ARK: Survival Evolved, Available Now on Windows 10 with CrossPlay!

Jatheish

Just now, Zombiemad360 said:

I guess RIP then :(

Actually there is one more thing you can try.

If you open up the file explorer and type in %LocalAppData% and hit enter, then drill into the folder packages, you should see a list of some strange folders. Scroll down to one that begins with StudioWildcard and delete that folder. I am not sure it will work, but worth a shot. That folder usually gets deleted when you uninstall, but just on the off chance it didn't.

47 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

If you open up the file explorer and type in %LocalAppData% and hit enter, then drill into the folder packages, you should see a list of some strange folders. Scroll down to one that begins with StudioWildcard and delete that folder. I am not sure it will work, but worth a shot. That folder usually gets deleted when you uninstall, but just on the off chance it didn't.

I reinstalling the game again when it has fully downloaded I will try this...

2 hours ago, CyberAngel67 said:

So I have tried this and It didnt work so I purchased Abberation to see if I can launch it from there and it still doesn't work... I dont see why it gets stuck at the loading screen

Ive got my server up but there is no update for the save issue yet, and players having issues connecting or staying connected, my xbox is up to date with the latest update but my pc for windows 10 ark does not have the latest update and when i check to see if an update is available, it says its up to date, does the windows 10 version of ark release its update later? 

On 12/19/2017 at 3:38 PM, Jatheish said:

Hey guys. We're looking into an issue with invites/joining active sessions cross-platform with Microsoft right now. They've also provided steps on how people can host without picking up a separate copy of the game, we've yet to confirm but here are their steps:

On your Windows 10 PC…
1.    Launch and sign into the Microsoft Store using your Xbox Live Gold account
2.    Download and install ARK
3.    Launch the Xbox App and sign-in (or create as needed) an Xbox Live Silver account
4.    Launch ARK
5.    When the Xbox Account picker comes up select the Silver account
6.    In ARK, 
set up your dedicated server

On your Xbox One…
1.    Login to your Gold account
2.    Download and install ARK
3.    Launch ARK using Gold account as identity
4.    Use Server Browser to find and connect to the dedicated instance you 
set up on your PC

FYI, this no longer works. The game checks the xbox app's account on launch to see if it has a license. 

Untitled.png

@Jatheish, the main news post for the release of CrossPlay needs to be edited. It incorrectly gives instructions for enabling CrossPlay on a Nitrado PC Server: 

"For those using a Nitrado PC server, CrossPlay is disabled by default. You can enable the setting, by logging onto your administration panel, select the 'General' tab under 'Settings', checking the 'CrossPlay' checkbox, save the changes and restart your server!"

However, ONLY Nitrado XBOX Servers are capable of enabling CrossPlay. I purchased a PC server from Nitrado with the expectation of being able to use CrossPlay because of this post. When I couldn't find the option in General > Settings, I submitted a support ticket. This was the reply I received from Nitrado Support:

By: Nitrado Support, Today, 11:04 am

Hello,

Thank you for your support request.

CrossPlay is an option where someone with a Xbox can also play via his PC on
his Xbox server and system. Sadly you have a pc with a pc server., This option
is not available for you.

On 12/21/2017 at 1:18 PM, GhostlyCrowd said:

@Jatheish

Editing the INI files on Windows 10 is possible. I sent you a tweet about it but you must have missed it. I have it all working right now 4 servers up, customized by hand with INI edits. 

And you are willing to share this knowledge with the rest of us, I'm sure. Right?

Any update on how to make the dedicated server displays on the game server list?

As I said previously, we have a dedicated server up and running, but the way to get into the game is still being invited or joining the silver account game. 

It does work, which is fine. But would be nice to have it as an option in the server list so we could favorite it and use the "play last session" option in the game to join.

@Jatheish
By the way, for any not official server, is there a way to "activate" the same holiday events? I was eager to play my own server, but I surely will miss the skins and tames and related themed features released only on those events.
Also, any update on adding of S+ to Xbox/Windows and probably PS4?

Edited by DaniCardelli

1 minute ago, ElCobrito said:

What’s S+?

It is a Mod that allows building the way Ark should have been, now being incorporated into Ark.

1 minute ago, ElCobrito said:

And can someone tell me where I can find dedicated server options explained? I find myself with a taming speed of 3.15 but I don’t know how that number comes out. 

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration

2 minutes ago, tomandpug123 said:

How can I play splitscreen? I've been scouring the internet for how to play ark on windows 10 in splitscreen coop, but I can't find anything.

There is no split screen co-op at the moment on Windows 10, if I read the Community Crunch right, they are going to work on that later. They did mention something, but I didn't fully understand it, this is maybe what they said they'll work on bringing later.

57 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

It is a Mod that allows building the way Ark should have been, now being incorporated into Ark.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration

It stands for Structure+
Just adding some info into. It was announced as a new WIP for the future of Ark. Once there are no modes in Windows version, that would be at least a compensation.

6 minutes ago, tomandpug123 said:

If split screen isn't implemented yet, they shouldn't advertise it on the store page. I bought the windows 10 version rather than the steam version because I thought I would be able to play it locally with a friend, but I guess I'll just have to wait.

Problem is that the Xbox Store and the Windows 10 store are actually the same thing, MS merged them last year or the year before.