how's them theri'z on the abberation boss??

bigfishrob

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

But couldnt you spawn in some on a dedi?

i suppose....but that wouldnt be very "official" of me now would itxD

i joke, would be fun, and we are playing Aberration on our own dedi, just cause -- and i am purposefully ignoring most of the Aberration stuff out there (boss fight vids, etc.) until we have a chance to discover stuff for ourselves -- so will probably be awhile before there are any boss fights on our server

19 minutes ago, ThzNutz said:

i suppose....but that wouldnt be very "official" of me now would itxD

i joke, would be fun, and we are playing Aberration on our own dedi, just cause -- and i am purposefully ignoring most of the Aberration stuff out there (boss fight vids, etc.) until we have a chance to discover stuff for ourselves -- so will probably be awhile before there are any boss fights on our server

megalos man. they are viscous on arb. shred drakes like butter. i imagine that is what we will take here soon. we were focusing on getting drakes first. now we raising those and can look at bosses and caves.

58 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

megalos man. they are viscous on arb. shred drakes like butter. i imagine that is what we will take here soon. we were focusing on getting drakes first. now we raising those and can look at bosses and caves.

I wonder if you can bring Basilisk and Reapers into the boss arena. If so, I'd definitely wager that either could give Megalos a run for their money. Even so, Megalos are pretty beastly. Our level 40 is by far the strongest tame we got on Aberration, even outstripping our level 160 some-odd Ravager

1 hour ago, gaiainruin said:

I'm looking forward to taming some megalosaurus, keep hearing repeated praise for them on the Aberration map.

Got a 120 male down atm was hoping for higher though:D Just need to find a high level female now. Although apparantly they are bugged out for breeding atm and they breed out vanilla megalosaurus rather than aberant variants, hoping thats not the case.

10 hours ago, ThzNutz said:

you will not disrespect the TickleChicken :D 

we will be getting some Megalo'z too tho -- just started building at the edge of the Blue illuminated area

No you're right sorry! Trust me, noone loved Scary Theri's more than me on the old maps. They're beasts too. 1vs1 my money would be on the megalo though after the therizino damage nerf. 

14 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Got a 120 male down atm was hoping for higher though:D Just need to find a high level female now. Although apparantly they are bugged out for breeding atm and they breed out vanilla megalosaurus rather than aberant variants, hoping thats not the case.

You'll be happy to read this then ;)

17 minutes ago, Campi said:

Yes its PC. But you'll get it eventually even if it takes a bit longer. Guess you could breed Shinehorns for the time beeing - one can never have enough of those cuties.

Right you are, just going to be ages. Was hoping to breed some up for exploring the bioluminous chambers further but I guess the spinos would do for just now.

Deffinatly!  Thats what I have been doing. Found a 145 male and bred up the stats with lower level females. Even got a colour mutation on the back stripes, just a reddy brown colour but still. Soooo cutteee:D

4 hours ago, Yster said:

We have Spinos with 18K hp and 600Melee damage.. 

I'm sure they will be bread to be the same on aberration.. also? 

but megalosaurus might be the BOSS fight Dino of Aberration.  cause you might get to almost the same stats on them.  dont think you'll get over 500% melee easily.. have not seen one. 

% is %. Its equally hard/easy to get on all dinos except the giga. 

Megalosaurus has got a much higher base damage (and hp) though, so a 600% dmg megalo does more damage than a 600% spino. Even a 401% dmg megalo would do more dmg than the 600% spino

2 hours ago, BaldBudgie said:

% is %. Its equally hard/easy to get on all dinos except the giga. 

Megalosaurus has got a much higher base damage (and hp) though, so a 600% dmg megalo does more damage than a 600% spino. Even a 401% dmg megalo would do more dmg than the 600% spino

except probably against crabs. or packs. spino aoe radius makes hitting the weakness area of crabs a bit easier. i like the megalo a lot though. they mulch drakes better than spinos and get equiv hp pools. only issue is going to the pit with megalo is crossing the river with a shoulder light which u need. they will get hit when riding the megalo but not get hit riding the spino. I need to test the radiation soup to see if it will negate the river dmg to the shoulder pet maybe

1 hour ago, bigfishrob said:

except probably against crabs. or packs. spino aoe radius makes hitting the weakness area of crabs a bit easier. i like the megalo a lot though. they mulch drakes better than spinos and get equiv hp pools. only issue is going to the pit with megalo is crossing the river with a shoulder light which u need. they will get hit when riding the megalo but not get hit riding the spino. I need to test the radiation soup to see if it will negate the river dmg to the shoulder pet maybe

I was testing things last night trying to hone in server settings to make things not take ages, but have a fair chance at leveling a baby reaper to +75 levels, and I couldn't consume the mushroom brew at all.  It wasn't an option.  Anyone else have this issue?

1 hour ago, bigfishrob said:

I'm playing with damage indicators and i gotta say, while i know various dinos has weak spots when hit with projectiles, it is, as far as i know, not a thing on dino vs dino. On the aoe part i agree 100% that the spino is superior. 

But even with the great aoe i find myself flanked alot on the spino, wich never happens on my megalo because of its better turning radius. 

I haven't been to any pits as i'm still a massive noob on aberration. Unless you mean the purple rivers? 

Archived