Dino TLC: Feedback! Suggestions?

Jatheish

Terror Birds - change the model and animation of the terror birds make it more terrifying .

Compies - idk why i will tame them , they need a unique ability or something.

Carbonemys - making it hide in it's shell but then that makes it annoying to tame/kill like the deodicurus haha .

Carno - they are good early game but when you get allosaurus / Rex they are pretty useless and change their model.

Trike - make his head take reduced damage and remodel .

Sarco - Buff the sarco and fix model.

Argentavis - needs the model .

Bronto -  needs re model.

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spino's and Giga's scales sculpting and normal maps must be redone from scratch. I have no idea why you released those animals with scaly tongue, teeth, claws and with the same scale pattern over entire body. It just looks terrible. 

Raptor's eyes must to be redone. They go out of eyes sockets when they move. You should remove arm feathers, because they clip through legs while raptor is walking. Feathers in general need to be remodeled or removed. I'm not a fan of raptor model in general and the raptor should look like the one you have in promo art with 2 tribes facing each other (there is a trex in Tek armour). It needs less wobbling/bouncing animations for walking and correctly adujsted walking/running animations according to distance animal covers in one step, because now its step is faster and longer than it should. 

One of Quetzal foot has to be fixed, because when it stays on the ground, the ankle is broken and streched unaturarly. 

Your new Trex should have had smoother ridge above the eye and shorter teeth. In front the animal looks a monster, not a dinosaur. 

Looking great so far!

I'd say the spinosaurus definitely needs a retexture first, if nothing else. Same goes for the Parasaur, Stego and and bronto. The bronto in particular definitely needs new animation as well - I bet your team could make the beast look far more majestic when  " running! " I like how the diplodocus has weight to it's gallop, for example. Really fun to ride.

In terms of functionality, I would like it for TLC creatures to be able to attack while running like many of the newer animals. Trikes and sarcos needing to stop really slows down their usage and damage capability- especially considering their speed.

Finally, please allow the Gallimimus to turn faster and not without such huge delay and arc. This mount is rarely used for it's intended purpose due to this, low health aside. Needing to waste darts on something that will just smack into a wall and get mauled doesn't seem vary practical. I'd love to use these things as the swift agile creatures they're advertised to be!

Keep up the Great Work <3 

I feel that some of the dinos just need new models, no huge overhaul like some of the other creatures. I feel like the Carno, Mammoth, and Argent defiantly need a new one, they just look kinda derpy next to a yuty or Griffin.

As for overhaul creatures, I feel like the Raptor needs some love, as it's the trademark creature of ARK. It should get a new updated model, plus smoother/more refined animations. I'd also like to see more color variation, especially in the feathers. Also can't forget about some better upgraded stats, it just can't compete with new creatures stat wise. Even give it the dire wolf pack buff where there's an alpha to the pack. I feel that would suit the Raptor greatly. 

And, there's really only one other dino I feel needs a closer looking at.... The most prolific killing machine that ever lived,... Carcharodon Megalodon. I just feel like megs in this game are terrible. (no offense) They are very small to thier real life counter parts. Even the dossier shows them as huge, and without the bad looking stripes across the back. They should FOR SURE get a new model, without stripes that is much larger eather 1.5x or 2x. Probably with 2 color regions, back and underside, kinda like a dire bear. Plus, give it some new animations, right now it's very blocky and sluggish. It also needs new stats, (better stamina, WAY faster, stronger in general) I'm not saying "make it the best sea creature" but it's just so bad compared to anything else in the water. Megalodons were the most apex predators of all time. They are also way to common, especially on the center and Ragnorok. Make them a bit rarer. Now I understand that Megs fill a certain chain in the game, being one of the first water creatures you encounter, but that shouldn't be filled by meg though. Plus now there are the dolphins, sarco, kapro, baryonyx, and other water adept creatures to help fill that role. And if that's a big/game changing deal, then add in another creature to fill that role. (Helicoprion - the chainsaw shark, kronosaurus - the small short necked pliosaur, or anything) This is how I feel about the megs. They are my all time favorite creature. Some cool inspiration could even come from the MEG novels by steve alten. In my personal opinion,  if I could have things my way, the MEGs would be the water equivalent of a Giga! Thanks so much, sorry for the meg rant lol. 

I'm honestly so glad you guys plan on doing a TLC pass for some dinos! Here are some suggestions:

Allosaurus: improve its roar and please let it use that when not in a pack; similar to the Ravager

Ankylosaurus: should be bigger and less spiky. Its tail looks like it would pierce armor, when in real life it would simply crush you

Archaeopteryx: give it the ability to be shoulder mounted. I guess more people would use it then

Argentavis: its head should be a touch smaller and it should have a more "absent" expression in its eyes; similar to  the griffin

Basilosaurus: I feel like it should be able to leap just by swimming upwards out of the water; if you know what I mean

Brontosaurus: could use a stomp attack with its front legs and a less derpy running animation

Carbonemys: ability to retract into shell please? You promised :P

Carno: nobody ever uses Carnos. Give them a unique ability to stand out

Direbear: it looks just too damn cute. Should have a little hunchback, a thinner snout and longer legs

Direwolf: it looks great so far, but I really hope it gets a new running animation; similar to Ravager/Hyaenodon

Giganotosaurus: its size should definitely be reduced by a good amount

Ichthyosaurus: same as Basilo

Iguanodon: actually its quadrupedal run should be slower than it's bipedal. Maybe a stomp instead of a thumbs up attack?

Liopleurodon: give it a nerf, but make it a permanent tame

Mammoth: should be a little slower in movement to make it look more heavy-footed, also only one pair of long tusks

Megaloceros: moose are very majestic and you don't really feel that in the game

Megalodon: increase size and give it a buff; right now they are just annoying; leap please 

Mosasaurus: should move smoother across the ocean; maybe also a leap?

Pachycephalosaurus: just as the illustration in the dossier, it should be bigger and stand more upright

Parasaurolophus: Needs an increase of size. I think it should have a quadrupedal and bipedal stance and some more stamina as it is too easily outclassed by the Iguanodon

Plesiosaurus: its head should be more streamline

Quetzalcoatlus: it should also stand more upright

Tyrannosaurus: it looks so much better with a smaller head and some detail; I still think its stance and running should be similar to the Allo or better Yutyrannus

Sarcosuchus: needs complete redesign. Its limbs should be more on the side of its body and its walk should match a croc/alligator, also it's not maneuverable at all..(grab/death roll attack?)

Spinosaurus: many people really like the Spino so please give it some love. Complete reskin and a bipedal-quadrupedal switch shall end all arguments

Stegosaurus: its running animation should be more of a gallop like the Diplodocus'. Its face could use a more prominent beak; its mouth is too open, it would have normal scaly tissue over its cheeks

Therizinosaurus: should rival the Rex in size and not have its hands wide opened when running

Titanoboa: smaller frills, but bigger in general

Triceratops: should also have Diplodocus' gallop. it needs to get a charge/pierce ability and an increase in size and strength to actually be a threat to the Rex

In general try to smooth everything a little more out. Add some minor details and redo some animations to make them look less derpy. Add more sound effects to the world overall. I wanna hear dinosaurs call in the distance and loud noises when diving to the ocean floor and more roars added to creatures. Take a look at "Jesus an Sounds" atmosphere overhauls, they are amazing.

Do you still plan on doing day/night cycles for creatures? I think it would add a lot to see dinosaurs actually sleeping at night.

Keep in mind this is my personal opinion and I don't want to offend anyone. Wildcard did a great job so far and I'm sure they won't let us down with the TLC pass!

8 hours ago, UpFromTheDepths said:

-The new Rex looks GREAT! I have some suggestions.
1.) The eyes should be more like the Yuty's or Allo's: more bird like, with round pupils!
2.) Remove the rocky scales on the sides of the body and legs. They look really ugly and don't add anything to the design
3.) Could we ditch the armor plating running down the neck/back? 
4.) Make sure the fenestrae (The openings of the skull) aren't too visible on the sides of its face. Smooth them out just a bit more
5.) Better walking/running animations and posture. Default standing posture should be like the Allosaur's, legs directly under the body. 
6.) If you make it able to roar while running/walking I will love you forever

For the other animals in the game
-I want Pteranodons to look more like real pteranodons. Fully fleshed out wings, fur on their bodies, proper headcrests, also they need some muscle! Their arms are way too shrinkwrapped and lack airsacks that real Pteranodons have. 

-Gigas need to be shrunk about 30%. They're way too big and I think nerfing their HP in the wild is a must to compensate. Smooth out the fenestrae on the sides of the head, and could we have more interesting color patterns on the body? 

-Spinos need a complete retexture. Smooth out the skull (no exposed fenestrae) more prominent nostrils/ear holes, ditch the extra fins on the elbows/behind the thighs/tail end. I'd like to see them switch between bipedal and quadrapedal postures. Bipedal posture would enable it to use its powerful arms. A claw attack would be wicked!

-Plesiosaur models are pretty decent but dear God, THEY NEED NEW HEADS! Real plesiosaur heads looked badass.

-Raptor models need better proportions. You could fully feather them up with proper wings like real raptors or make them scaly all Jurassic-Park style it doesn't bother me much.

-Sarco model is awful. Could use a new model altogether and animations. Deathroll ability please? 

-Titanoboa model is okay but ditch the frill and could be made a lil' bigger? I'd honestly just call rename them "Titanoviper" because they're venomous, unlike boas which are constrictor snakes

-Ankylosaurs could be made less spikey, and increased in size by 50%

-Trikes could use a newer better proportioned model, made larger by 25% and be WAY more formidable. A Triceratops should be a very dangerous mount, even for a rider on a T. rex

-Stego models have good proportions but I think the head could use a lil' TLC, maybe update the textures. I'd personally love it if you guys redid the plates to be more like the real Stegosaurus. That was always my favorite aspect of them.

-Brontos could use updated textures as well as walking "sprinting" animation. A stomp attack with its front legs would be cool.

-Mammoths could use slightly reworked textures and should be one pair of tusks that curve upward

That's all I got. Thank you for updating the Rex model. I was so sick of its oversized head. It's gonna look badass in game!

You have mentioned a lot of good points but youre still forgetting a couple ones 

The spino should be bigger

The wyverns need to be able to close their mouth... they really look retarded when on the ground.

31 minutes ago, bomhoofdalienkid said:

You have mentioned a lot of good points but youre still forgetting a couple ones 

The spino should be bigger

The wyverns need to be able to close their mouth... they really look retarded when on the ground.

Spinos definitely do not need a size increase. They're already longer + slightly bigger than a Rex. If you were to make them stand bipedally they'd look even bigger. We don't need any predators made larger than they should be like the Giga lol

Wolf and Ape look fantastic.  Rex still looks like a plastic toy.  Too thick and round, and the limbs jut out too much from the body.  It looks like an inflatable balloon a bit.  You hit the jackpot with the Yutyrannus Model, so similar, but more muscular proportions for the rex would be great.  Another great comparison would be animations.  The Yuty has fantastic animations with the hips moving inside the body underneath the skin, while the rex looks like a toy with its joints turning, and the tail is too stiff.  Most of the older dinos have this issue with animations.  Don't care about feathers or no feathers.  I understand that you want the classic famous dinos to look like the more classic representations of themselves (JP), and that's fine.  Winged Utahraptors would be great though.

Plesi is absolutely terrible.  Head is a watermelon with a face painted onto it and spikes taped to it.  They need that more eel-like head with the longer lower jaw, and probably shorter teeth.

Argents have horrible animations.

I know the spino is finally getting the scales removed from its teeth.  Hopefully.

Piranha also need it.

Overall though, it is more important that the older dinos get a stat and ability pass as well.  I don't see reason to use any small mount other than a ravager at this point because it is about as fast as a wolf, has as much carry weight as a rex, and a raw resource weight reduction making it more efficient than a paracer while having sabertooth level strength.  The raptor is supposed to be the fastest small mount, beating the saber, but it's pretty trash by comparison.  Scorpions are the worst taming mount and the worst torpor pet for pvp because they can't avoid getting beaten to death with their speed and can't tank it either, or catch anything moving.  When they got 5% MS per level it was almost bearable, but the frog, horse or a mantis with clubs completely invalidate it.  also spoiled meat tames need something to allow better effectiveness. 

Araneo probably need a remodel and ability pass more than any creature in the game.  I've always thought they were the worst model.  Also they need torpor scaling instead of the flat 10.  And as others have said, please give arthropod breeding.  Most of the arthropods we have hatch as nymphs instead of larvae, so you don't need to worry about making new models or anything.  they'll work fine as pale cream colored versions of the adults or even just miniature adults.  The only exceptions would be dragonflies, ants, bees, moths, and dung beetles.  Centipedes, scorpions, spiders, and mantids, all hatch nymphs.  At least give us genders for mate boost.  And make it a 50/50 instead of a default to male like you did with scorpions, because that would make my batches of spiders a gigantic waste as it did with my tribe's 20 scorpions we had before the change.

The moth is probably the most worthless creature in the game.

Please make snek not have cardboard box for head.

Ahh, also I forgot to mention.  I was really really hoping Mammoths would get the smallest platform saddle in the months leading up to platform saddle releases, or some kind of hut saddle(like the tent).  Even if it was smaller than 2 foundations.  If you do add one, please make the platform a primitive looking wood rather than neat precise metal.

4 hours ago, Branzy said:

Terror Birds - change the model and animation of the terror birds make it more terrifying .

Compies - idk why i will tame them , they need a unique ability or something.

Carbonemys - making it hide in it's shell but then that makes it annoying to tame/kill like the deodicurus haha .

Carno - they are good early game but when you get allosaurus / Rex they are pretty useless and change their model.

Trike - make his head take reduced damage and remodel .

Sarco - Buff the sarco and fix model.

Argentavis - needs the model .

Bronto -  needs re model.

New abilities suggestion:

portable mortle and pestle - craft narcotics , cementing paste etc inside dino's inventory.

Crafting Skill Boost dino ? - we rarely lvl up crafting skill in-game .

scent dino finder - give dino to smell same dino/player you last killed/attacked( or like venom tracking).

the equus is a mortar and pestle.

I have no idea how people would react to this but here we go:

I think we should change how players acquire a Rex, making it a rarer site on the battlefield.

I feel that the king of dinosaurs is too easily tamed: just simply knocking it out and stuffing it full of food? Eh...
I have two suggestions
1.) Make it so that adults can't be tamed, but you have to seek out Rex nests in the wild. Rex nests would be different than Wyverns, maybe wild Rexes could lay clutches of eggs of random levels you would have to seek out, scattered across the map. You'd open the nest up as you would a storage box and view the eggs inside, and take the ones you want. But the mother is ALWAYS close by and will chase you down and kill you.
2.) Wild rexes can be tamed by offering them a sacrifice/offering, like the Troodon, but less wonky. Bringing the Rex corpses to feed on or live dinos to earn its "respect" (Make sheep a secret favored food, as a reference to the goats in Jurassic Park maybe? Haha) and eventually it will like you enough that it will tolerate you enough, but as long as they're fed consistently. Tamed Rexes that have a hunger meter that drop below a certain point will turn on its allies for sustenance. 

Most of the insects should receive a heavy weight bonus as bugs naturally can carry huge loads compared to their weight. 

Visually the plesiosaur and spino need the biggest overhaul.

the Giga could find more usage if it were to be scaled down to around the size of a rex and saw a gigantic stat and function overhaul.

dimorphs could possibly use a pack bonus along with raptors.

the new raptor model should be like the yuty and have a full coat of actual feathers kinda like troodon.

troodons need to see some sort of rework as to how much they demand to be tamed. Something that small should not have it's diet consist of an entire rex or bronto. 

Could we possibly see some things like terror birds Using their glide abilitiy when chasing down players.

Most of the old sea creatures need new models and dramatically changed hitbox/movement.

an interesting idea for the megaladon would be for them to receive a feeding frenzy buff when an injured creature is nearby in the water. Something along the lines of a speed boost with less stamina usage. 

Most if not all creatures need to see better pathing to avoid things such as rexes walking off the ledges in the tek cave into lava.

Sleep cycles and herd behavior if they have not been scrapped.

please make the liopleurodon what it's original dossier implied. It had so much potential but became an unused gimmick creature.

• Volunteer Moderator

The sarco is in dire need it makes a lion sound under water. It also needs a grab function instead of a bite function as drowning prey would be more along the lines of a gator imo.

the pararacer is kind of bland as well maybe some more pattern to it or something. 

Please add some under water saddles with 2 seats or 3 seats. Maybe a sarco saddle or something for underwater 2 person travel also

@gaiainruin The cave bear is meant to have a shortened face. That is what cave bears are known for, look up their skull.

@Steveetrnal They are changing models, not colors. Changing up the colors would screw it up for a lot of players who breed dinosaurs.

@Jatheish You guys are on the right track! These old models just look so blocky and featureless. The new models give personality and style to them (this is not the excitement talking). You are making them more scientifically accurate, but with a cool or sci-fi twist, which is how it should be for an Ark game. Love it! I look forward to a great looking Stego with a nice bleed/slow ability as their thagomizers are known to break off and stick in a victim.

1- Araneo: Creating spider web around the caves to catch you. (You can broke the webs using a torch or something like that). And the ability to climb walls

2- Argentavis: That.. thing... can't fly. The body is too big, and ugly. 

3- Spino: He should can walking standing. He could walk like a quadruped, but also a biped. 

4- Megalodon: Fix the size, and construct another model.

5- Liopleurodon: DILO. Magic dino that disapears after a while, and you must use milk to tame that thing? Can you do a normal dino?

6- Brontosaurus: Improve the animations and the model. 

7- Mosasaurus: Too fat. And almost without details

8- Trike: Full remodel (More big)

9- Titanoboa: More larger. And it was a constrictor snake, so she must catch you using her body, not using venom.

1- Carbonemys: Why that spikes, why that body shape and why she can't hide under its shell. 

11- Carnotaur: It was full spiked. But i can't se only the horns. 

12- Raptor: Full remodel, adding feathers.

13- Stegosaurus: Head too big. Body too small.

14- Phiomia: Too fat.

15- Phiomia: Too fat.

16- Dilophosaur: Larger

17- Parasaur: Larger

18- Terror bird: Larger

Imropves behaviours, animations (More and better) and AI.  And more details, less damage shooting on Trike's head, etc. 

[mention=95600]gaiainruin[/mention] The cave bear is meant to have a shortened face. That is what cave bears are known for, look up their skull.
[mention=420669]Steveetrnal[/mention] They are changing models, not colors. Changing up the colors would screw it up for a lot of players who breed dinosaurs.
[mention=2]Jatheish[/mention] You guys are on the right track! These old models just look so blocky and featureless. The new models give personality and style to them (this is not the excitement talking). You are making them more scientifically accurate, but with a cool or sci-fi twist, which is how it should be for an Ark game. Love it! I look forward to a great looking Stego with a nice bleed/slow ability as their thagomizers are known to break off and stick in a victim.
I was more suggesting the shapes and patterns, not colors. The colors are limited to the game anyways, just the patterns, shapes, and obviously the textures like the newer creatures.

Most of the insects should receive a heavy weight bonus as bugs naturally can carry huge loads compared to their weight. 
Visually the plesiosaur and spino need the biggest overhaul.
the Giga could find more usage if it were to be scaled down to around the size of a rex and saw a gigantic stat and function overhaul.
dimorphs could possibly use a pack bonus along with raptors.
the new raptor model should be like the yuty and have a full coat of actual feathers kinda like troodon.
troodons need to see some sort of rework as to how much they demand to be tamed. Something that small should not have it's diet consist of an entire rex or bronto. 
Could we possibly see some things like terror birds Using their glide abilitiy when chasing down players.
Most of the old sea creatures need new models and dramatically changed hitbox/movement.
an interesting idea for the megaladon would be for them to receive a feeding frenzy buff when an injured creature is nearby in the water. Something along the lines of a speed boost with less stamina usage. 
Most if not all creatures need to see better pathing to avoid things such as rexes walking off the ledges in the tek cave into lava.
Sleep cycles and herd behavior if they have not been scrapped.
please make the liopleurodon what it's original dossier implied. It had so much potential but became an unused gimmick creature.
I agree with the liopleurodon. I have never actually found a wild one and I have 3 tek underwater base that I operate out of most of the time. I spend much of my time underwater.

For me I think the Ankylosaurus is in dire need of a makeover. It's far to small and prickly.. if I were designing it I'd make the anky much, much larger. I'd remove it's spines and give it a more pebbled back with smoother armour. Look at the saurian anky, it looks adorable and I'd love to see it look like that in ark (or at least a similar "arkified" version)

As for utility I like the metal gathering aspect but I feel that could be given to a different dinosaur (Maybe add a new Ankylosaur like gastonia to be the new spiky little metal gatherer) and turn the current Ankylosaur into a sort of living tank.. the perfect, but slow, addition to a caravan. Give it increased resistance to blunt attacks or attacks from above but maybe more vulnerable to small attackers or traps.

It's just how I'd design it but I really hate the current anky and never tame it it's just too ugly.. like I mentioned before how it currently looks would be better suited for a new Ankylosaur like gastonia or saichania

Other than that the mosasaur is too bloated.. in reality they were more serpentine and streamlined... I hate to pull from Jurassic world or primeval but their mosasaur are the best fantasy depictions.. 

So I'd give it crocodile like skin, put it on a diet and also (as with most aquatic animals) let it travel upwards and downwards actually facing the direction as opposed to it's body remaining horizontal

Anky: I like the unique spiky approach, but definitely needs to be bigger! 

Pachy and Parasaur: I always imagined them more lanky and agile looking. Like Land Before Time :/ 

Plesi: I actually like the style of the face, maybe just smooth it out though. Very intimidating faces 

Giga: I like their sizes, goes along with lore.  Just adding more texture would be cool

Titanboas: I like the frill. 

Turtles: portable Tek forcefield saddle :P could add fun PVP mechanics. 

Carnos: need love 

Araneo: early game climber! 

I just want to give some scientific insight to some of these animals, in hopes it will inspire unique abilities as well as be educative:

Allosaurus - nothing to change here. I know it is a new dino, but I wanted to say it was the wolf of the Jurassic, so having them be pack animals is perfect!

Carnotaurus - was a sprinter that chased down smaller prey. may have had feathers on its useless, rear-pointing arms. This should be a fast medium-sized carnivore.

Compsognathus - they ate small critters, so maybe they get a buff attack towards other shoulder-sized dinosaurs and insects?

Dilophosaurus - sigh, you went with the mutant Jurassic Park version. This will forever cement the notion that Dilophosaurus was a small, poisonous, frilled dino. Skipping, it is just a game after all.

Direwolf - the alpha thing is a complete myth. The originator of the alpha wolf concept retracted his statement, as he corrected himself in observing a pair of parents and their offspring, not a mixed pack of wolves. There is no such thing as an alpha wolf. Like the Dilophosaurus: it is a game, skipping.

Dodo - they were known to group up and swarm an attacker in defense of one of their own. They had a powerful bite too. You could make their AI like the Grunts in Halo where they run away after some of them are killed. It was this defense mechanism they had that assisted in their extinction as sailors were able to harvest them easily.

Iguanodon - oh my gosh...why is the four-legged stance infinite stamina but the two-legged stance is not? Walking on two legs is MUCH more energy efficient, and it makes sense that would be the running mode. I understand you did it this way as its combat mode would be two-legged. I know you wanted to have the two-stance thing going on, but just do not bother or make the four-legged stance the only way for it to gather resources and be berry exclusive. Hehe, very berry exclusive.

Kentrosaurus - those spikes...are you sure you could not just knock the size down by oh I do not know...50%? Big spikes are cool, but that size is a bit ridiculous. But like I said the first time, it is a game and having exaggerations is fun.

Lystrosaurus - it is the same size as the other dinosaurs in its category, can we please pick it up?

Megalodon - starter water dino, but is on the bottom tier of utility. Since sharks are adept at sensing blood in the water, maybe it can see hurt victims in the distance or have some time of radar/tracker to assist in said sense?

Oviraptor - as players have been asking: have it pick up the eggs as it wanders around and give it a weight reduction thing like Mammoths have with wood. This would be fantastic! Also, Oviraptor should be renamed Ovinutrix as the original fossil is actually of a parent protecting its clutch of eggs, not stealing from them. It would be great to rename it this in the game as it also accompanies the buff it provides...or make two variants of them: one buffs the egg production and the other harvests the eggs.

Pachycephalosaurus - does anyone use this dino? I had a good time when I tamed one when I started playing...but it was useless. No good abilities, kinda slow, and poor weight. This would be a great early game dinosaur for knocking out other dinosaurs with its headbutt attack, which is most likely what it was used for. That or flirtation, definitely not competition between rivals as it does not work out (its like hitting two balls together).

Parasaurolophus - needs a call out method for hazards. We know what it could have sounded like with its tubular crest, so you can put that sound in the game and set it to sentry mode. It will call out when an intruder is nearby. I did this for a Corythosaurus dossier which I keep trying to send to you guys for the digest but it seems it never gets through :Jerbcry:

Phiomia - this ELEPHANT type creature was adept at digging for roots. The only reason to ride one is to place it somewhere, which is not needed since we can whistle or command. It would be fantastic to give it the ability to harvest rare flowers or mushrooms while riding it, as they would help out the early game greatly. I never had a reason to tame one of these poo-tanks.

Pulmonoscorpius - like the Pachy, it would be awesome for it to have an attack that is meant to knockout targets. The Karkinos can grab enemies with its claws, so why is it that this guy cannot grab medium or small targets? Imagine grabbing on to a dino and stinging it! So much awesomeness!

Raptor - they used the sickle claw to pin down smaller prey. Please stop having them attacking medium sized targets, at least while they are alone. Give them a pack before doing this to go alongside with the media representation of them like the Dilophosaurus.

Rex - had a bite powerful enough to crunch bone. And we found bone in their feces. Maybe a bonus to harvesting corpses or some kind of debuff with its attack?

Sarcosuchus - crocodiles grab and drown their prey. Maybe make it like a slower Megalosaurus that is also aquatic? This would be a really fun PvP tactic for PvPers.

Stegosaurus - the thagomizer is why I love this animal. It is unique in the animal kingdom. It is also evident that it can break off and stick in the attacker, and the broken thagomizer spike will grow back! This is perfect for a slowing/pinning debuff with some bleed damage, as the Stegosaurus is so freaking slow! Its default sprint speed should be its walk speed, as it also has poor stamina. The bony plates were used for intimidation and flirtation. Enough dinosaurs provide insulation, so no need to go with the "veins on plates absorbing solar heat" thing.

Triceratops - the frill is for show, I wish it was more colorful. They are a bit too slow and the stamina is just on the bad side.

Please please please fix direbears/polar bears! They need major overhauling! They currently have a glitch that causes them to stand or do the "roar" animation when they recieve damage. Sometimes they'll do this multiple times in a row, making it dangerous! Also their terrain navigation is terrible and the instant speed loss when they hit a pebble is frustrating. Can they possibly lose speed gradually?

Also so please make a distinction between them and polars! Maybe giving polar bears less speed but an aoe slam attack? Sort of like when real polars slam through ice to get seal?

Direwoves;

The belly looks nude/not furry enough and I don't like the color of the front legs to go up this far. The border between the leg/Body color zones could be a bit more transparent, otherwise it will look like the wolf is wearing socks. Something about the teeth looks strange (tilted too much outward maybe).

Does it have to look angry all the time?

I'd love to have the howl last longer or shorter depending on how long you hold the button (not infinite ofc).

• Jatheish locked and unlocked this topic
  • Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived