Dino TLC: Feedback! Suggestions?

Jatheish

Hello, your friendly neighborhood Ark player. I absolutely adore this game, and glad to finally hear more on the TLC pass. Been playing since the beginning. This may be a bit long, I am an avid dinosaur lover, and nerd. And love this game. I would love to see this game go above and beyond. Even more so than it already has. But some of these dinos need more attacks, and new models or colors. I would really love to see Pack and herd mechanics. More attacks for each of them. Maybe, a stalking mechanic?? For sabers and wolves maybe. And maybe a LOT of color and patterns for males, and not so much for females, to easily show off that male version of the dinos. There is a lot here, so sorry in advance. Just really excited about new models, and would love to share input.

The new Tyrannosaurus Rex model looks very good. Proportionate, scarier, and not as goofy. For attacks, specialty for it, maybe a grab attack, if you could. I know it may be hard to do, though. I don't like the ridge on it's back, but I can live with it.

The new Dire Wolf, I think its bite should be able to break bones at least to small, and medium creatures.  It looks okay, but very cartoony and generic compared to the hyaenodon and ravager faces. and their body and legs are just kind of weird, in my opinion. Like, they just look like a toy wolf, you'd get from the toy store. I'd love to see them look more like this:Image result for direwolfImage result for direwolf

The Triceratops is pretty good. But their sounds are off. They mainly honked. and were VERY loud, and imposing. You'd know if a Triceratops were around. I'd like to see a gore attack, a charge attack, just make it actually able to take a Tyrannosaur. These were beefy and dangerous herbivores. Make them a good tame to have. Please, Herd Mechanics, and make them territorial. They were very territorial, and would even run other herbivores off. I think giving their frills a bit of flare, or patterns would be awesome, too. Like so: 

Image result for triceratopsImage result for triceratopsImage result for triceratops

The Stegosaurus,I think it could use some form of call. I'd like to see it gore as well with its tail. It was pretty beefy. It's colors are awesome, I love the flare, but the face is just hard to look at, I'd love for it to be more like this: image.thumb.jpeg.bbf95a6c98f81b7d77e3eb0f236313c6.jpeg

The Pteranodon, I am one and all for the Flier Nerf. But these animals could reach very high speeds. I think it should be faster, with more stamina, maybe in the form of gliding. They were weak, maybe just nerf their damage into the ground, and make it to where they can only be used as scouts. And I absolutely hate its look. It was a toothless animal, its face is awful. and its wings are alright. I'd love to see em more like this! image.thumb.jpeg.bed5c0ff2f60c8d76b9e11a7113a85b1.jpegImage result for pteranodon

The Dimorphodon is pretty accurate, but the colors could be improved on, just pattern, flare!! image.thumb.jpeg.8c0ceea41a336b993cc8493b67863ef2.jpeg

The Quetzalcoatl is really thrown off, looks goofy, and not imposing, at all, and I think needs a model overhaul, I mean, it was as tall as a giraffe. Even in the dossier, it stands tall and proud. I like its use, though. image.thumb.jpeg.faadf453cbfbbb6dced79d0dd730bac3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2607129cdc1b7fb9b5d66b41365cbedb.jpeg

The Argentavis is great, I think its wings, in flight, could be improved upon. Love it as a war mount, but i'd REALLY love to get that Lord of the Rings feel coming into battle on them. Only thing is, Argentavis were vultures, technically. SO, if remade to look like that, make it something like this. But still, if this is to be the model, i'd love to see it as this eagle. I think they need a dive attack, at least. I'd love em to look like this!!Image result for argentavisimage.thumb.jpeg.5eccd3865ac5777179f9cf2e59e3149a.jpeg

The Spinosaurus: It was amphibious, it is kind of like a wimpier Tyrannosaur. It needs to be unique as an apex. It was a quadroped, but would love to see it take a bipedal form, on land, like the Iguanodon. I think its roar was rushed, and needs a total overhaul. It just isn't imposing. and PLEASE WORK ON THOSE FEET AND CLAWS!!! Needs a manny peddy BAD. Also, make it just make it look more elegant, more flare, yet again ;) !!!!  

Image result for spinosaurusimage.thumb.jpeg.3b1705d2b7ef7262c74fbca52ced7119.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fd28f66715cfa444632d05eeadcf23b2.jpeg

The Ankylosaurus: Needs a club attack, the ability to break bones. Looks alright, could be worked on a tad bit, not too much, though. I'd love to see different colors rather than just brown. Greens, blues, the works.image.thumb.jpeg.8cad808cac329a1f2db630e34cfbb10a.jpeg

The Pachycephalosaurus: I hate its sounds. I'd like to see it improved on. I don't know how to describe it, though. And I think it could use a bone break with that, at least for small to medium-sized creatures. It's color is kind of bland.image.thumb.jpeg.16e603cd1546408e38c7d841cf67a2a1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.82bcda30b0cdec6d833a79051779ffdd.jpeg

The Brontosaurus is pretty good, I think they need a stomp attack, a crush attack, maybe. Make them a definite foe. There is no reason a Tyrannosaur could take down a Brontosaurus SO easily. It's face is, again, a bit derpy. Image result for brontosaurus

Parasaurolophus need a LOT more flare, and are SO unused. I love these guys, and wish there were more hadrosaurs in the game. It needs to be faster and more weight, maybe base 700+ weight, or a special saddle. Make it have brighter colors, maybe make it an alarm system. Maybe watch animals. Warn you of incoming enemies. It had a loud honk, as well. image.thumb.jpeg.95d61d97844633869bc8ab921f62439f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.90f57fdfeb83809bc25f0d02b70643ac.jpeg

The Titanoboa, well they were boas, not venomous in the least. I'd remove the fur and frills. Rework it completely, we have so many tranq'ers in the game now. This one could constrict you, and your dinos maybe. I don't know how hard that would be to implement. But it'd be cool. image.thumb.jpeg.2649a7ea5250512ff698667f3f81614a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9356c8f8f7cc1e6eba61c66f43f17f65.jpeg

The Pulminoscorpious are okay, I think their tranq needs to be buffed, though. Their looks are great, love the colors.

The Megalodon: I believe it should be bigger, and an apex predator, it looks like a standard shark, looks fine. It just isn't worth taming, later into the game. Think it should be able to bite hard enough to bleed the opponents, possibly rip chunks, but if not, I can live with a bleed.

The Carnotaur looks fine, just maybe updated textures.

The Megaloceros look like cows, honestly. The reindeer models for Winter Wonderland look amazing. Maybe a charge attack. and jump really high. Their model, just really plain, and look like a toy. I'd love to see em with more of an elk look. Like this: image.thumb.jpeg.c2f03bef8741bde5af3abd034940e4a5.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.78f6c82c223725883ffcccfea617d646.jpeg

The Direbear, looks fine, but it looks more cuddly than anything. I'd love to see an imposing grizzly-like bear, Big muscly back and long claws and all. The snout resembles more of a cave bear. 

image.thumb.jpeg.a86d2c83ade301113acc4f11e93223c1.jpeg

The Dilophosaurus is fine, but, it was much bigger, and I'd love to see it more colorful. It was at least 6 ft tall. I'd love to see that implemented. It wasn't ever proven that it has a frill. but I am fine with it. I'd like it to look more like this: Image result for dilophosaurus image.thumb.jpeg.c3afdd135863f7613a8aa83b778c1eb5.jpeg

The Utahraptor model is great, but it's just.... ugly.... It has a large hook claw, and I'd love to see it with a pounce attack. Maybe a pack boost? Yet again, more flare? With feathers and color?? :D  image.thumb.jpeg.ca8139855fd4d16acdaa2ed243e2dbc2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ce9c38f01d52acb49dd2ea71e7b9bda0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.910b97b3acb5f97623c535b44753b079.jpeg

The Giganotosaurus, y'all hammered it on the head. Did so well with it, I love it. But, it's way too big, but I understand why. Yet, I think it's model needs an update, and more color, texture, and flare. Love the apex apex APEX predator of the wild giga, but I'd like to see a bleed added. They were in the bleeder family, after all. Image result for giganotosaurusImage result for giganotosaurus

The Mammoth: It looks great. Its face could be reworked a bit, but it definitely needs to be stronger. I would love to see it be able to take a Tyrannosaurus, even if it could tank the mess out of it.Image result for mammothimage.thumb.jpeg.763a011ca7275a5cb7c599a51bd48eab.jpeg

And finally, the Dodo. They are fine. The little derps of ark, that everyone loves.

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Promilie said:

I made a quick doodle to show how I'd like the raptor to be changed. Tail is longer and thicker, feathers are more in line with other feathered dinosaurs in the game while keeping them in the same place, head is less boxy and straight, the neck isn't absurdly chubby at the base of the head and not quite as curved upward. With updated texture detail and such of course, but the base body is the same.

arkraptor2.png

I love this overhaul. Well done. Maybe, legs should be shorter owing to the fact the boy is slimer. I'd have removed feathers if they looked like what we have now in game. Those vanilla feathers are out of place and look like spikes. What's more arm feathers clip awfuly through tights while raptor is walking.

Hey, I had another idea. Maybe give more creatures Sitting or Resting animations. Just to add a little more immersion. Everything cant be standing and walking all the time, they need a break. It be nice to put creatutes into rest mode. Maybe also have creatures in the wild occasionaly lay down or sit too. It would also add an extra challenge, because you might not be able to see an aggressive creature laying down in the woods. Plus itd be hilarious to come across a sleeping Rex and have a panic attack. 

Some thoughts:

• Knockback on almost any dino that has it is really problematic: It's got some serious negative consequences when fighting nameless in Aberration, as you knock them out of the light each time you hit them.
  • Bulbdog functionality (radius on the ground) when mounted on someone riding a large dino like a spino is a concern.
  • Ability to dismount all dinos from either side (assist with tight spaces, stuck spots and arranging pens)
  • A non-audio version of shoulder pet warnings such as a screen text popup.
  • Carno Footstep volume always has felt a bit off.
  • Multiple dinos in a pack (or school of pirahnas, multiple megalodons even) could use more swarming/hunting/flanking/feeding frenzy pack behaviour
  • Some form of visual blood-in-the-water mechanic to attract sharks/pirahnas would be amazing
  • Dino tail/Head poking through pens despite being parked in much shorter pens.
  • Spino posture toggle
  • Kibble progression rework to make it more accommodating to maps with gaps in the dino availability
  • More AI functionality for whistles: ie. A dino UI menu with all in-range dinos with portraits and presets that can be clicked to whistle specific things: ie. I click my Ravager portrait and then select Preset Number 1 "Back off" which i've pre-selected to be "Passive + Follow Me". Large numbers of dinos in range should result in collapsible lists by dino type, then when you expand them, show names below portraits.

Trike: Updated animations, along with a new ability and model. I was thinking it could have a "herbivore's buff" when up against large predators, giving it slightly increased resistance and melee.

Stegosaurus: Like the Trike (rhyme baby), the Stegosaurus is found to be obsolete even in the early game (thanks to other creatures that do its job faster). A new ability/enhanced stats could help the Stegosaurus be effective until the even late game. A model upgrade would be very nice, and I'm curious to see how the Devs would model a Stegosaurus after all their experience. I hope to see staple-childhood creatures like this, and the Trike, be made useful for the whole of the game.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Utahraptor: Not very useful, outdated model, weak; this creature may be in one of the worst states in the game. Give it a pack-buff, give it a grapple for large prey, and update that model dammit! It would be very cool to see a feathered model for our old friend, and an increased health pool never hurt anybody. A buff to melee, better animations, and a heightened jump are my last suggestions.

Compsognathus: Our tiny Compy companions are pretty much useless in all regards, with one idea for an ability to change everything. They currently have a pack-buff, but what if they had a unique pack-buff? Look, a pack-buff that grants them the "swarm" ability, in which they CLIMB their quarry with the intent of shredding them up! The current pack buff would stay, with the "swarm" ability only being activated after your pack meets or exceeds 10 Compsognathus' (the more you have, the more damage "swarm" does and the longer it continues). I also have a bonus idea, which goes to all the smaller creatures (around Hyeanodon size and below). Make some (or many) attacks towards smaller animals miss as if they had just dodged the attack. This would create an incentive to tame certain creatures for more than just being bite-sized cuties. PS, updated Compsognathus model, please!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Carnotaurus: Being outclassed by creatures like Allosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Thylacoleo, etc, poor Carnotaurus needs some love. First of all, a new model. Carnotaurus deserves a model change more than any other (as it's a great dinosaur). Give it some osteoderm hide, more pronounced arms, etc. Give it a roar, more colours, and new animations (running, biting, etc). A new ability for the Carnotaurus could be a "grab", in which it immobilizes prey up to a certain size at the cost of stamina, allowing its allies to deal damage. If that sounds too OP, another ability could be a "charged knockback", in which the Carnotaurus steps back, and headbutts which tremendous force to deal large amounts of knockback (super-effective on small creatures and humans).                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Brontosaurus: Slow, cumbersome, Brontoboy needs love. I'd suggest a new model right off the bat. Also, a stomp attack would be nice. These mixed with slightly increased movement speed and new animations would suffice.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Sarcosuchus: To finish my list, the creature in the most need of TLC. The Sarcosuchus is obsolete in all aspects. First off, an updated model could potentially make the Sarcosuchus on of the most terrifying looking creatures in the game. Secondly, better animations and handling when riding. Thirdly, increased melee, health, and an added bullet resistance thanks to its hide. Finally, give the Sarcosuchus an ability, the dreaded, crocodilian "Death-roll", which involves prey up to Trike size being grabbed (in the water) and twisted around, causing the bleed effect. This ability would be made more powerful as melee is increased, and costs lots of stamina. Also, another passive ability could be immunity to Leeches, as it has become adapted to its Marshy environment (and the hide is too thicccc for dem' Leeches!).     

Miscellaneous: Give all mounts some sort of "roar", and rework the kibble system.     

I'm pleased to see a new model for the Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Suggestions: 1. The Megalodon ~ 30% - 50% size increase to compete with the Pleisiosaur. Other possibilities for the Megalodon: Completely new model. Bleed effect? Mosasaurs can be overwhelming at times. 

2. Pleisiosaur ~ New Model. 

3. Sarcosuchus ~ New model. Functionality similar to that of the Kaprosuchus to deal w/ fliers. A secondary attack such as a tail whip w/ a short stun ability to slow down Dino movements. Similar to the Baryonyx for both land and sea. 

4. Spinosaurus ~ New model. Bipedal and Quadrepedal stance. Similar to the Iguanodon. I'd love to see a roar animation for the Spino 

5. Mosasaur ~ New model. The current model looks bloated and wonky. 

6. Raptor ~ New model. Pounce ability? 

7. Carnotaurus ~ New Model. Size increase? Roar animation possibly? 

8. ~ Pteranodon ~ New model. 

9. Giganotosaurus ~ New Model. Slight decrease in size. Slight nerf in wild stats as well. 

On 12/18/2017 at 11:06 PM, MUNGUSBUNGUS said:

i know I'm rambling at this point but argy need to look like their dossier. they are corvids not hawks.

Naah, they are definitely not a species of Corvid.  They are Teratorns, basically "monster-bird" in Greek.  Corvids (even Pleistocene and Miocene ones) are quite small, while Argentavis was among the largest flying birds ever discovered, alongside the...  PELAGORNIS!

TLC-Passwise, you are right though, I concur.  Their bodies need to be less fat and some texture love wouldn't kill them.  But someone said "There is no way they could/would fly with body-proportions like that," or something to that effect...  Look up bees, man.  Nature doesn't care if we believe something is impossible...  It does what it wants.

Ankys do not need to be less pokey.  I am supremely confident they are trying to have the Gastonia variety of Ankylosaurids in game, and if so, they are doing/looking great.  Maybe a clean-up on texture a bit?  OR as someone smartly suggested, make a different Ankylosaur and name current Pokeys "Gastonia" ingame, and the Anky can be a slower tanky dino with natural armor or something.  But if adding new dinos isn't on the table, then for the love of Raptor Jesus don't nerf Anky's pokiness.

Spinos of course!  Get it get it.

Carnos, I like their models personally but seems to be a crowd favorite, and I'd be on board to see them get reworked!

The new models look good except the wolf...  The ears.  the EARS.  My my, what big ears you have Grandma!!

Titanoboa frills are cool.  In my opinion, keep them.  Face could use some lovin' though.

And Pelagornis.  TLC the hell out of it.  Textures, and stats, and abilities.  It is the only one I'll mention abilities for.  I LOVE them, but they are dumpy.  Bad weight, stam, speed, HP, melee.  Their only notable thing is Pela-fishing.  Something else would be good.

I think the mantis needs to get rid of those where spiny stubs on it's thorax. The pincers are out of place but forgivable. They should flap their wings when they jump and able to climb walls. A new saddle would be great, just standing up on the back is a little derpy. Plus breeding!

The head of the rock golden stands out to much. More colors would be nice. I can see why they can't breed though.

The wyverns are perfect. Just stop their constant flapping and that small piece of membrane were the wings attaches to the tail )it doesn't move and I cant stop staring at it when I'm flying.). The stamina drain on the breath attacks seem too large but the flight time is liveable. Maybe shorten the neck a little bit.

The pteradon wings should end at the feet, not the shoulder. I have always saw these flyers as the f-22 of the ark sky' but are too weak to pull it off. The argys are the cargo helicopter, the quetz are the troop transport, tapjara as support, and wyverns are the main gun.

The dimetradons heads are  too big.

I would love it if the onyx could act as gargoyles.

I know why the dilos are small(to reflect the JP versions and and a easy level carno for new players to kil and tame) but they should be as large as the raptor and ride-able. 

Improved collision meshes. Hidden cave dinos and exposed heads through walls are goofy. 

Bronto stomp attack and maybe a Bronto "roar" where it does that thing the Brachiosaurus does in the first dinosaur scene in jurassic park, like rear up and roar or something.

i absolutely love the new rex model, I'm hoping you guys make a new attack or new roar with the crouch button, or maybe even a tail-swipe attack like the Reapers from Aberration

i really hope the spino recieves a new model, these claws and teeth being just as scaly as its arms are gross

i wonder if the giga will be recieving a new model, and hopefully an attack with its claws kind of like the therizino

maybe make the plesiosaurus move like the tapejara under water, left right up down and backwards, that would make it unique instead of a weaker mosasaur

On 12/18/2017 at 9:17 PM, JackNapierJ said:

Rex looks pretty good, but looks more like an Allo now...so not my favorite design. Wolf looks like it needs a little more fur or better lighting on that picture Maybe? Giganto looks much much better imo

I think that's because their WIP new model has really thinned out the nostrils while giving the whole head a more triangular form which is more like allosaurids in form instead of the wider and bulkier skulls on tyrannosaurids that were structured to deal with the forces of their more powerful bites.  I do think the current model is too bulbous but the WIP new model looks a bit too far in the other direction in the frontal view imo.

Onyc:  Make it able to land. Make it able to land on vertical surfaces. Maybe even ceilings. I also think it should be a mount as many other flying creatures of similar size can carry a player.

Sarco: Remodel? Make them able to fit through dino gates?

Araneo: Allow it to have the same ability as the megalania when it comes to climbing up surfaces. 

Archaeopteryx: This should be a shoulder mount which triggers the parachute ability if the player presses space while in the air.

Gallimimus: I think this creature is very ugly and needs a reskin. And it should also have a better jump like the one it shows in the dossier.

Mammoth: Platform saddle?? Maybe a slight health buff?

Carno: The model in my opinion looks quite ugly.

Megaloceros: Females should at least be able to headbutt or kick even if it's not as effective as a male.

Oviraptor: Make it actually collect eggs like in some of the videos? Maybe even make it a shoulder mount?

Manta: This tame isn't really easy. Bug spray underwater also makes no sense. I think the traditional method of knocking it out is better so they'd get more use.

Cnidaria: Make it so these creatures only start knocking you out if you come into contact with their tentacles. They should use poison not electricity.

Mosasaurus: Make them immune to electricity like the basil? I've actually lost a high level mosasaur to jellyfish and eels before.

Quetzel: Personally I think the model is kinda ugly. I'd like to see the creature take a more upright posture while landed.

Griffin: Nerf.

I would also like to add that any creature in game that takes away control from the player, such as creatures that stun you. Purlovia, microraptor, baryonyx, cnidaria etc are not fun and I think you should shorten the amount of time these creatures stun you for. Stun creatures are often lethal when mixed with other wild animals so being stunned for over 3 seconds is overkill in my opinion.

On 12/20/2017 at 1:56 AM, CyanicEmber said:

To be fair, "TLC Pass" has historically referred almost exclusively to changing creature mechanics and not visual appearance. As far as I am aware, changing their appearance was never even discussed until the saber was redone shortly before v1.0 release.

As such, mechanics are the first place everyone's mind goes when they hear "TLC Pass."

Hmm...i never thought of it that way now, since Ark is officially released. and the mechanics you are talking about are already in place.  changing mechanics would domino effect and Ark would require more patches then, as compared to simply changing the game mesh; rigs; animations; tga textures and what not.

Anyway, theres a separate thread for that.  So yeah.

Rex - looks great but why has the size been reduced? keep it same size as it already looks like a puppy compared to the giga. Also needs a buff to the base damage, the Rex had the strongest bite force of any land animal, can we do it justice? A headbutt attack which deals torpor or a grabbing attack which traps enemies within its jaws would also be good additions, increasing the risk of picking a rex rider.  Already been mentioned but the roar needs way more bass.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Spino - Option to go bipedal, hp buff and slight damage buff.  Improved roar, animations and alternate attack to use claws when bipedal.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Giga   - Size decrease, in my opinion the rex, spino and giga should be closely matched in stats and size. Roar is awesome on the giga.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             All the original dinos need far more fluid animations and textures like the rex, ape and wolf are receiving (all three look brilliant)  Dinos that need a complete redesign: Raptor, Sarco, Argentavis, Carno.                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Can't wait for this update, keep up the good work guys ?

alright, wish I had seen this thread before

-Fliers: All Fliers should be able to swoop akin to the griffin. I made a whole thread about, though to summarize.

-Pteradons would go extreamly fast while swooping, but don't get a damage buff

-Argents will grapple onto anything larger than a trike, This doesn't immobilize the foe, but if yo grapple in the right spot you can attack them without them hitting you

-Tapejaras go really fast for a short time and have incredibly tight controls

-Quetz' don't get much of a speed boost, but stamina usage is highly reduced and The proceding glide lasts a VERY long time

-peligornis can dive like Icthyornis

-Wyverns just go faster

However, other than the swoop, All fliers except perhaps the Pteradon should get a stam buff

Wyverns I would like to see re-worked so that there breaths have a different effect each

-fire wyverns have a decent AOE with there breath and a short range, and do a %age based damage, as they do now

-Poision wyverns have a long ranged attack with a small AOE, There Venom ball should do a Flat DOT over about 3-5 seconds, I would say a non-stacking 500 damage total is good

-Lightning wyverns should have a mid-range attack that requires the breath to be on them, However, it should Jump from enemy to enemy, dealing Less and less damage the more jumps it makes. this will make it effective against large armadas

let's see, what next? ok, I know

-Kibble should be re-worked so it makes more sense progression wise, and doesn't require Armies of dinos just for eggs

-Areano should be able to launch Web bolas

-Meso and Gigantopinthicus should be effected by stews

Here's some of my ideas for the TLC pass. For me the Spiders and the Scorpions are two that have lots of potential to be fantastic creatures.

• Scorpion: Strafe, Kibble, breeding and ability to grab players and hold them in place. Would make great base defense creatures.
  • Araneo: Strafe, Jump, climb walls, use and shoot zip lines made of web.
  • All Flyers: Flight revamp and ability to dive like the griffin and glider wings. They don't need the damage buff, but not being able to fly down quickly is just silly.
  • Turtles: Ability to pull their heads and limbs back into their shells for Doed like survival tank. Saddle with a turret snap point for use with charge batteries.
  • Bronto: Press and hold right click to bite and pick up players and small creatures, then fling them by swinging the head and letting go of right mouse. Stomp attack that causes the stumble effect similar to the quakes in Aberration, maybe consider a movement debuff when hit by it.
  • Giant Bee: Ability to weaponize hives as an area denial tool.
  • Trike: Charge attack with horn gore that can impale players and leave them stuck to the trike
  • Mammoth: Saddle with turret snap points, side to side head swing for sweeping knockback. Elephant trumpet roar.
  • Doedicurus: Ability to swing tail to either side instead of just one.
  • Jug Bug, Water Bug, Glow bug, Titanomyrma: Ability to catch them in fish baskets or similar tool, even if when you release they remain untamed.
  • All small wild passive creatures: Ability to pick them up and carry them around in your hands like dodo's.
  • Lymantria: Ability to produce silk over time
  • Parasaur: Eyeball Death lazers that 1 hit kill anything and everything. (I know everyone agrees with me on this one, Right?)
  • Parasaur: (Serious) Trying to come up with something interesting for them, what if when you execute a 90 degree turn or greater while sprinting you get a brief speed boost? Plays off the way some creatures survive in the wild be being able to out-maneuver their predators. It could also use 5% 10% or 15% weight reductions on early game materials. (Introdutcion to the weight reduction mechanic)
  • Phiomia: Give it custom lvls for weight reduction on early game materials (Similar to Therizin and Mosschops lvling system) Goal would be introduction to the mechanic and useful early game, but not so good at it that they overshadow dedicated creatures like Anky, Doed, Etc.
  • Raptor: Primary pack bonus to movespeed with a secondary bonus to DMG at a lesser percentage.
  • Rex: Polish the model (Which you're already doing and it looks fantastic!), make it less frustrating to use around rocks (Turning radius, movespeed etc make it frustrating when you get stuck on things)
  • Sarco: Grab and deathroll attack for creatures of low enough drag weight.
  • Spinosaur: New model
  • Quad finned creatures could really use the ability to swim backwards. (Wasn't this a planned thing?)
  • Onyc: Ability to hang from ceilings
  • Overgrown breeding mutation for some creatures causing them to be large enough to ride. (Onyc, Dilo, Etc..)

Have all air dinos use a glide/dive animation when flying down with maybe a very slight speed boost, although not as much as griffin. It would be more realistic, immersive, fluid, and less clunky looking. Looking at you argentavis lol. So far, I am loving all the TLC to all the older dino models. Sometimes it's weird seeing the beautiful griffin next to potato argentavis lol. Loving the new looks on all the dinos on the previews though! They are more aligned with the newer dino models which are absolutely gorgeous and the animations are solid. I hope WC revisits all the pre Scorched Earth dinos!

Thank you for your hard work WC, can't wait to see all the new models and animations!

For me the ones that stick out needing their models updated are:

Compy: This little guy always looks sad when he's on your shoulder xD He seems to get a little choppy in his movements sometimes too. Add some more details to his tiny body perhaps. I like the floppy feathers on their heads though ^^

Plesiosaur: Like several other people the face is the part i'd recommend changing. Perhaps make a longer snout, smaller teeth, and less ... crazed, looking eyes.

Oh we can suggest abilities for dinos too? If so here are some goods ones that I think would give these dinos a niche ability or utility:

Parasaur - a call out ability when it gets attacked that you can hear from anywhere on the server, it has an amazing howl audio and would be great as an alarm! Have it sound distant of course when you are far. (This idea I read off from another poster).

Sarco - A grab and deathroll ability please! Their attack has terrible range and feels so... underwhelming. It doesn't even have to be a grab like the other dinos where you can grab onto the dino forever, maybe a short lasting grab where you can drag underwater then deathroll and drown the dino then the grabbed dino is free from the grab after the deathroll. Can do a lunge ability from water to ground targets which also gives the grab effect too.

Wild Sarco - will lay still when near edges of water or in shallow water, lunge to do deathroll on survivors passing by and small dinos near banks.

Lymantria - let them carpet bomb a small area similar to phoenix with their dust. 

Megalodon - A full on fast and powerful charge attack that goes in a straight line that grabs smaller dinos (if near surface maybe they can leap in the air like real sharks?) which you can then proceed to violently shake your mouse which controls how the mega violently thrashes the prey in its mouth (anyone played Depth?)

Ankylosaurus - Please make the model a bit bigger, seems smaller than what a normal anky is.

Direbear - face a little too cutesy, rounded, and snout is very short. Making the model more like a massive grizzly will help the dire bear in ark actually seem like the massive, imposing monsters they are, especially when they stand. Not sure if this is already implemented, but if not, they can gather honey efficiently from hives.

Pachy - needs to be bigger, maybe raptor size, ability to act as battering rams that do extra damage on human sized, maybe dinosaur gate doors. More damage the faster the charge speed.

Pulmonoscorpius - Please fix their black hole of a model. You get sucked into it and then trapped on it, terrible when you have one but no saddle. Living nightmare when you're stuck on a wild one. Also, please give ability to grab and let it do one sting where it's tail just stays in the grabbed dino's body and just pumps it full of torpor venom. Does less damage, make it a viable taming dino for smaller dinos. 

Raptor - allow them to pounce on large dino and let it maul them away with teeth and talons (they have that one sharp claw on its foot for a reason!) with bigger dinos being susceptible to more raptors pouncing on them. Allow them to do bleed damage the more raptors there are. Of course for balancing purposes, pounced dino can do attack animation which damages the raptors while having 30% chance of being knocked off. Also mauling when pouncing on dino drains stamina very fast which can leave raptors vulnerable after pouncing.

Wild Raptor - can pounce on survivor

Sabertooth - stalking animation where the sabertooth is very still when not moving and moves very smoothly/slowly and silently when stalking. After stalking for say, 5-8 seconds a lunge attack is possible which is then activated when you sprint, you have a massive speed boost for a few seconds and when you attack it does major damage including a temporary stun.

Wild Sabertooth - will attempt to stalk a player and attack/lunge when the player turns their back to them. They are still when the player is looking at them. Will pounce when they start running or are in close enough range.

• Jatheish locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived