What are Nameless

TheJurAssiC

10 hours ago, EssentialFrenzy said:

They said they are supposed to be element infused humans or something. They look a lot like monkeys.

What if they're mesopithecus? Wouldn't do spoiler but Rockwell used to test on them injecting melted element in their veins. More times he tested on apes because he couldn't find humans to test on xD maybe they escaped and, well, mated and stuff xD

20 minutes ago, SouthernSamurai said:

I'm leaning towards whatever Rockwell tested on but it would not explain their symbiotic relationship with reapers who as far as I can tell are naitive to aberration.

In Diana's explorer notes you can read that she only mentioned "Dinosaurs" as a thread early on and a "clear sky" as well, so the Ark was intact when she arrived there. Of course, because in one of the notes she described how she and her crew ruined it by dropping a bomb near an obelisk that destroyed it and made the Ark unstable - because they all panick when they met a "shape-shifter" (I guess it was an Overseer)... Maybe Reapers are mutated Rexes and the Nameless are the people who once tamed them?!

21 minutes ago, DomiDarko said:

In Diana's explorer notes you can read that she only mentioned "Dinosaurs" as a thread early on and a "clear sky" as well, so the Ark was intact when she arrived there. Of course, because in one of the notes she described how she and her crew ruined it by dropping a bomb near an obelisk that destroyed it and made the Ark unstable - because they all panick when they met a "shape-shifter" (I guess it was an Overseer)... Maybe Reapers are mutated Rexes and the Nameless are the people who once tamed them?!

It wasn't an Obelisk that they blew up. It was the Overseer's Observation Platform. The same kind of structure we saw when we traversed the Tek Cave on The Island, and the same structure we see in pieces when we look into space. Whatever lived on the surface prior to the atmospheric shield dropping almost certainly died.

My theory: Aberration was never an Island ark, it was a Center ark (I know, they’re supposedly not canon, but from what I know, Helena and Rockwell just don’t visit them) Tjis would explain the vast cave systems that were apparently already under the ark before it fell apart. The Nameless are humans the ark was creating, but the bomb blast spawned them prematurely/they were mutated by the Element radiation. The reapers are an amalgamation of DNA with no primary basis, they just have the theropod body plan due to the vast number of theropods that went in there. With some human DNA in them as well, they had the intelligence to command the Nameless via pure might and their few similarities (similar hands, eyes, etc) This would also explain why we can’t see any recognizable terrain on the Surface, it’s just the sea bottom, and the smaller land masses were all crushed by the quakes. Some things we find only in aberration had existed prior: Charge nodes are essentially standard power outlets for the ark, that’s where they plug stuff in. The mushrooms were experimental hazards that had not been used yet, and some aberration creatures may have actually existed prior, as the ark is apparently perfectly capable of spawning in these creatures consistently (or they adapted/evolved to fit the situation better, and with sample specimens, the obelisks began spawning in the creatures on purpose, except for the Nameless and maybe the reapers, that’s likely due to malfunctioning spawners somewhere in the Element Chamber. 

But that’s just a theory, A GAME THEORY.

My running theory is that this particular Ark had large quantities of Element in it's rocks and substrata and that hundreds if not thousands of years of solarfire bathing the surface has caused it to melt and run down into the caves below. The element then triggered mutations in most every creature that managed to survive down there, with the notable exception of a few creatures that were more or less immune to it's effects, including Rock Drakes.

2 hours ago, CyanicEmber said:

My running theory is that this particular Ark had large quantities of Element in it's rocks and substrata and that hundreds if not thousands of years of solarfire bathing the surface has caused it to melt and run down into the caves below. The element then triggered mutations in most every creature that managed to survive down there, with the notable exception of a few creatures that were more or less immune to it's effects, including Rock Drakes.

rock drakes are specifically adapted to hunt reapers so I would say that's a tad out I believe Rockwell stats hes almost certain reapers are mutated rexs  and Diana does say a lot of people were on the platform when they blew up the observation station perhaps that's the nameless source  or it could be a reference to the dinos "bent by rockwells will" being the reapers and the nameless being the ones he created perhaps he makes them cohabitate since he is still alive he could be bending reapers "mutatnt res" to his will and creating the nameless and commanding them it explains their all hostile to humans that move deeper in the ark "potential threats or challengers to Rockwell" and explains why reapers and nameless tho seemingly not benefitting from living together are working in a almost military fashion      I think the nameless are mutated glow pets as I believe Rockwell did experiment on one in the lore so hes repeated this it could explain why the nameless suffer in the light so badly.

Archived