.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\StudioWildcard.4558480580BB9_1.17.776.2_x64__1w2mm55455e38\ShooterGame\Binaries\UWP64\ShooterGame.exe
Report ID: 53a59d9b-0388-45e4-9472-a63dfb7afb62
Faulting package full name: StudioWildcard.4558480580BB9_1.17.776.2_x64__1w2mm55455e38
Faulting package-relative application

this is the error i got

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This issue just started for me too, tried everything I've read here, none have worked for me, have left a ticket with support, haven't heard back in a while, but it does say high ticket volume so increased waiting times are to be expected...how do this bug exist after so long >_<

edit: was about to try reinstalling again, when I noticed on the Windows Store homepage it said this product was not available on my device ( im on PC ) and have it installed, maybe there's an issue with the store getting confused with the device we're playing on, just thought i'd add that in case it helped anyone.

Edited by Renegades
suggestion
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After the Extinction update this is happening to me now too. All previous fixes posted do nothing. It worked fine until the update and even last night it worked. Today it's all the DCOM error. Running a dedicated server on Windows 10 is the only way friends and I can play together too since the tethering otherwise is beyond irritating, it makes it unplayable long term. Although right now it's unplayable too. So glad I didn't buy Extinction as this would irritate me 20 times more.

Yeap, I fixed this issue by completely reinstalling my PC the first time I encountered this, the problem has come back with the release of Extinction, no way in hell am I reinstalling my PC again.

*fixed it*

I went to Apps in my PC settings, found the Ark programme, and selected the reset option in the advanced options section for Ark when selected, I then uninstalled Ark completely from Apps on my PC, including scorched and Aberration, restarted my PC as Microsoft store was saying they were still installed, restart of PC fixed that, reinstalled Ark only, no DLCs, now starts up and works.

Hope it works for you too.

Edited by Renegades
On 12/20/2017 at 7:03 PM, Jatheish said:

I'm going to send you a quick email (the one that's registered to your survivetheark account), let's see if we can work this out.

Im having the same issues as this individual and I have tried everything from cleaning my computer to updating it. Please help me fix this because i really wish to continue playing this game but i dont have my xbox to do it.