ARK: Survival Evolved, Available Now on Windows 10 with CrossPlay!

Jatheish

6 hours ago, tomandpug123 said:

It says that here, in this article when it talks about splitscreen.

"The launch of the Windows 10 version also brings the single player & non-dedicated split-screen to PC!"

Well I think it maybe badly worded, because right now as a developer I am not sure how they are going to support Split Screen on the Windows 10 version. You can't have 2 XBL accounts signed it at the same time on the PC.

So does this mean people on Windows 10 PC will be able to use mouse and keyboard vs someone on xbox who is stuck with a controller. Does the person the xbox get aim assist if using a controller to try and match precision of keyboard and mouse? I am not sure if all xbox servers should have this option as a person stuck on a xbox will be at a disadvantage. This doesn't apply to me as I own both, xbox/win 10 pc and I also have a steam copy.

Kind of sad that the Steam people don't get a free copy of the windows 10 option but then again you would be giving them a free xbox version so that is understandable. I am not sure how popular the windows 10 store version will be, I suspect mostly people who have xbox might play it occasionally but people who are dire hard PC will probably stick to steam because of mods/more mature platform over the windows 10 store option. I do like the play anywhere option, it works well for Forza 7 and I look forward to ARK also. 

On 12/25/2017 at 10:44 PM, ShadowLurker57 said:

Will I have to buy the windows 10 version if I own xbox edition because I have looked and I cant see if i can just get it for free.

Plz help :Jerbcry:

No i just started installing the win10 version for free as I own it on xbox. Whatever you own xbox, you own on windows 10 store pc. As long as you are using the same xbox account on both systems. 

I can't believe that they would release a piece of basic garbage as they have with this windows 10 cross over thing. I loved the idea of the chance to have x box players to join our server only to find out...they can't. Since the steam version and the new are not compatible. So unless you want to spend an additional 60 bucks (W10 version) and play a totally generic version of Ark like 2 years ago... have at it. In my case. I will not waste my hard earned money on something that is for the most part pretty worthless. So disappointed.

1 hour ago, JediChris85 said:

I own a physical copy of Ark on my Xbox. How do I download it on Windows 10 Without having to buy the game a 3rd time?

If you have one copy on Xbox, just go to Windows Store logged with the same user account as your Xbox, search the game and it should show "Install" instead of "Buy".

16 hours ago, Juggernaut said:

So does this mean people on Windows 10 PC will be able to use mouse and keyboard vs someone on xbox who is stuck with a controller. Does the person the xbox get aim assist if using a controller to try and match precision of keyboard and mouse? I am not sure if all xbox servers should have this option as a person stuck on a xbox will be at a disadvantage. This doesn't apply to me as I own both, xbox/win 10 pc and I also have a steam copy.

Kind of sad that the Steam people don't get a free copy of the windows 10 option but then again you would be giving them a free xbox version so that is understandable. I am not sure how popular the windows 10 store version will be, I suspect mostly people who have xbox might play it occasionally but people who are dire hard PC will probably stick to steam because of mods/more mature platform over the windows 10 store option. I do like the play anywhere option, it works well for Forza 7 and I look forward to ARK also. 

Players on the Xbox can use Keyboard and Mouse, if they want to.

8 hours ago, DaniCardelli said:

If you have one copy on Xbox, just go to Windows Store logged with the same user account as your Xbox, search the game and it should show "Install" instead of "Buy".

Do I have to have both turned on at the same time or something? The Windows Store still wants to charge me $60.

7 hours ago, JediChris85 said:

Do I have to have both turned on at the same time or something? The Windows Store still wants to charge me $60.

Nope. If you bought it on Xbox using youraccount@ logged in, you just need to log in PC with the same youraccount@

Is your PC logged with the same Microsoft account? I don't know if it's also a requirement but mine is logged with the same Xbox/Microsoft account. 

But I believe the main thing is to have the MS Store logged with the same Xbox/Microsoft account as your Xbox.

Hey guys I could really use some help.

I've set up a dedicated server on my pc and all is working fine, I can connect to my server with my xbox but after hours of playing I logged off only to rejoin later and see I died and nothing(buildings, tames etc.) but my character level saved. I tried the saveworld command after playing for a bit but despite being an admin it wouldn't recognize me as such. 

I've been trying supposed work-arounds but nothing works and so I can't play because nothing saves.

Is this a known issue that's being worked on or is there something I'm missing?

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Kristerfer said:

I have had ark for a lot longer than 6 months now, I have ark on steam, but do I have to purchase ark windows 10 to play with my xbox friend or is there some magical way that I can get windows 10 version for free? I don't want to spend $100 to buy ark and the dlc in windows.  

You will need to buy the Windows 10 version. You can't get Win 10 version for free if you own the Steam version as they are not system developed by the same company, unlike Xbox/Win 10.

On 12/31/2017 at 1:09 PM, Kristerfer said:

I have had ark for a lot longer than 6 months now, I have ark on steam, but do I have to purchase ark windows 10 to play with my xbox friend or is there some magical way that I can get windows 10 version for free? I don't want to spend $100 to buy ark and the dlc in windows.  

Careful.  I had the same response and was met with hostility.   Apparently you have to buy the windows 10 version of the game as its a Microsoft thing not a steam thing.  Luckily I bought 4 copies of this game.  I prefer pc version.  Guess I'll have to buy 2 more when my wife gets a pc.  Jokes on me haha.

On 12/30/2017 at 1:32 PM, CyberAngel67 said:

Yes they can...

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-mouse-and-keyboard-xbox-one

Not to mention there are about 10  3rd Party options out there.

That is not the same - you can't currently play games using keyboard and mouse at present without those 3rd party options, which will be rendered largely pointless when support is official - apart from offering the auto/cheat stuff I guess. You can only use them to perform actions that are supported by the OS - like typing in text entry areas rather than using the controller & on-screen keyboard combo for example. Full support is still just "planned" although it was leaked via the Polish MS website, so it'll be along soon enough.

13 minutes ago, Quetzal said:

That is not the same - you can't currently play games using keyboard and mouse at present without those 3rd party options, which will be rendered largely pointless when support is official - apart from offering the auto/cheat stuff I guess. You can only use them to perform actions that are supported by the OS - like typing in text entry areas rather than using the controller & on-screen keyboard combo for example. Full support is still just "planned" although it was leaked via the Polish MS website, so it'll be along soon enough.

But you can still play with a keyboard and mouse, regardless if you need 3rd party devices at the moment or not.

And from what I have seen they work very well.

1 hour ago, CyberAngel67 said:

But you can still play with a keyboard and mouse, regardless if you need 3rd party devices at the moment or not.

And from what I have seen they work very well.

Get real dude, 99% of the xbox players are not going to have a 3rd party $150 keyboard and mouse converter and you know it. Having crossplay on PC gives PC users a huge advantage in combat vs someone on a controller and that doesn't just include aiming. They can cycle through menus/items/hotkeys/etc. faster. The PC version is a lot easier/advantageous to use than the controller version.  

Maybe the Devs are waiting to MS to release official keyboard and mouse support on xbox before they release all the crossplay to all servers. Basically kiss controllers good bye for anything FPS, basically making the xbox an entry level gaming computer. There won't be much of a difference between console vs pc.

Edited by Juggernaut

On 12/31/2017 at 10:09 AM, Kristerfer said:

You will have to buy Windows 10 version. No crossplay between different platforms yet. Or any plan in doing it, for that matter.

• Facepalm 1

34 minutes ago, Juggernaut said:

Get real dude, 99% of the xbox players are not going to have a 3rd party $150 keyboard and mouse converter and you know it. Having crossplay on PC gives PC users a huge advantage in combat vs someone on a controller and that doesn't just include aiming. They can cycle through menus/items/hotkeys/etc. faster. The PC version is a lot easier/advantageous to use than the controller version.  

Maybe the Devs are waiting to MS to release official keyboard and mouse support on xbox before they release all the crossplay to all servers. Basically kiss controllers good bye for anything FPS, basically making the xbox an entry level gaming computer. There won't be much of a difference between console vs pc.

Still doesn't change the fact that die hard players out there have that option, hell if they can buy  a $150 controller to have that edge, what is an extra $40.

The point, is still the same. No one will no whether another player is or is it not using one on the Xbox.