Dino TLC: Feedback! Suggestions?

Jatheish

Hi ! 

It's awesome that the old dinos get some love like the wolf or the rex ! 

Here are just some things that could help making creatures better:

Some already ingame ability should be given to other creatures:

Climbing, for example, should be add to araneo, mantis and maybe bear (like real one) or sabertooth (many cats like the leopard can climb trees,  why not sabertooth ?) 

The ability to grab creatures should be given to more predators (rex, giga, allo or sarco to take people under water.. ) 

Raptors and maybe sabertooth should be able to stay on the prey they jump on, inflicting damages for a while before falling. 

Sarco and megalodon should be able to jump vertically out of water to catch flyers. 

Titanoboa should be able to trap creatures with an ability similar to plant Species Z trap. 

Lot of creatures should have night/day/sunset/sunrise bonuses like the megalosaurus, making the time of the dau having a bigger influence on the flora. 

I know that sharing ability between many Species could make creatures like the Thylacoleo or the Megalosaurus less "special" but they could get some bonus like Thylacoleo able to make creatures falling when they are climbing or the Megalosaurus having a more powerful night boost than most of the creatures. 

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

titans. make them smaller please. and don't climb over 6 walls high

basically make dinos not balance on anything lesser than half a foundation wide. you can actually make stairs using fence and walls at subsequently increasing height for dinos to climb like a jacob's ladder, only the dino's foot is much larger

large dinos should be able to carry smaller bodies in their mouth.

insects should be attracted to furry dinos (apes, bears, mammals in general, yuta) because...well rotten meat smells great to them :P

mosa song. like whale song but for mosa. in fact, noises for all underwater dinos.

dino day night cycle. pretty sure wolves are nocturnal.

bats should do way less damage to flesh. you can make it do more damage to armor to balance it out

spider should have a turret mode to shoot webs at flyers or something

dilo raptor dolphin bee dragonfly ants horde bonus :D

meat eating dino to prefer eating meat than fish from the trough and vice versa

better landing mechanic for wyverns. the current landing mechanic looks like a kid playing with his toy car rolling it all over the ground before slamming it into the place it should be.

combination key attacks for dinos? like ctrl+RMB for flame wyvern = flamethrower attack. or just let us hold RMB for a longer breathe attack

On 12/19/2017 at 12:08 AM, MOSHfit said:

I honestly think most of the original creatures need to be redone not just visually but their abilities too. Definitely the raptor, Dire/polar bear, baryonyx, spino, trike, pachy, argentavis, megalodon, plesiosaur,anklyo,arneo,Carno, dilo,ichthysaurus,kapro,sarco like I said mostly all the creatures. Picking and choosing would be a mistake imo give all the creatures the attention to detail they deserve. This is my opinion.

This needs to be a topic of it's own. Very good point. All vanilla/original dinos need to have new abilities and looks

First of all I don't think you should shrink the size of the giga like some one previosly said up top. It makes it look more menacing and in some places makes it weaker when chasing smaller prey through the redwoods and other places like which is something I feel like real dinos would have done. I also think the bronto should get a slight rework for its running animation as well as a stomp attack. I think the spino should get a head and texture rework and maybe be able to got on two legs like an iguanodon, and it would be really cool if you could give the sarco a death roll!

First of all I don't think you should shrink the size of the giga like some one previosly said up top. It makes it look more menacing

Not really. There comes a point where a big dino is just a big dino, unless standing next to another dino. The only thing that the upscale did was make other apex predators look pathetic. Just like the original Godzilla looks puny when standing next to current Godzilla, but if they would have made Godzilla 300+ feet tall right from the start it would have had no impact on the wow factor of the original movie.

I have no idea how broken this could be but here it goes.

Diplodocus, despite being "stupid" in the game, should have some way to defend itself. For instance, a tail whip. I am unsure of the accuracy of this statement, but I have been told that a diplodocus's tail could break the sound barrier, or something along the lines.

So here is the idea: give Diplodocus the tail whip that can instakill small and some medium sized creatures, while hurting large creatures severely. To balance, it drains all of its stamina, and it can not be used till it has full stamina again.

That is my idea. May be broken but it's just an idea.

Hopefully some of these could be added to your list;

1: Wyverns need to have their mouths closed they look incredibly derpy and like they have some sort of oxygen intake problem gasping for air, also they REALLY need to have their ai fixed for turret mode, they rarely use their breath attack and kinda fly in place angrily trying to bite at the Target.

2: The Onyc needs it model to be a little bit smaller, maybe about 3/4 the size it is now 

3: The spino needs to be a bit larger and it sail should be a bit differently shaped more like these

4: The giga need a major size reduction, still keep as apex predator if that's where it is wanted but it is way to big compared to Rex, they in real life where similar size and the current ones are a pain to store die to the extreme exaggeration.

5: The Mosasaur need to be slimmer and more predatory looking with more pronounced teeth

images.jpeg

Real_Spinosaurus.jpg

Let beezlebufo turn Chitin into Cementing paste over time. Say every 5 mineuts 2 Chiten will make 1 Cementing paste. This actually makes sense within the game's lore as the Dossier states "It even combines the narcotic chemicals in its mouth with the insects' chitin to create a specialized sticky substance."

Don't know if this counts, but how about a look into the fur of animals on PS4, specifically? I don't know if anyone else on PS4 wants to chime in, but the furrier animals tend to have pelts that look like -- and this is the only thing I can relate it to -- TV static. It's all shimmer-y and weird-looking up close. Sometimes it'll even look like they've got bald spots. 

Also, how about saddle models? Specifically, the Thyla's. Don't know why ya'll felt it was necessary to have us sit on a Hershey Layer Crunch, but I'd think the Thyla would receive a sleeker saddle. Something like the Ravager's? 

Here are a few suggestions for abilities:

Raptor: Alpha bonus(optional pack bonus), has a secondary pounce attack which can latch on to larger creatures OR(you could add one or the other) pins smaller creatures to the ground

Parasaur: A turret mode in which if a enemy player or dino or a wild dino come in a certain radius, the Parasaur will let out a alarm until the threat is either gone or dead

Dimetrodon: Give an increase in hatching speed of all nearby eggs and if it has the correct food in inventory will feed a baby until it is a juvenile

Oviraptor: Collects nearby eggs when on wander( Not fertilized), and optionally could convert eggs into the kibble of that egg(1 egg-1 kibble)

Ankylo: has a 33% chance to break an enemies bones when attacking

Rex: see Ankylo

Spinosaurus: has a bipedal mode when on land, uses claws instead of mouth to attack; bipedal would have better attack range and damage(potential bleed?) while quadrupedal would be faster and use less stamina.

Giga: When enraged, all creatures in a certain radius will have a de-buff to speed and damage(affects allied creatures as well)

That is all I have for now. I hope that some of my ideas were good. Thank you Wildcard for your amazing game!!!:)

I honestly feel like not many changes are needed for the herbivores; it’s mostly the carnivores who are out of balance.  Here are some of my recommended changes:

The “leap-jump” needs to be fixed for dinos like the Megaloceros, Sabertooth, etc.  Also, these dinos are incredibly hard to have following you, because every time there is a downward change in elevation, they go flying off in their direction of movement as if gravity takes 3 or 4 extra seconds to activate.  Gravity needs to be 9m/s/s, not whatever slow setting it is on now.

Bipedal dinosaurs need their centers of gravity fixed.  They look like they are frozen in time while falling forward.  The Carnotaurus is the worst offender, not even being close to standing upright in a balanced fashion.  Like 80% of its body is forward of its center of gravity.  A couple have avoided this problem, but only a few are correct.  These ones need fixed:

Carnotaurus  (worst offender by far)

Dilophosaur

Giganotosaurus

Megalosaurus

Oviraptor

Parasaur

Raptor

Rex

Therizinosaurus

Dilophosaur:  Their poison spit should have 50% more range and travel at least 100% faster than it does.  It’s like a slow, floating water bubble now. They also need a slight movement speed buff. You might not completely forget they exist after your first Raptor tame if these two changes were implemented.

Griffin:  Much-needed recent nerfs aside, they should be able to carry some of the smaller animals. Griffins can’t carry Ovis? Moschops? Dung Beetles? Scorpions? Trilobite?

Parasaurs:  Why do they get so slow after taming? With a slight speed boost, they might remain viable as pack mules for longer than the first 20 minutes of play.

Raptor:  Let’s face it, Raptors are totally useless except as an early-game upgrade from Dilophosaurs and as your first carnivore mount.  They are wildly outclassed by all other carnivores in their size range, and are basically just a poopy Sabertooth.  This can be fixed with a pack bonus, and it should stack up to 5.  Maybe 10% buff to HP and damage per stack.  Players have been asking for this for a very, very long time.

Raptor v. Sabertooth v. Dire Wolf v. Purlovia: These four dinosaurs really should be tuned into their own niche, in my opinion. As it is now, Raptors are pure down-grades from Sabertooths/Dire Wolves, and Dire Wolves pull ahead from Sabertooths pretty dramatically with their pack bonus.  I think Raptors should remain weaker than the other two, but given a pack bonus that will bring them closer in a straight 2v2 or 3v3 comparison. A Dire Wolf should lose to a Sabertooth 1v1 because of the pack bonus it already gets – being stronger to begin with before the pack boost is silly.  Purlovia needs to be a tier above the other three, straight-up, in my opinion.

So in a 1v1, it should be Raptor->Dire Wolf->Sabertooth->Purlovia.

In 2v2 or 3v3, Raptors and Dire Wolves should start to catch up because of pack bonuses.

4v4+, Raptors win except against Dire Wolves, who remain the dominant pack hunter.

Finally, knockback needs to be totally removed or at least reduced by 80%+ for carnivores.  I don't understand Sabertooths doing 10-foot knockbacks.  It just makes zero sense.

I HOPE YOU GUYS READ THIS ALSO IF U JUST GOT BACK FROM UR NEW YEAR BREAK THEN I HOPE IT WAS A GOOD ONE BUT WELCOME BACK LETS GET SOME DINOS LOOKING GOOOOOOOD LOVE YOU DEVS :Jerblove:

So because I rushed and wrote it out on my iPad I would like to re-write and suggest some other animals for remodelling, and not abilities and such.

Ammonite: I just think its little green fart looks pretty bad. Maybe touch up the effect a bit, less pixelated. 

Angler Fish: It looks quite old now. New textures and sharper features, but overall the actual design and ideas behind what it looks like are all good.

Araneo: Complete remodel please :)

Aracheopt-something: Could we get a different animation when you hold it? Looks a bit goofy when you run around with it holding it up in the air like that. I respect for balance it may disable the use of tools and stuff but at least make the character like, hold it on his head or something idk.

Argentavis: Ok this one is really bad. Like imo the worst. I know it was in the first animal batch and was around since day 1, but lets get a full remodel. 

Baryonyx: This one looks fantastic but could you just touch up the run animation? It just looks very... I'm not sure. Slow I guess, like it couldn't sprint or go very fast. 

Brontosaurus: Retexture, I actually think the model is fine. Brontos were always quite simple in the face, so I don't think any designs need to be changed. Would love to see a different run animation too.

Big Turtle: Textures need sharpening.

Dilo: I mean I don't know how you're viewing it, but the Dilo doesn't look as good as many current creatures. I personally think it looks fine, but its textures are much lower than that of say the Allosaurus so if you wanted to update it for polish sake then I would encourage it.

Diplodocus: When it runs, its textures stretch really far on the side of the diplo and it just makes it look awkward, maybe do something about that (not sure what lol) also when it wags its tail from far away, the actual texture itself like fans out and creates like multiple tails. I have no clue how to describe this but basically because the tail is so thin when it moves and wags it leaves like some tails behind at creates kind of a fan at the end of its tail.

Direbear: While the actual like fur and textures and stuff look pretty good the bear itself is shocking in design. It actually looks like a toy you would make at build-a-bear (yes I went there) and I know its a generic card pulled by everyone that it looks like a teddy bear but it really does. 

Direwolf: The updated model looks terribl- just kidding looks great lovin that <3 

Dunkleosteus: The model looks fine but I think the animations were copied over from the megalodon, or at least they are so similar it looks like they are. Please give it some of its own animations and stuff and also make the turning smoother. I feel like this guy was swept under the rug and kind of forgotten, so give him some love!

Giga: Let's see some design flare on this guy! Much like the Rex who now looks amazing, I would love to see the Giga get some kind of upgrade. Also its bite animation looks really... average (no offense I love you) 

Ichthyosaurus: The dolphin looks good, but when it eats the bottom jaw pierces through the top jaw, can we get rid of that? I hate it. It triggers me severely. 

Kairuku: Now I know its a penguin and penguins don't really have bushy noticeable feathers but either could you make them shiny like the Diplocaulus or if not could you make them fluffy and cute? Penguins are one of my favorited animals and I would love to see them get some love. Also just because I love penguins I'm going to talk about abilities here could you possibly make it so that you can make them sit on eggs for some insulation, maybe that of 2-3 air cons? Would love that. 

Liopleurodon: Lots of conflicted feelings about this one, I know. But imo, drop the joke now and lets get some serious killing potential on this beast!

Mammoth: Probably second to the argy for bad models, the Mammoth looks hideous (I'm sorry) and I would love to see it look huge and imposing and awesome with normal tusks and gallop like in does in the movie 10,000 BC (I think it's that movie) that would be so cool. But TLDR remodel plos.

Megaloceros: Better running, maybe just remodel the whole thing. I can't put my finger on it but something about real Elk just make them so majestic compared to this guy. 

Megalodon: New model baby! 

Onyc: New model pls!

Pachy: A little small, a little useless, give this guy a size and stat upgrade, possibly reduce the size of the head and make its arm finger things less derpy. 

Parasaur: Ask Jen, these guys need some more OOMPH. Give them a model overhaul, with bigger size, longer legs, and perhaps make them faster than Iguanodon but ofc they don't have the stamina thing or the fighting capabilities. 

Procoptodon: If this animal doesn't start kicking instead of biting for a main attack I'm going to be sad. 

Quetzal: Lets see its neck stand tall and maybe fix the twisting of its wing around its leg while it's on the ground.

Raptor: They actually look really good. But because it's so iconic some new design features would be awesome like you did with the rex.

Sarco: These things look terrible. Lets see it looking... good... just a model revamp would be nice, I've seen a lot of ability ideas around here which is nice but the model is the worst. IT HAS TEETH ON ITS NOSE MAN. TEEEEEEEETH.

Titanoboa: Remodel

:Jerblove:

some herbivores cant harvest berrys for themselves so they need an attack for that, lymantria should be able to produce silk, breeding for most of the dinos that dont have it yet (wyverns, lymantria, griffons, etc) for the wyverns you should be able to interbreed the species to get different effects in the kids like if you breed a poison and fire wyvern the kids have a chance to either breath poison like it was fire or lob balls of fire at things the kids would only be able to breed with the same typed thou it would get too complicated after the first hybrids, most female dinos that are gestating should produce milk that stops after the estimated time their child would be fully grown you could give this to the kids or drink it yourself, dinos milks could have different effects (im leaving this to other peoples imagination), LET US PUT THE MILK IN FRIDGES, to keep wyvern breeding from being overpowered crank up the time inbetween breeding to a week or two, you should be able to pick up dilos and hyenadons like dodos and dung beetles, i think equuses should be in herds like other horses (i dont know much about horse behavior so this could be wrong for equus) sea creatures should have a oxygen meter for when they are above water so the dont die instantly 

I'd love to see the Spino get an updated look! Right now the scales/textures make the whole thing look too busy, especially in the face. Its difficult to distinguish its eye from the rest of its face!

I'd also love to see an updated model for the Mosa and the Plesio, respectively. They both look a bit outdated.

I know Kapros are relatively new in terms of released dinos, but its missing some of its defining features! Namely two more sets of tusk-like teeth, one upper and one lower. Also its rugose horns behind the eyes/at the back of its skull. Additionally, I feel like its a bit too sleek/smooth as far as its scales go. Even modern-day crocodilians have a lot of texture to their skin! This is the perfect example of a kapro, and let me say I'm not looking for a carbon copy! I know y'all want to take artistic liberties (and you should! your artists do lovely interpretations!)

crocs_01.jpg

A small suggestion for Titanoboa - perhaps give them the ability to curl up when prompted, similar to how the megalosaurus does when it's asleep. They're a bit of a pain to place anywhere in a base at the moment and I think it would be a stellar option to have them coil when at rest!

• Volunteer Moderator
56 minutes ago, CyanicEmber said:

I second everyone who asked for an Araneo update. A model more stylistically in-line with Lysrix would be fantastic. And I wouldn't mind seeing some "fur" either, given that it's so common in real spiders. 

I would like to see the webs be more useful, like laying a trap that can get other animals stuff.  Something that could help with taming.

• Jatheish locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived