ARK: Survival Evolved, Available Now on Windows 10 with CrossPlay!

Jatheish

Yeah the fact their ported Xbox games is strange, you would think with Microsoft cash they could at least optimize it.
Didn't know that Steam and Microsoft worked off different ports or code until I ran into this little problem.
Well I hope they see sense and let me play with my Xbox buddies, its no way to treat gamers who pay considering the amount of priacy these days.
Like Gabey himself said, "Its not a pricing problem, its a service problem"

• 6 months later...

Hey developers its been 1.5 years, how is this coming along  for the windows 10 store version?

"You will be able to host a 70 player dedicated server using the Windows 10 version of the game! At present, hosting a Windows 10 Player Dedicated can be graphically intensive on the computers, as you're pretty much running the game. In the near future, we are going to see if there's a way we can make it similar to hosting a graphicless dedicated PC server. You will not be able to edit the "game.ini" or "gameusersettings.ini" server files, as those are locked behind the Windows 10 platform, though, you still have the Host Settings user interface available to you, similarly to the Xbox game."

1. We can edit ini files under the windows appdata folder but some ini commands don't work such as autodecay structures, max players, etc. 

2. Graphicless/headless hosting would be awesome to add, i know you said near future but I feel like 1.5 years is pretty much in the future now.

3. Can you give us startup command options and the ability to cluster multiple maps?

@Cedric, @StudioWildcard

Thanks

3 hours ago, Juggernaut said:

Hey developers its been 1.5 years, how is this coming along  for the windows 10 store version?

"You will be able to host a 70 player dedicated server using the Windows 10 version of the game! At present, hosting a Windows 10 Player Dedicated can be graphically intensive on the computers, as you're pretty much running the game. In the near future, we are going to see if there's a way we can make it similar to hosting a graphicless dedicated PC server. You will not be able to edit the "game.ini" or "gameusersettings.ini" server files, as those are locked behind the Windows 10 platform, though, you still have the Host Settings user interface available to you, similarly to the Xbox game."

1. We can edit ini files under the windows appdata folder but some ini commands don't work such as autodecay structures, max players, etc. 

2. Graphicless/headless hosting would be awesome to add, i know you said near future but I feel like 1.5 years is pretty much in the future now.

3. Can you give us startup command options and the ability to cluster multiple maps?

@Cedric, @StudioWildcard

Thanks

The reason some don't work, is because the header string is different to the Steam version.

Why this is different only @Cedric and @StudioWildcard can answer.

I made this discovery a long time ago, but no one has been able to answer why these headers in the INI file are different or whether it will ever be fixed or if we will ever get what needs to be changed.

32 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

The reason some don't work, is because the header string is different to the Steam version.

Why this is different only @Cedric and @StudioWildcard can answer.

I made this discovery a long time ago, but no one has been able to answer why these headers in the INI file are different or whether it will ever be fixed or if we will ever get what needs to be changed.

do you know which ones are different. i can get decay timer to work but once timer hits zero structures still stay no matter what, even restarts, leaving render ranghe etc.

under game settings ini

[ServerSettings]

PvPStructureDecay=True
AutoDestroyStructures=True
AutoDestroyOldStructuresMultiplier=0.0
AutoDestroyDecayedDinos=True
DestroyUnconnectedWaterPipes=True
FastDecayUnsnappedCoreStructures=True

12 hours ago, Juggernaut said:

do you know which ones are different. i can get decay timer to work but once timer hits zero structures still stay no matter what, even restarts, leaving render ranghe etc.

under game settings ini

[ServerSettings]

PvPStructureDecay=True
AutoDestroyStructures=True
AutoDestroyOldStructuresMultiplier=0.0
AutoDestroyDecayedDinos=True
DestroyUnconnectedWaterPipes=True
FastDecayUnsnappedCoreStructures=True

No sadly I don't.

I had the same issue when trying to add extra player levels, I posted in here a few years ago with my results and well gave up after that. I play the steam version now, I can't be bothered with the Xbox version any more, but who ever Wildcard got to make the game for Xbox and Windows 10. Should be asking for that company to fix it at no cost.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, ISD said:

Any idea when crossplay will be enabled for the official servers?

There was a promise that when they could get something like Battle Eye working, they would look into it. Problem is, is there anything like Battle Eye that would work for UWP apps. UWP has had leaps and bounds changes for over a year, where they could get Battle Eye working, but as the team is off doing other stuff. I doubt it will be done any time soon.

15 hours ago, CyberAngel67 said:

There was a promise that when they could get something like Battle Eye working, they would look into it. Problem is, is there anything like Battle Eye that would work for UWP apps. UWP has had leaps and bounds changes for over a year, where they could get Battle Eye working, but as the team is off doing other stuff. I doubt it will be done any time soon

They made small tribes crossplay so don't see why they couldn't do the same for official

23 minutes ago, ISD said:

They made small tribes crossplay so don't see why they couldn't do the same for official

I don't know about that, what I do know is that the Official servers have to have Battle Eye or something similar for anti cheating. Windows 10 version doesn't have anything for this and they won't allow clients connecting to those servers without this.

• 1 year later...