Christmas event?

Grandta

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just on an official Na-rag-PVE server and and a global announcement appeared saying go open some presents and then my character had a shimmering glow surrounding him. In the bar below was a icon of bubbling green bubbles, it lasted for like 5 minutes and then I heard fireworks and a global message said happy new year? then nothing 

what was that???? 

19 minutes ago, 20GT said:

I was just on an official Na-rag-PVE server and and a global announcement appeared saying go open some presents and then my character had a shimmering glow surrounding him. In the bar below was a icon of bubbling green bubbles, it lasted for like 5 minutes and then I heard fireworks and a global message said happy new year? then nothing 

what was that???? 

They probably just give players the liopleurodon effect, which will increase the quality of drops.

Said it before, going to say it again.

But first, I say this with respect the devs are doing a good job. The game runs better, aberration is freaking awesome love all the details, Dino’s how you use the map to get around. Big applause ?

With that said, currents events are straight lame. Before the game was “official released” there was more fun. More Christmas added to the game when that event was on. You know, island turned into a snow map like the entire map, Halloween had more content, Dododex etc. it was fun, it seems like the devs had more fun doing it to. And for us players, we like those changes those events that turn a map we love into snow. 

But now, it’s all about the skin and same loot. Quality might be better, but it’s so small that no one enjoys it from what I have heard people say over 4 different servers.

With this event, no snow on the map just prove it for me. The devs won’t make the events as it used to be and i makes me sad. Really, I had to log into GTA5 to get that “ oh it’s a Christmas event” snow everywhere! 

I don’t know why they chose to make events so “water out - so plain” but I got to say I miss the old stuff. Old events, it did bring the fun and “awe this is awesome” moments.

Different colors Dino’s are cool, but it’s not what the player base seek or look forward to. It’s fun for a day and.. yeah.. 

I understand that when they only change the client side it’s more easy for them and less work.. But, come on it’s actually Christmas and people have time off work and want to play your game with a event they missed..

In all, devs are doing a good job, but the events feels plain and boring now.

Dont expect them to read this, but for all of us players i hope and pray they will make a full in event with snow / Halloween / you name it as in the good old days. It was fun we miss Dododex and all that!

6 hours ago, iStephano said:

I understand that when they only change the client side it’s more easy for them and less work.. But, come in it’s actually Christmas and people have time off work and want to play your game with a event they missed..

The part i don't understand is that they have all the stuff ready, they just don't use it. They have the awesome christmas theme music, they have a working raptor claus, it's in the workshop. They have christmas decoratives. Even if they don't change the whole map to be winter wonder land. Just put in what you already have and it would be way better event. I can't imagine it's a lot of work to put in the chrismas theme music and raptor claus. Put in 30 minutes to update raptor claus loot table.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, iStephano said:

Said it before, going to say it again.

But first, I say this with respect the devs are doing a good job. The game runs better, aberration is freaking awesome love all the details, Dino’s how you use the map to get around. Big applause ?

With that said, currents events are straight lame. Before the game was “official released” there was more fun. More Christmas added to the game when that event was on. You know, island turned into a snow map like the entire map, Halloween had more content, Dododex etc. it was fun, it seems like the devs had more fun doing it to. And for us players, we like those changes those events that turn a map we love into snow. 

But now, it’s all about the skin and same loot. Quality might be better, but it’s so small that no one enjoys it from what I have heard people say over 4 different servers.

With this event, no snow on the map just prove it for me. The devs won’t make the events as it used to be and i makes me sad. Really, I had to log into GTA5 to get that “ oh it’s a Christmas event” snow everywhere! 

I don’t know why they chose to make events so “water out - so plain” but I got to say I miss the old stuff. Old events, it did bring the fun and “awe this is awesome” moments.

Different colors Dino’s are cool, but it’s not what the player base seek or look forward to. It’s fun for a day and.. yeah.. 

I understand that when they only change the client side it’s more easy for them and less work.. But, come in it’s actually Christmas and people have time off work and want to play your game with a event they missed..

In all, devs are doing a good job, but the events feels plain and boring now.

Dont expect them to read this, but for all of us players i hope and pray they will make a full in event with snow / Halloween / you name it as in the good old days. It was fun we miss Dododex and all that!

Back in EA a lot of people constantly complained every single event, Valentine, Halloween, ThanksGiving, Christmas that they were being forced to experience the event on single player and private servers and demanded all events be optional. So many complained about it because they were all like bah humbug and the grinch.

How do you make an event optional? I suspect it's very difficult to do. So now single player has no option to experience the events, private servers are semi reliant on their hosts, and official servers all get the event and then so many official server players are grateful for it by complaining constantly that they don't have 3x breeding event.

I'm not saying this is why it was changed from client-side to server-side events, but people constantly make a fuss about the stupidest things and when they get things the way they want other people suffer.

2 hours ago, GP said:

but people constantly make a fuss about the stupidest things and when they get things the way they want other people suffer.

True, people are always complaining, no matter what. However, making the events optional is actually very easy: Just make them official mods. Like the raptor claus mod that was put out by WC. They can use the mods on official as well. This makes it optional, does not require a patch and every unofficial or even singleplayer can set his own time frame for the events.

Yes, there are enough solutions for this.

What's the point of seasons, and winter "wonderland" event if there's no winter... before, some newbies complained the cold is bad for them, ok, players helped them out. Now what ? For some newbies who dont know how to play, the rest 99% of the population get no event, no winter wonderland, just few items. At least have a command to activate events since the data is all there anyway, taking HDD space for millions of players, made useless because couple newbies who cant use a torch and campfire.

3 minutes ago, Zederia said:

They can push seasonal DLC on console, just like they gave "you" Center, Primitive+ and Ragnarok. These are ALL mods

Oh don't get me wrong, it doesn't affect me in the slightest, I wouldn't play ARK on a console if they paid me to, the lack of quality and constant issues are more than enough for me to never touch this game on those. I run six of my own dedicated PC servers and play on high (ish) powered PCs.

However describing a steam mod that's only available to steam PC users and can't be used on Xbox, PS4 or even on the Windows 10 version of the game as a "Simple" fix is a little blinkered at best. That was my only point.

Yes they can "push" things to console, but only if they're built into the core game files and go through certification. Not the same thing at all. Whilst The Center and Ragnarok both started as mods that is not what they are now, they are core came DLC's and part of the official game. If they were still mods, consoles would not have them period.

6 minutes ago, IanHighlander said:

Oh don't get me wrong, it doesn't affect me in the slightest, I wouldn't play ARK on a console if they paid me to, the lack of quality and constant issues are more than enough for me to never touch this game on those. I run six of my own dedicated PC servers and play on high (ish) powered PCs.

However describing a steam mod that's only available to steam PC users and can't be used on Xbox, PS4 or even on the Windows 10 version of the game as a "Simple" fix is a little blinkered at best. That was my only point.

Yes they can "push" things to console, but only if they're built into the core game files and go through certification. Not the same thing at all. Whilst The Center and Ragnarok both started as mods that is not what they are now, they are core came DLC's and part of the official game. If they were still mods, consoles would not have them period.

that was in the core game when it was introduced, all servers had it

E6457843AAED229F0D313B126BA1ED43EB933BC6

Remember this? (man I forgot how bad my graphics were back then lol)

Remember Valentines day? -vday server command. New years had one too. I could go on..

It probably still is in the core game files and they could choose to expose it if they wanted to, but they haven't. But that's exactly my point, if something is not in the core game files (like a mod) then consoles can not get it, that was and remains my only point here. I am not out to cause/have an argument with anyone over anything. :)

nothing from those events are in the core files anymore. you can search inside the game files and you will find they are gone

ex: 

"Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/oviRaptor/BunnyoviRaptor_Character_BP.BunnyOviRaptor_Character_BP'" "Blueprint'/Game/PrimalEarth/Dinos/DodoRex/DodoRex_Character_BP.DodoRex_Character_BP'"

neither of these can be found anymore in the base game

2 minutes ago, Zederia said:

nothing from those events are in the core files anymore. you can search inside the game files and you will find they are gone

Heh, this is going nowhere fast. On that and most of what you've said we totally agree.

My one and only point as I've said multiple times now is you pointed to an unofficial mod as a "simple" fix for a Xmas event and whilst it may be a great mod (I haven't tried it but others have and seem to like it), my point is it's only available to a selection of ARK players and not available to console or windows 10 crossplay users. Therefore not "simple" for a large chunk of players and comes back round to WC releasing what is frankly a very poor event even for the small number of users who can actually get it and a ball ache for us private server admins both to apply and remove again afterwards.

Either way, it has absolutely nothing to do with Dodorex or anything else that may or may not be in core files still.

Backing out of this convo now as it appears to be going nowhere fast, merry Xmas and happy holidays to all :)

Congratulations Wildcard,

you successsfully destroyed christmas!

Where is winter wonderland?

Nobody needs this stupid new christmas event!

Your updates are getting worse!

for example:

- you nerved the flyers (no option to disable the nerv on own dedicated servers)

- all times worse events...

- microtransactions -.- !!!

why are you ruining the good game?

3 minutes ago, IanHighlander said:

Heh, this is going nowhere fast. On that and most of what you've said we totally agree.

My one and only point as I've said multiple times now is you pointed to an unofficial mod as a "simple" fix for a Xmas event and whilst it may be a great mod (I haven't tried it but others have and seem to like it)

you do see who's workshop it's in, right?  Jeremy Drake Stieglitz's Workshop

They could just as easily get it pushed into cert. And I would prefer they update that to work on all maps. then we could use it on all maps/game versions

There ARE things in the core files, for example all decorations, trees, socks, etc, even though event dinos are removed to be unavailable, do you know if the snow version of the trees/island map is removed as well ?

It doesnt make sense on Aberration map guys, I really wanted island and such to go snow mode but, snow in a cave ? Santa non aberrant claus flying... in a cave? Or above surface which is mostly unusable and unreachable ? Its a destroyed ark anyway, cant expect Raptor claus to be ok lol

3 minutes ago, MichaelSeph said:

There ARE things in the core files, for example all decorations, trees, socks, etc, even though event dinos are removed to be unavailable, do you know if the snow version of the trees/island map is removed as well ?

It doesnt make sense on Aberration map guys, I really wanted island and such to go snow mode but, snow in a cave ? Santa non aberrant claus flying... in a cave? Or above surface which is mostly unusable and unreachable ? Its a destroyed ark anyway, cant expect Raptor claus to be ok lol

nothing from the events are available. they are ALL removed from the base game. just try to spawn any in via admin command. they won't come

10 minutes ago, Zederia said:

nothing from the events are available. they are ALL removed from the base game. just try to spawn any in via admin command. they won't come

Well, ok maybe should've tried the decorations before having servers on .13 version, and adding this mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=822564503

And the raptor claus mod.

Too bad theres no mod to make it all snowy. Could've at least be MOSTLY snowy leaving the south beach area normal so newbies dont die of cold for beign too lazy to stay near campfire n  torches.

Archived