Christmas event?

Grandta

20 minutes ago, KaiserTurok said:

I feel the same way..... My game disconnects every 20 - 30 minutes and its actually costing me. I've lost tames, gear, resources, etc. to random disconnects and it's getting to the point that I don't even want to play anymore. I've been playing since I purchased the beta like almost 3 years ago. I'm also a little frustrated that Abberation launched when Ragnarok still isn't finished. Personally, a Christmas event would be kinda cool but I'd rather just have everything be finished and work the way it's supposed to. I'd also like it if I could be in-game compensated for everything i've lost due to these **** disconnects.

X box has only been available for 2 years. It came out before Christmas 2015. The PC version won't even be 3 years old till next summer.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

X box has only been available for 2 years. It came out before Christmas 2015. The PC version won't even be 3 years old till next summer.

I've definitely been playing (at least the beta) since late spring/early summer of 2015. June to be exact because that's when I downloaded the one-hour trial period according to the Xbox Marketplace. I downloaded the full beta shortly thereafter.

1 hour ago, KaiserTurok said:

I feel the same way..... My game disconnects every 20 - 30 minutes and its actually costing me. I've lost tames, gear, resources, etc. to random disconnects and it's getting to the point that I don't even want to play anymore. I've been playing since I purchased the beta like almost 3 years ago. I'm also a little frustrated that Abberation launched when Ragnarok still isn't finished. Personally, a Christmas event would be kinda cool but I'd rather just have everything be finished and work the way it's supposed to. I'd also like it if I could be in-game compensated for everything i've lost due to these **** disconnects.

Wildcard can't fix your connection issues. Aberration was designed by a different team of developers than Ragnarok. Your in-compensation can be found stapled to the belly of an alpha mosa. Happy hunting.

31 minutes ago, KaiserTurok said:

I've definitely been playing (at least the beta) since late spring/early summer of 2015. June to be exact because that's when I downloaded the one-hour trial period according to the Xbox Marketplace. I downloaded the full beta shortly thereafter.

How did you get access to the Xbox version 6 months before everyone else? (Before it existed for that matter) Give me your flux capacitor.

25 minutes ago, KaiserTurok said:

Ark for Xbox Game Preview became available on the 16th of December 2015 according to wikipedia, so two years ago last week. PC was 2nd of June 2015..

10 hours ago, Saupe said:

Last year the event lasted 7days I believe, and started the weekend before Xmas with the evo event

so...... tonight if running by the last as timescale.

I am indeed disappointed. Was hoping xmas event would bring me back more into the game than the 2-3 hours per week required to feed...oh well, there's plenty of games out there.

On 18/12/2017 at 9:54 PM, Eldrax said:

It has been said before that there will be a Christmas Event.

As stated here:

Holiday Events!

We'd like to wish all survivors out there a Happy Thanksgiving and hope that have a great weekend! As for our plans, we will not be hosting an event for Thanksgiving this year due to our efforts being focused on Aberration and getting it out in December. We apologise for the lack of event this time of year, we love hosting holiday events, but unfortunately, we just didn't have the time to do so. Though, with Christmas around the corner, you won't have to wait long for a special Christmas themed Holiday Event!

Ermmmmmm

@LouSpowells now please stop being condescending and arrogant, really appreciate it

Just now, AdligerAdler said:

Yes. Was a bit disappointed when that popped up in game. Well at least it's something. So tedious to farm with stone tools on Aberration.

True, but baby sitting a giga and quetz your tribe “accidentally “ left out to incubate is a pain, glad I’ve got presents to wrap and the Xmas logistical nightmare to plan out, should cover some of the 18 hours left

Anyone stop to think perhaps they are going to wait till after Xmas to actually launch a video game event? That away no one is torn between taking advantage of a video game event over spending time with thier families? Tbh I would rather have the special event after Xmas. I have a little girl who I want to spend time with this weekend as it's only her 2nd Xmas. The special event for a video game, can wait until it's not a special event.. in real life.

3 minutes ago, anubis3691 said:

Anyone stop to think perhaps they are going to wait till after Xmas to actually launch a video game event? That away no one is torn between taking advantage of a video game event over spending time with thier families? Tbh I would rather have the special event after Xmas. I have a little girl who I want to spend time with this weekend as it's only her 2nd Xmas. The special event for a video game, can wait until it's not a special event.. in real life.

Higher rates now means less time spent raising meaning more time with families, I for one have just butchered our baby gigas and quetzals because there’s no way I’m staying up until tomorrow evening raising them

Higher rates now means less time spent raising meaning more time with families, I for one have just butchered our baby gigas and quetzals because there’s no way I’m staying up until tomorrow evening raising them
:( not the babies!! Well hopefully it wasn't a big lose for you. N hey, if they increase the rates after Xmas for the event then it'll be a whole lot easier to raise then! N won't have to worry about waking up every 2-3 hours for baby num nums.

1 hour ago, X111 said:

@LouSpowells now please stop being condescending and arrogant, really appreciate it

Smug is the term you are looking for. :P And if that's already your perception of me there isn't single thing I can do that will ever change that. 

24 minutes ago, anubis3691 said:

I don't imagine that would be the case. I've been assuming we'd see it tonight or tomorrow so folks could play it over the weekend, and hopefully a day or two after Christmas so those who got the game as a gift will be able to see the snow stuff. 

7 hours ago, KaiserTurok said:

Yeah, gotta say your memory is a little fuzzy there. Here's the actual timeline, I can verify it's accurate, as I was around for all of it:

"The game was initially released through Steam Early Access for Microsoft Windows on June 2, 2015,[7] for Linux and OS X on July 1, 2015,[11] and through the Xbox Game Preview Program for Xbox One on December 16, 2015;[13] a PlayStation 4 version was released on December 6, 2016."

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ark:_Survival_Evolved 

Wow.

I posted this two months ago when they failed miserably at a Halloween event.

Now, they fail again at even reenabling THE SAME EVENT that people enjoyed so much last year.

Oh man, that 97 armor MC Theri saddle BP I got on that Raptor Claus event made me a hero for months until WC removed head from butt and added theri saddles to the loot table.

Now? 

WC head back up their butts.

Not listening, excreting on their fanbase and money source, even ignoring the advice of the guys who show up on your servers sometimes with joysticks next to their name.

Yup.

Party line among WC and the mods?

They got your money. That is all they care about.

This failure of an event should just be further proof.

Whaaatt.jpg.8da761a1e7b320a23b1374ae37a6bb02.jpg

the real reason im sad of the last event is that i cant craft the event items. if you are not going to spawn it cant you just let me craft them? srsly? are you robbing away my fun? 

this time round you said “special Christmas themed Holiday Event!”

if it is not that ‘special’ can you atless let me craft the tree or some deco? :(

Archived