ARK: Survival Evolved, Available Now on Windows 10 with CrossPlay!

Jatheish

By the way. I'm playing on one of the official PVP Crossplay servers now, its the OC one (Other Countries?), its so hard, I'm running around with a bow and arrows with dinos at lvls 150, Alpha raptors everywhere...players stealing my gear when I go offline...any friendlies on this? I'm playing a character called Pluggy, I'm only Level 30 something so far, maybe 40 I forget but not got metal gear yet. I'm solo not in a Tribe...

Come say Hi if you're on this box. I'm in East 3 just a few hundred metres south of the swamp on the coast. Bring me some crystal if you have any :-) please.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2018 at 7:40 PM, Tigressx said:

Its not letting me get the other maps. Does that mean I only get the original Island map free with Win10 and need to buy the rest of them again? 

Also, is there a chance that crossplay will occur with Steam and PS4 players?

I already got ark on PS4, XBONE, and Steam. I don't want to purchase the season pass AGAIN. 

Per what I saw so far, you can download the game and all maps using the Gold account in MS Store and you can then play ark using the silver account. One thing that I noticed is that the maps I had opened with the Gold account are not open for Silver. This is mainly because you have to ascend to in Gama and Beta to have access to The Center and Ragnarok. 

I did not try to play the any DLC on my PC and I'm using it only as a "server", but I do know that I can star a dedicated session with all maps without issue (even the ones not opened for the Silver account).

I'll try to just play Scorched or Aberration to make sure Silver account can do it and I'll try to come back for an update as soon as possible.

By the way, I had to password "close" my server due to some unfortunate bad gamers. So you may consider not letting your session open as well. 

We got some good players, but the same amount of trolls.

4 minutes ago, DaniCardelli said:

Per what I saw so far, you can download the game and all maps using the Gold account in MS Store and you can then play ark using the silver account. One thing that I noticed is that the maps I had opened with the Gold account are not open for Silver. This is mainly because you have to ascend to in Gama and Beta to have access to The Center and Ragnarok. 

I did not try to play the any DLC on my PC and I'm using it only as a "server", but I do know that I can star a dedicated session with all maps without issue (even the ones not opened for the Silver account).

I'll try to just play Scorched or Aberration to make sure Silver account can do it and I'll try to come back for an update as soon as possible.

By the way, I had to password "close" my server due to some unfortunate bad gamers. So you may consider not letting your session open as well. 

We got some good players, but the same amount of trolls.

Let's be clear, Ascension is only required for players who play on Single Player. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, xspyboyx said:

How are you adding custom drops to this? I had no such luck getting it to work.

If you are not getting it to work you might be missing something simple or have an error in the structure of the data block. Not sure data block is the right word, but you get my point.

I currently use ASM or Ark Server Manager to edit the INI files and transfer them to the right location, saves me double checking if I typed everything correctly or not.

There is also another program being used that is just as good if you just want custom drops.

https://beaconapp.cc/

46 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

If you are not getting it to work you might be missing something simple or have an error in the structure of the data block. Not sure data block is the right word, but you get my point.

I currently use ASM or Ark Server Manager to edit the INI files and transfer them to the right location, saves me double checking if I typed everything correctly or not.

There is also another program being used that is just as good if you just want custom drops.

https://beaconapp.cc/

Are you using Ark Server Manager with Windows 10 Ark hosting or Steam hosting? I used the beaconapp to create the INI file.

Edited by xspyboyx

52 minutes ago, xspyboyx said:

Are you using Ark Server Manager with Windows 10 Ark hosting or Steam hosting? I used the beaconapp to create the INI file.

I am using it with Steam, but I copy the ini files to my WIndows 10 hosted server. In some cases I have to make a minor adjustment, especially for player levels and engrams unless they have fixed that now. You have to add the steam ini heading rather than the Windows 10 ini heading. Not sure if that applies to hosting on Nitrado or not but on Windows 10 it does.

But even if you don't own steam, you could open the ini file up and make changes to it very easily.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I installed the PC version to run as a dedicated server and once I set it up I realized I could not play with the same account from my xbox so I purchased a second copy but the pc version still recognizes the initial sign in info and there is no option to change it. On the xbox I can hit Y and change names but the pc version I am stuck . Anyone got any help?

2 hours ago, Malatock said:

So I installed the PC version to run as a dedicated server and once I set it up I realized I could not play with the same account from my xbox so I purchased a second copy but the pc version still recognizes the initial sign in info and there is no option to change it. On the xbox I can hit Y and change names but the pc version I am stuck . Anyone got any help?

To clarify we are talking about the Windows 10 Version and not the PC version?

If so then just change the login for the Xbox App.

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been trying to host a server on my PC so that me and my friends can play on the xbox, however no matter what I've done nobody can join the server, it starts loading and then times out. However if I make the server on the Xbox I'm able to join from my PC. Not sure what exactly I'm doing wrong but any help would be appreciated.

P.S. I've already checked my NAT type on both console and PC and both are open, even forwarded the ports for the Xbox yet I'm still having zero luck joining my PC server from the xbox

8 hours ago, DisturbedAngel said:

So I've been trying to host a server on my PC so that me and my friends can play on the xbox, however no matter what I've done nobody can join the server, it starts loading and then times out. However if I make the server on the Xbox I'm able to join from my PC. Not sure what exactly I'm doing wrong but any help would be appreciated.

P.S. I've already checked my NAT type on both console and PC and both are open, even forwarded the ports for the Xbox yet I'm still having zero luck joining my PC server from the xbox

Do not port forward......

I would first remove the port forwarding, it will cause more issues than it is worth. I come back to this later.

Once you have removed it make sure the NAT is still open, if so then you are good to go. If the NAT is strict or moderate, then you need to make sure that the PC has a static IP address, this can be achieved by going into your modem and reserving the mac address for that IP. That and you should have a static IP for the modem/router as well.

Now back to port forwarding, this will not work when you have more than one Ark game in the network using the same ports. Because all requests coming in will go to the the machine being forwarded to, so if that is your PC, then the XBox version will have issues. I am no expert on this matter, just know the basics and you don't want to be doing port forwarding in this case. Maybe someone with a lot more knowledge can go into greater detail.

Edited by CyberAngel67

2 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Do not port forward......

I would first remove the port forwarding, it will cause more issues than it is worth. I come back to this later.

Once you have removed it make sure the NAT is still open, if so then you are good to go. If the NAT is strict or moderate, then you need to make sure that the PC has a static IP address, this can be achieved by going into your modem and reserving the mac address for that IP. That and you should have a static IP for the modem/router as well.

Now back to port forwarding, this will not work when you have more than one Ark game in the network using the same ports. Because all requests coming in will go to the the machine being forwarded to, so if that is your PC, then the XBox version will have issues. I am no expert on this matter, just know the basics and you don't want to be doing port forwarding in this case. Maybe someone with a lot more knowledge can go into greater detail.

I tried it without port forwarding first, both NAT types were open and when it didn't work is when I decided to try forwarding the ports. If it has anything to do with a static IP then I'm guessing that is my problem, they do not offer static IP's in my area.

Thanks for your reply!

17 hours ago, DisturbedAngel said:

I tried it without port forwarding first, both NAT types were open and when it didn't work is when I decided to try forwarding the ports. If it has anything to do with a static IP then I'm guessing that is my problem, they do not offer static IP's in my area.

Thanks for your reply!

If the NAT is open, you don't need port forwarding and you don't need to do anything else.

Port Forwarding can work, if the Nat is Strict or moderate, but if you have 2 Xbox's or a computer and Xbox running the same game, port forwarding causes more issues as it directs all traffic for those ports to the forwarded IP address. Basically cutting the other device out of the loop.

My guess, is that is a firewall issue, which seems strange because the rules should have been setup when the game is launched.

As for why nobody can connect to the PC, would be a firewall issue. Check your modem, most don't have this on by default, so it should not be an issue, but if it is on then you may need to allow the traffic through. If you can't connect to your PC, then it maybe the firewall on the PC or other internet security software you have installed.

But I have a PC setup with Windows 10 version and have had people connect and I am able to connect internally with another Xbox, without changing anything from default settings on all devices.

Edited by CyberAngel67

11 minutes ago, CyberAngel67 said:

If the NAT is open, you don't need port forwarding and you don't need to do anything else.

Port Forwarding can work, if the Nat is Strict or moderate, but if you have 2 Xbox's or a computer and Xbox running the same game, port forwarding causes more issues as it directs all traffic for those ports to the forwarded IP address. Basically cutting the other device out of the loop.

My guess, is that is a firewall issue, which seems strange because the rules should have been setup when the game is launched.

As for why nobody can connect to the PC, would be a firewall issue. Check your modem, most don't have this on by default, so it should not be an issue, but if it is on then you may need to allow the traffic through. If you can't connect to your PC, then it maybe the firewall on the PC or other internet security software you have installed.

But I have a PC setup with Windows 10 version and have had people connect and I am able to connect internally with another Xbox, without changing anything from default settings on all devices.

I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to be checking the modem for, I really don't know too much about computers n what not. All I have is McAfee but it's never stopped me from playing any games before

• 4 months later...

STUDIO WILDCARD, PLEASE WORK TO FIX THIS AFTER RELEASING EXTINCTION. I want to host a DEDICATED server on my PC and join it with my XBOX and I have troubleshooted EVERYTHING, to no avail. Take a note from GMod’s book, or any other server-based game- and fix your servers!! I already pay for my gold service, I’m not going to pay nitrado to host a server when I already own ark. Especially not when you have made it clear that I can host my own dedicated servers. 

On 6/26/2018 at 8:06 PM, DisturbedAngel said:

Same. If you figure this out please let me know!! It’s infuriating!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Well that was the biggest dissappointment, no Steam + Win 10 crossplay literally cuts out a lot of my friends from the only time we get to play hosted servers on singleplayer. I cant afford to play online for a long time.
Microsoft is mentally challenged if they think im buying the game twice. Worst business decision ive seen seeing as though I got minecraft free as I bought it already. makes no sense from a community standpoint whatsoever and creates divide and tbh the only thing keeping me on the game was playing with friends privately.
At least X4 foundations is out in 3 days. Theres at least other things I can sink a lot of my time into.

41 minutes ago, Balarama said:

Well that was the biggest dissappointment, no Steam + Win 10 crossplay literally cuts out a lot of my friends from the only time we get to play hosted servers on singleplayer. I cant afford to play online for a long time.
Microsoft is mentally challenged if they think im buying the game twice. Worst business decision ive seen seeing as though I got minecraft free as I bought it already. makes no sense from a community standpoint whatsoever and creates divide and tbh the only thing keeping me on the game was playing with friends privately.
At least X4 foundations is out in 3 days. Theres at least other things I can sink a lot of my time into.

Cross play has nothing to do with MicroSoft, it was Wildcards decision to not do it. But in all fairness the PC (Steam) version is always ahead of the Console version therefore cross play is not viable in that situation.

Xbox Live games with the play anywhere titles are essential just XBox Games that can be played on Windows 10.