pvp Starting in Aberration - Anti alpha proposal

Monarch

Recently came back to ark for the aberration dlc and immediately ran into the same issues that have always been in the game, constantly being killed and having to restart. This is fine in a fair duel, it's part of pvp, but as everyone knows it's always the alpha tribes of like 20+ people camping people that just started to keep them in check, and it's almost always while they're offline. PVE isn't a solution, as it introduces its own problems which are almost as bad (territory claiming spam, being locked with what you have, and until recently having to worry about always being on for everything not to despawn).

For people starting out in Aberration and having difficulty progressing in the face of these issues I'd like to propose that we band together so that there's some form of competition (and thus the pvp experience will be what it really should be). Teamwork is vital to success and enjoyment of some of the later parts of Ark and if we can manage to get a decent sized group out of the many 1-2 man tribes with a common goal I think everyone involved will have a better time. It's difficult to recruit (or join) individuals in-game due to being on at different times and the limited chat functions, so I'm posting this on the forums as it also covers anyone who hasn't been able to get going in other servers and would move to this one. 

The current server for this is NA PVP Official Aberration 289. 

If you have Discord that's even better! Plan on using it to list what we should focus on doing as a task list as well as for keeping breeding stats handy, among other things.

1 hour ago, MirageUK said:

So your solution to counter alpha tribes.. is to essentially create an alpha tribe. Irony?

Depends on how you're using the term alpha tribe. An alpha tribe is a tribe that dominates the server by having more people, tech, and dinos than anyone else. The idea is to create a rival

• 2 weeks later...

I can't really provide any better solutions to be honest - my way to deal with toxicity and bullying in such games is to rent my own private server(s).  That way I have full control and can unleash the ban hammer against those that don't play nice.

Official servers are free services provided by WC and as they are not played regularly and moderated by staff it's a free for all hell hole from what I can tell based on forum posts I have read.

As a programmer myself I just found the infinite loop way of dealing with this amusing.  Alpha tribe to defeat alpha tribe.. to defeat alpha tribe... to defeat alpha tribe.  I know it hurts when I bang my head against this wall but I just can't stop doing it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 09/01/2018 at 2:09 PM, MirageUK said:

Official servers are free services provided by WC and as they are not played regularly and moderated by staff it's a free for all hell hole from what I can tell based on forum posts I have read.

That's complete hyperbole. 

It's a hellhole if you're a dumb noob who knows nothing. If you have a clue, you can probably get someone to recommend you a server where a megatribe is looking for client tribes, where you can only expect attack from cross-server raiders (rare) and build up. 

Or direct you to a 'free' server that only has noob tribes. But these are complete fun hell-holes with constant offline raiding and stone bases and poopty tech level. 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 1:43 AM, DWeberUSMC said:

ive got a solidly set up tribe on aberration looking for new members. Cant guarantee you the keys to the castle right away. But we are a fun group of casual to serious players looking for a few more to add to the group.

Super interested btu can message you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 6:30 AM, Monarch said:

Depends on how you're using the term alpha tribe. An alpha tribe is a tribe that dominates the server by having more people, tech, and dinos than anyone else. The idea is to create a rival

Lets put this into perspective: server ratings generally reflect server population. Servers that are not well populated are generally vulnerable for another large tribe to raid. Therefore, we have to say that the primary role of an alpha tribe is to care for the people by removing grievers and eliminating hostility as well as toxic attitudes as quickly as possible. In addition, if a player expresses legitimate interest to seriously play the game then there goal is to recruit that player. If they do not take care of their people then someone else will. If someone else has to take care of that legitimate player then x1 enemy can equal x20 insurgents. Every time that an alpha wipes an alpha is equally susceptible to an incoming counter raid which they may lose as they were equally susceptible to the possibility of having a good worker in tribe had they not offended that player.

An alpha-tribe is not just a gaggle of players who banded together. It is the servers interest conjoining people into one single tribe. It is consisting of the good and serves the greatest common good for those players that have a chance of being decent, before being recruited. An alpha tribe may as well be named after the server. An alpha tribe IS the server. The rest of the players are either moving, quitting, or prospects for recruitment. An alpha tribe is where the heart for benevolence is at. ANY other way... an ALPHA tribe is LOSING the game because others are already playing this way.  #put-that-into-consideration.

Your goal, on any server is to JOIN alpha or BECOME alpha. Its not about "alpha" pride. Its about the players morale, how morale contributes to attendance, how attendance contributes to security, how attendance contributes to good recruits, and how good recruits and more security enables players to complete more of the game. If your bad at it; well then your gonna be a crappy alpha and I wouldn't expect you to live long nor prosper.  

Politically; think about it like this: "We are the people connected through purpose, and if your against us then you are going to quit because everything that is not of purpose leads to malice. Boredom, leads to malice.".

So... when you see these tribes of 20+, 40+, 100+ people think ALPHA's that LIVE have SOFT HEARTS, TOUGH SKIN, and HARD HANDS.  Honestly; if you cannot offer that and only want "POWER" and "RULERSHIP" then as a player... I am not going to waste my time.

Archived