The Barnji Plateau

thesourlime1

Hi all, 

We're a small tribe (5 of us) who just got wiped off The Centre a week ago, with most of our metal base and an indi forge remaining which we can demolish to get a base going. We're considering moving onto the Barnji Plateau on Ragnarok (pictured below) near Viking Bay. I just wanted to hear people's opinions on whether this location is manageable for a tribe of our size. Also, would people recommend putting all turrets on players only, as obviously larger dinos like titans, gigas, rexes, brontos etc. wouldn't be able to access the plateau without a ramp being built (we plan to counter this by placing pillars so structures can't be built)? Thanks for the help in advance :)

Barnji Plateau (Ragnarok).jpg

They just have to secure a foot hold, put a tek transmitter and you are toasted. I would do that with a tank quetz, then c4 the transmitter area, then download ASAP the war brontos. Saddle and quick build on them. 

Find a cave that is not accessible to dinos, build up defenses inside the cave. 100 heavy turret can easily defend those cave. Then slap a tek transmitter inside your cave to transfer in the dinos you tame/breed. 

You can even manage solo, only need to get the cave before someone else. Once the first few turrets are placed, the place is already very tough to raid unless you have asc gear and shield or a lot of people. 

I highly enjoy the three Waterfall cave, 2 entrances, walls of turrets and layers of gates. a well placed foundation has lead to a completely flat bottom level and a second tiered level. It is a ton of space and you have the beaver dams right next to you. 
A must for wood to turn into charcoal and CP. Metal/obsidian on the three mountain tops next to you. Metal all in the cannon down stream with rich nodes above each pillar. 

Honestly, this is the best end game base. location is great and with the new cliff platforms, and fish baskets, you can move some of your water tames, into your base. 

Archived