Dino TLC: Feedback! Suggestions?

Jatheish

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

As much as i would like that(Really i dont see the problem with constant airborne) it would go against the lore of the phoenix myth.  The phoenix is only supposed to touch the earth when it turns to ash(Ambush ability anyone).  The pros of its current state, its ready to go as soon as you mount, when you dismount it doesnt wander a mile before it lands, it regens stamina IN THE AIR!  You do realize that ability would go if it could land.  That ability was added because it couldnt land due to the lore.  That opened up the land button for the dash, so we would loss an attack as well if it was change.  I prefer it the way it is.

Never thought about all of that honestly... You changed my mind lol

On 4/2/2018 at 10:13 AM, sreta012 said:

Would be glad if i could see remodeled sabertooth :)

That has already been done. I believe it was the first Dino to get a remodel. :)

The sea definitely needs some serious TLC. Someone said something about decent flat areas to build bases and I totally agree with that. The sea is such a large area of the maps (especially The Centre) and it needs a lot more porpoise ( :P). 

Not really TLC related but it’s to do with Dino appearance; I think we should have the option to ‘quick paint’ dinos by their colour zones. I love the idea of painting but it’s not an easy tool to use, especially on console, and I would be SO MUCH HAPPIER just being able to select Colour Zones and apply paint to them, the same way as you colour weapons and armour. Please make this happen. Please. 

After 2 TLCs coming out and seeing better ideas for animals, I'd like to revise my earlier ideas

- Terror Bird, I still hold to my remodel Texture ideas, bigger and more terrifying, I have realized that there are subspecies of the Terror Bird and the Current model is taken from one of the smaller terror bird subspecies, I believe that it should be modeled after the Titanis or Kelenken Subspecies, as for Abilities aside from it's ability to act as a ridable parachute, I think it should get a pack buff that increases attack damage and speed for a short time and a call that inspires fear into certain creatures nearby, and an ability to pickup small animals and players in its beak

- Spider, this particular creature can become more useful, especially on Aberration, a Remodel and slight size increase, the ability to climb any surface with ease with increased speed, along with abilities to form ziplines and grabble around could make for a useful tame, the Aberration map could use a creature like this as it would be a somewhat early version of the rock drake's mobility

- Megalodon, a Charge attack that can do some crippling damage and launch itself out of the water, size increase and remodel

- onyc, right now this creature is just annoying to cave explorers, this creature with the ability to echo locate, could make this creature a more effective guard dog for bases in PVP, a Remodel couldn't hurt either

- plesiosaur, allow this creature to move freely from bottom of the Ocean to the surface, also add the ability to go on to the beach, a Remodel would be nice, and and when traveling in groups of 2 or more give a pack buff that gives it increase health and melee, maybe even a bleed damage that last for a short period of time like the Allo's bleed damage

Theses ideas could give new life to theses creatures, I'm especially pushing for the ideas on the Terror Bird and the Spider, both can really use the TLC

I don't know if this has been brought up, but something I'd like to see added to the oviraptor:

Right now oviraptors are indispensable for any serious tamers/breeders. One slight tweak that would really boost their utility and add a much needed function: make them alert you when there's an egg on the ground in their boosting vicinity. It can be a real pain checking animals constantly, especially the small ones or having to duck under annoying raptor tails to check. It doesn't have to be fancy, maybe a special sound it makes when you're near it, or an aura of some sort. Since they can't pick up tamed eggs, this is the next best thing. Also maybe let wild ones have the same ability if there are wild eggs nearby; I'd actually love to see them out there stealing eggs in the wild. Maybe if you see one steal an egg you can chase it and KO or kill it to get the egg it was holding! Like pegos, only actually useful.

I'd like to see the Pelagornis get some attention.   I never see people flying them, like ever.  Yeah they do have unique abilities with being able to land on water and are great at collecting organic poly, but that doesn't seem to be enough to get people to ride them.   I'd suggest giving them some tweaks that are inline with the "ocean/shoreline predator" theme.

1)  Give it a Dive ability, whether it is swimming on the surface or flying above water, give it an ability to dive into the water like modern day birds.  When it dives, any wild or enemy creatures/players it hits takes a lot of damage.  The higher up in the air it is, the deeper it goes and the more damage it does.  This could make it a viable option for taking on enemy tribes water tames or alpha megalodons.  Have it loose oxygen at a somewhat rapid pace, the idea is to dive down, get the fish, and right back up, not spend time swimming about.  Also, if the player dismounts it will automatically surface.

2) Give it the ability to collect prime fish meat.  

3)  One of the biggest problems with the Pelagonis (IMO) is that it is slow.  It could be given a "soar" ability, the idea is that it will glide upon the air currents similar to todays larger, ocean fairing birds like the albatross.   When soaring, it gets a pretty significant speed boost, maybe not as fast as a sprinting Pteranodon, but close, however, its loses most of its control.  You more or less need to go in a straight line.  While soaring, stamina lose drops to almost nothing, maybe even allow it to slowly regain stamina, however, if soar is canceled prematurely it will lose all the stamina it would have lost otherwise during that time plus some extra.  The idea is to give it an ability to cross large distances more quickly, not give it sprint like the Pteranodon.  Probably should be a toggle ability, and also might want to put some cap on how much stamina can be lost so that it doesn't just drop from the sky like a rock if it would have used all the stamina.  Give the player enough to land at least.

On top of that a visual update and I think we might see more people flying them.

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

I've always liked the Megalodon design wise, but it's utility kind of sucks.

In the Dossier (I know, they aren't 1-1 representations of in-game animals) they're compared to the T-Rex, specifically being it's equal in the water.
This is fluff at best. Sure, it has a weak chance at gathering Black Pearls, but if you're at the stage that you need those, you likely have access to
better mounts. They don't even gather meat that well. How can we improve Meg though? Good question.

Sharks are some of the most cunning hunters in the animal kingdom, and there's no reason our Megalodon can't be the same. An updated model
would be nice. Though, I can't say for sure how, as it's pretty commonly accepted that Megalodon was just an overgrown Great White. Other kinds
of shark could be used for inspiration though, right? Rather than sticking with only stripes, why not give it different types of markings? Spots or
Rosettes, maybe. Tipped fins, Horizontal stripes, even. 

Looks aside, what really counts is utility. You forced the flier nerf on us because you wanted us to use different animals and explore different areas
of the map in different ways, but you never really gave us much of a reason or desire to do so. We need a reason to use the Megalodon. We need
a reason to choose it over say the Mosasaur. How? tweaking stats is one thing, but I'd rather see better abilities.

Tracking & Analyzing: Sharks are some of the most amazing and successful hunters we have in the natural world, and the megs would have been no difference. Sharks can track prey for miles in turbulent oceans based off a single drop of blood, and can even locate prey by the electrical fields their bodies produce. Why shouldn't Megalodon do the same?

You could give it the Scouting ability of the Troodon, which would allow it to search the ocean depths for different quarry, players, tamed animals
and wild animals, all represented by an Icon depicting what they are. This would be very helpful in the deeper parts of the ocean where its all but
impossible to see. It would also make looking for that specific tame a lot easier, and since the Megalodon is noted in the dossier for ignoring
smaller prey, that would mean not having to code icons for stuff like Coelocanth, salmon, trilos, etc. 

Furthermore, give Megalodon the ability to gauge an animals condition, the way Direwolves do, as sharks can tell the difference between a fish
that is injured and one that isn't simply by the way it moves. It's hard to see in the deeper depths of the game, and the deep oceans are not the
place where you want to go in blind. 

Improve Mobility: Give it more flexibility in its mobility. The thing swims as stiff as a submarine. This makes sense when concerning the Basilo,
because it evolved to swim with up and down movements, sharks swim utilizing side to side movement, allowing them better turning abilities.

Immunity to Cnidaria: Certain sharks are immune to the poisons of Jellyfish, and the Cnidaria is certainly one of the sneakier pests in Ark's oceans.
Sure, you can kill them easily enough with a decent Crossbow or a Harpoon or two, but it means having to dismount from your water mount, putting
yourself in unnecessary risk. So, unless you're riding a Basilo, your best option is to flee or risk open water to combat them. Unless we make Megs
here immune to Jellyfish sting. This would be a good way to introduce growing tribes to Biotoxin earlier in the game, where it's most useful, but to
balance it out, you could make the Megaldon be pretty poor at collecting the toxin, giving only small batches of the poison since there would be
"little left" once the megaldon was done eating.

Feeding Frenzy: Certain sharks are notorious for going into a frenzied state when feeding. Perhaps Megalodon would get some sort of buff to it's
combat abilities after having fed off a corpse, similar to the Argents healing ability when eating a corpse. Maybe give a slight boost to attack and
speed stats. effectively making the megaldon a berserker, jumping from kill to kill to kill in a rampage.

Bleeding Attack: While a lot of people are more apt to go for the impressive breach attack, I personally think the bleeding effect is more apt for the
megalodon. Have their bites cause a bleeding effect similar to the Giga or the Allosaurus, causing the animal to gradually lose health and reduce their
ability to run away for a set amount of time. 

Bull Rush/Stun: A lot of people are requesting this too, the Rush/Ram/Charge attack. Was made popular by Jaws and in part Moby sausage. It would prob be similar to the the Triceratops ability, a small charge build up before rushing forward at a quick speed, and upon hitting the target, it causes them to be stunned for a period of time, possibly throwing off the mount's player too. On the one hand, I could see this being very helpful in taming some of the larger/harder underwater creatures, such as the Plesi or the Mosa, stunlocking them in spot to get in a few extra tranq arrows before having to stun it again. It would remove the necessity for luring them up from the lower depths, or having elaborate underwater traps, and would make them invaluable for moving to that next stage.

Alternatively, you could have the rush attack also do more damage to underwater structures. Most ocean raids are surface level affairs. But, that leaves
a lot to be desired. You want to see Megalodons be used in PVP? Make them viable for underwater raids. Allow them to be underwater siege engines:
crash the behemoth gates, rush in through the breach, start ripping apart unsuspecting water tames before the enemy knows what's going on.

Whats that? Your opponents live in a sophisticated underwater bubble palace? Crash into their living room, poop on their kitchen table, then go destroy
their water pumps to flood the place! Let them drown then go in with your scuba gear and reap the rewards, etc, etc.

Ideally, I would love to see all of these suggestions utilized on the Megalodon in some capacity or another. Realistically, though. I know this would make it overpowered game wise. If I could only pick three, It would be Feeding Frenzy, Bull Rush/Stun: Specifically the PVP aspect, and the immunity to Cnidaria.

Alternatively, perhaps we can choose what we level up, similar to Maschops or Theriz's ability to spec into a specific form of harvesting. One radial option would be for hunting and gathering, the other would spec into its fighting abilities.

I suggest that the compies have a latch-on ability like in Jurassic Park.

plesi could have a new swimming animation where it swims with the front 2 flippers, then it has a right-click botton that allows for swimming with all 4 flippers at 50% more speed. Also make them of different sizes so that smaller ones attack fish at the surface, and the larger ones whatever at the deeper ends.

Plz remodel & resize the megalodon, its so old and derpy and it doesn't even look like the dossier creature.

Remodel the turttle and...TUCK IN SHELL!

Remodel the anky and doedic and increase their sizes by 40%. 50% on the anky and make it wider and flater plz.

Thats all for now.

On Wednesday, April 04, 2018 at 7:48 PM, Volarus said:

I'd like to see the Pelagornis get some attention.   I never see people flying them, like ever.  Yeah they do have unique abilities with being able to land on water and are great at collecting organic poly, but that doesn't seem to be enough to get people to ride them.   I'd suggest giving them some tweaks that are inline with the "ocean/shoreline predator" theme.

1)  Give it a Dive ability, whether it is swimming on the surface or flying above water, give it an ability to dive into the water like modern day birds.  When it dives, any wild or enemy creatures/players it hits takes a lot of damage.  The higher up in the air it is, the deeper it goes and the more damage it does.  This could make it a viable option for taking on enemy tribes water tames or alpha megalodons.  Have it loose oxygen at a somewhat rapid pace, the idea is to dive down, get the fish, and right back up, not spend time swimming about.  Also, if the player dismounts it will automatically surface.

2) Give it the ability to collect prime fish meat.  

3)  One of the biggest problems with the Pelagonis (IMO) is that it is slow.  It could be given a "soar" ability, the idea is that it will glide upon the air currents similar to todays larger, ocean fairing birds like the albatross.   When soaring, it gets a pretty significant speed boost, maybe not as fast as a sprinting Pteranodon, but close, however, its loses most of its control.  You more or less need to go in a straight line.  While soaring, stamina lose drops to almost nothing, maybe even allow it to slowly regain stamina, however, if soar is canceled prematurely it will lose all the stamina it would have lost otherwise during that time plus some extra.  The idea is to give it an ability to cross large distances more quickly, not give it sprint like the Pteranodon.  Probably should be a toggle ability, and also might want to put some cap on how much stamina can be lost so that it doesn't just drop from the sky like a rock if it would have used all the stamina.  Give the player enough to land at least.

On top of that a visual update and I think we might see more people flying them.

To add to this: 

I cant remember if Pelagornis can grab or not.. but we could simple implement the doedi roll mechanic of.sorts for this "glide", press left trigger (xbox) secondary button for the rest, it will soar in a straight line untill you toggle off, runs out of stam or hits something. That dive.. i would love it for water. Maybe make it take damage if it hits the ground while its diving.

I absolutely love TLC 2, excellent work guys! My only critique so far, and I do so with respect, is that the sarcosuchus' non-sprinting swimming speed is still very loud and fast, still a little hard to control and aim at times, it'd be nice to have a slower, quiet cruise through the water like you can on a kapro when you aren't sprint swimming, and it'd be easier to hit your target. It'd also be nice to be able to do the lunge attack from the water. Just being picky because I love the Sarco. Keep up the awesome work! 

Top 10 dinos for TLC 3

Pterradon: redesign of the wings. Melee damage increase. More aerial maneuvers.

Carno: a simple texture upgrade. Roar. 

Megalodon: overall stat boost. Water leap. Power attack. Tail swipe.

Compy: texture upgrade. Toss attack (throw at a enemy. Cling to the target. Deal constant damage)

Monkey: texture upgrade. Shoulder turret (deals ranged damage when held by a player)

Dimorphadon: texture upgrade. Wing redesign. Improve how they attack (no circles).

Dunk: major speed and stamina stat boost. Immune to jellyfish 

Bronto: head height increase. Running animation.

Wyvern: shorter neck. Better heads. Make the neck a 'S' shape and improve the idle poster to stand taller. Wing to ground/water effects. REDUCE THE WING FLAP FREQUENCY. 

Mammoth: running animation. War saddle. (Super small platform saddle). Trunk grab.

And always, please reduce how often flyers flap their wings

• 1 month later...

Please, please, PLEASE give the Liopleurodon some TLC. It was my favorite animal as a kid (well it technically still is cos I'm twelve) but it's super lame right now! The loot boosting buff is kinda useless because it can take up to 30 minutes to find a deep sea loot crate.

Give it an ability to maybe camouflage in the reefs like a Rock Drake (because it is supposed to be magical) and then lunge out and knock you off your mount like a Kapro, still holding you in their mouth and shaking your camera around (the more annoying the better).

Another feature to make them more interesting would be to make the Liopleurodon like Equus, where one in a hundred Lios are Magical, and have the present abilities but are passive (I'm not sure if Lios are passive right now now but I just want to make that clear) and don't have a limited lifetime.

Hope this is added! :Jerbhi:

3 hours ago, SeaRex said:

Another feature to make them more interesting would be to make the Liopleurodon like Equus, where one in a hundred Lios are Magical, and have the present abilities but are passive (I'm not sure if Lios are passive right now now but I just want to make that clear) and don't have a limited lifetime.

I agree with this much. It would be nice to have a rare variant that's magical and is basically how it is now, and a more common variant that is permanent and serves as a mid-game water mount

I've commented here before, and I honestly don't expect a 3rd TLC anytime soon, atleast not until after The Extinction DLC, so I'm just going to list all the Dinos I feel could use a TLC, I'm not going to say what you should do with them Ability wise but they all could use a serious Remodel

- Araneo

- Carnotaurus

- Quetzalcoaltus

- Megalodon

- Liopleurodon

- Terror Bird

- Dilophosaurus

- Stegosaurus

- Plesiosaurus 

- Brontosaurus

Archived