Dino TLC: Feedback! Suggestions?

Jatheish

3 minutes ago, ByLordd said:

r u sure bro is this 2x ? 

A3327BB0C471DFBD2855896804A195F00493B7C3

if i am wrong and u right  then must be max 1,5x coz. its sooo big... and ty for reply and ur idea.

Your picture angle is pitched, get off the rex, back up and either use fly command or a tapejara.  Its close to 2x.  I have a screen shot that proves it but ark forums dont support ps4 pics

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

The megalodon seems closest to the great white which irl is an ambush from below type, hence its top speed isnt that impressive and only used for breaching.  Not all sharks are that streamlined, great whites are bulky, if you want a speed shark youd have to go with a tiger or mako shark.  Realism wise, besides the size problem the megalodon is pretty accurate.  As for shark vs ray(Irl mants dont have stingers, arnt hostile) the two have comparable dmg, shark has more hp and weight and it cant suicide itself so easily.

IMO the Meglo should be a tier above the manta.

The manta, icthy and angler should be low tier water tames and then the Meglo, Dunk and Eel should all be comparable. (Eel not in stats but that shock attack being so savage brings it into play). 

Above that tier you have the Basi and Plesi (and should also include liopluradon but WC completely butchered that). 

Then you got squidward and the Mosa, obv. 

Back onto the big shark, I think spawns should be largely replaced with Coel, as someone else has said. The size of the regular ones needs bringing up to the size of the current alphas. Some kind of ability badly needed, like a breach, a frenzy (minor damage multipliers stacking with damage inflicted - up to like 10% more damage or something) and let them smash rafts. 

44 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

The megalodon seems closest to the great white which irl is an ambush from below type, hence its top speed isnt that impressive and only used for breaching.  Not all sharks are that streamlined, great whites are bulky, if you want a speed shark youd have to go with a tiger or mako shark.  Realism wise, besides the size problem the megalodon is pretty accurate.  As for shark vs ray(Irl mants dont have stingers, arnt hostile) the two have comparable dmg, shark has more hp and weight and it cant suicide itself so easily.

Even great whites are pretty streamlined you know, more than the tiger shark in general. Only the pregnant females in excess of 20ft might appear considerably bulky. I am not asking for a speed buff, IMO their speed is the only thing I feel is rightly done despite their bulky looks. If debated in RL terms,  their jaws suggest a broader head than great whites, so why not have that but tone down the midsection width and have a longer narrower tail? Currently in game megalodon looks like a rugby ball which doesn't even justify its current speed.
Also what I forgot to mention in my last comment is the tail animation, I feel its too rigorous for a shark of its size.

19 minutes ago, ByLordd said:

its ok now ?

0A13FC692794EE4AC70444DF32236CA8E9C8B412

Your still pitched dude, a side view is best and the rexes head, the top of it has to be centered.  In your 1st pic if you took the same rex and copied it and put the bottom of the new 1s foot ontop of the old 1s head it would about match the gigas head.  Hip to hip would get the width close, only thing the giga has over 2x is his length, its like 2.5x.  When comparing height you cant have an up or down angle in your view.  Both your pics are angled down

16 minutes ago, Anik8 said:

Even great whites are pretty streamlined you know, more than the tiger shark in general. Only the pregnant females in excess of 20ft might appear considerably bulky. I am not asking for a speed buff, IMO their speed is the only thing I feel is rightly done despite their bulky looks. If debated in RL terms,  their jaws suggest a broader head than great whites, so why not have that but tone down the midsection width and have a longer narrower tail? Currently in game megalodon looks like a rugby ball which doesn't even justify its current speed.
Also what I forgot to mention in my last comment is the tail animation, I feel its too rigorous for a shark of its size.

I agree the megalodon is a bit to bulky and your ideas for appearance sounds good, and it would look more like its dossier

24 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

Your still pitched dude, a side view is best and the rexes head, the top of it has to be centered.  In your 1st pic if you took the same rex and copied it and put the bottom of the new 1s foot ontop of the old 1s head it would about match the gigas head.  Hip to hip would get the width close, only thing the giga has over 2x is his length, its like 2.5x.  When comparing height you cant have an up or down angle in your view.  Both your pics are angled down

ok I gave up. u r right. I do not want to pollute the forum. briefly the giga is so bigger than the Rex for me. srry for messages.

I mean this image.

giga vs trex.png

58 minutes ago, ByLordd said:

ok I gave up. u r right. I do not want to pollute the forum. briefly the giga is so bigger than the Rex for me. srry for messages.

I mean this image.

giga vs trex.png

I get what you're going for. It would be nice if they were more realistic, BUUUUUUUUUUUUT they are supposed to be genetically altered/separately evolved from the real life counterpart, so there are some liberties taken. Plus I think an overlooked fact by pretty much everyone is the size and strength of the giga is most likely a reference to Dino Crisis 2, in which a giga appears that is around twice the size of the rex, and is so much more powerful that it takes it out in just a couple seconds

1 minute ago, SubtendedCrib8 said:

I get what you're going for. It would be nice if they were more realistic, BUUUUUUUUUUUUT they are supposed to be genetically altered/separately evolved from the real life counterpart, so there are some liberties taken. Plus I think an overlooked fact by pretty much everyone is the size and strength of the giga is most likely a reference to Dino Crisis 2, in which a giga appears that is around twice the size of the rex, and is so much more powerful that it takes it out in just a couple seconds

I for one enjoy that theres a super apex, a true king of the map.  Everything being the same or close kinda sucks and is boring.

11 minutes ago, Jordanallen said:

I think u guys should make the water more relevant... give the water dinos more jazz so more people battle with them or make areas to build giant under water bases with ez. That's just my opinion though?

I agree we got these super water tames and nothing to use em on.  The dunkle (60) about matches a rex (62) dmg, the plesio has 75 and the mosa has 100.  Besides a couple underwater caves that you shouldnt bring these monsters into because of jellies we have no use for them.  I suggest a kraken boss fight :)  RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

TLC 3-4 Suggestions (Some from other Survivors)

and I believe You really should do at least 7 Creatures per Final TLCs

These Creatures could be released in Any Order, this is just how I listed them, but they All Definitely NEED a TLC. Even the Small additions could really use their TLC...

TLC 3 Ideas:

Ichthyosaur - Cleaner Model, Retexture and Animations, ability to leap from the water (and not die when beached, let me punch it back in if I have to, or add a flop-back-to-water animation) and an Echo location that tracks Oil Nodes and Silica Pearls.

Plesiosaur - New Model/Animations, Sneaking ability in water, extra prime fish, +speed buff. Makes short appearances at surface to take breaths. Maybe a timed speed buff after it surfaces like the Spino's shore buff?

Megalodon - New Model & Animations (especially swimming) tracking hurt players/creatures like Dire Wolf, "feeding frenzy" buff increasing damage and stamina for 15-20 seconds and vertical-toward-surface-charge ability to leap straight up vertically out of the water like Sharks do in real life, to bite flyers and dismount the rider, and would be a power attack to things submerged near the surface above it. Making it still slow otherwise would be its handicap unless you are directly above the Megalodon's vertical-charge.

Mosasaur - Model Retexture and New Animations, repels underwater predators, makes short appearances at surface to take breaths. No buffs for surfacing for the Mosa would just add a lot of life to the ocean to see the Mosa and the Plesi's surface once in a blue moon then return to the bottom.

Carno - Model Retexture with added Animations, tracking hurt players/creatures like Dire Wolf, roar that scares creatures smaller than a Carno similar to Parasaur, speed buff of some kind, possibly a balanced charge attack.

Bronto - Model Retexture and New Animations, added stomp attack, easier access to running up the neck to the head for better view, sniper, getting over walls for raiding, etc. and weight buff on organic material like wood, thatch and berries.

Turtle - Retexture and New Animations, ability to retract in its shell, buff against jellyfish stings for itself and rider, extra jellyfish toxin, faster swimming speed. Unless there are plans to add an Archolan in the future... Then the Jelly Fish sting buff and extra Jelly Toxin should definitely go to the Sea Turtle...

TLC 4 Ideas:

Kairuku - Just an added ability to hold on and use as propeller while getting tempreture buff.

Deer - New Models and Animations, better distinction between female deer and sheep, antlers are absent on babies and grow with the baby model and less fall damage.

Onyc - New Slightly Larger Model and Animations, maybe Aberrant Specific, can grab player by the shoulders and be used as a Glider Suit that can gain height with slow flaps, Echo Location of threats, and the ability to hang upside down from ceilings and cave stalactites (with no rider). Would be made more difficult to tame.

Spider - New Model and Animations, grapple-hook web-shot ability from backside of spider that you can raise and lower on, ability to climb walls passively on most any surface and the ability to scurry acrossed zip-lines.

Stego - Retexture and New Head Model, weight buff on berries with more berries collected per swipe and small maybe 5-10% "chance" of bleeding damage from tail swipe.

Quetz - Cleaner Model and Retexture, ability to do Short Glides to negate stamina consumption while keeping Speed (All Flyers could really use this), 

Small but Important Additions:

Dilo - Cleaner Model, Retexture and Animations, frill-extended roar command. I know it could be more useful just can't think of anything atm lol

Dimorphodon - Cleaner Model and Retexture. +Pack (Flock) Buff up to +5.

Liopluerodon - Remove magic loot buff and Timer, make it a normal permanent tame with stats that rival a Megalodon with more speed. It should rival the Plesi in speed, and not as Rare but still harder to find.

Finally I would really like you guys to consider looking over all the baby to adult animations... Making horns, tusks and antlers grow with the model and possibly making them look more "baby" like for some creatures that make since for that kind of change such as most mammals and some theropods (big eyes, etc.)

And lastly I would really like you guys to consider going back to the Sarco Death Roll and making it continuous just in water, while also being able to grab and spin creatures as large as its head (Dire Wolves, etc.)

And making the Rex's roar a scare like the mentioned Carno and what the Parasaur has, No where near the extent of the Yuty's by any means, but it would be much more useful in boss fights against minions and would be more epic to see small creatures at least scatter from a Wild Rex's roar. It would also make sense that if the weak Parasaur can scare other creatures that some larger predators could also, and if any would it would be the Rex, the Carno just makes a very useful mid-tier user of this ability which would be really nice to see. Just make them balanced for the stage of game play, Carnos would scare the same things as a Parasaur, Rex would be Parasaurs and smaller, but not Trikes or Stegos. Creatures that size and larger shouldn't be affected that should be kept specifically for the Yuty. Plus the Yuty having the Roar that buffs its Allies puts it in a league all its own.

Thank you for your time and reading all the way through. Really hope the Devs consider these bcuz I have noticed many other Survivors mentioning these exact changes particularly.

Anything with a copied ability from another Creature could really be swapped out for something original and specified to some useful ability that hasn't been exploited yet, I just figured these are quick, easy and useful ways they could be used and I don't know how long things like these really take.

Thanks again.

P.S. More Life in the ocean plz!

No graphics here; its just that I am more inclined to speak about the mechanics of things:

I have noticed that while the Diplodocus, Gallimus, Tapejara, and the Griffin have passenger saddles; that the passenger cannot access the creatures inventory by using the 'F' key on their keyboard. Even if it is a tribe member.

I do not agree with this; I think that since they have a public seating option that they should also have a public inventory option, and that the passengers should be able to access the creatures inventory in order to collaborate with other tribes. Especially the Diplo (for how defenseless as it is). All passengers should be able to use its inventory for ammo and gun storage while they wield shotguns.

Thats All I Can Suggest. To Support Threads I have Read...

• I agree that the quetzal needs help. Especially after TLC 2. It needs a ton-of-that love devs. lol. 
  • The suggestion for the onyc to have an "echo->location" ability is great! I also think it should be able to help with new-caves by giving away the artifact room, loot-crates, and the cave entrance. I have no-idea what it would take for the UI work though. Perhaps it would just add quiet a bit of transparency to the caves walls for x-time?
  • Maybe it would be a good idea for players to remove the buffs that they applied themselves; or... have specific buffs that last x-amount of time; but the player can also remove it somehow if they no longer want to experience that buff. one example of it working well would be echo-location.
  • As the bat should have some sort of sonar ability; I think the basilisks (whales) should have something similar too. Introducing sonar to ark would be amazing.
  • Agreed with the spider suggestions. Not only should it have the ability to either slow or completely stop a foe. It should be able to seal off some pathways to defend itself as well as climb up on cliffs and walls. It should be able to grapple on ledges too. Spiders should be the master of terrain. Their is now way that when raiding swamp cave that all spiders should be on the floor just waiting for me to kill.
  • Monkey's (all-monkeys) with tools would be an awesome addition as well. Just because of their species.
  • If all flyers could glide; that would be great. Maybe not necessarily to gain stamina but at least to reduce stamina consumption to zero. For some, it should actually help them gain stamina.

On 3/31/2018 at 3:06 PM, GhostCreep said:

TLC 3-4 Suggestions (Some from other Survivors)

and I believe You really should do at least 7 Creatures per Final TLCs

These Creatures could be released in Any Order, this is just how I listed them, but they All Definitely NEED a TLC. Even the Small additions could really use their TLC...

TLC 3 Ideas:

Ichthyosaur - Cleaner Model, Retexture and Animations, ability to leap from the water (and not die when beached, let me punch it back in if I have to, or add a flop-back-to-water animation) and an Echo location that tracks Oil Nodes and Silica Pearls.

Plesiosaur - New Model/Animations, Sneaking ability in water, extra prime fish, +speed buff. Makes short appearances at surface to take breaths. Maybe a timed speed buff after it surfaces like the Spino's shore buff?

Megalodon - New Model & Animations (especially swimming) tracking hurt players/creatures like Dire Wolf, "feeding frenzy" buff increasing damage and stamina for 15-20 seconds and vertical-toward-surface-charge ability to leap straight up vertically out of the water like Sharks do in real life, to bite flyers and dismount the rider, and would be a power attack to things submerged near the surface above it. Making it still slow otherwise would be its handicap unless you are directly above the Megalodon's vertical-charge.

Mosasaur - Model Retexture and New Animations, repels underwater predators, makes short appearances at surface to take breaths. No buffs for surfacing for the Mosa would just add a lot of life to the ocean to see the Mosa and the Plesi's surface once in a blue moon then return to the bottom.

Carno - Model Retexture with added Animations, tracking hurt players/creatures like Dire Wolf, roar that scares creatures smaller than a Carno similar to Parasaur, speed buff of some kind, possibly a balanced charge attack.

Bronto - Model Retexture and New Animations, added stomp attack, easier access to running up the neck to the head for better view, sniper, getting over walls for raiding, etc. and weight buff on organic material like wood, thatch and berries.

Turtle - Retexture and New Animations, ability to retract in its shell, buff against jellyfish stings for itself and rider, extra jellyfish toxin, faster swimming speed. Unless there are plans to add an Archolan in the future... Then the Jelly Fish sting buff and extra Jelly Toxin should definitely go to the Sea Turtle...

TLC 4 Ideas:

Kairuku - Just an added ability to hold on and use as propeller while getting tempreture buff.

Deer - New Models and Animations, better distinction between female deer and sheep, antlers are absent on babies and grow with the baby model and less fall damage.

Onyc - New Slightly Larger Model and Animations, maybe Aberrant Specific, can grab player by the shoulders and be used as a Glider Suit that can gain height with slow flaps, Echo Location of threats, and the ability to hang upside down from ceilings and cave stalactites (with no rider). Would be made more difficult to tame.

Spider - New Model and Animations, grapple-hook web-shot ability from backside of spider that you can raise and lower on, ability to climb walls passively on most any surface and the ability to scurry acrossed zip-lines.

Stego - Retexture and New Head Model, weight buff on berries with more berries collected per swipe and small maybe 5-10% "chance" of bleeding damage from tail swipe.

Quetz - Cleaner Model and Retexture, ability to do Short Glides to negate stamina consumption while keeping Speed (All Flyers could really use this), 

Small but Important Additions:

Dilo - Cleaner Model, Retexture and Animations, frill-extended roar command. I know it could be more useful just can't think of anything atm lol

Dimorphodon - Cleaner Model and Retexture. +Pack (Flock) Buff up to +5.

Liopluerodon - Remove magic loot buff and Timer, make it a normal permanent tame with stats that rival a Megalodon with more speed. It should rival the Plesi in speed, and not as Rare but still harder to find.

Finally I would really like you guys to consider looking over all the baby to adult animations... Making horns, tusks and antlers grow with the model and possibly making them look more "baby" like for some creatures that make since for that kind of change such as most mammals and some theropods (big eyes, etc.)

And lastly I would really like you guys to consider going back to the Sarco Death Roll and making it continuous just in water, while also being able to grab and spin creatures as large as its head (Dire Wolves, etc.)

And making the Rex's roar a scare like the mentioned Carno and what the Parasaur has, No where near the extent of the Yuty's by any means, but it would be much more useful in boss fights against minions and would be more epic to see small creatures at least scatter from a Wild Rex's roar. It would also make sense that if the weak Parasaur can scare other creatures that some larger predators could also, and if any would it would be the Rex, the Carno just makes a very useful mid-tier user of this ability which would be really nice to see. Just make them balanced for the stage of game play, Carnos would scare the same things as a Parasaur, Rex would be Parasaurs and smaller, but not Trikes or Stegos. Creatures that size and larger shouldn't be affected that should be kept specifically for the Yuty. Plus the Yuty having the Roar that buffs its Allies puts it in a league all its own.

Thank you for your time and reading all the way through. Really hope the Devs consider these bcuz I have noticed many other Survivors mentioning these exact changes particularly.

Anything with a copied ability from another Creature could really be swapped out for something original and specified to some useful ability that hasn't been exploited yet, I just figured these are quick, easy and useful ways they could be used and I don't know how long things like these really take.

Thanks again.

P.S. More Life in the ocean plz!

And I would like to add to PLEASE make the phoenix be able to land... lol

12 hours ago, GhostCreep said:

And I would like to add to PLEASE make the phoenix be able to land... lol

As much as i would like that(Really i dont see the problem with constant airborne) it would go against the lore of the phoenix myth.  The phoenix is only supposed to touch the earth when it turns to ash(Ambush ability anyone).  The pros of its current state, its ready to go as soon as you mount, when you dismount it doesnt wander a mile before it lands, it regens stamina IN THE AIR!  You do realize that ability would go if it could land.  That ability was added because it couldnt land due to the lore.  That opened up the land button for the dash, so we would loss an attack as well if it was change.  I prefer it the way it is.

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived