Dino TLC: Feedback! Suggestions?

Jatheish

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok whos down for more breedability?  Why cant we breed our insects?  Its not like a mutated spider would be OP compared to a bred rex.  I think everything we tame should be breedable.  I really wanted to breed fire wyverns.  I wanted an actual black dragon with red wings.  Sadly only dragons with color mutations are holiday events which i cant participate in.  Some of these creatures already lay eggs.  We cant say its because they are invertebrates because invertebrates have to breed in real life and squids dont really have a spine.  I dissected 1 in school so its more like a quill then bone.  Also helen even writes about a megalodon giving birth in her notes but AFAIK theres no shark breeding.

10 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

Not looking forward to the parasaur though.  It looks like a horror movie monster lol

Lol xD I have to take another look at it, and I do love that it acts like a living tripwire now. Can't wait to see the overlay for it's eco location as troodons are a pain to tame in the first place.

The raptor will be awesome, and a pain now as it can clever girl you now just like in Jurassic Park.

The Sarco is going to go all temple of doom on you while traversing any waterways.

While I haven't seen much on the spino and argent aside from reskins and the spino being able to run bipedal.

Would be cool to see the argent get a dive ability like the griffon minus the ground pound, and saw that the spino gets the ability to run in bipedal form

Just now, SpecTimsauru5 said:

well the TLC 2 will come and then they are gonna work on the bugs and stuff after.

I sure hope your right.  Id like to see them fix the BIG bugs, then a few semi big 1s, TLC most of the dinos, then work on extinction(In that order).  Im not holding my breath that they wont fly to extinction after the tlc but if they do go fix overhaul then id b the 1st to applaud them.

On 12/19/2017 at 4:24 AM, Jatheish said:

You've seen some of their work in our more recent creatures and expansion packs, and now they'll be taking their abilities and showing some love to some of the original creatures we launched with. We're excited to see where these creatures go with the new advanced techniques and can't wait to show you how they turn out!

So if you guys have any suggestions or creatures you think we should definitely take a look at, let us know here.

Fix the following creatures in order of importance;

1. Pteranodon

2. Mammoth

3. Pachycephalosaurus, Megalodon, Onyc

4. Turtle, Megalodon, Pulmonoscorpion

5. Gallimimus, Compsognathus, Stegosaurus, penguin

6. Dimetrodon, Archeopteryx, Angler-fish, Oviraptor

Slightly less but still needed

7. Diplodocus

8.Ceolacanth

9. Death-worm

Boss & mini-boss creatures are a must!

10. DodoRex, Giganotosaurus

11. Dragon, Manticore, Broodmother, Megapithicus

On 12/19/2017 at 4:24 AM, Jatheish said:

So if you guys have any suggestions or creatures you think we should definitely take a look at, let us know here!

note: originally posted at this github gist by @Sparke2

Carno and Wyvern charge implementation proposal.

mplement a charge mechanic for mid-size theropod predators such are Carnotaurus, Allosaurus, Megalosaurus. The predator accelerates and makes a jump or special attack in the last few meters from the target. This allows it to quickly shorten the distance and catch the target alongside with dealing a huge amount of damage and push/knock/stunning effect. The charge & headbutt attack is really good for Carno since it has horns.

Such an attack, on the other hand, should consume a large amount of stamina and make the predator difficult to control (significantly reduce turning speed/aiming) during acceleration and jump/headbutt. Charge is effective agains large/slow targets. Small foes could dodge charge attacks if not ambushed.

Charge mechanic specifics:

• deals huge damage
  • hard to aim
  • good for chasing since it allows to shorten the distance right before the attack if the target is not far away
  • it will look awesome!
  • more tactic variety for land-combat
  • carge attack should make predator unable to sprint (shift + run) for a couple of seconds after completion which makes it vulnerable if charge misses
  • megalosaurus could also grab the target with a successful charge attack

NOTE: it would be nice if a charge attack could knock down small animals (smaller than Stego) on hit. The animations of falling and getting up are already implemented and used when the animal falls under the torpor for taming. Falling and instantly waking up will immobilize the victim of a charge attack thus giving predator enough time to recover from negative effects.

Yutyrannus, Rex or Gigas are too heavy for charges. The described mechanic is only suitable for mid-sized creatures that are heavy enough to knock the target from feet but also mobile enough to accelerate and final jump.

Wyvern charges!

Wyvern could also implement a charge mechanic which allows it to dive from the sky and deal melee damage if necessary. The wyvern charge mechanic is similar to rock drake acceleration. This will make wyverns look even more immersive and add a bit more tactic variance into Ark combat aspect.

This is how "charge" looks (I'm really sorry for bad quality but it represents enough to understand what we are talking about): 

Also, the idea of Stegosaurus TLC.

The advantage of stego is that it protects a rider with spinal plates. Stego could also protect a rider from any dismount effects including Purlovia/ Thylacoleo stunning, Pteranodon/ Argentavis rider grab and any other effects that cause player to dismount.

Being a mid-sized combat animal, stego could have a charge implementation as well. It could sprint with a slightly increased movement speed then perform a mighty tail lash that will cause it to turn at 180 degrees (stego will be directed towards the place where it started to charge). The similar is how the ankylo turns before tail attack. Stego could gallop during the charge similar to Kentrosaurus movement animation.

*shows up late with Starbucks*

Sooooo, I have A LOT of ideas and opinions regarding the dino TLC, but not a lot of room to post them all in, so here’s how I’m going to make this work – I’m going to make one post per 5 creatures (roughly depending on content size), so hopefully no one is intimidated by an endless wall of text. ^_^

This is going to be a monster effort, so fair warning, there is a big spillage of ideas blocking the road ahead. I admit I haven’t even tried to keep it trimmed down or contained, and my only excuse is that I’ve been playing ARK with my friends since early access and really, truly love the experience. The TLC is a conversation that I am desperate to be a part of (and hope I’m not too late for!), so I have spent the majority of the past week working on these posts so that my ideas and notes are presented and communicated in the most optimally organised manor that I can achieve.

I love this game, I love my dinos, and I want to see ARK grow and be refined into the best game it can possibly be - which is why I am here. ARK Devs, please take the time to read what I have to say. I’ve gone to some trouble to get this account working, and I’m so nervous and excited at the idea that you might take some of my suggestions on board!

:Jerblove:

And so, let us begin...

Araneo:

1) Should be able to use web silk as an organic grapple hook option; shooting a visible string of silk to grapple hook onto grapple-hook-able surfaces and pull itself backwards (with player riding) towards the grapple hook point. It can dangle from this string of silk if necessary, and raise or lower itself along the line, just as players can do now with a grapple hook. This would allow it to better traverse the terrain and lower itself menacingly from ceilings. Ya know, like modern spiders. 

2) Possibility for an organic buildable zip line option is here too; using web silk in a similar way to what is said above. It should also be able to walk along zip lines! Spiders are versatile! ;)

3) A third improvement is to have the spider be able to launch a patch of sticky webbing onto the ground as an organic bear trap option, slowing or completely immobilising non-allied dinos of small to medium size, and any players that step on it. This may be overlapping with Purlovia utility, however.

4) Complete update to model, textures, animations and a sound-pass would also be appreciated. The poor spiders don’t even have a swimming animation!

5) The dossier still says that they are unrideable, which as of Patch 221.0, is incorrect, so the dossier needs fixing. (As a side note, the dossier also states that they are “poisonous”, which is incorrect, as it should be “venomous”. )

6) I feel like the vanilla “bola web” ability is too slow and difficult to aim, and it looks terrible both in flight and attached to creatures and players. I would recommend it be scrapped in favour of the abilities suggested above, rather than trying to improve it.

7) Perhaps all its web-silk-based abilities do not cost stamina, but relate to a meter that indicates how much silk the spider currently has available to use. It passively regens silk slowly over time, at the cost of food, similar to the Hellpig’s healing ability.

8) Also, why does the spider not give silk when killed and harvested, or passively produce silk over time like the Achatina does cementing paste? I understand that silk is not needed on every map, much like the zip line for that matter, but it could be an improvement?

9) Why does the big scary cave spider only spawn rarely on Aberration, the big scary cave map? I feel like it should be a more frequent adversary across all three zones; green, blue and red.

Megalodon:

1) Pretty weak, and not very appealing to tame, even as an early-game water mount. I’m not sure how its stats balance out overall, but I feel it could use a buff somewhere. Its dossier states that it is “as powerful and dangerous as the Tyrannosaurus is on land”, and that just isn’t true.

2) Its animations look ridiculous (I’m mainly thinking of its attack here; it should pull its lips back, baring its teeth, its eyes roll over white, and ‘throw’ its jaw forwards into the bite, as modern sharks do) and its model and textures look like a pre-school papier-mache project. I did recently tame a Basilosaurus for the first time, and noticed that its feeding animations have a lovely blood-and-meat-chunks effect that I think would really benefit the Megalodon!

3) I’ve read numerous complaints regarding the creature’s size, considering the recorded/estimated sizes of real world Megalodon and their fossils. I would personally understand if the dev team are reluctant to increase its size by any significant amount, as Megalodon can be scary in-game as is. But hey, at the same time, I would also welcome a size increase. :)

4) Side idea; for the feeding animation, perhaps the Megalodon could shake its head side-to-side like a dog shaking a toy, as modern sharks thrash around to sever bites of meat from a carcass. It would look great accompanied with the blood-and-meat-chunks effect mentioned above!

5) I have read many requests for the Megalodon to receive a bleed damage effect like the Allo or Ravager, and while I agree this is logical and true to what modern sharks are capable of, I am also concerned that being afflicted with a bleed effect, while underwater, and possibly having it stack from attacks by multiple Megalodon, could be overkill. The bleed effect comes with a significant slowing of the victim’s movement, which could be frustratingly paralysing in an underwater environment where the player’s movement is already weakened.

6) The TLC Direwolf’s new ability to ‘sniff’ out wounded or dead creatures would translate really well to the Megalodon, as modern sharks are known to be capable of smelling blood in the water.

Pachy:

1) As many have said before, I feel the overall size of the creature could be scaled up, as part of a much-needed rework of its model, textures, animations and sound. As it stands now, the Pachy looks too small to carry most players (realistically OR un-realistically proportioned). Its model and textures are looking dated, and its colour schemes feel too vibrant compared to dinosaurs of comparable size and biome.

2) The Pachy would benefit from a rework of its Charge ability. The charge should be pulled more into line with the Woolly Rino’s - starting out slow and gaining speed over the charge duration (thank you Gannon for wording that better than I can), with its strength indicated by a gauge on-screen, same as the Rino. It does not need the same strength as the Rino in its charge, so it can find a niche as a slightly weaker, early-game version of the former. While charging, the Pachy should have no problem smashing right through rocks, boulders and trees, though when breaking these things should not collect any resources from them. Being able to turn slightly while charging is also needed.

3) It should not be able to jump. This, in particular, is my personal pet peeve with the creature, as it feels too heavy to be capable of such movement. It would also benefit from a smaller turning circle outside of its charge ability.

4) As far as its stats go, I feel the Pachy would do well with a minor carry weight, stamina regen and damage buff, and a significant speed buff, as they are quite easy to outrun even by low-level players despite their dossier saying otherwise.

5) A fresh idea, to make the Pachy’s kit more distinguishable from the Woolly Rino’s, and more useful in late-game, is to have the torpor effect from its charge ability scale with the quality of armour the victim is wearing. For example, a player wearing tek, flak, or riot armour would receive more torpor damage from a charge attack then another player wearing hide or cloth armour. It would work as though the weight and strength of the armour itself works against the wearer when they are head-bashed. They still get reduced physical damage according to their armour stats, but the trade-off is an increase in Torpor.

Megaloceros:

1) A TLC pass has been promised for the female variant, and I applaud that, but I feel the male could use some love too. <3 The texture on his antlers in particular more closely resembles the way a stroke of paint splits over rough wood then it does any deer antlers I’ve ever seen.

2) Animations could use a polish, as the legs do not move with the same fluidity as more recent creatures (thinking of the Equus in particular). And please, please, stop the constant honking. I don’t mind hearing a deer scream, but when it doesn’t stop it gets annoying.

3) The Megaloceros, like many other creatures on the ARK, seems to have a momentum fall-off issue when it jumps. Currently it can launch itself nearly half way across a biome, further if you jump off a tall surface. It is not very fun to play with, and is dangerous to the mount if you’re riding it and have a bad jump. The Megaloceros doesn’t have significant health and takes full fall damage, so a speedy or poorly aimed leap will kill it. I understand that its ability to leap is one of its selling points, as stated in the dossier, but I feel like it could be scaled back and adjusted to something more balanced.

4) Male Megaloceros does not drop keratin when killed, even though it is stated in the dossier that it “makes for an excellent source of keratin”.

5) Megaloceros cannot harvest berries, which can pose problems on longer adventures across the ARK.

6) I feel like Megaloceros, like Equus, should spawn in herds of three, with one male and two female. Deer are herd animals as much as horses are.

7) As others have said before me, it is stated in the dossier that “the male Megaloceros’ charging horn attack tends to cause targets to ‘bleed’, decreasing Health, Stamina and Speed until healed”. I would appreciate the implementation of this in-game, as a secondary attack for the male variant. It could lower its head, pointing the spikes of its antlers forwards, and perform a short, snorting, joust forwards, causing bleeding damage to targets in front of it. On the other hand, the bleed effect is very powerful, and could be considered overpowered when applied to too many creatures across the ARK. It might balance better if left off the Megaloceros, in which case the dossier needs to be changed.

8) Fresh Idea: As a new resource for consumption and ingredient for cooking, I think it would be cool and useful if players could harvest ‘Deer milk’ from mate-boosted female Megaloceros. The Megaloceros is one of very few creatures on the ARK that could logically produce milk fit for human survivor consumption, and it could be used to add further complexity to cooking recipes, both official and player-created. It also adds a novelty/gimmick to the female Megaloceros beyond a mere speed boost. This idea is very Viking-inspired, aha.

Scorpion:

1) In a previous post, user TheyCallMeGunny had an excellent idea for adding utility to the scorpions. He suggested that players with empty glass jars in their inventory be able to ‘milk’ the scorpion for narcotics, or an organic variant thereof. I would like to second this idea, as there is no creature currently on the ARK that can passively create narcotic, though there are many that utilise it. :D

2) User DarthaNyan has a neat thread here on the forums with suggestions for ways to improve the scorpions’ gameplay and utility. It currently brings up issues like their inability to attack while moving, as well as issues with trying to use them as a tranq’ing mount. (On this topic, pretty much all creatures designed to be able to tranq, excluding the Equus, do so very ineffectively compared to even the player’s basic bow and tranq arrows. There is definitely room for improvement, and I would appreciate it being addressed in the future).

3) I have read many posts suggesting that the scorpion have its attacks split – right click causes attacks with the stinger, while left click causes attacks with the claws. I would like to second this idea, as I find it odd that players cannot control whether we attempt to kill or tranq a target. (I understand that the dossier states that both the pincers and stinger are connected to the same toxin sacks, but I feel this is counter-intuitive to what people already know of real-world scorpions).

4) There was also a suggestion by someone, my bad for not noting down the username, who said that the scorpion should have a charged stinger attack whereby it pauses, then suddenly sticks its victim with its stinger and holds it there, pumping it full of narcotics and causing its torpor to rapidly rise until the victim falls unconscious. I feel that this ability would be especially useful when coupled with the next ability;

5) It has also been mentioned that the scorpion should have the ability to pick up small creatures, such as the Dodo, Otter, Mesopithecus, Compy, ect, in each claw and carry them around, like a smaller version of the Karkinos. I fully agree with this concept! That would give it some wonderful transportation utility for low-level players, as well as the option for a more controlled method of taming small dinos.

6) The scorpion could also do with a general rework of its model, textures, animations and sounds. This would also help solve long-standing clipping issues with riders and hitbox problems.

Stegosaurs:

1) As others before me have suggested, the biggest thing to be improved with the Stego is simply its appearance; it would benefit from a full model, texture, animation and sound pass. I also feel like the Stego’s colour palette overall is too limited. I am constantly finding the same three or four colour combinations, and none of them are as attractive as its cousin, the Kentro.

2) The Stego is one of the slowest creatures on the island, and so is generally passed over by players in favour of similar, faster mounts. Giving the Stego a small movement speed buff would go a long way to making it more viable. In the same vein, its stamina isn’t great either. Perhaps a longer stam regen time as a trade-off for a higher overall stam pool? I understand that these traits are by design, but they also greatly reduce the overall value of the creature as a mount, which is unfortunate.

3) I do NOT support the idea of the Stego receiving either the impale ability of the Kentro (too much overlap) or any kind of bleed effect from its tail swipe attack (bleed effect should not be common).

4) I would like to second what user TheCryptoSorrow has said - 

The advantage of stego is that it protects a rider with spinal plates. Stego could also protect a rider from any dismount effects including Purlovia/ Thylacoleo stunning, Pteranodon/ Argentavis rider grab and any other effects that cause player to dismount.

A Stego's plates preventing dismount is an excellent idea!

Carno:

One of the most requested TLC candidates. I myself have no new ideas to bring to the table regarding this dino, but I do support a full rework of its model, textures, animations, sounds and abilities. I eagerly await the results of WildCard’s work! <3

*Note: I would very much appreciate it if the Carno’s footstep SFX be turned down in volume. It’s difficult to ride due to the sheer volume of it, whereas even bigger creatures such as the Spino or Rex do not have this problem.

Dimorphodon:

1) This dino dates all the way back to July 2015, and thus is in desperate need of a texture, model, animation and sound overhaul. Is it supposed to be feathered? Or have light fur like some other fliers? Nobody knows, its model is too dated. :P

2) Dimorphs would greatly benefit from a “swarm” variation of the pack-buff, closer to what the Compy currently has then what the TLC Direwolves have received.

3) Please increase their movement speed a little and improve their landing AI. It is frustrating to ask a flock of Dimorphs to land, only to have them spread out across such a large area...

4) Why do Dimorphs only rarely spawn on Aberration, and why only down in the red/radiation zone? Shouldn’t they spawn in the fertile/green zone, since they are mostly harmless and easy to tame?

Quetzal:

1) Originally released in October 2015, the poor Quetzal is in need of a good rework to its model, textures, animations and sounds. In particular, I feel its neck should be longer while its wings shouldn’t be so wrinkly or its elongated fingers curve backwards quite so far. The mohawk isn’t great either. :/

2) I do not think the Quetzal should be capable of carrying a mammoth in its claws, as the mammoth feels like it would be too big and heavy for the Quetzal to fly with. For the sake of mechanics, however, I would not be upset to see this unchanged. It’s just a little nit-pick of mine.

3) “Have them stand tall, like in their dossier, when not equipped with a platform saddle, otherwise giving them the platform makes them ‘lie down’” – Nyrang, previously in this thread. THIS. I agree with everything about this!

Wyvern:

The Wyvern is one of the most popular creatures in the whole game, which makes it even sadder to note that its appearance and mechanics feel somewhat unpolished and bugged. *Note: These comments focus mainly on the Scorched Earth Wyverns, as I have not yet been to Ragnarok and experienced the Ice Wyverns (I’ll get there soon, I promise!).

1) All variants of the Wyvern would benefit from a texture, animation and sound rework. I feel like the colour pallets for each elemental variation could use a greater variety of shades and tones. For example - Fire Wyverns with all manner of browns, reds, oranges, golds and blacks. Poison Wyverns with greens ranging from light grassy shades, to rich dark emerald, to more yellow-based olive tones and stormy greys. Lightning Wyverns with pinky-purple and rosy shades all the way to more blue-based, indigo purples, accented with light greys, silver and white. Ice Wyverns with whites and greys across the spectrum, and watery, vibrant blues ranging from a pale baby-blue to a more sky or ocean colour.

2) As for the animations, I feel almost all are not up to scratch compared with the current dinosaur line-up. In particular, the animations for hovering make it difficult to see in first-person and aim the creature’s breath weapon, while the on-ground idle animation leaves the poor things with their mouths wide open and their heads carried low like a Skyrim dragon. Their airborne sprinting animation has the creature tilt its entire torso forwards in a way that does not look organic, while its wings seem to paddle it through the air as though it’s trying to push its face through jelly. The wing membrane between the armpit and the hip/top of the thigh does not stretch and contract with each wing flap, where as the membrane between the elongated fingers of the wing does. And with all of this, the tail is by far the worst offender. The tail animation, especially when flying, has a slight hitch that indicates the end and subsequent loop of the full animation cycle. These are just a handful of examples, and why I feel the Wyvern could use a full animation polish.

3) It is also a known issue that the Wyvern’s hitboxes are buggy and incorrectly shaped; this is especially true for the Fire Wyvern’s breath weapon and around the tail area.

4) Please stop the Wyvern’s breath from causing damage to allies and tamed dinos; it’s a very big deterrent from using the breath weapon at all. Also please increase the distance at which the fire and lightning (and possibly ice) breath weapons can reach. They all seem to fall short of how far other comparable pop-culture dragons can breathe.

5) Speaking of breath weapons, why does the Lightning Wyvern do Torpor damage but the Poison one doesn’t? I feel like the Fire Wyvern’s breath attack is in a good place, doing high DPS and DoT to anything it sets on fire, but the Lightning and Poison Wyvern’s breath abilities should be adjusted. The Poison Wyvern’s projectile should do much less DoT then the Fire Wyvern, though it effects both riders and mounts, and it should also do decent Torpor, so victims without gasmasks are knocked out before they are killed. (Other creatures with a poisonous/venomous attack do Torpor, why would you introduce this game mechanic and then not carry it through with the Wyverns?) The Lightning Wyvern’s breath attack should not do any Torpor, but overall less damage then either the Fire or Poison Wyvern, with its secondary effect being that it sets the caster’s wyvern visibly alight with an aura of crackling electricity, doing the same amount of damage as the breath attack to anything within melee range for a short period of time.

6) I believe there is room for improvement in differentiating each type of Wyvern via their stats as well. To put it another way; each elemental variation of Wyvern could have noticeable differences in base stats. The Fire Wyvern could have the highest base Health and Damage, making it your standard war mount with the best DPS output (plus the DoT from its breath attack), but it would also have the lowest Movement Speed, making it the slowest of the four elements. The Poison Wyvern could have the highest Stamina and Torpor, making tranq arrows and darts significantly less effective (don’t try and get milk from one of these!) and allowing it to fly the longest, but it have the least amount of Carry Weight. The Lightning Wyvern could have the most Movement Speed but least Health, making it a zippy little glass cannon.

7) The Wyvern’s landing AI is buggy and difficult to use. Most times an airborne Wyvern won’t even try to land if its rider is forcibly dismounted, or it will fly off somewhere far away and struggle to return to the player to land. Please find a way to improve this AI and patch the bugs with it.

8) Much like the small variation in stats, I believe a small elemental variation in the Wyvern’s loot drop would also be an improvement to the various types of Wyvern. The Fire Wyvern could keep the current loot drop of Hide, Raw Prime Meat, Sulfur and an Elemental Talon, but the Poison Wyvern should have something like Hide, Raw Prime Meat, Narcotics/Absorbent Substrate and an Elemental Talon. In the same way the Lightning Wyvern could drop Biotoxin in place of Sulfer/Narcotic (the dossier for the Wyvern says “... or even bursts of bioelectricity” which is why I suggest Biotoxin for the Lightning Wyvern), and the Ice Wyvern could drop Crystal.

9) Wyverns should be able to carry all the same creatures as the Quetzal. Currently, there is a slight discrimination that, in my opinion, defies reasonable logic.

I would really quick like to say thank you for the TLC's we have gotten so far and for the upcoming bug fixes you will be doing periodically. I also would like to say that I hope and pray we get at least 2 more TLC's before you guys decide to call it quits on them all together...

The Plesi over all really needs a new model... Even more so than the Sarco and the Roo did and they REALLY needed model updates lol the new ones are amazing by the way...

The Araneo really needs to be able to climb walls also... And a String of Webbing to descend from the ceiling like a grappling hook cable would be the ultimate as well.

Can Ichthys, Megalodons, Mantas, Tadpoles and the like, be able to possibly have a way to shimmy off the beach back into the water instead of dying please? A very sincere please... ?

Plus Megalodons, Ichthys and Sarcos being able to jump out of the water would be the supreme. A water splash animation for anything that breaks the surface would be a major visual plus also. Including footsteps and things of that nature.

The Phoenix being able to land like the featherlight...

Ankys could really use some lightweight TLC on the model as well just to clean it up to the newer model standard, you guys got by with the Parasaur? the Anky does not truly need new abilities (a Smithing Saddle would be nice since a Forging Saddle is probably out of the question) but a cleaner resolution model and walking animation would really clean the legacy dinos as a whole up, especially since the Anky is such a heavily used dino. The face especially needs it... You could even just sneak it in and not tell anybody and I would be happy?

Otherwise I'm really satisfied with the work you guys have put in. A more engaging storyline would really of made this the end all game for me being a single player. A more engaging enemy or presence I could really be detecated to defeating through out the Arks or the End DLC would really give it the last thing it needed. Just some villain to direct all that anger I get due to sneak attack deaths from raptors and game crashes? But this game is very unique and fulfilling on its own and I thank you for it.

Please... 2 more TLCs of at least 4 dinos each in the future. Im beggin ya lol

Once again thank you

Karma i agree with about everything you said.  I have to draw a line with the lightning wyvern torpor tho.  Electrical pulses are known to numb the nerves and cause sleepiness.  Poisons arnt the only things capable of inducing torpor, blunt force trauma and electricity do to.  As for the bleed and reflect abilities, why does all of these abilities have to be the same?  Both the kent and arthro reflect 25% back and bleeds all do the same % of health per second.  It wouldnt be hard to weaken these DoTs for others like the male deer.  Ta Da a non OP bleed ability thats semi useful for a creature that no one besides deer lovers care about lol.  As for fire DoT ive never felt impressed with it, especially the wyverns fire DoT.  It seems based on my wyverns dmg stat instead of the targets health because everything i tested it on received the same amount of DoT(I use floating dmg text).  Everything else you said was awesome and many of those things ive said myself before.  Hope the devs listen, they good ideas.

8 minutes ago, TheRealSnek said:

I feel like the para may be a little too strong. I don’t think it should scare anything the size of a raptor and above. It should only be able to scare dilos, pegos, and ichthyornis

Are you talking about the paracer?  The big thing that could trample a raptor with 1 step in real life?  Like eiiii a bug, *squash*  if i was a raptor id run too lol.  Tho AFAIK raptors dont flee from anything except torpor or a target they cant reach.

33 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

Are you talking about the paracer?  The big thing that could trample a raptor with 1 step in real life?  Like eiiii a bug, *squash*  if i was a raptor id run too lol.  Tho AFAIK raptors dont flee from anything except torpor or a target they cant reach.

No I mean the Parasaur. It’s getting a tlc buff that will allow it to scare small dinosaurs away with a roar. It’s shown that it can scare raptors but I think it’s a little too strong. It should atleast have some sort of cool down

btw I’m loving the new TLC dinosaurs. You guys really are listening to all of our suggestions!

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived