Dino TLC: Feedback! Suggestions?

Jatheish

Guest DJRone89
25 minutes ago, Krizdug said:

@JatheishI was thinking about this the other day, why don’t triceratops give prime meat? They seem to meat (Typo turned pun) the criteria of most other herbivores that give prime like stego, bronto, Therizino etc. That being that they are of a large size and stand their ground when attacked rather than flee. So do you think that they should give prime meat? I do!

Recommend it for the Dino TLC pass. I’m sure they are taking in all types of suggestions.

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pelagornis should get some love, he's model looks so derpy and ugly and he needs a dive animation

Remove this huge pile of fur from the tail of aeodon and rhino 

Megalania's head should  change to look like more like lizard (not so big teeth ,better shaped head)

Terror bird's beak and head colour should have different regions

Give a roar to the saber 

Mammoth definitely need a new model

Fix the issue with herbivores so when u fight u don't get stuck on the corpses

I feel like the raptors should get to have a attack to where they jump and latch onto bigger dinos and maybe get a pack bonus?

The trike could use abit more size and the ability to beat a rex

Maybe a little love for the phiomia? Like a buff in weight or berry gathering? 

The pelagornis having a suction attack when trying to get fish inside water because their aoe is really small 

The new models look amazing tho

41 minutes ago, DarkRaptor13 said:

The Beelzebufo should have a new attack dynamic. It should attack with his tongue in the direction you're aiming to, to be able to kill flying insects. 

Could be good if it could climb trees like tropical frog too. 

that would be cool - model and animation wise though I feel this one is already perfect - if not the best looking creature in the game :)

Not a dino, but the SpyGlass could use some serious TLC.

Equip faster

bigger field of view or zoom in/out capability

increase the size of the area where a dinos name and level is shown. hitting that small spot dead center on a fast moving dino long enough to see its level can be frustrating.

maybe some small tweaks to the font, color and size of wild dino name tags. light yellow is sometimes difficult to read.

I'm gonna be frank here: Any creature that was made prior to 2016 absolutely needs a TLC pass. Maybe all of them except the Mosasaur, it's model looks fine as is, but the rest really need some tender loving care. They just don't fit the look the newer critters have. My biggest wishes at this point that aren't already revealed are(In no particular order):

1) Megalodon (Add bleed damage and the new Direwolf 'sniff' ability to it)

2) Mammoth (Add bleed damage and some new ability that involves it's trunk)

3) Pteranodon (Give it an ability to dive underwater to grab fish, and if successful it will replenish it's stamina and health.)

4) Trike (Give it a charge ability like the Rhino and reduction to projectile damage on it's head, similar to the Stego's reduction to projectiles on it's plates.)

5) Stego (Not sure what could be done, but if it got just a texture/model update that would be perfectly fine as well.)

6) Parasaur (Give it a snorkel ability, making it's oxygen not decrease at all underwater for 60 seconds and after that time period it starts decreasing. Also make it have a honk ability that warns allies of nearby aggressive creatures.)

7) Ankylosaurus (Make it so that damaging it with melee damages the user. That's all it really needs imo.)

8) Carbonemys (The highly requested ability to go into it's shell like Achatina and Doedicurus, and also projectile damage reduction like the Stego to it's entire shell)

9) Doedicurus (I think all it needs is the ability to destroy rocks/boulders while rolling.)

10) Araneo (Ability to climb walls and produce Spider Silk that acts like fiber would be phenomenal.)

11) Ichthyosaurus (It's a curious and friendly creature so give it a similar ability to the Lystrosaurus where it boosts EXP gains and perhaps something like my suggested 'honk' ability for the Parasaur.)

12) Onyc (Instead of meat have it tamed by blood packs and allow it to create blood packs off tribemates and give it the ability to 'suck' diseases off of tribemates with the drawback of losing health in the process and making the player take more damage. It's in an extremely terrible spot after the Megarabies change which largely resulted in less tamed Onycs.)

I feel like these creatures absolutely need the pass both models/textures-wise and ability/utility wise. Especially the Megalodon and Ichthyosaurus. Not trying to be rude, but their models are ugly and the textures are very poor.

On 12/19/2017 at 2:02 PM, Mike13 said:

Many fans including myself would love to see the Spino stand on 2 legs instead of 4, wile standing on 4 legs it looks much smaller than it was. There should be a option, stand on 4 legs or 2 legs  and made bigger and more deadly this would make the spino more popular in ark and more unique for its type of model.

Leave any comments about this topic if you agree or disagree and hopefully we can what what the ARK people want thanks.

image-280xuza.jpg

Hopefully this comes with announcement of changes to the Spino being possibly done for the TLC's first phase.

On 1/13/2018 at 7:23 AM, Krizdug said:

@JatheishI was thinking about this the other day, why don’t triceratops give prime meat? They seem to meat (Typo turned pun) the criteria of most other herbivores that give prime like stego, bronto, Therizino etc. That being that they are of a large size and stand their ground when attacked rather than flee. So do you think that they should give prime meat? I do!

Really, they should be a higher-tier mount with a correspondingly more expensive and higher-level saddle. They should be able to give the Rex a run for its money in a fight and be significantly larger than they currently are.

SHOULDER MOUNTS!

Replace the "light" emote with a "shoulder mount" emote, on console make emotes keybindable to the map button and add map to the emote wheel. 

Shoulder mount emote works as an attack target for micro raptor, otter, ichthyornis and all the others that are meant to attack things but they also return to your shoulder automatically so you don't lose them so easily.

Archa should sit on your shoulder like the rest until you either fall or activate the emote then you grab its feet and it's a glider/parachute.

Dimorphadon and compy both need an ability.

Some creatures like troodons should be a shoulder mount purely for transportation because you can lose them too easily when they follow you for long distances.

it would be great if any dino thats big enough,like a trex,trike,bear,or even the horse,had a two seats saddle. Sometimes we just want to hang out,and have some fun with friends,or even if we want to go for a taming,or something like that doesnt need another dino,when only one could perfectly carry both players.

30 minutes ago, xHellraseR said:

it would be great if any dino thats big enough,like a trex,trike,bear,or even the horse,had a two seats saddle. Sometimes we just want to hang out,and have some fun with friends,or even if we want to go for a taming,or something like that doesnt need another dino,when only one could perfectly carry both players.

on that note id like to see multiple types of saddle for suitable creatures - a single saddle for the galli, multi saddle for the trike etc. I know you can just seat one - on the multi saddles but it would look cooler if you had varieties :)

Please please fix the rex. The tail isn't connected to the spine and sticks out of the butt. The rex had forward facing eyes giving it a really unique skull/snout shape its really missing in ark. Doesn't even look like a rex TBH.

Feathered raptors would be nice too! I love microraptor being portrayed realisticly and would love for its bigger brother to get a realistic feathered makeover.

if I got those two things id be happy.

11 hours ago, Nch1418 said:

Hopefully this comes with announcement of changes to the Spino being possibly done for the TLC's first phase.

Sorry bud, the spino walked on all 4's. It also had more of an M shaped spine. Took me a while to wash the JP3 look from my mind, but when you embrace the water dwelling crocodilian look of the real spino it looks pretty good and you get used to it.

not a big fan of the supposed skin TLC of the Bear so far.

I remember my first time seeing the Bears as they are now, wandering through the redwoods.

There was just something so majestic and peaceful about them in that habitat.

They looked so non threatening and passive, so I moved toward it to get a closer look of the details.

To my surprise, I got too close and the bear proceeded to rip my face off.

The new bear skin just looks too ferocious and threatening. That magic I mentioned is completely sucked away.

Keep the model as it is but maybe change the detail of the fur to be more natural and go by the philosophy "cuddly but deadly"

please also improve the movement on high ping servers, lagg causes me to run off cliffs and fly through the air. Also improve the AI as bears on follow catapult off rocks and ramps and fly all over the place.

When dismounting the bear seems to shift it's position it was parked in. is it a dsync issue?

Would be cool to see two Compys be shoulder mounted at the same time (one on each shoulder). When you toss them down they both jump off. Also, if you are imprinted to a compy you should be counted as a Compy for their pack buff. IE, toss two imprinted ones down and it would be as if there were 3 of them in terms of the buff.

• Jatheish locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived