Dino TLC: Feedback! Suggestions?

Jatheish

On 12/19/2017 at 12:29 PM, Scheneighnay said:

The spino definitely needs a face-lift to look less plastic-y. Probably the pteranodon as well.

Also: 

I agree that the Ptera needs a texture update. The model is okay, the animations are decent with a few bugs (small fingers at pinky make odd movements), but the texture needs a redo. I hope to keep it striped and bright.

I think the Sarco should have a rare albino coloration. This would be rarer than the blue Doed.

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Araneo Updates:

It really need a new head that looks more like a spider and less like a Predator from a movie with the same name. A head similar to the broodmother would be perfect, with spider fangs! 
It can climb trees, walls, cliffs, zipline and ceiling without using stamina. His web stays as long as it isn’t damaged, giving a more ”abandoned look” to caves and other araneo nests. The araneo can jump on short distance, like wolf spiders. Instead of meat it collects “Meat Soup” from corpses, thanks to his digestive enzymes. By holding the jump command, the araneo can target a place and you can then use the attack command to shoot a Grappling Web. This web works like the grappling hook. When you use it you can shot a second Grappling Web, building a Web Zipline between the two. The Web Zipline has a small Web Curtain under it, it works like a trapping web to catch/slow flyers/creatures that comes too close. The Web Zipline can be destroyed easier than normal zipline. All araneo webs are inflammable and araneo takes additional damages from fire. When unmounted, you can also ask your araneo to bury herself like purlovia. A multitasking beast but with low health.

Spiders could be a nightmare creature this way. 

Megalosaurus - make unridden megalosaurus stop using their special grab attack against targets they can't actually grab, it looks silly and makes them useless when not ridden. They are now usable only during night, it would be great to have night alternative for Rexes to kill bosses with them. Now we can't do it because they are using their grab attack even against bosses doing like 10% of their normal dmg. 

Im posting it in this section because there are opinions it's intended (which i personally don't agree with).

Thanks 

18 hours ago, DarkRaptor13 said:

Araneo Updates:

It really need a new head that looks more like a spider and less like a Predator from a movie with the same name. A head similar to the broodmother would be perfect, with spider fangs! 
It can climb trees, walls, cliffs, zipline and ceiling without using stamina. His web stays as long as it isn’t damaged, giving a more ”abandoned look” to caves and other araneo nests. The araneo can jump on short distance, like wolf spiders. Instead of meat it collects “Meat Soup” from corpses, thanks to his digestive enzymes. By holding the jump command, the araneo can target a place and you can then use the attack command to shoot a Grappling Web. This web works like the grappling hook. When you use it you can shot a second Grappling Web, building a Web Zipline between the two. The Web Zipline has a small Web Curtain under it, it works like a trapping web to catch/slow flyers/creatures that comes too close. The Web Zipline can be destroyed easier than normal zipline. All araneo webs are inflammable and araneo takes additional damages from fire. When unmounted, you can also ask your araneo to bury herself like purlovia. A multitasking beast but with low health.

I Really Like this Idea all I have to put in Addition is to make it faster, spiders can move very quickly when they need to

19 hours ago, DarkRaptor13 said:

Araneo Updates:

I really like this idea. This would definently make me want to go out and tame spiders.

16 minutes ago, WildWyvern said:

I really like this idea. This would definently make me want to go out and tame spiders.

That's the goal. We have many really good predators in this game but spiders, despite being a nightmare for many people, is more some kind of boss minions than a true dangerous creatures... maybe boss minions araneo could be smaller and more of them while the wild araneo will be more some kind of nightmare. Web, climbing, trapping... all those things are needed. And the visual model should be better, "normal" spiders looks already naturally scary for most people without having a predator head,  Aragog in Harry Potter is sooo cool and scary at the same time for example ! 

I would keep the actual model as an Aberrant Spider for example, I think it looks perfect as an alien/mutant spider. But a new model, more tarantula-like for the island would be more adapted I think. 

Ok so i am trying not to be rude and hoping that a upcoming update with bring back the colours and blending that was in my animals. I had gorgeous animals and now have ones that honestly look like a 2 year old did a paint by numbers. Oddly enough wild rexs do not look so bad but colour mutated ones are a mess. Sadly the wolves look silly wild or tamed and bred. To be honest apart from some design changes and little bit of tidy up in rexs the wolves have only gone down hill. oh and the bears have the same problem. colour regions have no blending of colour. No straight lines in nature. The heads on the bears look a bit thin but the rear ends and the way the feat sit look good.

15 hours ago, TwinkleyDeath1 said:

Ok so i am trying not to be rude and hoping that a upcoming update with bring back the colours and blending that was in my animals. I had gorgeous animals and now have ones that honestly look like a 2 year old did a paint by numbers. Oddly enough wild rexs do not look so bad but colour mutated ones are a mess. Sadly the wolves look silly wild or tamed and bred. To be honest apart from some design changes and little bit of tidy up in rexs the wolves have only gone down hill. oh and the bears have the same problem. colour regions have no blending of colour. No straight lines in nature. The heads on the bears look a bit thin but the rear ends and the way the feat sit look good.

No straight lines in nature you say? I’m assuming u mean no straight lines in colorizarion, Because skunks, tapirs, many snakes and lizards, fish, eagles, hyenas....

i could go on, but u get the point. Also, is it really “natural” to have bright blue and red wolves? No, because they’re mutations. You can just tame creatures with colors u like 

You guys are doing an absolute good job with the TLC stuff! It's something a lot of people have been waiting for i'm sure, so please don't stop here.

But for the love of God, please update the spinosaur. It is overshadowed massively by other dinosaurs.I mean even a baryonyx can stun its enemy for a long time even that is more useful than what a spino can do.
Then there is the Megalodons, if you hear/read about these in docu's/books (or whatever) you might think they were one of the scariest things in the water back in their time. But in ARK they are just easy fish meat... And they are slow. They're definitely missing something.
I can keep going about a lot of the dinosaurs that were released early in this game, those are generally the ones that are begging for a TLC (ptera, Quetz, ...)

Please continue the good work!  :Jerblove:

1 hour ago, Smekski said:

Then there is the Megalodons, if you hear/read about these in docu's/books (or whatever) you might think they were one of the scariest things in the water back in their time. But in ARK they are just easy fish meat... And they are slow. They're definitely missing something.

Yep, they definitely need to revamp the Megalodon. They're just so generic, especially for something with such a legendary reputation in real life (they were even bigger than Mosasaurs, and had 3x the bite force of a T-Rex).

I think they should add a "breach" charge attack to Megalodons (although, not actually have them exit the water, since that instantly kills them in Ark). Basically a inverse of the Griffin's dive. When the Megalodon is angled upward and sprinting, he gains an increasing speed boost (while burning Stamina like mad). If he does a passing bite while breaching (like the Griffin's Diving Swipe), he inflicts a slowing bleed DoT on the target (like an Alpha Allosaurus delivers) to simulate biting fins (which Sharks are well known for), but if the Megalodon directly collides with something while breaching (like the Griffin's Dive Bomb), he delivers massive damage.

This would open up an entirely different fighting style for Megalodons, make having an enemy player on a Megalodon below you, very dangerous. The Megalodon could open up on you from below with a breaching fin bite to slow you down so you can't catch him, before he descends back down to aim a breaching charge directly at you for big damage.

5 hours ago, Smekski said:

You guys are doing an absolute good job with the TLC stuff! It's something a lot of people have been waiting for i'm sure, so please don't stop here.

But for the love of God, please update the spinosaur. It is overshadowed massively by other dinosaurs.I mean even a baryonyx can stun its enemy for a long time even that is more useful than what a spino can do.
I can keep going about a lot of the dinosaurs that were released early in this game, those are generally the ones that are begging for a TLC (ptera, Quetz, ...)

Please continue the good work!  :Jerblove:

Wait.....but they already are.... I don’t know if you’ve seen it, but it got a new model and new abilities 

Id like the giga to get some love, its model looks pretty old and with its current stat gain a rex can easily outshine a tamed giga.  This should never ever be possible, its huge so hp wise a rex shud never hav more.  Rexes can even out damage gigas in some cases, this defeats the purpose of the giga being THE apex ground predator.  We need that make em crap their pants ability on the giga roar too lol.

24 minutes ago, Mendoza said:
  • Could you make the Bronto have a little more stamina and have the ability to knock down at least three trees in one tail swing. A tiny Anky can knock down two trees in one swing, yet a Bronto can't?

Since trees are plants like bushes i feel like it should just level all trees in swing provided it has the power.  Everything else in game thats in an attacks AoE gets hit accordingly.  And why cant we hit bushes close to the bronto, yet if a dino or player is next to its feet they get it?

On 03/03/2018 at 10:26 AM, Onimusha759 said:

Id like the giga to get some love, its model looks pretty old and with its current stat gain a rex can easily outshine a tamed giga.  This should never ever be possible, its huge so hp wise a rex shud never hav more.  Rexes can even out damage gigas in some cases, this defeats the purpose of the giga being THE apex ground predator.  We need that make em crap their pants ability on the giga roar too lol.

More powerful gigas ? I think that's a bad idea as many people complain of tribes with giga armies... but yes it need a new model, scarier and looking more powerful (small spikes or something to make his skin less sweet. Maybe Indominus or Zilla parts like claws or teeth...)

Maybe Tamed Gigas should be as powerful as wild ones but both should rage easier. 

In my opinion all the creatures that were in the game from the start should get a full rework. Including a visual rework. Here are some of my Ideas:

Dodo,Phiomia and Parasaur are the most important

Phiomia

-are able to dig into the ground and collect a small amout of rare mushrooms and rare flowers

-are able to collect berries from bushes ( Why aren´t they able to do this in the first place? How do they survive?)

Parasaur

-are capable of sending out a distress call if enemies are nearby. Allies who are close to the Parasaur will get a movementspeed-buff and their resistance will be increased. This will help to make a quick escape. Wild and tamed Parasaurs will automatically use it when they are under attack.

Then there are the Trike, Carbonemys, Stegosaurus, Megalodon, Araneo, Pulmonoscorpius

Trikes

-are able to do a charge-attack similiar to the woolly Rhino

Carbonemys

-are capable of retreating into their shell similiar to the Doedicurus.

Megalodons

-is capable of smelling / detecting enemies who are on low health similiar to the wolf but only for water

Araneos

-are capable of throwing organic ziplines made out of spidersilk and use them like a Revager.

-are able to jump and have reduced fall-damage.

Pulmonoscorpius

-Primary attack deals less damage , but same torpor.

-gets a secondary attack that only damages.

-capable of grabbing small creatures.

And now there are only the Dung Beetle, the Doedicurus, the Mammoth and the giant beaver left

Dung Beetle

-collects poop while walking around

Oviraptor

-collects eggs while walking around

Doedicurus

-are capable of collecting berries from bushes

Mammoth and giant Beaver

-Mammoth should get a visual rework aswell

-Mammoth should have a smithy in his saddle instead of the beaver

-They swap the weight-reduction to each other

10 hours ago, DarkRaptor13 said:

More powerful gigas ? I think that's a bad idea as many people complain of tribes with giga armies... but yes it need a new model, scarier and looking more powerful (small spikes or something to make his skin less sweet. Maybe Indominus or Zilla parts like claws or teeth...)

Maybe Tamed Gigas should be as powerful as wild ones but both should rage easier. 

You have to agree that a tamed giga vs a tamed rex and the the rex winning because he gains more stats per lvl is stupid.  A giga should never ever lose to a similar rex.  The giga should have better Hp and we all know rexes hp royally kick the crap out of a gigas hp.  The giga cant do boss battles so its only purpose is raiding or raid defense so compared to everything else they should be a lil OP.  Rex vs giga should be 1 sided.  U have seen the mediocre gain on Health the giga gets right, its embarrassing.  I have said before on here in another thread that tamed gigas should be equal to the wild or nerf the wild 1s.  How is the dino losing half its power and its bleed ability fair.  We bust our butts setting up and taming this monster then it loses so much on tame.  Its like if we bust our butts to catch mewtwo then his hp and sp Attack gets halved...Whats the point of him being a legend?  I wouldnt even mind nerfing the wild 1s down to tamed level then boosting the stat gain a little bit and keeping the bleed effect.  Heck id be ok with keeping wilds the same but giving tames the bleed and a slight boost to stat gain per point because the rex gain defeats what the giga is.

14 minutes ago, Lockjaw said:

So, in a nutshell, Rex should have absolutely nothing to stand out... not even a useless little gimmick. And tamed Gigas should have a base hp of 80,000, base damage of 600, and an OP bleed in addition to imprinting, leveling, and saddle armor. Because Giga. Seems legit.

yes but as a multiplayer game, it would be hard to keep it balance if Gigas are too powerful. An alternative could be to make them rage even easier or being aggressive to other gigas of the same gender even between tames... to make the Giga a powerful weapon but without having unbeatable gigas armies on each Server with a mega tribe.

More powerful yes, but weakpoints too. 

1 hour ago, DarkRaptor13 said:

yes but as a multiplayer game, it would be hard to keep it balance if Gigas are too powerful.

Yeah I was being sarcastic when I said it seemed legit. Sorry I need to learn to be more clear about that.

1 hour ago, DarkRaptor13 said:

An alternative could be to make them rage even easier or being aggressive to other gigas of the same gender even between tames... to make the Giga a powerful weapon but without having unbeatable gigas armies on each Server with a mega tribe.

More powerful yes, but weakpoints too. 

I doubt that they would ever achieve balance like that. But even if they did, that simply wouldn't make anyone happy. Rex would still be an absolute embarrasment of a dino, and even now you already see Giga riders complaining that the rage mechanic makes him useless.

I'll just say it: Rex has the biggest fan base of any dino, but he also has the most dedicated haters. If another creature were brought in that far surpasses the Anky in metal harvesting ability you wouldn't see people complaining that the new metal harvesting king needs a buff to his metal harvesting. You would see people complaining that the anky needs to either be brought up to par or given some other ability to compensate.

• Jatheish locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived