Christmas event?

Grandta

I am so sorry for the new players that came to ARK after release. Before release we had so awesome events. Raptor Clause was a given on Christmas, doesnt look like we are getting a winter wonder land this year. If it's a event like Halloween my cluster will not activate it, everyone hated it.

Bring back the old events!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Thorium said:

I am so sorry for the new players that came to ARK after release. Before release we had so awesome events. Raptor Clause was a given on Christmas, doesnt look like we are getting a winter wonder land this year. If it's a event like Halloween my cluster will not activate it, everyone hated it.

Bring back the old events!

agree^

i really want to try those events. we came in late on the early access there was no more event i really wanted to craft those halloween event items but it let our tribes down. some of them said if the event is not going to let them hype up they might leave this game for good. so please let us craft some items. your aberration is done now. just give us some xmas gift box in dino drops and let us craft some event items like xmas tree or something we are happy to play on

edit: dont tell me you dont plan on making events happening in aberration please we all bought your dlc and plan to stay there for awhile

Wait, we got a cheap version like Halloween? I'm assuming unofficial gets nothing again? Absolutely not cool. So many people were bummed about the Halloween one.

OPTIONAL HOLIDAY EVENT for dedicated servers available on holidayevent branch!
- One-time Wild Dino respawn
- 5% chance of Xmas colored creatures
- 50% chance of white-colored Dire Bears
- All hat-wearing wild dinos are wearing Santa hats
- 12am thru 5am provides temporary buff to live connected players which boosts loot crate quality by 40% (over base values, 15% over LioMagic values), drops more loot, and adds more cosmetics to loot crate drops

Using a seperate branch again, oh great, server reinstalls afterwards like last time then...

3 minutes ago, IanHighlander said:

Using a seperate branch again, oh great, server reinstalls afterwards like last time then...

I`m also in fear of that! again...

Thats why i wont use the official xmas event and instead i will run a raptor clause mod on my server :) (mod link) Everyone will be happy with it and i got no worries that anything breaks again.

The winter event isn't the one you think. It's just a cheap one with some colored dinos and skins. No snow, raptor claus or cute music.

I highly doubt Aberration is getting one, though it would be nice to see.

I'll be running it up but only on a couple of my servers that we play on most and with the knowledge it will be a ball ache to get rid of again like the Halloween event. At least we have the option I guess, single player and consoles getting the shaft from the looks of things (although it may be running on the official console servers maybe?)

Another disappointment. The Halloween event was a loss and now reading the update notes of what this Christmas event is to be; I see Studio Wildcard (along with Instinct Games, Efecto Studio, and Virtual Basement) has successfully transited from a great game development team to another pawn jumping on the bandwagon of the loser game-dev cesspool. 

Ark Survival Evolved came out with a great vision and a lot of energy. Shooting high and delivering exceptional content and events as proven with Winter Wonderland 1 & 2 (Raptor Claus) as well as Fear Evolved 1 & 2 (among others); The bar was set. Halloween 2017 and the current Christmas Holiday event sank so deep, the previous bar was not in sight. The interesting part is that it was not for the sake of incapability as we all know that the developers can create a great event. So that just means that the developers had just decided to brush off the players (community). But for what? 

The 2017 Halloween events was a missed opportunity. Trying to do a final release of game to retail would have been a great time to meet or exceed the two previous Halloween events to bring a positive look at the game. This Christmas holiday event is a missed opportunity for a positive view for their third DLC release as well as 2018 sales. Will these missed opportunities break the sales? Most likely answer is no, but can be a limiting factor. I talked with excitement of how the developers created such content for their community (Fear Evolved 1&2, Winter Wonderland 1&2, and other events) as well as normal in-game content that caused six of my friends to buy in (word of mouth is not just limited to me). All six were excited to play 2017 Halloween event and quickly became extremely disappointed. And now missing any form of Turkey Trials followed by the poor 2017 Christmas holiday event (with out raptor Claus), well, let's just say that it was nice that there were videos of previous events that prove that I was not dishonest. A shame of purposely shunting the players since we know it is not due to the talent's abilities to create content.

It's not even that they'd have to create content.  Raptor Claus already exists for Christmas.  The Dodorex and Wyvern already exist for Halloween.  The evil dinosaur murdering turkeys already exist for Thanksgiving.  All they'd have to do is turn them on.  If anything is to blame it's the console versions taking forever to get through certification, so rather than an update that would require a new client version, they handle everything server side so nothing has to go through certification on the consoles.  Meanwhile everyone on Steam gets ripped off.

Anyone stop to think perhaps they are going to wait till after Xmas to actually launch a video game event? That away no one is torn between taking advantage of a video game event over spending time with thier families? Tbh I would rather have the special event after Xmas. I have a little girl who I want to spend time with this weekend as it's only her 2nd Xmas. The special event for a video game, can wait until it's not a special event.. in real life.
I share your thoughts exactly. Imagine all the sad people having to stop Xmas celebrations and time with loved ones to "Feed my baby digital dinos" and "gotta do a meat run we will unwrap presents later kids"

Archived