Dino TLC: Feedback! Suggestions?

Jatheish

4 minutes ago, AnnabelTamara said:

When does the TLC stuff start coming to Xbox? Apologies if this is noted somewhere, I haven’t seen it.

really love the models but the bright colours used to look better before. The colour regions being made more harsh/ taken away and also looking less “natural” in terms of blending and texture is sad. 

maybe when pc have all tlc phase, we get it in one pig patch??

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wyverns should appear more intimidating! Mainly the fire and lightning wyvern could use the most TLC out of the four wyverns.

Poison wyvern could use slight touch ups to make the face appear more menacing but I love it's frills\fins and it's serpent appearance, displays "I'm poisonous".

Fire wyverns should have a scorched/sooty look (or at least the alphas should) and I've never liked the "playful" look their face has. Wyverns should look dangerous.

I have thought lightning wyverns looked strange with those weird fins on their heads, I love their white eyes though. They could look more "electric" like little lightning sparks or glows on their body, maybe in between scales or their wings.

Ice wyverns are great where they are at model wise, but if the other wyverns get treatment then maybe just some skin work done on the ice wyvern would be appropriate to match the "looks" the other wyverns will have.

Giving wyverns a screech/roar would strike fear into the hearts of nearby players. Perhaps some ambient distant screeches in the scar as well?

crop.jpeg

9e722c875fe0dcc958b125943911dfe7--silver-dragon-white-dragon.jpg

We DESPERATELY need a footstep volume slider. I was going to suggest certain creatures footsteps like the Spino, Carno and Allo get reworked because theirs are the worst, but really most of the creature footstep sounds annoy me to no end. They're either wayyyy to loud or just have an unpleasent/unrealistic sound to them. Creatures with short quick steps like the Sarco or thyla create constant crunchy wooshing, the big ones like the Spino are so loud, it makes me and my wife unable to even use them because we get instantly annoyed. Turning the TV volume low enough to tolerate this renders us unable to hear much anything at all.

Just a few ideas for some dino improvements. Loving the changes so far looking forward to see the sarco

1. Moths should make silk. Let their attack give greenhouse effect to crops. 

2.spiders should be able to climb like rock drakes and have a jump attack. Should be able to make natural zipline with its Web. Climb on ziplines that it's made or player made one's. It should produce silk. 

3.roll rat. Should dig gems on wander. 

4.sabre needs a stealth mode that makes them hard to detect. It also needs a jump and pin attack for smaller targets and players. It also needs a higher jump or a climb feature. 

5.scorpions need damage reduction like the crab for the shell, ability to pick up and hold small creatures and players, the torpor needs to stack better so it can be used for taming.  It should climb over rocks like the new rex. It should be breedable. 

6.frog. Give super jump like new kangaroo. Boost damage a bit and buff harvesting of trilobites. Give piranha deterent like new sarco. 

7. Carno. Give it health buff. Give it a headbutt attack with wide aoe and large knock back. Greatly increase Stam and Stam usage make it a fast landmount that can run for a very long time. Make it cause extra damage to large herbivores and get a buff when killing one similar to mega bug buff. 

8. Turtles should be able to go Into their shell for extra damage reduction. Should have a turtle tek saddle with twin lasers on the shell

Parasaur: Maybe an alarm call, (detects intruders or enemies) a little buff to swimming, more weight, and speed.

Raptor: Pounce/Latch possibly, maybe like a slash or stab, because of the big claw; needs a bit of work on the model, it looks so meh compared to the other carnivores.

Giga: Model and color overhaul, just looks really basic. Gigas were pack hunters, maybe give em a pack buff, and they were in the bleeder family like allos. A bleed would be nice.

Ptera: A touch up on the model; It had no teeth, and just has an ugly face.

Mammoth: Maybe a charge attack, or a war saddle. Or ability to add a catapult on it's back. Make it useful for war; or just for nomads. So maybe a special saddle, like the argy, horse, or beaver. AND PLEASE A MODEL OVERHAUL! I hate all the tusks. they are really weird. I don't know why there are six of them. Make em tougher. I'd love to do pvp against a rex as a mammoth and have a possibility to win.

Pulmonoscorpius: Maybe a big buff to torpor, its kinda useless. When I first played it, I loved the idea of riding a scorpion around, but they turned out meh.

Compies: Maybe a pounce, they may jump on you, and bleed and slow you, and the more that do, it would bleed you and slow you, even more.

Wyverns: The only wyvern that looks good in the face is the fire wyvern. There is so much art, so many creations, movies, and such to take ideas from; I just don't like the faces. I feel they could be scarier, and maybe a tad bigger. Make them harder to obtain, make them capital beasts of war. (Like the giga) They are Wyverns, btw.

Dragon: I'd honestly like to see a remodel for the dragon, I just hate it's look.

The Rex eyes look very weird, too high up and too small. It just had its first facelift but looks like it had the tenth. Also the animation when turning left or right, it's turning its head too much, too reactive, reminds me a lot of those snake toys that were made out of links. The run animation looks a lot like it's got a severe hip disease, I really feel sorry for it :( And I'd love to have its old/original roar back (from way back last year), why was that even changed? It was amazing, now... not so much.

I'm pretty happy with the other new looks and abilities, it always bothered me how the Wolves looked like plastic toys and I love the alpha howl, also gj on adding Bears and Apes to Aberration, that's where I thought we'd need them most with the new abilities. Absolutely love the Procoptodon now, that aimed jump is crazy and babies/small dinos in the pouch looks just too damn cute. Except for Ankylo, that one is making me cringe lol.

Megalosaurus needs a "boost" too. Maybe it is of some use on PvP as it is now, on PvE it's only good to lay eggs, which is extremely sad seeing how amazing it is on Aberration. It can still be weaker during daytime, but the constant need for sleep makes it pretty useless on other maps.

Gallmimius, okay it has passenger seats but apart from that, idk, it's only fast and that's it, never seen anyone actually use it for anything but laying eggs. With the quick torpor depletion it's not quite one of the easy tames, so it should be more worth it.

Agreed also on Quetzal and Megalodon, they were fearsome predators back in their time, now we have a fat ugly bird and a senile Great White. The Quetzal should stand up rather than crawl and even have more attack power (but as the latter probably won't come without yet another nerf on another stat just let it be, it's suffered enough already -.-), the Megalodon should be bigger, stronger alltogether and maybe get a buff when it has killed (similar to Megatherium but not as extreme and long) or an ability to detect other creatures or creatures with less than full health (sharks can smell blood very well).

Megalania seems to be THE cave creature to get around, I'm surprised it's not on Aberration, same goes for Thyla but the latter might upstage some of the new creatures there, not sure about Megalania.

General game suggestion (yet dino related, kinda), PLEASE redo the kibble system already. Pretty much all PvE officials are capped and probably half of the dinos are otherwise useless egg layers. Opening new servers or decreasing tribe tame limit won't be a forever solution as long as there's need for countless dinos that just lay eggs. De-nerf mutton so it's a real kibble substitute for carnivores again, add honey or veggie cake as a kibble substitute for herbivores, make babies only want their species' favorite kibble for imprint (like scorpion for Rexes, snake for Thyla etc) and make more dinos prefer the same kibble, preferably of dinos that are actually used like Anky, Rex, Therizino etc. Make wild dinos lay significantly more eggs so they can be found in the wild (which may even be fun to hunt for) and/or add a certain chance of female wild ones lay an egg when killed.

I like the new Sarco, although it looks like its snout is still derpy and ugly. Would it be at all possible to fix that before it actually comes out? My idea for fixing its ugliness would be to just make the end a bit thinner and more crocodilian like.

220px-Sarcosuchus_skull.thumb.JPG.a3989854f7aba3de104b6c6260e186ab.JPG                151914-004-B34CED9E.thumb.jpg.9a1bd2ec27cf045327f949eff56457eb.jpg

170603_abc_GolfCourseGator_16x9_992.thumb.jpg.aaf31590f0b77ce164b37da9aa20979c.jpg

As you can see with these three (unevenly sized) pictures, real life crocodilian species don't have that. That skull is from the IRL sarcosuchus, and while the tip is a bit bigger, it's still not to the scale it is in game.

TL;DR make the snout less derpy and ridiculous to look at

I'm going to keep making suggestions as I come across things in game. Any way, the giga: I like it. Just needs a model update, and its roar should also have a poop effect. As for its steps, they shouldn't sound like crunching paper, they should be massive, heavy, weighted steps like the rex, considering it's bigger. And just like many, myself included, have suggested, add a grab like the megalosaurus to rex, giga and spino, maybe allo

On 12/18/2017 at 6:53 PM, UpFromTheDepths said:

For the other animals in the game
-I want Pteranodons to look more like real pteranodons. Fully fleshed out wings, fur on their bodies, proper headcrests, also they need some muscle! Their arms are way too shrinkwrapped and lack airsacks that real Pteranodons have. 

Pretty sure dinosaurs had feathers, not fur.

Anyway, I do agree with this suggestion and would like it to be added.

Trike: I forgot this one, but Triceratops Horridus was quite the fearsome foe. I think she could use a gore and charge attack, I think she should be a lot tankier, especially from the front. Give her moe HP and stamina. More weight wouldn't hurt, too. I'd like to see her as more of an endgame tame, rather than a beginner tame. These were fearsome and territorial creatures, even to other herbivores. She could use a model update and maybe a color update, the frills were a bit more flashy; for instance, when males would brawl, their crests were thought to fill with blood. I'd just love to see a lot more work put into the ole girl. Please!!!

I'd honestly like to see the following buffed/reworked:

• Carnotaurus: Not sure what should be buffed but it's underused; maybe a small damage buff.

• Terror Bird: Possible damage and/or weight buff.

• Compsognathus: Damage buff and/or special ability to slow down a player by latching on to them as someone previously stated.

• Carbonemys: Maybe a damage buff and/or special ability to harvest bio toxin or be immune to cnidaria, since modern turtles eat jellyfish.

• Pelagornis: Quite useless, to my disdain, as I read that they could harvest organic polymer extremely efficiently, even going so far as to surpass a chainsaw, which I found out to be false.

• Megalodon: Also unsure; possible size buff.

• Titanoboas: Maybe a constrict attack instead of bites, since boas were known to constrict their prey to kill it, and have it inflict torpor while it constricts players.

• Triceratops: A skewer attack for smaller creatures/players that could release automatically after several seconds, size buff, possible damage, speed, weight, and/or health buff, and the ability to attack while running, which they obviously would have.

• Parasaurolophus: Increase speed and size to make the proportions somewhat more accurate. 

• Angler: Please fix the attack hitbox. I can't seem to be able to hit anything on servers without struggling because the attack hitbox is so small. It's easier to land hits with an ichthy, and that's saying something. 

• Raptor: Like the terror bird, I think it should have a small weight buff so people are actually able to use it more effectively as a mount.

• Diplodocus: This guy just serves no purpose other than transportation and possibly a weight bearer. Maybe it could at least be given a platform saddle or some form of damaging attack, like a tail swipe or stomp. 

• Brontosaurus: As stated below by WildWyern, I think the brontosaurus could do with a stomp attack, as it seems like something it would be able to do. Having only a tail swipe seems a bit boring.

• 

Will edit more in later.

I think that instead of para having an alarm call ability, i think it would be cool if it would buff small therapods like raptors, dilos, and troodons. Also a major speed and weight improvement would be nice too!

Having the para be the same tier as iguanodon would be cool, and make iguanodon the “fast fighter mount with moderate weight” and the para as a “slower tanky mount with good weight”. You could fill the old role of the para with the phiomia and let it gather berries

i for one love parasaurs, and I really hope they do something special for them

Troodon - he should be a shoulder pet ! It is small, its size does not exceed the size of pegomastax, microraptor, fungus or some other shoulder-pet animals.  Troodon need some love 

And diplocaulus - can be given him the opportunity to cause increased damage to the sea scorpions (as in trilobites)?
Megalosaurus is an excellent dinosaur, but on the island it is useless in the daytime :(  We need to do something.

So here are some suggestions I would like to see all the fliers get the dive speed buff like the griffin but minus the dive bomb it would add strategy to fliers in a dog fight and sooth over the speed discrepancy between that causes the Argey and other fliers to just be outclassed by the griffin. A diving argy is quick and fast but if he hits the ground he goes splat and when he pulls out of the dive he is starts to slow down.

Araneo -should be able to build large web traps that can help trap bigger dinos the more Araneos you use. For hard they are to tame they need to have a must have utility.

Bats- should have an echo detection ability that lets them see through a Rock Drakes cloak and alerts you to any sneaking enemies nearby. Maybe allow it to attactch to you and act like a living wing suit.

Beezlbufo- can we make its cement gathering proc on all insects. Gets really tiresome when on some maps small insects are few and far between but there is a scorpion every 2 feet that yields no cementing paste but tons of chititn. Would help that cementing grind  bit

Lymantria -can I please get an attack for the moth. I was so excited when I saw the moth and they are so pretty but have so little use and you have to un away fro Titanomyra when your on them because you have no offensive attack. Seriously? I want my Mothra to darken the skies and bring fear.....or at least be able to bite the flying ants back I'll settle for that.

Anklyo can we get metal and obsidian weight reduction extended to metal structures

Doed stone and crystal weight reduction extended to stone structures

Dimorphodon can we get a perch system for dimorphodons like they fly out and look for stuff then come back after a bit with maybe some meat or rare resources or even small eggs. can also use them as watch dogs that just swarm anything that gets to close then come right back once its out of range. Would be great to be able to put all birds on this setting and then get resources from them Ichtyornis get prime fish Featherlight get mushrooms and gem like that

Stego- can we get something like a troop carrier for smaller dinos for the stego like you tell a dimorphodon a lystra and bulbdog to get on the stegos back. Now when the stego gets attacked they jump off and help it fight when the threat is gone they get back on. It would also be very useful in moving all your little dinos to new bases as well. Could even be used for babies with none of the bonuses of course.

Parasaur- can they get like a really loud hornsound that increases the speed stat as like a flee mechanic. Also make it so it can sound off if a predator comes into range and its at your base or even sound off when a baby hatches. Make the alarm system of the player.

Mammoth- needs a platform saddle also can it make a sound like the parasaur but that buffs defense kinda like a call to arms. Maybe even add a to me mechanic if put on watch where neutral dinosaurs will run to it to get the buff then attack what it alerted on.

Trike make it a siege engine give it a high tier saddle that has two catapults or such on it to fire at bases. maybe even a tek saddle that has 2 guns on it. Or a mobile shield generator

3 other things I would love a dino to be an organic fabricator. Not sure which one fits the bill but it would be nice to have one for those schematics we get. Also can all of the apex creatures please be breedable (Wyvern, Rock Drake, Griffin Basilisk). Make it a server option. I want to breed wyverns  while on console...please. Finally can we get more saddle options like armor for our battle mounts and such or even just make ramshackle and such saddle seem to have more armor. For instance a journeyman armor has metal plates covering certain areas while an ascendant saddle has spikes and metal plating everywhere. This way I can tell the armor and have a reason to lool for 235 ascendant armor when i already have 235 ramshackle

Sorry for the wall of text.

On 2/14/2018 at 3:06 PM, RedTheFox said:

Pretty sure dinosaurs had feathers, not fur.

Anyway, I do agree with this suggestion and would like it to be added.

That'd be accurate if I said dinosaurs, but pteranodons (And pterosaurs as a whole) aren't dinosaurs :P
 And they did have fur, specifically a type of fur-like integument called "pycnofibers" all over their bodies. There's a great website all about pterosaur biology and evolutionary history https://pterosaur.net/

Always love me some pterosaurs, and I'd be down for more species introduced into ARK!

13 hours ago, UpFromTheDepths said:

That'd be accurate if I said dinosaurs, but pteranodons (And pterosaurs as a whole) aren't dinosaurs :P
 And they did have fur, specifically a type of fur-like integument called "pycnofibers" all over their bodies. There's a great website all about pterosaur biology and evolutionary history https://pterosaur.net/

Always love me some pterosaurs, and I'd be down for more species introduced into ARK!

Aha, it's fur-like, not fur.

So for the Parasaurolophus I thought it would be great to have the ability to use his "horn" and make noise with it, for other players it´s visual so that they can where you are, this would be useful for the beginning when you try to find your friends or have to stick together. Other sounds, like roars or gunshots should also be heard over miles away.

Pachy/ Scorpions could get their old torpor efficentcy back, because they are very useless, they can't even properly knock out small creatures. Pachys may also should be bigger. 

The dodos could get a function which is useful to breed small eggs faster.

The araneo should act like a bola, so if you throw their webs, the creatures should stay put, not just slow them down a little.

It also would be nice to give the Carbonemys some use, it could for example produce passively ceratin or act like a storage box.

The carno could just get some speed and damage buff to be more valuable.

The mammoth could give you a hyperthermical buff for the tundra.

It would be cool and realistic if raptors could hold themselves on bigger creatures with their claws.

The vulture shouldn´t let meat last longer, but instead make it spoil twice as fast, great for beginners that need some narcotics.

The players name should also be turned off if you kill an enemy sneaky or while wearing a ghillie suit, because then you instantly know by whom you got killed.

And I also really hope that you maybe give the creatures some intelligence, because it is really frustrating if your trike got stuck again between some rocks or trees, so if they could outrun them, that would be great, also more realistic fights, because the most of the wild creatures don't even try to flee when they are on really low health. Big carnivores run around killing everything, even though they aren't probably hungry and herbivores could eat down small bushes or even trees.

Also, please work on the performance and the mulitplayer, my friends and I often have problems when we want to play together, because you get kicked out of the session after very little time of trying to join. It would just keep the game alive and I really hope you aren't going to abandone it, btw it would be really nice if we would hear something about primal survival. And you really have to compress the game files, my game is already 130gb big and I don't even have mods.

And since you are reworking the creatures, almost all of the old ones really need a remodel and new abilities, especially the ones I named here.

Hello there,  since wildcard's doing amazing job with their TLC Pass i was wondering of what's gonna be next after sarco.

So there are my suggestions:

1.Parasaur:

To be honest, Parasaur i useful only in early game as a berry catcher,quickly replaced with trike.

So i recommend  to add an "guard option" i mean,you know how early survivors can be terrorized by other players and wild dinos, parasaur could stand still and if it gets damage from a ranged weapon or just unallied player/dino/wild dino will get too close to parasaur in guard stance, parasaur will make a loud noise using it's horn which is basically made for making noise(it's empty inside) Which all basically means that parasaur would be more useful as a early-game alarm system.

2.Next..we're going to Liopleurodon, honestly i don't like this guy from the beginning. Do not get me wrong, i love liopleurodon as a creature,mostly the version created by BBC's WWD.

in-game liopleurodon due to it's powerful passive is very rare dino in seas, in my about 700hs of game i maybe saw him only twice and all thanks to S+ Tek Replicator.

My idea is to make liopleurodon more common,larger,much stronger,and able to be rided in saddle, of course with model and texture overhaul. You ask me then " what will happen with our liopleurodon magicus charlieee?" IMO magical variant of liopleurodon would only get a visual update, there's no need to change magical liopleurodon itself,just make non-magical version common and strong. Magical liopleurodon variant would be comparable with unicorn variant of equus.               NEXT!

3.Triceratops, it's really understimated dinosaur and in my opinion should be more useful mount, used even in raids.

I would give our beloved trike a option to protect him and dinos&people behind him by it's large skull and block half of damage dealt to them until it's defence break.

Of course it would only affect creatures max. little bit larger than trike, so dinos like paracer or rex wouldn't even see the difference.

4.Diplodocus

Yep, i know diplo isn't kind of warrior or fighter, but it just have no sense if 30 meters-length beast can be defeated by couple of compys or dilos just becasue Diplo has literally 0 

defence mechanism(excluding that head-butt,but let's be honest, it's useless until you're fighting on a cliff.

For me diplo should have one or two attacks-stomp and tail swing(anyway i'll suggest to add stomp to bronto arsenal too)

Stomp would be a short ranged area attack, and a tail swing would be long ranged knockback attack.

5.Cnidaria

There's not really much to tell,after rightful electrophorus nerf, this is the satan of seas.

it's stun should only affect creatures smaller than plesio(megalodon,ichtyo,baryo etc.)

for large sea dinos(mosasaurus,plesiosaurus,dunkle,spino) cnidarias would just give weakness debuff like in electrophorus' case.

47 minutes ago, Barje said:

Hello there,  since wildcard's doing amazing job with their TLC Pass i was wondering of what's gonna be next after sarco.

So there are my suggestions:

1.Parasaur:

To be honest, Parasaur i useful only in early game as a berry catcher,quickly replaced with trike.

So i recommend  to add an "guard option" i mean,you know how early survivors can be terrorized by other players and wild dinos, parasaur could stand still and if it gets damage from a ranged weapon or just unallied player/dino/wild dino will get too close to parasaur in guard stance, parasaur will make a loud noise using it's horn which is basically made for making noise(it's empty inside) Which all basically means that parasaur would be more useful as a early-game alarm system.

2.Next..we're going to Liopleurodon, honestly i don't like this guy from the beginning. Do not get me wrong, i love liopleurodon as a creature,mostly the version created by BBC's WWD.

in-game liopleurodon due to it's powerful passive is very rare dino in seas, in my about 700hs of game i maybe saw him only twice and all thanks to S+ Tek Replicator.

My idea is to make liopleurodon more common,larger,much stronger,and able to be rided in saddle, of course with model and texture overhaul. You ask me then " what will happen with our liopleurodon magicus charlieee?" IMO magical variant of liopleurodon would only get a visual update, there's no need to change magical liopleurodon itself,just make non-magical version common and strong. Magical liopleurodon variant would be comparable with unicorn variant of equus.               NEXT!

3.Triceratops, it's really understimated dinosaur and in my opinion should be more useful mount, used even in raids.

I would give our beloved trike a option to protect him and dinos&people behind him by it's large skull and block half of damage dealt to them until it's defence break.

Of course it would only affect creatures max. little bit larger than trike, so dinos like paracer or rex wouldn't even see the difference.

4.Diplodocus

Yep, i know diplo isn't kind of warrior or fighter, but it just have no sense if 30 meters-length beast can be defeated by couple of compys or dilos just becasue Diplo has literally 0 

defence mechanism(excluding that head-butt,but let's be honest, it's useless until you're fighting on a cliff.

For me diplo should have one or two attacks-stomp and tail swing(anyway i'll suggest to add stomp to bronto arsenal too)

Stomp would be a short ranged area attack, and a tail swing would be long ranged knockback attack.

5.Cnidaria

There's not really much to tell,after rightful electrophorus nerf, this is the satan of seas.

it's stun should only affect creatures smaller than plesio(megalodon,ichtyo,baryo etc.)

for large sea dinos(mosasaurus,plesiosaurus,dunkle,spino) cnidarias would just give weakness debuff like in electrophorus' case.

1. Personally I would think it would make more sense if they got within a certain range so you don't lose your tame while it's crying out with that massive nasal cavity

2. IDK about another variant being larger, but it definitely needs a common, permanent variation with no magical effect, or at least toned down a bit. And a model update isn't as necessary as some of the others IMO, but it certainly wouldn't hurt

3. The dossier mentions it being a genetic hybrid of trike and styracosaurus. IMO take away the horny crest and make it a trike and add the styracosaurus as a new creature, give it a better model, animation and maybe sound pass. To add functionality definitely make it a walking barrier with the crest that you can peak over. And maybe add a charging attack like the rhino, and give it a buff when fighting rexes. 

4. Only problem is it's directly stated to be particularly stupid and takes all forms of attention as play until it's too late to escape, so it's better suited as a taxi or troop transport

5. Personally I think it's kinda BS that they're like many creatures, they don't attack certain things in the wild, but if those same creatures are tamed you better believe they're attacking. That's not how animals work in real life. If anything, they should be more intimidated by adding the extra size of a person to it. But I digress, nerf the stun some, and have them actually move around and attack things like coel's and other similarly sized things in the water, not just things pertaining to humans

• Jatheish locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived