Dino TLC: Feedback! Suggestions?

Jatheish

The quetzal should have an upright posture when landed.  When taking off, the quetzal should lean backwards before throwing its weight forward in to the air.  Since they were so large it was thought that they must have had to launch themselves in to the air to fly.  Not that it will be a welcome change but I personally think that a quetzal should not be able to carry a mammoth.   It was estimated that a quetzal only weighed around 1000 lbs or less because of their hollow bones.  

The triceratops model needs some big changes.  I would like to see them become much more powerful.  And they need to actually look like a triceratops (idk how to shrink the picture :/).  As you can see from the picture below, the current trike has taken some creative twists.  And yes I know that the full names of the species in ark are different, but I would still like a proper trike.

imrs_php.thumb.jpeg.95383ed7b83c134810c95707012910a0.jpeg

imrs_php.thumb.jpeg.95383ed7b83c134810c95707012910a0.jpegimrs_php.thumb.jpeg.95383ed7b83c134810c95707012910a0.jpeg

I would like to see the dilo become a bit more useful.  This is a tough dino to adjust though because of its spot in early game as a common threat to low level survivors.  For aesthetics, a slight(20%) size increase would be nice with more realistic animations.  I would suggest that any target that a dilo slimes should take more damage while slimed to make them more of a relevant base defence, but that would likely be too much to deal with for some low level/experience players.  Its is estimated that they could run 20mph, so a speed increase would be nice, but again that raises the issue of how challenging they are for low level players.

imrs_php.thumb.jpeg.95383ed7b83c134810c95707012910a0.jpeg

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, SpecTimsauru5 said:

oh this is caulkicephalus, an ornithocheirid that I would like to see in-game (cuz its my fave)

this is pteranodon:

Pteranodon longiceps

yeap! this is in the most serious case of desperation for TLC, or this is a case of Identity Crisis within a game. *shrug*

oh whoops, yeah i misread your comment

On 1/15/2018 at 7:00 PM, TemperanceXIV said:

I would first of all like to say that I love the detail going into the dinos and that I have a couple suggestions that I feel would be nice.

Dire Wolf- The style it’s reaching is drastically better then before. My suggestions would be to add fur to the sides of the face more in a shape like a diamond to give it a less round feel, add less pronounced eyebrows so the eyes don’t look a little sunken in, perhaps even move the eyes closer together or make them rounder at the top, lengthen the legs and or slim out the entire neck and underbelly to give it a more skinny/fit wild feel, and most importantly make sure the lower jaw connects correctly. The current style has a strange shape as if the bottom of the mouth is being pulled up. Overall the face should look more like the image below.

DCD8374D-BA46-4385-B260-DF4379FDED5F.thumb.jpeg.bf6cf3fa3ada3c1231cfe3403060388f.jpeg

Hyaenodon- The head has a lot of strange details that could use a smoother or furry touch.

Argentavis- Could use a detail lift, Id suggest to make the head smoother with more small feathers. It could get a little bit more skinny or longer in the body if desired but should stay away from vulture as they are already in the game.

Phoenix- I have had a friend point out that the Phoenix can’t land but yet in the dossier picture it’s on the ground so it would be cool if it could perch upon branches, logs, or fences and remain there once dismounted without the ability to land. Another thought on the Phoenix is that the flames on its body should come in various colors other then a yellowish. Perhaps red, orange, yellow, a greenish yellow, light blue, magenta, and white. This would make them more appealing to the eye, and more interesting to hunt for the right color. I also think it would be AMAZING and more lore friendly if once they die, amidst the ashes would be a Phoenix egg so they could be “Reborn” from the ashes.

Thylacoleo- Should be able to climb in the same style that a rock drake can, instead of using the jump button it could use the secondary attack button to switch into climb stance.

Onyc- could use a rework and should have a special ability where it can cling to a players back and act as a glider suit.

And lastly all rideable dinos should have a roar and all land dinos should have the ability to jump. :]

100% agree. The Thylacoleo should have the ability to climb like the Rock Drake, w/ follower Thylacoleo climbing as well.  Ravager zip line ability makes sense as well, given their semi-opposable thumbs is the reason for their ability to climb.   A re-mesh more similar dossier would be awesome a well.  Currently, they look very plush.  Similar to what was proposed, though not yet released, for the Argentavis.  More muscular, less stuffed cat.

An update to the "survivor" would be helpful as well.  A few more options, like skinny or fat, not just physically larger in those regions.  Several different faces similar to Skyrim!

Rock Drake ; For a creature that utilizes in stealth, its loud as hell when gliding. Maybe stop the huge wind noise when camo'd? Also, jumping animation gets buggy when you're graphically lagging and gliding gets glitches when you're on a high-ping server.
Human detection ; Feather tips glow red while a human is within the parameter.

Wyverns ; Much like the wild wyverns, allow two wyverns of the same kind and level (egg level) to mate, with the requirement of having a wyvern nest near it (engram/pick-up wyvern nest from areas/Create Nest ability)

Phoenix ; Allow a grounded animation (featherlight) and weight increase. Allow on aberration since it can't pick-up humans + plus aberration is almost as hot as SE.

Giga ; Model update & Roar mechanic much like the rex

Spino ; A grab attack while on bipedal movement (jurassic park 3 for referrence) while facing off similar or smaller size preys

Pteradon ; Increased speed and stamina to be used as a proper scout, increase space-consumption of dino to disable clipping between walls, doors pillars etc. etc. Swap pick-up animation with dive-bomb for fast escapes.

Mosa ; Allow a launch & grab attack through the water to catch fliers and dinos too close to water.

Leedsicthys ; Allow to be tamed only via egg (like wyvern & rock drake)

Rafts (ye ye, dino tlc we get it) ; disallow rafts to be moved when covered competely (unable move w/o wind) and Disallow C4 placement.

Motorboats ; Disallow C4 placement.

Unicorn ; Add a skewer attack (horn) to grab a smaller sized creature (dodo, sheep, human etc. etc.) 

Basilisk ; Turret mode while burried, enabling turret mode on basilisk will replace the tail with its head and act as a natural turret, also allow it to breed (snakes can breed too)

Normal to Aberrant transmutation ; Only allow eggs to be hatched in aberration (normal dinos wont be able to survive in the climate) to achieve an aberrant version of themselves/Tek structure to radiate an egg for it to become aberrant.

Otter : Allow automatic pearl gathering while on wandering

Oviraptor : Allow to automatically pick-up eggs while on aggressive and wandering (reduced egg weight)

Pegasus (?) Winged Unicorn, how cool is that?!

Spider ; allow to walk on walls & ziplines

Nameless ; Disallow to spawn or weaken whenever exposed to light (not only charge)

Griffin ; War Saddle & breedable. Double movement speed while on ground.

Lion ; a proper lion pls. 

Water dino overhaul ; Allow bigger creatures (megalodon, plesio, mosa, tuso) to hunt down coels & sabers.

On 2/20/2018 at 4:22 PM, SubtendedCrib8 said:

We pretty much conclusively know that all raptor species had full body feathers, so it'd be neato if they were completely covered in them

I don’t know why everyone basing ark’s dinosaurs off real ones. They have been highly altered and may not even be “true” dinosaurs, but an animal that has been genetically engineered convergently and based on raptors. I personally think that it doesn’t need to be covered with feathers, but the ones on the arm should extend to the shoulder 

3 hours ago, TheRealSnek said:

I don’t know why everyone basing ark’s dinosaurs off real ones. They have been highly altered and may not even be “true” dinosaurs, but an animal that has been genetically engineered convergently and based on raptors. I personally think that it doesn’t need to be covered with feathers, but the ones on the arm should extend to the shoulder 

They're subspecies due to evolving independently on the island, but certain traits carry over across species

On 12/18/2017 at 11:07 PM, Nyrang said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I think it'd be pretty cool if Spinos were given an ability similar to iguanodons so they could stand up and have increased attack but decreased speed or something of the sorts. I think, sadly, Spinos just aren't that interesting in the game currently. I hope they can get a nice TLC pass to bring them up at least a little.

Decided to add onto my original post (spoiler above) and talk about a few more dinosaurs that I think could get a TLC pass. This will be a combination of my own ideas and some other ideas found in the thread (I've been enjoying reading through people's ideas)

Araneo - Starting off with a creature that gets very little love, the Spider. I believe, with the addition of Aberration, the spider should get a natural Zip Line it can plate for itself and rider. This would work like the normal Zip Line but may degrade overtime.

Archaeopteryx - I think, instead of holding it over your head and looking kind of silly, it should hang onto your back until you need to use it as a 'parachute'. I think it'd just look better.

Argentavis - New Model. Honestly, I like how it looks in the Dossier, but the in game model isn't that great and this old bird could use a very nice TLC pass.

Bronto - I don't see this dino much, as I've not seen much of a use for it (for myself, playing solo), but a small pass I'd like to see is some kind of saddle update that puts a small saddle higher on the neck to give the 'driver' a better view and not have the weird massive saddle it currently has, also adding this to the platform saddle. (I'm not sure I explained this very well...)

Carno - This lovely little derp deserves some TLC, I think it could get the Rhino's charge mechanic with extra knock back as it speeds up, also a nice new model. (I think most Theropods deserve a slight update to their stances)

Dilophosaur - While I like the Jurassic Park Reference, even in that movie that wasn't the full size (and I mean in the universe of Jurassic Park, that wasn't an adult Dilo) so I think a larger Dilo would be nice, retain the frill and spit attack, but make it big enough to ride at least, maybe? Maybe even make it a sexual dimorphism thing where one is bigger than the other.

Diplodocus - I think it should get two attacks, retain the normal head push and add an actual tail whip that does damage.

Direwolf - Legs definitely need fur, and I'd like to see the face a little less snarly, but otherwise excellent.

Leopleurodon - PLEASE make a -normal- version that does not have the 'magic' ability so that we can tame them and have them. Also, possibly reduce Megalodon spawns a little and let the Leos be a bit more common for the 'medium water dino' spot.

Megaloceros - I believe, at least for the females, an 'armor' should be introduced to give them a use. It wouldn't give them a lot of use, but people would look a lot cooler with the lance on it. Also, the model could be made a bit more majestic in my opinion, bring their head up slightly and make it look like they're somewhat puffing up their chests.

Onyc - Give them a hanging stance so they can hang onto either roofs or have a special perch you can set right under a roof to let them hang on, it must be stressful having to fly 24/7... poor little guys.

Pachy - These guys really need some TLC, I mean, they're practically useless. Again, like the Carno, they should get a charge attack but instead of more damage (Rhino) or more pushback (suggested Carno) it'd add more torpor the longer you'd been charging. Also, I believe they should get a size boost. Make them more menacing that way.

Parasaur - I'd like to see these guys get a 'Whistle Boost' ability that would increase the range of all whistles from the rider.

Ptera - I think it should get a slight TLC pass, make it look a bit nicer.

Scorpion - Let it grab smaller creatures, Dodo size about, and carry them around.

Quetz - Have them stand tall, like in their dossier, when not equipped with a platform saddle, otherwise giving them the platform makes them 'lie down'.

Raptor - I think they could be remodeled to be more like the cover art, or like the art from someone in this very post (This nice art from Promilie)

Sarcosuchus - Like others have said in this thread, this guy needs a TLC pass.

Spinosaurus - In my original post I said that I'd like to see it gain the same ability as Iguanodons, as in letting them switch between Quadrupedal movement and Bipedal movement. In Quadrupedal mode it'd probably run a bit faster and do a little less damage and in Bipedal it'd be a little slower but do more damage.

Terror bird - I think they need to stand a little taller, be a bit more proud of being the TERROR Bird.

Triceratops - They could probably use with a slight size increase.

Thus concludes my silly comment. Hope everything was clear enough and that my ideas weren't too outlandish for everyone.

I really like the ideas for the Carno, Dilo, Diplodocus, and the Leoplurodon.

I also think it would be nice if the Giga had a platform saddle.

8 hours ago, SubtendedCrib8 said:

They're subspecies due to evolving independently on the island, but certain traits carry over across species

Where did you get that information about Ark creatures?

12 hours ago, Mendoza said:

Can you do a TLC pass on the TURTLE

1. Totally immune to jellyfish

2. Gets some sort of buff from eating them or perhaps is able to harvest more toxin !

3. And for the fun of it a 1x1 platform saddle (limited to a small number of structures it can build)

This. I like this. A lot. I could live without the mini platform (which would be super neat), but the other two are killer ideas IMO.

10 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:
12 hours ago, Mendoza said:

Can you do a TLC pass on the TURTLE

1. Totally immune to jellyfish

2. Gets some sort of buff from eating them or perhaps is able to harvest more toxin !

3. And for the fun of it a 1x1 platform saddle (limited to a small number of structures it can build)

This. I like this. A lot. I could live without the mini platform (which would be super neat), but the other two are killer ideas IMO.

ok, but who in there right mind would take a Turtle into the ocean? they're slow, weak, all there good for is tuso taming

1 hour ago, Umber0010 said:

ok, but who in there right mind would take a Turtle into the ocean? they're slow, weak, all there good for is tuso taming

Maybe they could do with a speed boost when in water... Perhaps when eating a jelly they get juiced up and are more dangerous - just giving some ideas for the Devs  :)

2 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

Where did you get that information about Ark creatures?

With a platform saddle, you could park a chair on it and go fishing... lol

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 2:58 PM, Lockjaw said:

Beelzebufo -  Instead of two torpor attacks, have one torpor attack and one long-reaching tongue grab which yoinks human-sized targets toward himself

Megalania - Replace Megarabies with a venom debuff which affects all targets (or at least all targets up to a medium size) but is not contagious.

Kaprosuchus - I think that in a PvP setting he's a good assassin, but from a PvE perspective he doesn't seem to have much of a purpose. Maybe give him some sort of specialized harvesting?

I really like the frog idea, would be really good for catching those meganura that aren't in the frogs attack aoe.

16 hours ago, Umber0010 said:

I don't imagine the point would be to use the turtle as a travel or battle mount, just a fun feature on a somewhat underutilized - yet super neat - tame. Having a little 1x1 on a turtle would also be pretty sweet.

1 hour ago, CyanicEmber said:

Personal Opinion: If you guys are going to say Therizino rivals the T-Rex in power, it needs to be larger.

Why? Theri power comes from their tickle-fingers, not their size. 

• Jatheish locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived