ARK: Survival Evolved, Available Now on Windows 10 with CrossPlay!

Jatheish

How do I host on PC and play on PC/xbox (non-steam version) at the same time without buying an additional copy?

Does it support graphicless PC hosting for windows store version?

Can I host on another PC while playing on another PC/xbox (non-steam version) without buying an additional copy?

Edited by Juggernaut

How many times are you creeps going to remove the PC version for the windows store? This is getting hilarious.. it hasn't even been updated since launch.. crude fullscreen support, xbox one controller support botched.. oh my.. you guys make so much money on this yet take a HUGE dump on customers. I can't believe you are legally able to walk back all the BS talk in EA that never came to fruition, and probably was never actually planned... oh man this is horrid.

I tried to host a dedicated server from my windows 10 pc and ran into a couple problems.

1. I could not locate the server after I followed the directions in the article. I was only able to join through invite.

2. If i use a silver account then I am unable to use the world save associated with my main account and therefore lose hours of hard work. 

Can i transfer my world save to my silver account?

On 12/30/2017 at 8:28 AM, TheMatriarch66 said:

Hey guys I could really use some help.

I've set up a dedicated server on my pc and all is working fine, I can connect to my server with my xbox but after hours of playing I logged off only to rejoin later and see I died and nothing(buildings, tames etc.) but my character level saved. I tried the saveworld command after playing for a bit but despite being an admin it wouldn't recognize me as such. 

I've been trying supposed work-arounds but nothing works and so I can't play because nothing saves.

Is this a known issue that's being worked on or is there something I'm missing?

They fixed this issue on xbox, we're still waiting on the W10 version to be updated. I've also been waiting on some sort of feedback for this issue. Nobody has gotten back to me.

BUMP

Dear people of the ARK

I would like to know why only people that purchased ARK digitaly have recieved a copy of the Windows 10 version for free.

The reason that I am asking this, is because I purchased the Collector Edition (For the release of ARK) for Xbox One. And I did not know (at that time) that the windows 10 version would only be available if you would have purchased the game digitaly. If only i would have known that then I would have bougth it digitaly and not order it. 

So I hope that you can shed some light on my situation.

I would also like to apologize if this comment came to late or if the info is already known.  

27 minutes ago, TheColdAfroGod said:

Dear people of the ARK

I would like to know why only people that purchased ARK digitaly have recieved a copy of the Windows 10 version for free.

The reason that I am asking this, is because I purchased the Collector Edition (For the release of ARK) for Xbox One. And I did not know (at that time) that the windows 10 version would only be available if you would have purchased the game digitaly. If only i would have known that then I would have bougth it digitaly and not order it. 

So I hope that you can shed some light on my situation.

I would also like to apologize if this comment came to late or if the info is already known.  

Because that is how it works.

https://www.xbox.com/en-AU/games/xbox-play-anywhere

It is pretty sad that half the keyboard keys don't even work on the pc version, can't use the T button to transfer items quickly, can't hold the E button down in inventory to use. A lot of the play anywhere PC inputs don't match the keyboard Steam version PC inputs which is baffling.  

Edited by Juggernaut

1 hour ago, Juggernaut said:

It is pretty sad that half the keyboard keys don't even work on the pc version, can't use the T button to transfer items quickly, can't hold the E button down in inventory to use. A lot of the play anywhere PC inputs don't match the keyboard Steam version PC inputs which is baffling.  

I guess they JUST assumed people would just plug their controller into the Win 10 version.

1 hour ago, CyberAngel67 said:

I guess they JUST assumed people would just plug their controller into the Win 10 version.

I can also turn on epic view distance, and it erases all harvest-able resources from the map, but at least I can see all the dinos and everyone's base very easily and fly through anything. 

Just wondering, how big is the game from the windows 10 store. I’ve downloaded the approximate size of 83.9 gbs, but the download keeps going on. I’ve got it to 94gb and then gave me an error forcing me to redownload the game. I don’t want to do this again, if I can get a response soon that would be great thanks!

EDIT: Just tried downloading again and it’s upto 127GBs, is this ok for base game plus dlc? I’ve got all

Edited by UndeadMiner99

9 hours ago, UndeadMiner99 said:

Just wondering, how big is the game from the windows 10 store. I’ve downloaded the approximate size of 83.9 gbs, but the download keeps going on. I’ve got it to 94gb and then gave me an error forcing me to redownload the game. I don’t want to do this again, if I can get a response soon that would be great thanks!

Yeah that is a Windows 10 Store issue, it happens a lot. The Xbox has the same issue from time to time as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Editing the game and gameusersettings .ini files doesn't seem to work. I tried to add overrideengrampoints modifier, overridediffculty etc but not of them seem to stick. I made sure to close ark before editing. Are we ever going to have the option to be able to control the hosting like the steam version, no rendering of graphics on host machine, cluster support, editable ini files, easily restore save states, etc?  

Don't Know if this will be read but,

i host a dedicated server on my PC (Xbox 1 play anywhere) for my friends and i to play together on the Xbox 1. Its great, works well for us and we love it apart from one issue, every time there is an update, no matter what the size on Xbox its always around 50GB on the windows 10 Xbox app. We live in Australia we are on the NBN, but its still 55th in the world so well below average speeds its takes me around 5-6 hours to update the server. As the patches for us come out around 2pm on a Saturday that's all of Saturday afternoon and night we cannot play, we all work full time so we only can play weekends. Not to mention that it fails the first try every time, and we have start it again. 

iv attached the update for 770. has been going since 4pm AEST (second attempt) at the time of this post it was 8:40pm AEST

ark update.png

Hi there

i have same problem, when i start dedicated server(CrossPlay Enabled) on My PC using ARK(Microsoft Store Version) in same network with my xbox. The Server Works.

When i start dedicated server on my pc(MS Store version with Crossplay enabled), and my friends try to join, they see a message "JOIN FAILED"

PLZ i need help :(

43 minutes ago, asant1ag0 said:

Hi there

i have same problem, when i start dedicated server(CrossPlay Enabled) on My PC using ARK(Microsoft Store Version) in same network with my xbox. The Server Works.

When i start dedicated server on my pc(MS Store version with Crossplay enabled), and my friends try to join, they see a message "JOIN FAILED"

PLZ i need help :(

Check your NAT settings, you need an open NAT.

On 1/5/2018 at 6:17 PM, bR4yD3n said:

I tried to host a dedicated server from my windows 10 pc and ran into a couple problems.

1. I could not locate the server after I followed the directions in the article. I was only able to join through invite.

2. If i use a silver account then I am unable to use the world save associated with my main account and therefore lose hours of hard work. 

Can i transfer my world save to my silver account?

1. Per my understanding, and believe me that this makes a lot of sense, you will need to wait to see your own server on the Player Dedicated server list. I, personally, never saw mine there but in defense of my statement, I never needed because I JOIN the silver account to play. It's faster for me. And I have now about 15 other players that found my server and joined. And my girlfriend joins the game using the list as well. I don't know how long you need to wait, but I also saw a thread about it in Steam version where they say they have to wait a few hours (or so).

2. No, unfortunately, you cannot transfer "saves" between accounts. Just as a side note, I didn't consider "losing hours of hard work" starting fresh again. In fact, for me, this is part of the beauty of this and why I know lots of players (single player) that start fresh several times and test different approaches to the game.

Edited by DaniCardelli