ARK: Survival Evolved, Available Now on Windows 10 with CrossPlay!

Jatheish

NOW. I need your opinion/help, guys. 

Sorry, I missed the update about how to log in (part of it you can see in my reply above on this page) and if any of you are still having issues joining your dedicated servers, I can try to explain what worked and what didn't in my case (open all ports on the server didn't affect it, besides our first thoughts).

I'm having a weird situation now. I was playing with my girlfriend and was all sort of ok. Some small lags, some disconnection on her side (bad internet connection most probably).

Suddenly I notice that there were other players on my server. Which is ok. And I'm just saying this because I think this could be related. Let's get to that.

So we decided to gather the artifacts and fight a boss in Ragnarok, because she never did it. So I get a couple of them. Missing only the 3 that you actually need to fight for them (Lava, Ice Queen and the Squid trench). I did it alone to make sure the locations first. All the artifacts were respawning right the way. Yesterday we tried to get them together, so she could see the locations and see the map. 

Turns out that most of the artifacts were not there. We got 4 of them, none of them respawn (I waited like 5 minutes in the first and second, 1 minutes on the others). 

I think that this could be related with the other players, not because they were also gathering them, but as the artifacts are not respawning, I think maybe my computer is struggling with the connections (up to 10 at the same time so far).

Does anyone had this issue an can tell me if this is something that I can fix and if it's related with the connections?

I really want to fight the boss, but I don't want to use commands to get the artifacts.

P.S. I have the same issue on Xbox, single player gold account, where after fighting some caves, the artifacts weren't there and turns out they are the same you cannot spawn with commands.

Edited by DaniCardelli

11 minutes ago, asant1ag0 said:

Hi there,

my NAT settings are enabled and config set to Open, and problem persists.

Maybe TCP and UDP ports have to release on my router?

I create the port forwarding for UDP and TCP 7777 and firewall accept conections.

Sorry, this thread has 10 pages now. Can you describe your scenario once again?

3 minutes ago, DaniCardelli said:

Sorry, this thread has 10 pages now. Can you describe your scenario once again?

OK

1 - I need to create a dedicated server on my pc

2 - i will connect with my xbox one, and works because im on the same network, my friends try to connect from xbox one on my ARK - PC and see the message "JOIN FAILED"

3 NAT config Open, port forwarding for the port 7777 to my PC with static IP

26 minutes ago, asant1ag0 said:

OK

1 - I need to create a dedicated server on my pc

2 - i will connect with my xbox one, and works because im on the same network, my friends try to connect from xbox one on my ARK - PC and see the message "JOIN FAILED"

3 NAT config Open, port forwarding for the port 7777 to my PC with static IP

When you connect to your own server, are you
1. Joining silver account game?
2. Inviting yourself to game using the silver account? 
3. Finding your server in the Players Dedicated server list?

Anyway, I can tell you that you can connect not because you are on the same network whatever way you are using to connect (but I saw some differences in performance from each one).
Also, if you read my previous note above, your server won't display on the list for a while.
In my scenario, I tried setting the PC as TMZ (risk, I know) and it wasn't working as well. 
What I noticed is that TMZ or not, this is not what is affecting the connection. If you just started a new server you can try the following (and try to not laugh to the MS restart part of it)

For all:
- Make sure Ark is closed on Xbox and try to restart your friends' consoles as your PC. Let's start it fresh.

In the PC
1. Delete any game saved in the Silver Account, all maps
2. Log in to Xbox app using the Silver Account and try to play Ark from there. Use the play option that appears there.
3. Wait for the game to load (it could fail the first time but it always fail the first time I tried to run Ark straight from the Windows Menu)

In your friends Xbox
1. Again, confirm the Xbox is closed (use the quit option that you can access from the dashboard)
2. Open the game let it load until you get the start button (for testing sake, let it play all those loud logos till the end) then go to the main menu
3. Press the Xbox button in the control and move to the left once (friends list. If your friends don't have your silver account as "friend", then add it as a friend).
4. Enter the list of friends and select your silver account. There should be an option "Join game". As the game is already opened and loaded, this will make it easier to join.

In my case, my router does not have NAT settings but most of the new routers have already "gaming settings" in place allowing the proper ports for Xbox and PS.
And I'm not using TMZ anymore. This is how I join my server and also how my girlfriends do it. And, again, I have about 15 other players, that were not on my friends' list, that found my server. So after a while, if you don't shut it down, your server should also display in that list.

Hope this could give you some directions and help you solving your issue.

Edited by DaniCardelli
  • Like 1

On 31-1-2018 at 7:18 PM, Juggernaut said:

they aren't going to open it up until some kind of battle-eye equivalent is in place. 

yea ive read that also, just wondering if they got any news on this matter. Would love to see this before the summer. Otherwise im gonna need some1 to keep my base up during the holiday.

33 minutes ago, RichardSouza said:

Guys I need help!! I was running the server with no issue off my PC obviously on windows 10 for Xbox players but now when they try to join it says “client build does not match host build” how do I fix this? I’ve heard update server but I don’t know how to do that.

Go to the store and update it

On 01/02/2018 at 8:04 PM, DaniCardelli said:

When you connect to your own server, are you
1. Joining silver account game?
2. Inviting yourself to game using the silver account? 
3. Finding your server in the Players Dedicated server list?

Anyway, I can tell you that you can connect not because you are on the same network whatever way you are using to connect (but I saw some differences in performance from each one).
Also, if you read my previous note above, your server won't display on the list for a while.
In my scenario, I tried setting the PC as TMZ (risk, I know) and it wasn't working as well. 
What I noticed is that TMZ or not, this is not what is affecting the connection. If you just started a new server you can try the following (and try to not laugh to the MS restart part of it)

For all:
- Make sure Ark is closed on Xbox and try to restart your friends' consoles as your PC. Let's start it fresh.

In the PC
2. Log in to Xbox app using the Silver Account and try to play Ark from there. Use the play option that appears there.
3. Wait for the game to load (it could fail the first time but it always fail the first time I tried to run Ark straight from the Windows Menu)

In your friends Xbox
1. Again, confirm the Xbox is closed (use the quit option that you can access from the dashboard)
2. Open the game let it load until you get the start button (for testing sake, let it play all those loud logos till the end) then go to the main menu
3. Press the Xbox button in the control and move to the left once (friends list. If your friends don't have your silver account as "friend", then add it as a friend).
4. Enter the list of friends and select your silver account. There should be an option "Join game". As the game is already opened and loaded, this will make it easier to join.

In my case, my router does not have NAT settings but most of the new routers have already "gaming settings" in place allowing the proper ports for Xbox and PS.
And I'm not using TMZ anymore. This is how I join my server and also how my girlfriends do it. And, again, I have about 15 other players, that were not on my friends' list, that found my server. So after a while, if you don't shut it down, your server should also display in that list.

Hope this could give you some directions and help you solving your issue.

Hi there

I set up and tested as you instructed me

however the following happened:

1- First scenario: I deleted all saved games, rebooted PC and Xbox, created the server on Xbox and connected through the PC and it works without problems

2- Second scenario: I deleted all saved games again, Restart PC and Xbox. I created the server on the PC and connected by the Xbox, the same message "JOIN FAILED".

Does anyone have other ideas for building the server on the PC and being able to successfully connect from the Xbox?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2018 at 5:04 PM, DaniCardelli said:

In the PC

In your friends Xbox

I have been running in to the same issue as  asant1ag0.

i have my server hosted on my Gaming PC through the Windows 10 Store version of Ark with a Silver account and me and my friends Play our gold accounts on the Xbox One
Once set up, i did not see my server in the Player Dedicated list which im not to worried about, but i was able to Join in my LAN by friending the silver account and just going to Join Game. My friends could not connect from outside my network though regardless of joining the friended silver account or being invited from the server/Xbox app.

At first i only had the following forwarded and i could join but my friends got Join Failed message

TCP: 3074
UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
I also set up rules to allow them through my windows firewall and tested their availability with a port checker

i have set up with the following ports forwarded and my windows firewall disabled on my PC (I know that's not secure but did it for troubleshooting purposes)

TCP: 3074, 25147, 27015-27030, 27036-27037
UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544,4380, 4500, 7777, 25147, 27000-27031, 27036

All the above ports are forwarded for both the "XBOX and "PC" versions of the game as per https://portforward.com/ark-survival-evolved/

I have not tried to add the raw socket of 7778 UDP but some of my research suggested this, but i think its more for the steam version

i ran the netstat -an from windows powershell I see 7-8 private ports used in anywhere between 51000 the 57000 range, either one or the other - never mixed between the two.

My netstat command also showed that ShooterGame.exe was looking at UDP port 7777 which i though was a steam only port for the game but now im thinking it may be just the games port

Currently i am set up with no port forwards, the upnp service running on my PC that is hosting Ark and my NAT type is Open

Nothing i am doing is working. I do have a password set. gonna try to take it off and have my friends join but at this point im not sitting on the edge of my seat...

Spoiler

I have installed it on my Windows 10 PC to play on PC too instead on XBOX only but if i start up the game it shows the picture of the obelisk and girl on the raptor with the gun and stuff and after that it auto closes the game any help?

nvm! i dint update it maybe its the reason for it!

Guys, if anyone is struggling with Cross play, let me know. I have Ark on my kids XBOX 1, I downloaded the Windows 10 version on my PC (saved me a stack as I was just about to buy it on Steam). I now host a NON-Dedicated server on my PC which means I play on my PC, I send an invite to my 2 sons and they can join on their XBOX (split screen if its both of them) and it all works great!

There are a few things to know:

1. You NEED XBOX Live GOLD to join the Windows 10 server/player from an XBOX.  Even if the XBOX is in the same room as the PC, there is some Cloud jiggery pokery going on so its not an internal/local LAN connection.

2. I found that because my PC (probably) has only 8Gigs of RAM, when I host NON-Dedicated Server when we fly/ride to another part of the map (Island) there are no trees, rocks etc just blank mountain with dinos roaming. When this happens I have to get my son to leave the game. I then have to exit the server and start single player (might not be required), the terrain then generates then I start Host Non-Dedicated again and re-invite him and it looks fine. He sees the terrain fine on his XBOX, its just the PC that doesn't, but if he tries cutting a tree down that isn't visible on my PC he finds the tree is just an image, he gets no resource. I'm guessing this is a server (PC) memory resource issue.

Anyway, my kids played Ark for years and I thought it looked rubbish, but now I'm hooked (graphics look better on PC, maybe its cos my screen is smaller)! Wife's not a happy bunny now we are all glued to it!

3 minutes ago, Mugnaschi said:

Guys, if anyone is struggling with Cross play, let me know. I have Ark on my kids XBOX 1, I downloaded the Windows 10 version on my PC (saved me a stack as I was just about to buy it on Steam). I now host a NON-Dedicated server on my PC which means I play on my PC, I send an invite to my 2 sons and they can join on their XBOX (split screen if its both of them) and it all works great!

There are a few things to know:

1. You NEED XBOX Live GOLD to join the Windows 10 server/player from an XBOX.  Even if the XBOX is in the same room as the PC, there is some Cloud jiggery pokery going on so its not an internal/local LAN connection.

2. I found that because my PC (probably) has only 8Gigs of RAM, when I host NON-Dedicated Server when we fly/ride to another part of the map (Island) there are no trees, rocks etc just blank mountain with dinos roaming. When this happens I have to get my son to leave the game. I then have to exit the server and start single player (might not be required), the terrain then generates then I start Host Non-Dedicated again and re-invite him and it looks fine. He sees the terrain fine on his XBOX, its just the PC that doesn't, but if he tries cutting a tree down that isn't visible on my PC he finds the tree is just an image, he gets no resource. I'm guessing this is a server (PC) memory resource issue.

Anyway, my kids played Ark for years and I thought it looked rubbish, but now I'm hooked (graphics look better on PC, maybe its cos my screen is smaller)! Wife's not a happy bunny now we are all glued to it!

Two things.

1) I would have gone with Dedicated over Non-Dedicated, the tether annoys the crap out of me.

2) Yes, you need an account that actually owns the game and Gold to play multiplayer.

And yes the game is awesome on the PC and Xbox One X visually, but 8GB should be more than enough to run the game as a server.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Donky690 said:

Hi, I'm good at crossplay. and I would like to know how I have to do things to play with my brother who plays in PC and I play through xbox one.
He downloaded the game from steam that influlled into something ?? someone throws a cable.
thanks and best regards

Crossplay is only between Xbox and Windows 10.

Steam cannot crossplay with Xbox unfortunately.

Its not letting me get the other maps. Does that mean I only get the original Island map free with Win10 and need to buy the rest of them again? 

Also, is there a chance that crossplay will occur with Steam and PS4 players?

I already got ark on PS4, XBONE, and Steam. I don't want to purchase the season pass AGAIN. 

I am hosting on PC and playing on console, but when selecting "Join ARK" and searching for my server, nothing comes up. The only way I can play is if I invite myself from the PC hosting the server, and even then, for some reason, I have to go to the home screen and completely close the game out on my Xbox. I even sent a ticket in to ARK support, but haven't gotten a response yet. Anyone have any ideas? I see that other people in this thread have had the same problem, and that it looks like someone who is a Dev (Jatheish?) said that they are working with Microsoft on this. Does anyone know if this issue has been fixed or if we are still waiting on it? Thanks!