Dino TLC: Feedback! Suggestions?

Jatheish

I think the Parasaur needs a little love with the TLC pass. I know it's a beginner dino, but unless it's your first berry gatherer, they aren't very useful, and they're quickly replaced by the trike or stego. On Official I completely avoid taming them, which is sad because it's my favorite dino. As a suggestion, I think the Parasaur should have more movement speed in water or faster stamina regen in it, since its Dossier literally says "Parasaurolophus Amphibio" but the poor duckbill doesn't seem to have any affinity for water at all. I mean, it looks like an Amphibious dino, but it just doesn't seem to have anything going for it.

Also, The Mosasaurus looks super derpy. It doesn't look as intimidating or powerful as it should, kinda fat and wrinkly, with tiny flappy limbs.  it's great, but it's so hard to look at. So, maybe a graphic update for the King of the Sea?

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/16/2018 at 10:47 PM, Dalien said:

Suggestion for dinos to improve 
1. Araneo

• can use String Shot like grappling hook by pressing Ctrl to show the crosshair then left click . after that you can press spacebar to swing (like Spiderman)
    • when you use string shot to player/small creatures by pressing "C button" they pull closer to areneo and then when they close the gap of each other, areneo will wrap them until they become cocoon (maybe 20-30 sec to wrap them). only sharp tools and fire weapon can break them free (you can also use a flame arrow or flamethrower but it will hurt the person).
    • on string shot mode after you press Ctrl + left click while you are holding Ctrl just press right click and make a string like a zipline (the string will be 30sec cooldown and auto-decay)
  • ability to climb walls and use a zip line
  • when using web-spray to the enemies to get immobilize 
    • Small - 1 spray
    • Medium - 3 spray
    • Large - 5 spray
  • They can produce silk
  • if this spider becomes OP then maybe change taming method. same  as troodon feeding them using small tamed creatures (dodo, compy, otter, dimorph etc..) making them as cocoon feeding fiesta

2. Onyc

• can use screech attack that makes player/smaller creature confuse  (20 sec)
    • while whistle attack this target on mounted creatures, Onyc will go near to the rider and use screech. the rider will be dismounted and cant ride in 20 seconds debuff
  • make them cling to the ceilings poor guys keep flying
  • a special chest attachment (like glider wing) that  they can cling and rest at your back

3. Oviraptor

• when enable-wandering they have an ability to pick up eggs and put it inside to their inventory
    • egg weight reduction 75%
  • they have pickup range stats to level up(same as light pets emission range)

4.Lymantria

• increase Fart Area of effect
    • if you use a flammable weapon to the fart it explode and burn the area
  • A special attack, death clouds
    • Poison the enemy and Hallucinate

5. Roll Rat

• I like the wolves can sniff buried/stealth creatures. maybe let roll rat can bury underground with rider and passengers. it's more strategically wise for pvp this way

6. Pachyrhinosaurus

• they produce a special pheromone to attract / deaggro dinos so maybe they can also use some special pheromones to reduce the cooldown of females after mating

+1 to all of these ideas! Nice thinking dude. I'd suggest the wild Araneo silk grapple ability (love that one) both slows player movement and lets the araneo reel itself in toward the player to attack. The silk grapple should disconnect on a hit to the Araneo, but that's fine as Araneos have poison, so even one hit from them is troublesome.

This gives the player a skill-based counter - they would have to time their hit on the approaching Araneo to disconnect it before it got a bite in, and that's the kind of thing that makes combat exciting. 

On 2/17/2018 at 2:47 PM, DarkRaptor13 said:

Flyers should be able to swim on/in water. Would be more realistic for most of them (pteranodon diving underwater to grab fishes). Still a problem to be dismounted when close to water or to see your flying tame bugging because it can't land on water when out of stamina...

The Rock Drake can glide and swim, it can jump out of water to fly, flyers could have a similar ability too.

I know that some birds or pteranosaur doesn't look that "great" when swimming (searched it on google...) but they still can swim so why not?

An other thing is the ability to beach for marine creatures. Right now there is corpse of basilo in ragnarok but it could be great to see real basilo, manta or even mosa on beaches, trying to slowly get back in water. Marine creatures could have an oxygen stat when beached. Marine creature should only be able to go forward or back when beached. 

This way, you could attract and trap marine creatures for example. Or go on beach with a mosa, grabbing a prey and getting back in water, jurassic world-style.

Right now ground creatures can easily move on ground and in water, some can also fly , but marine creatures have no way to survive on ground even for a short time and flyers are not able to go in/on water at all.

I like the idea of improving the cross-medium abilities of creatures. Not sure if I agree that flyers can swim, but I'd love to see flyers get a special "pick up from water" move. They could borrow it from the pelican as a fully-automated move or use the pelagornis' splashdown effect with a bounce-back of a few meters whenever the flyer hit water. Add an animation like the bird is avoiding being submerged and it should be fine for all practical gameplay, and it completely replaces the auto-dismount deal we have now (which is totally immersion-breaking). 

47 minutes ago, Milsurp said:

I like the idea of improving the cross-medium abilities of creatures. Not sure if I agree that flyers can swim, but I'd love to see flyers get a special "pick up from water" move. They could borrow it from the pelican as a fully-automated move or use the pelagornis' splashdown effect with a bounce-back of a few meters whenever the flyer hit water. Add an animation like the bird is avoiding being submerged and it should be fine for all practical gameplay, and it completely replaces the auto-dismount deal we have now (which is totally immersion-breaking). 

You're idea is good too ! Not really sure that all flyers can swim too, but pteranodon for sure (diving and floating on the surface, the second one is really funny if you search on google) and eagles can too (more like floating on the surface with their wings fully opened, funny too). 

By giving the swimming ability to flyers and ability to beach to swimmers I think that it will give more option to the game. Like marine creatures jumping and grabbing flyers underwater, Flyers transporting marine creatures outside of water from one lake/river to another for example. And it's more logical as many flyers eat fishes... 

Beelzebufo -  Instead of two torpor attacks, have one torpor attack and one long-reaching tongue grab which yoinks human-sized targets toward himself

Megalania - Replace Megarabies with a venom debuff which affects all targets (or at least all targets up to a medium size) but is not contagious.

Kaprosuchus - I think that in a PvP setting he's a good assassin, but from a PvE perspective he doesn't seem to have much of a purpose. Maybe give him some sort of specialized harvesting?

2 hours ago, Martellus said:

Raptor TLC looks really cool. Not much of a fan for the feathers on the arms. My suggestion is to either remove the feathers from the forearms or make them go all the way up to the shoulder. The rest of the animal looks fantastic. 

Cheers!

Agreed. The feathers should definitely go up to the shoulder. Also it’d be cool if there were sexual dimorphism between the male and female, with the females not having feathers. Maybe do something similar with the compy

What about adding some larger trees with limbs you can perch on while riding a bird. They have large unharvestable trees in the redwoods so having some in the normal forests would be good for this. And make it so that wild birds will perch from time to time.

Also fixing the crash issue with ragnarok viking bay would be great.

14 hours ago, Lockjaw said:

Beelzebufo -  Instead of two torpor attacks, have one torpor attack and one long-reaching tongue grab which yoinks human-sized targets toward himself

Megalania - Replace Megarabies with a venom debuff which affects all targets (or at least all targets up to a medium size) but is not contagious.

Kaprosuchus - I think that in a PvP setting he's a good assassin, but from a PvE perspective he doesn't seem to have much of a purpose. Maybe give him some sort of specialized harvesting?

I don't think anything should be changed based on pve, afterall, pve is just the real game with loads of things disabled to give new or casual players a "safe space"  

I still strongly believe that the Pteranodon should be remodeled like this:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1302514684

Since you featured it I think you should really take it!

You could give it a dive-bomb attack of sorts or a pecking attack, I don't really know what you could add to this creature but please do something to it ability-wise so that it doesn't look like another useless creature only for beginners. Pteranodon Longiceps deserves mauch more respect than you are giving it credit for. On that note... I beg you take away that weird 5th finger, and remodel that weird wing please! It is so small and puny!!

Or you can rename it and call it "CAULKICEPHALUS" as it has big teeth and a crest, aslo cuz its my favorite ptero. (also remodel wings, maybe larger teeth and two spoon-ish bumps)

So if you want an idea of were to start look at this picture and get the team to remodel it, or start over if need be!MktDOWZQsauH3bDTGe6p_caulkicephalus.jpg

4 hours ago, TheRealSnek said:

Agreed. The feathers should definitely go up to the shoulder. Also it’d be cool if there were sexual dimorphism between the male and female, with the females not having feathers. Maybe do something similar with the compy

I don't think so, a color difference would be better.

Although feather and none-feather could be options?

5 hours ago, TheRealSnek said:

We pretty much conclusively know that all raptor species had full body feathers, so it'd be neato if they were completely covered in them

1 hour ago, SpecTimsauru5 said:

I still strongly believe that the Pteranodon should be remodeled like this:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1302514684

Since you featured it I think you should really take it!

You could give it a dive-bomb attack of sorts or a pecking attack, I don't really know what you could add to this creature but please do something to it ability-wise so that it doesn't look like another useless creature only for beginners. Pteranodon Longiceps deserves mauch more respect than you are giving it credit for. On that note... I beg you take away that weird 5th finger, and remodel that weird wing please! It is so small and puny!!

Or you can rename it and call it "CAULKICEPHALUS" as it has big teeth and a crest, aslo cuz its my favorite ptero. (also remodel wings, maybe larger teeth and two spoon-ish bumps)

So if you want an idea of were to start look at this picture and get the team to remodel it, or start over if need be!MktDOWZQsauH3bDTGe6p_caulkicephalus.jpg

pteranodon means toothless beak. Realistically, its body wouldn't be capable of a dive bomb, but it wouldn't be able to support the weight of a person either. Anyway, it does need a remodel, take away the teeth, make the wings rounded as they would be in real life, and make them a longer finger like IRL, not hand separate from it. That picture is neat, but not very close. The hair like structures are good though

41 minutes ago, SubtendedCrib8 said:

pteranodon means toothless beak. Realistically, its body wouldn't be capable of a dive bomb, but it wouldn't be able to support the weight of a person either. Anyway, it does need a remodel, take away the teeth, make the wings rounded as they would be in real life, and make them a longer finger like IRL, not hand separate from it. That picture is neat, but not very close. The hair like structures are good though

oh this is caulkicephalus, an ornithocheirid that I would like to see in-game (cuz its my fave)

this is pteranodon:

Pteranodon longiceps

yeap! this is in the most serious case of desperation for TLC, or this is a case of Identity Crisis within a game. *shrug*

On 2/19/2018 at 9:47 AM, DarkRaptor13 said:

You're idea is good too ! Not really sure that all flyers can swim too, but pteranodon for sure (diving and floating on the surface, the second one is really funny if you search on google) and eagles can too (more like floating on the surface with their wings fully opened, funny too). 

By giving the swimming ability to flyers and ability to beach to swimmers I think that it will give more option to the game. Like marine creatures jumping and grabbing flyers underwater, Flyers transporting marine creatures outside of water from one lake/river to another for example. And it's more logical as many flyers eat fishes... 

I like were you both are heading! 2 heads are better than none.

also I do thing pterosaurs should pick up things...with their mouth instead.

On 12/19/2017 at 4:30 AM, DarthaNyan said:

Updating models is always good, but enhancing functionality of old creatures would also be appreciated:

1. Pachy - needs rhino's charge gauge and ability to turn during charge.

2. Scorpions

3. Arthropluera - needs to get way less derpy in turret mode, faster rate of fire, faster projectile/longer range.

4. Araneos - need grappling hook ability by shooting a string of web (ARK needs its own Spider(wo)men!), ability to walk on ziplines both ways, maybe even ability to make temporal short zip line from grappling hook web (or instead of grappling hook web).

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!

• Jatheish locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived