Dino TLC: Feedback! Suggestions?

Jatheish

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/29/2018 at 6:31 PM, ChargingParacerParacer said:

I highly doubt they will bother doing any other TLC patches. After Extinction they will probably focus on their next game since profit is far more important than quality.

And then why they decided to do TLC at all ? Bc (if we use your logic) it cannot give any benefits.

At these moment they be busy with Extinction and some time after release. Then - bug fixing, rework some aspects of the game and tlc. Maybe be included expansion with water theme.

Don't get mad at me when you end up wrong about Wildcard and end up with the same opinions most people inevitably do.
Hey people, why not playing to Exctinction once its release and wait to see what would be their next move instead making high expectation ,like we did with Aberration, and blaming before something unexpected happen? When aberration came out, i did enjoy certain aspect of it, but i realize that was not enough content for the price they asked and for what they have mention at TwitchCon 2017 about it. So I presume that it would be necessary the fix and making the game difficult to hack for the next move.If they don't care about their game, well, players might decrease and go playing battleroyale instead( even if pubg is clunky and CoD is still getting old badly). I want the game to succeed, but too community membres from the left to right are asking so many stuff and they don't agree each other and its normal, but blamming each other or not, WC do whatever they can/want anyway. So don't expect much from them anymore.

14 hours ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

Don't get mad at me when you end up wrong about Wildcard and end up with the same opinions most people inevitably do.

Should I*m ? I didnt expect much from these game or future expansion, but if they really want to made these game a trully brilliant in Survival genre they should made a significant job.

A lot of creatures being ..... useless completely. They suck in early game,  they suck in late game. Almost all of them request rebalance.

While some of them serving their purpose well (like dodos - you didnt expect much from them, but they can produce eggs, be storages, became a bioweapon, alarm system and etc), others walking in shadown of superiour creatures. How often do you see a Carno ? Terror bird ? What can you tell me about archeo- these little bird could be a usefull shoulder pet, but for some reason we got what we got. Dino needs a lot of balancing and new features, like what they did to the Parasaurus or gigantopitecus. 

Maybe they still not usefull, but they become something more then just a storage of meat.

Issues with balancing, Mega***** dominations, dino cap and kibble system and a lot a lot more of it.  So i really do not think they would be abbadon these game after new expansion - its the point in these types of games - they can live for years, if not decades.

22 minutes ago, HellBoyRok95 said:

hey! What about a tameable Reaper Queen???

I never liked the Nameless or the reapers that much. (Well the reapers were actually cool.)

I've thought that if I knew how to make Mods on ARK, I would make a mod for abberation that would add some creatures, a biome, and would make the nameless juvenile reapers, and change the reapers into reptiles or insects. Preferably a dinosaur-like digging wasp.

• 6 months later...

Please make:

Pteranodon females have got smaller crests than malesPteranodon+morphs+low+res+Witton+2013.jp

Parasaur females have got smaller horns than males

Add feathered rex skinRjpalmer_tyrannosaurusrex_white_backgrou

Make therizino neck little thinner

Make giganoto at least 25% smaller and make it roar longer. Decrease its health but increase stamina or speed

Make spino look like real spino PLEASE ------>https://www.scified.com/topic/38459

Make carno look more like in Jurassic Park because ark carno is UGLYhqdefault.jpg

2 hours ago, Shymon said:

Pteranodon females have got smaller crests than males

Add feathered rex skin

Make therizino neck little thinner

Make giganoto at least 25% smaller and make it roar longer. Decrease its health but increase stamina or speed

Make spino look like real spino PLEASE ------>https://www.scified.com/topic/38459

Make carno look more like in Jurassic Park because ark carno is UGLY

I don't think that they will do another TLC reskin of their dinos (Rex & Spino) as they were already TLC-ed.

But I do agree on the other aspects. I cannot for the life of me sleep well at night knowing that the pteranodon in ARK looks like this pteratame7.jpg?fit=720,340&ssl=1

The therizinosaurs needs a longer and thinner neck along with a smaller and thinner head. But its alright.

Giga REEEEALLY urgently needs a reskin, its f***ing disgusting at this point.

For the Carno I agree it does need a touch up on its model, but I want them to keep it overall the same. I will be so pissed if the Carno gets massive arms that don't do anything. I like the tiny useless stubs! Also make it suUUUUUuuper fast, like a cheetah. But with bull horns.

here a few ideas

spider: give it a grapple hook ability, a zipline ability and allow it to climb up walls.

bat: allow it to cling to walls like tapjar, give it a radar like to parasaur, give it like a blood sucking mechanic, were it clings onto dinos and sucks their blood healing it

galli: give it a heard mechanic, were they move as a heard, 

stego: allow it to have an ability to inflict a bleed attack onto you like with kentro, in real life a stego was not to be screwed with, also give it a rivalry buff against allos, allos and stegos were like the trike and rex, mortal enemies.

pteranodon: these guys r way underated, make them bigger, give them a cool head crest, make them attack in swarms if there is enough of them

dilo: this guy is crap, i literaly never tame them unless i make the dilo avengers, make these guys bigger and ridable

bronto: i love this guy but he needs to change, stop them from spazing when ever standing on a rock or a tree, seriously that freaks me out, give these guys like a buff agianst large carnivores

carno: this guy looks like an autistic  mini rex who shoved his arms in a blender and had plastic surgery that went wrong, these guys were beasts in real life, give them a charge attack that has a chance to stun things.

i got a lot more TLC idea, ark needs a TLC itself

• 1 month later...

I've been having a blast with all the work youve been doing recently. I really only have one thing that i feel needs to be done, the Megalodon. This animal desperately needs some tlc, if nothing else, a rework of the model. This thing is supposed to be the terror of ththe depths, boasting the strongest bite force ever, an apex predator, and its just so derpy. Here are my suggestions,

1. The model: If nothing else changes, atleast change the model, make it look more shark-like, with a longer, more powerful looking body, like a tankier great white, and clean up the swiming animation, ill tag some examples

2. New moves: This isnt as big a deal as the model, but here are some options, add a dash attack that speeds up the shark greatly to deal more damage upon impact, also, it would be cool if you do the dash attack upwards at an animal and jump out of the water like a great white (just a suggestion), you could also add a c move, or passive, that will smell blood in the water and hunt down injured prey, or give an attack buff for for eating a corpse, or you could reduce its turn radius, or give it the ability the turn quicly like the sarco when attacking, these are just ideas

3. Very very very low on the list, or even feel free to ignore this one, but its always kind of bothered me that the mosa was so much bigger and stronger than the megalodon, so i think you could make the meg slightly stronger and lower the spawn rates possibly

Well, these were my suggestions for the Megalodon, hope it wasn't annoying 

Megalodon20Extinct20Mega20Shark.jpg

UZKMTNABQI7ARJUGWZ6GURZBFE.jpg

megalodon-supernova-extinction-1.jpg?aut

Quetzal definitely needs TLC because Argentavis stole its thunder. I'd suggest making Quetzal :

- Able to move unconscious dino to its platform saddle and drop unconscious dino on the ground (dropping the dino is like placing a structure with transparrent image first).

- A super cargo dino with 1/4 weight for EVERYTHING. Would be useful for moving base to new location and carry lots of stuffs. because it is slower than argentavis, I prefer using several argentavises than a Quetzal. 

- its wings left and right has dino slot for small/tiny dino such as ovis and dodo. Dinoes put there are totally safe and cannot be attacked/has no collision.  

TLC for Leedsichtys.

- Make it tameable but limited to one per tribe, it has fixed level or no level at all, so all tamed leeds have the same stats, and we can enter its stomach, so the saddle isn't a platform saddle but "stomach saddle" or no saddle is ok too, we can build inside its stomach and there is no water inside the fish. Like the whale in Pinocchio

disneys-my-son-pinocchio-geppettos-music

- nothing attacks a tamed Leedsichtys just like Rex on land.

- when tamed it produces raw prime fish meat.

- How to tame : knock it out, but after knocked out it will only be unconscious for one minute (show timer), only when KO'ed we can enter wild leeds' stomach, after one minute has passed it will regain consciousness and wander around, so the character is inside a wild leeds' stomach and to tame it, passive feed it while inside its stomach, can use vegetable cake or something harder like giga's heart but one only.

- Cannot attack wild dinoes, but can swallow small to medium underwater dinoes, so it works like an undewater mobile trap.

Pteranodon TLC :

- Can ride Pteranodon as a carried person. When being carried by Ptera the character can use weapon. Will be very useful for taming and chasing wild dinoes without trap anywhere.

• 8 months later...

Archived