Dino TLC: Feedback! Suggestions?

Jatheish

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gallimimus - Quite easily one of the more useless dinos, especially as you now have a number more multi-person transport mounts with better utility then the Gallimimus.

Speed - Gallimimus have really great baseline speed (There are a few competitors, and it is no longer the fastest ground mount with the Rock Drake in place), but they have terrible scaling, to the point that numerous other dinos beat it when it comes to speed scaling.

Turning - Gallimimus have among the WORST turning capability in the entire game, even worse then a number of the larger dinos. For a small 2 legged dino, this just doesn't make sense.

Carryin Capacity - Gallimimus has really low carry weight for a multi-transport dino, which further slows it down, and lends it to only light scouting, or hit-n-run works. Even then, its piss-poor turning makes it bad at that even.

Defense - Diplo's have a poopting ton of HP to burn through, Roos can kick poop into orbit, Pachy's have their stealth and fighting capacity, Tapejara's can fly, and have a decent melee at that. Gallimimus can ONLY run.

Saddle - The Gallimimus saddle, with it being a straight Passenger:Driver:Passenger, does not lend well to kiting and shooting.

Taming - Gallimimus is a pain in the ass to time, with an extremely fast torpor timer, a very low health:torpor ratio, requiring Dimetrodon kibble, ect.

So the Gallimimus could REALLY use some improvements. Here are my suggestions.

Speed - Gallimimus no longer uses Stamina to run, akin to the Iguanodon. The driver can right-click to give the Gallimimus a temporary 30% speed boost, in exchange for using up, lets say 300 stamina.

Turning - Gallimimus should be able to turn around with almost no movement involved. Think Direbear turning style.

Carrying Capacity - Gallimimus is frail, and shouldn't have too high of a carrying capacity. However, I vote for the Gallimimus to only have 1/5th the weight of its passenger's, rather then the full amount.

Defense - It does make sense for the Gallimimus to not be able to attack. However, notice its lithe, stick-like figure? From a distance, it might look like an odd tree if you look at it cross-eyed. I vote that Gallimimus have a natural "Ghillie" effect, in which creatures don't aggro onto the Gallimimus until they are REALLY close up.

Saddle - I vote for the Saddle to position itself in a Triangle rather then the current line. Think of the top of the Triangle being at the Galli's head, where the Driver is, with the other 2 points being on each side of it's legs, where the passengers are. Thus, both passengers can shoot things behind the Gallimimus, and target most of the front. They just can't cover both sides.

Taming - If the Gallimimus gets all of the above changes, it becomes a very good transport and scouting dino, thus worth the annoying taming effort.

Here are some more of my suggestions (along with some of them summed up)

The toad should be able to deal torpor damage when creatures attack it due to its toxic skin

Dino’s that can’t gather berries like megaloceros and doedicurus should be able to gather berries for food

The raptor should get a remodel and maybe some sort of new attack like a kick, and a pack buff

para should have a honk ability that buffs small theropods like raptors and troodons and give a temporary speed boost. The base speed should also be improved slightly so the tamed ones are the same speed as the wild ones

The direwolf’s howl should also buff hyenas

Dimetrodon is way too hard to tame with such little use. They need to be improved dramatically 

one of the things that drives me away from Dino’s like the chalico, Trike, and pachyrhinosaurus is that they have poor stamina and speed. I think that a slight increase in speed and stamina for these Dino’s would make the game a lot more balanced 

Also, Can we get a player model TLC? I honestly feel that a lot of the animations for the players are kinda unrealistic.

5 minutes ago, Frogspoison said:

Gallimimus - Quite easily one of the more useless dinos, especially as you now have a number more multi-person transport mounts with better utility then the Gallimimus.

Speed - Gallimimus have really great baseline speed (There are a few competitors, and it is no longer the fastest ground mount with the Rock Drake in place), but they have terrible scaling, to the point that numerous other dinos beat it when it comes to speed scaling.

Turning - Gallimimus have among the WORST turning capability in the entire game, even worse then a number of the larger dinos. For a small 2 legged dino, this just doesn't make sense.

Carryin Capacity - Gallimimus has really low carry weight for a multi-transport dino, which further slows it down, and lends it to only light scouting, or hit-n-run works. Even then, its piss-poor turning makes it bad at that even.

Defense - Diplo's have a poopting ton of HP to burn through, Roos can kick poop into orbit, Pachy's have their stealth and fighting capacity, Tapejara's can fly, and have a decent melee at that. Gallimimus can ONLY run.

Saddle - The Gallimimus saddle, with it being a straight Passenger:Driver:Passenger, does not lend well to kiting and shooting.

Taming - Gallimimus is a pain in the ass to time, with an extremely fast torpor timer, a very low health:torpor ratio, requiring Dimetrodon kibble, ect.

So the Gallimimus could REALLY use some improvements. Here are my suggestions.

Speed - Gallimimus no longer uses Stamina to run, akin to the Iguanodon. The driver can right-click to give the Gallimimus a temporary 30% speed boost, in exchange for using up, lets say 300 stamina.

Turning - Gallimimus should be able to turn around with almost no movement involved. Think Direbear turning style.

Carrying Capacity - Gallimimus is frail, and shouldn't have too high of a carrying capacity. However, I vote for the Gallimimus to only have 1/5th the weight of its passenger's, rather then the full amount.

Defense - It does make sense for the Gallimimus to not be able to attack. However, notice its lithe, stick-like figure? From a distance, it might look like an odd tree if you look at it cross-eyed. I vote that Gallimimus have a natural "Ghillie" effect, in which creatures don't aggro onto the Gallimimus until they are REALLY close up.

Saddle - I vote for the Saddle to position itself in a Triangle rather then the current line. Think of the top of the Triangle being at the Galli's head, where the Driver is, with the other 2 points being on each side of it's legs, where the passengers are. Thus, both passengers can shoot things behind the Gallimimus, and target most of the front. They just can't cover both sides.

Taming - If the Gallimimus gets all of the above changes, it becomes a very good transport and scouting dino, thus worth the annoying taming effort.

I agree with a lot of ur ideas, however I have some suggestions

im not too big of a fan of the idea of the ghille effect. It makes it too similar to the pachyrhinosaurus

i still think it’s kibble should be changed, and it should still be easier to tame

one more idea is that it reduces the weight of guns, armor and weapons in its inventory 

everything else I 100% agree with

Suggestion: Parasaur TLC.                                                        (I have a lot of ideas and might get a bit complicated around the end)               

It is so aggravating getting your passive tames destroyed, when survivors sneak around your base unknowably and most importantly that stupid little dilo that keeps on harassing your passives as well, but there is a creature in mind that could help with this. The parasaur is the creature in Ark that's mostly used by beach noobs to get around (little do they know their movement speed is probably faster than their parasaurs) or to maybe gather berries very early game. These are pretty much it's only useful features and is outclassed by all other creatures at it's stage too (even the phiomia). I think the parasaur DESERVES TLC to keep it on par with old\new dinos at it's stage by giving it useful features\abilities and it being part of the first 50 dinos in ealy access, it's one of the creatures that deserve TLC the most besides the reason I mentioned before.

My suggetions:        

•New model and animations---Being apart of the first 50 means it was probably one of the first dinos ever created. Since then the ark devs have (in my opinion) tripled their quality of making dinos e.g. THYLA :Jerblove:, yuty and other TLC dinos, the parasur should be updated to match the quality of the exampled creatures because reasons I mentioned before^^^ (I also think the sounds should not be changed because they're very unique:Jerbfat:)

•Faster movement speed---I don't see why not, plus in the wild they run faster then they do when tamed. I suggest making a sprinting animation where it runs on all fours similiar to the iguanadon but have the parasur lose stam and make it not like iguanadons quad stance where it needs to be toggled t(this would be the similiar to the megatherium when it walks bipeidaly and sprints quadrapedly). This would make sense as other species similiar to the parasaur and itself mostly walked on all fours. I do get the parasaur in game is a different version of the real life one but this suggested animation would make it so cool:Jerblove:.

•A new saddle---just saying, it would be nice ?.

•Alarm\Alert system---I think this dino would be perfect for this role, as many other survivors have suggested. My suggestion for how it would work is to have it like into a turret mode were it stands still and has a ajustable circumfrance in which stuff happens (such as a dino being attacked or shot at) the parasur will boom as lound as it's horn can make it and keep on doing so until it is stopped by the survivor (owner) or killed. It could be stopped by the conflict being resolved. The circumference can be expanded or shortened depending on the size of the area you want to be survailanced. Because if you got the circumference over a large area, and something gets attaked in it, it's gonna be hard to pinpoint exactly where the trouble is. A suggestion for this situation is where the parasaur faces and booms at where the conflict is being provoked from (looking at the survivor or dino attacking your stuff---e.g. dinos and structurs), or what is\was being attacked (looking at where your base got broken into or at your dino being attacked). So basically what I'm trying to say here is that the parasaur could either look at the things attacking (e.g.looking at the player shooting the wyvern) or look at the thing being attacked (e.g.looking at the wyvern being shot by the player). That somes up the facing feature and would be convenient for survailing large areas. A strategy without the facing feature is to have a bunch of parasaurs scattered in an area with a lower circumference so when one goes off (booms) you can pinpoint exactly where\very close to where the conflict is (if you get what i mean). I just want to add when the parasaur is attacked it will boom aswell.

•Optional for alarm\alert system---Have a option for things to change from passive to attack target when parasaur is booming at something (e.g. dimorphs that have an option to change from passive to attack target when the parasaur is booming. The dimorphs will attack whatever the parasaur is booming at.). This would work really well with one of the facing options I mentioned before and could help protect your base while offline. Once the conflict is resolved the creatures would revert back to passive and have them following something so they can return to their original spot.

---Chain reaction---If you have, say for example a small base with valuebles far away from your main base. You could set up a line of parasaurs that are in each others circumference from your main base to your small base and when a parasaur at your small base booms, it would send a chain of booms from each parasaur to your main base to alert the you. This has a drawback though. If, for example, the parasaur thats halfway up the line gets attacked by a dilo it would still set off the chain reaction, causing a false alarm because one of the parasaurs where attacked. Not your small base.

---What it looks like when using the alert boom---It would be cool if the parasaur stood tall and boomed. It would stay in this posture until the survivor orders it to stop or when the conflict is resolved. 

On 2/4/2018 at 10:33 PM, DromaeoSapiens said:

Alright! Let's get to it, it's gonna be a doozy. One note though is that I've never actually tamed a Megalania, scorpion, or eel/electrophorus, so everything I know of the these creatures is based off what I've read on the wiki and forums and what I've seen in videos. Any and all critics are welcome. 

The first is the Carno, everybody's favorite devil child. It’s got “bull” in its name, so let’s make it act like one.

• Rider Weaponry
  • An overall base speed increase
  • The model: As many people seem to agree, a few rows of osteoderms running down its spine from head to tail would absolutely add some aesthetic appeal as the current model looks a bit flat. The legs could be a bit longer to reflect the running affinity many of us think it should have. As for the arms, it seems most people want them to be larger, however I strongly disagree with this as arms are totally overrated and who needs them when you can just bash into things with your face. Plus, giving it bigger arms would just go against what help makes a Carno a Carno (they're weird and I love it), which leads me into...
  • Animation: I just have one main request if you guys decide to give it a roar, that the Carno will Flap it's Little Arms in Utter Anger and Fury!  to fill its enemies with glorious fear. >:)
  • Attacks: I would grant the Carno more than simply a weaker version of the Rhino's charge. Instead, the Carno could be gifted with two differing charge attacks activated independently from its normal sprint. However, both charges would have a momentum build-up similar to that of the Rhino's with a fairly poor turning radius. You guys can choose which one, but I would love to see both.
    • Grazing Gore: During this charge, the Carno will shove other creatures up to a certain drag weight or size out of the way, inflicting 40-42 base peripheral damage. After about ~30-50% and higher of its maximum speed is built up the Carno's secondary gore attack (right click) can be used to slam into larger creatures with its horns for considerable to decent knock-back and about 52 (or more) base damage. However, doing this could inflict some recoil damage (percentage is up to you) as well as halting the Carno's movement where it stands. This could also potentially cause a brief stun (similar to Purlovia, but shorter perhaps).
    • Hole Puncher: During this charge, the Carno will instead use its primary attack (left click) to use its mouth and slam into a target. This attack will inflict ~48-55 base damage as well as a 2-2.5 second (or more) bleed effect that will slow the target, draining minor health and stamina. This charge would cause increased recoil damage, as well as halt the Carno's movement.
  • Abilities: I would also love to see both of these added, but again it’s up to the team.
    • Runner’s High (active buff):  When sprinting or charging, the Carno’s roar would grant the Runner’s High buff. This roughly 30 second buff will decrease stamina consumption over its duration. After the buff expires, the Carno gains the “Hangover” de-buff similar to the one after drinking a beer jar with similar effects.
    • Devil’s Deal (passive buff):  When the Carno’s maximum health drops below about 30% (for example), its attack speed increases noticeably, its damage increases fairly (nothing crazy), and its turning radius decreases noticeably. However, there could be a cooldown afterwards before the Carno can begin regenerating its health again.

• Carnotaurus Tek Saddle a.k.a. The Morning Star: Equip a Carnotaurus with this to ride it. Morn'n Sunshine!
    • Morning star- a club with a heavy spiked head -Yup, that sounds about right.
    • Tek Engram unlocked after defeating medium/Beta Manticore on Scorched Earth
      • Appearance: This fancy saddle would sport a single retractable plasma gun atop the Carno's head between the horns. But wait there's more, the Carno's horns would be encased with a plasma blade/horn extending beyond each horn. Furthermore, the saddle is equipped with 4 large, retractable plasma blades. Two blades extend downward from the torso/chest area at about a 100-degree angle from the shoulders. The other two blades would extend upwards just before the hips at the same angle from the side of the body.       It would look kind of like a star from the front.
      • Functionality: Similar to the Tek sword, the blades on the head and body could also require Element in the inventory to be visible. Can be colored.
        • When equipped, the saddle enables an upgraded version of the “Grazing Gore” charge described above at the cost of Element. During this “Tek Charge”, the 4 body blades extend outwards for increased peripheral damage and AOE, as well as tree and rock destruction. The secondary (right click) gore trades its knock-back and/or stun for noticeably increased damage, as well as increased recoil that could kill the Carno itself if on very low health.
        • This upgraded charge could also damage structures moderately as well as Tek force fields and Tek gates.
        • The left click “Hole Puncher” charge gains no additional benefits with the Tek saddle.

The Megalania: I haven't got as much to say about this fella since I've never actually messed with one, so everything I know is from the wiki and videos.

While its venom could pose a hazard to a player on foot, the Megalaina's slow running, very poor raw damage output, and inability to infect any other creature (excluding dodos), severely limits its potential in both Multi- and Singleplayer since it can't really fight back and can barely escape. Furthermore, the current limitations of its venom renders it relatively harmless as a wild creature and as a mount in both PvE/Singleplayer and PvP if a enemy player is riding nearly any mount. As another nail in the coffin, the addition of the Rock Drake and its abilities has likely caused it to be sidelined in favor of its giant feathery counterpart.

• Potentially a mildly increased running & swimming (I hear it's pretty sluggish), it doesn't have to be a speed demon.
  • Kaprosuchus, Pteranodon, and the Tapejara can no longer pick up and carry the Megalania if this true (please keep in mind I'm going off the Wiki.)
  • The main change I think would greatly benefit the Megalania without being too overpowered would be a change in the capabilities of Megarabies-
  • Magalania, The Mammal Hunter: I want to propose the ability for the Megalania to infect Ark's mammalian mounts. Though a few changes to the venom would have to be made to make it worth anything and also to not make it overpowered and potentially abusive:
    • The effect cannot stack.
    • Mounts can be force-fed Lesser Antidotes to cure disease.
    • The affect cannot be transmitted from mount-to-mount, nor from mount-to-player/rider.
    • Due to the much larger health-pool of many mammalian mounts in Ark as opposed to the player's comparatively tiny health pool, the Magerabies's duration against other creatures would need to be increased to be practical and useful (not too long though). However, the duration against players would remain in its current state.

Now, I imagine that some players in multiplayer (PvP and PvE) might be thinking that this would still be too overpowered and unbalanced. But hear me out, it might not be as bad as you think.

• Mammals only make up a fraction of the creatures/mounts in Ark. To the very large majority of non-mammal mounts, a bite from a Megalania wouldn't be much more than a nibble. They could also serve as guards for your mammal tames since they're immune.
  • The Megalania's slow speed would mean that a player riding a Megalania probably won't see much success in just waltzing up to someone from far away (i.e. your target would have enough time to see you and react).
  • Most mammals in Ark easily have the speed to either run away and leave the Megalania in the dust, or stay and run circles around them with low risk of being bitten. Just don't get too cocky.
  • Many mammal mounts also had the damage output to potentially kill the Megalania outright, preventing a future threat for the time being. Of course, you do risk being bitten.
  • There are also certain mammals in Ark that can serve as hard counters to the Megalania:
    • Procoptodon: (They were even neighbors back in the day) The Procoptodon's upcoming "kick" attack could keep a Megalania at a safer distance, and the person in the pouch can shoot at it as well. Plus, one good hop away and you're as good as gone.
    • Chalicotherium: The rock-throw can fight off and even kill a Megalania from a safer distance. It also has enough speed to keep that distance if they choose to stand and fight.
    • Daeodon: The ally healing ability this creature has could circumvent or at least partially mitigate the effects of the venom and heal whatever was lost afterwards.
    • Packs of any kind: Being in a pack of wolves or even bears could be a potential death sentence for someone on a Megalania looking for a target. Safety in numbers.

The above would encourage strategic use of the Megalania; choosing ambush locations, having an escape route planned, and choosing your targets carefully to way the risks and dangers.

Scorpion and the Elecrophorus (eel):

I've lumped these two fellas together because I don't have too much to say about these guys, and the ideas I had for them both involved a possible secondary use for... Biotoxin! :o;)

• Pulmonoscorpius or the Scorpion:
    • A separation of the sting and pinch attacks that many people seem to want would be beneficial.
    • Involving the biotoxin, what I think might be an interesting feature for the scorpion would be a narcotic/venom supply stat similar to the oxygen stat for the Diplocaulus, and the water supply for the Morellatops.
      • Can be leveled up, but requires the investment of a fair amount of levels to be significant.
      • Force feeding a Scorpion narcoberries (lowest), narcotics (medium), or biotoxin (highest) would replenish this supply.
    • Alternatively, instead of a venom supply, force feeding a Scorpion biotoxin could in a sense "supercharge" the stings and the amount of torpor they do for a limited time (5 min maybe).
      • However, it should require more than just one biotoxin, the exact amount is up to you guys.
  • Electrophorus/eel:
    • A radial menu setting to only use its secondary "shock" ability on a target for tamed eels.
    • Whether the shock attack inflicts torpor or only slows the target down for a clean shot from a harpoon, I think it would be interesting if the Eel used biotoxin as a fuel source to power its shock.
      • A player can stock their Eels with large supplies of biotoxin in the creature's inventory beforehand to fuel their attacks. The biotoxin could be burned at a similar rate to wood in a campfire, or as long as gasoline.

That's all I can pull out of my skull for right now, so for now I bid you all a happy farewell. ^_^

•  

Megalania doesn't need changes imo. Strong stats for a small dino. It's climbing gives it a strong utility.

23 minutes ago, Frogspoison said:

Megalania doesn't need changes imo. Strong stats for a small dino. It's climbing gives it a strong utility.

The megalania lizard aids needs to affect more than just humans IMO

28 minutes ago, Frogspoison said:

The first is the Carno, everybody's favorite devil child. It’s got “bull” in its name, so let’s make it act like one

I'm guessing you mean like a ram or using it's horns more. The problem with this is IRL carno's horns were most likely used for show, as well as having relatively weak neck muscles as it was built for speed, like a cheetah, so its headbutt currently wouldn't be possible

1 hour ago, Scaroleo85 said:

Suggestion: Parasaur TLC.                                                        (I have a lot of ideas and might get a bit complicated around the end)               

<snip for space>

I support all of this, but I really think the parasaur needs speeding up and a special sprint ability and probably not the all-fours feature. Have the movement speed increase be significant per point, and give it your recommended 30% extra speed with the special ability at the cost of burning stamina very quickly - 2x the rate or something. That should do it very well.

I feel like everyone is forgetting all ark creatures are genetically modified creatures and not the normal realistic creatures. Which is why some of them are much larger or much smaller than their actual counterparts(Devs made them that way so they can more freely give them abilities and stuff). Keep that in mind when making all the cool suggestions guys :)

I get that, good idea ?.

27 minutes ago, Milsurp said:

I support all of this, but I really think the parasaur needs speeding up and a special sprint ability and probably not the all-fours feature. Have the movement speed increase be significant per point, and give it your recommended 30% extra speed with the special ability at the cost of burning stamina very quickly - 2x the rate or something. That should do it very well.

I have no idea if this has already been posted by me but it comes up when I hit "reply" so here we go. Also added some more :P

The Rex eyes look very weird, too high up and too small. It just had its first facelift but looks like it had the tenth. The run animation looks like it's suffereing from a severe hip disease, really feel sorry for them :( and the turn animation when running left or right, it's turning its head too much, too reactive, reminds me a lot of those snake toys that were made out of links. And I'd love to have its old/original roar back (from way back last year), why was that even changed? It was amazing, now... not so much.

I'm pretty happy with the other new looks and abilities, it always bothered me how the Wolves looked like plastic toys and I love the alpha howl, also gj on adding Bears and Apes to Aberration, that's where I thought we'd need them most with the new abilities. Also love Procoptodon, that aimed jump is just insane and very fun to use :) babies in pouch are adorable, except anky. Ouch lol.

Triceratops would be something for a future redo. While its size and looks seem good to me, it's more or less a early game berry gatherer and meat source. It's too slow with too little stamina and alltogether rather something that would be pushed into the hind corner of the egg farm as soon as one can get hands on better/faster gatherers for the respective resources. A real Rex would have considered twice before attacking a Trike. They were one of the fiercest and toughest herbivores, able to defend and do heavy damage to - if not kill -  any large predator. Thus the Triceratops should have increasing move speed like a Bear and when hitting a target at full speed, do twice or triple damage. Also more stamina for those berry runs, reduced weight on crops and berries and more health/damage reduction. Right now they're more of a snack.

Megalosaurus needs a "boost" too. Maybe it is of some use on PvP as it is now, on PvE it's only good to lay eggs, which is extremely sad seeing how amazing it is on Aberration. It can still be weaker during daytime, but the constant need for sleep makes it pretty useless on other maps.

Gallmimius, okay it has passenger seats but apart from that, idk, it's only fast and that's it, never seen anyone actually use it for anything but laying eggs. With the quick torpor depletion it's not quite one of the easy tames, so it should be more worth it.

Agreed also on Quetzal and Megalodon, they were fearsome predators back in their time, now we have a fat ugly bird and a senile Great White. The Quetzal should stand up rather than crawl and even have more attack power (but as the latter probably won't come without yet another nerf on another stat just let it be, it's suffered enough already -.-), the Megalodon should be bigger, stronger alltogether and maybe get a buff when it has killed (similar to Megatherium but not as extreme and long) or an ability to detect other creatures or creatures with less than full health (sharks can smell blood very well).

Megalania seems to be THE cave creature to get around, I'm surprised it's not on Aberration, same goes for Thyla but the latter might upstage some of the new creatures there, not sure about Megalania.

General game suggestion (yet dino related, kinda), PLEASE redo the kibble system already. Pretty much all PvE officials are capped and probably half of the dinos are otherwise useless egg layers. Opening new servers or decreasing tribe tame limit won't be a forever solution as long as there's need for countless dinos that just lay eggs. De-nerf mutton so it's a real kibble substitute for carnivores again, add honey or veggie cake as a kibble substitute for herbivores, make babies only want their species' favorite kibble for imprint (like scorpion for Rexes, snake for Thyla etc) and make more dinos prefer the same kibble, preferably of dinos that are actually used like Anky, Rex, Therizino etc. Make wild dinos lay significantly more eggs so they can be found in the wild (which may even be fun to hunt for) and/or add a certain chance of female wild ones lay an egg when killed.

1 hour ago, SherlockHunter said:

I feel like everyone is forgetting all ark creatures are genetically modified creatures and not the normal realistic creatures. Which is why some of them are much larger or much smaller than their actual counterparts(Devs made them that way so they can more freely give them abilities and stuff). Keep that in mind when making all the cool suggestions guys :)

Ok, but I feel like you're forgetting that wasn't what was advertised on the box, so it's not really relevant to my expectations. I seriously just want Dinosaur Island Survival - The Game. it's fine if the sizes are enlarged because weird glowy crystals, but for the rest (aliens, experiment, ascension, blah blah) I couldn't care less.

They got me to buy the game with two words - Dinosaur and Survival. All the rest is the devs creating their own headcanon that that stuff actually matters to players. 

Now by contrast, I think the Aberration map is a great place for all the alien stuff. They should take the alien stuff out of the regular maps and the canon dinos out of Aberration and just do Alien Cave Survival for all of those ideas. That'd be quite fine with me, I'd probably put the money down to buy Aberration. I just have no use for the mix of dinosaurs and aliens at all.    

20 minutes ago, Milsurp said:

Ok, but I feel like you're forgetting that wasn't what was advertised on the box, so it's not really relevant to my expectations. I seriously just want Dinosaur Island Survival - The Game. it's fine if the sizes are enlarged because weird glowy crystals, but for the rest (aliens, experiment, ascension, blah blah) I couldn't care less.

They got me to buy the game with two words - Dinosaur and Survival. All the rest is the devs creating their own headcanon that that stuff actually matters to players. 

Now by contrast, I think the Aberration map is a great place for all the alien stuff. They should take the alien stuff out of the regular maps and the canon dinos out of Aberration and just do Alien Cave Survival for all of those ideas. That'd be quite fine with me, I'd probably put the money down to buy Aberration. I just have no use for the mix of dinosaurs and aliens at all.    

i'm like, 99% sure that it's not the Dev's head cannon when they make it, y'know, Cannon.

Suggestion for dinos to improve 
1. Araneo

• can use String Shot like grappling hook by pressing Ctrl to show the crosshair then left click . after that you can press spacebar to swing (like Spiderman)
    • when you use string shot to player/small creatures by pressing "C button" they pull closer to areneo and then when they close the gap of each other, areneo will wrap them until they become cocoon (maybe 20-30 sec to wrap them). only sharp tools and fire weapon can break them free (you can also use a flame arrow or flamethrower but it will hurt the person).
    • on string shot mode after you press Ctrl + left click while you are holding Ctrl just press right click and make a string like a zipline (the string will be 30sec cooldown and auto-decay)
  • ability to climb walls and use a zip line
  • when using web-spray to the enemies to get immobilize 
    • Small - 1 spray
    • Medium - 3 spray
    • Large - 5 spray
  • They can produce silk
  • if this spider becomes OP then maybe change taming method. same  as troodon feeding them using small tamed creatures (dodo, compy, otter, dimorph etc..) making them as cocoon feeding fiesta

2. Onyc

• can use screech attack that makes player/smaller creature confuse  (20 sec)
    • while whistle attack this target on mounted creatures, Onyc will go near to the rider and use screech. the rider will be dismounted and cant ride in 20 seconds debuff
  • make them cling to the ceilings poor guys keep flying
  • a special chest attachment (like glider wing) that  they can cling and rest at your back

3. Oviraptor

• when enable-wandering they have an ability to pick up eggs and put it inside to their inventory
    • egg weight reduction 75%
  • they have pickup range stats to level up(same as light pets emission range)

4.Lymantria

• increase Fart Area of effect
    • if you use a flammable weapon to the fart it explode and burn the area
  • A special attack, death clouds
    • Poison the enemy and Hallucinate

5. Roll Rat

• I like the wolves can sniff buried/stealth creatures. maybe let roll rat can bury underground with rider and passengers. it's more strategically wise for pvp this way

6. Pachyrhinosaurus

• they produce a special pheromone to attract / deaggro dinos so maybe they can also use some special pheromones to reduce the cooldown of females after mating

Flyers should be able to swim on/in water. Would be more realistic for most of them (pteranodon diving underwater to grab fishes). Still a problem to be dismounted when close to water or to see your flying tame bugging because it can't land on water when out of stamina...

The Rock Drake can glide and swim, it can jump out of water to fly, flyers could have a similar ability too.

I know that some birds or pteranosaur doesn't look that "great" when swimming (searched it on google...) but they still can swim so why not?

An other thing is the ability to beach for marine creatures. Right now there is corpse of basilo in ragnarok but it could be great to see real basilo, manta or even mosa on beaches, trying to slowly get back in water. Marine creatures could have an oxygen stat when beached. Marine creature should only be able to go forward or back when beached. 

This way, you could attract and trap marine creatures for example. Or go on beach with a mosa, grabbing a prey and getting back in water, jurassic world-style.

Right now ground creatures can easily move on ground and in water, some can also fly , but marine creatures have no way to survive on ground even for a short time and flyers are not able to go in/on water at all.

I couldn't begin to express my joy when I heard about the Dino TLC. The devs at Studio Wildcard have done it again is showing how much they care and want to give us the best experience as possible with ARK!

If I could make an suggestion for a couple of Dinosaurs to be included in the update, I'd suggest the Trike, the Pachy, and the Pachyrhino.

The Trike came to mind, because one thing I never liked was how small its model is. I'd suggest giving it a bigger, more smooth looking model. Nothing TOO big or fancy, but a bit more realistic, since that seems what the TLC's aim is for the creatures it's affecting. Triceratops was one of the largest of the horned Dinosaurs, and when I run into Trikes in my adventures on the island, I expect to seem them in epic fights with T-Rex, their arch enemies!

Much like the Trike, I felt like the Pachys are too small. Fossil records show that most Pachycepholosaurai could be as tall as a person. I'd also recommend giving it a buff of allowing players to steer and control when they use its charge attack. It's really tedious having to stop and turn around mid-charge and be locked with no maneuverability. See if you can change that if you please?

The Pachyrhino I feel is okay as is model-wise, but there's a small glitch it and the Trike share. Whenever they move their eyes around, some pixels appear and spike out around the bottom corners of the frills on the back of their heads. It's VERY distracting. If you had to change the model to correct this error, however, my suggestion is that it be given a more bruising look to it. Not as tough as the Triceratops, mind you, but still something you wouldn't want to face unless you were prepared.

Other than that, keep up the good work, everyone at Studio Wildcard! I can't wait to see what else you have planned for us in the Dino TLC!

I think one of the reworks should be a berry weight reduction on maybe the Parasaur, Trike, or Stego, this would give those dinos a nice specialty over the later game versions so they still have a purpose late game.

Moschops, has the harvest prime fish feature but does not do so, in any way.

The Sabertooth could use a rework visually and how about giving them the zipline ride ability, Ravagers have the weight reduction and pack bonus to keep them relevant even with another dino in the same class type having the ride ability, and would give the Saber a bit more popularity compared to the Direwolf and Ravager.

Pulmonoscorpias (Scorpion) TLC suggestion:

The scorpion has never catched my eye other than it being a giant, 8-legged monstrosity. Its only use is using it as a kibble dino for taming rexes. You could argue that you could use the scorpions torpor inducing attacks to knock something out, but survivors are able to craft tranq ammos (e.g. Tranq arrow/dart) that do the job easier, that are more time efficient to get/craft and, most important, have a significantly higher chance of knocking out your target other than the scorpion. Plus, if a survivor wanted to use a pack of scorpians to attack certain things, there are heaps of better pack options to use such as raptors (easier to tame, much faster, better stamina and probably even higher dps). I would even choose a single raptor over a single scorpion. The scorpion is just outclassed by new; even old dinos that came with it in early access and is one of those creatures that just gets skipped over and forgotten (e.g. Pachy,terror bird and even the other pachy (pachyrinosaurus). The reason why I think the Pulmonoscorpias should get TLC because of how useless it is (mentioned before), how it gets skipped over or forgotten by survivors leveling up and it was also apart of the first 50 (devs have come along way since working on those creatures)

My suggestions:

•New model,animations and sounds---The scorpion is one of the creatures that definitely needs some TLC by giving it some new animations and a new model. I do not just suggest making it bigger, I recommend it. Plus, also making It a bit longer and making the chiten shell not as smooth would make it look so menacing :Jerblove:. A reason for making bigger would be so the tail doesn't go through the survivor riding it when attacking something ;). There is also another reason why I suggested it to be bigger (get to this later).

•Scorpion venom---Tamed scorpions passively produce this and can be obtained by wild ones by accessing their inventory and takeing the venom once killed, or just by harvesting a scorpions corpse will give the survivor the item. It can be used as a replacement for narcoberries for crafting narcotics e.g. narcotics cost 1 scorp venom and one spoiled meat, or (as another option besides replacing narcoberries for making narcotics) the scorp venom can be used to make stronger narcotic ammos (scorp venom dart) like the bio toxin with the shocking tranq dart but the scorp venom can be used on arrows aswell. The amount of torpor the scorp venom tranqs inflict is inbetween regular narcotic tranqs (except scorp venom tranq arrows aren't as good as the regualar narcotic darts) and the shocking darts. Either one of these features that I mentioned in this paragraph alone would make it really useful.

•New attack/ability:The scorpions main attack would be the same, a mix of using its claws and tail to jab and stab the victim. These attacks would still inflict torpor. For its secondary attack, the scorpion could use its two large pincers to keep a creature locked in place e.g. galimimus (the scorpion would not be able to move either) and by holding down the the main attack button the scorpion will stab it's tail in the creature (dunno what the tail is properly called, just to clarify ;) ). As soon as you stop holding down the main attack button, the scorpion will take its tail out of the creature. This attack inflicts a lot of torpor for little damage, just like the tranq ammos that a survivor can craft. This would drain a lot of stamina and leave the scorpion vunulreble. More torpor can be inflicted with higher melee damage. This feature would only work on small to the larger sider of medium dinos such as carnos, galimimus and even argents. It pincer grab lock won't work on things such as allo's, rexes and paracer's. This feature is why I also suggest the scorpion has a larger size. A strategy is to have the rider pin creatures with the scorpions claws and have your tribe shoot tranqs at the creature pined by the scorpion, the scorpion would be inflicting torpor as well using its tail. To balance this feature out, only one scorpion per creature can hold down and jab. This means that you can't have e.g. 3 scorpions jabbing into a single creature at a time. This feature would make the scorpion fun to use and make it more useful as a creature than my venom suggestion:Jerblove:

•Faster movement speed---The current movement speed for the scorpion is ok, I suggest making faster if larger.

• Jatheish locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived