Silica pearls, oil and obsidian in Aberration

Corey77

Oil can be found easily on the surface.
Just...don't go there during the day, and bring along a light pet during the night.
Toggle it off when attacked by seekers, keep it on otherwise unless you like to dance with Reapers.

Obsidian can be found in small quantities in the bio-lumiscence, and in large areas in the deeper levels.
Again this requires good dino's and potentially a hazmat suit depending on how deep you go and if you need to pass any danger zones.

Pearls so far I've only seen in rivers in small quantities and from trilobites.

5 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Oil can be found easily on the surface.
Just...don't go there during the day, and bring along a light pet during the night.
Toggle it off when attacked by seekers, keep it on otherwise unless you like to dance with Reapers.

Obsidian can be found in small quantities in the bio-lumiscence, and in large areas in the deeper levels.
Again this requires good dino's and potentially a hazmat suit depending on how deep you go and if you need to pass any danger zones.

Pearls so far I've only seen in rivers in small quantities and from trilobites.

How do you toggle the pet?

• 1 month later...

Best way to get oil is to tame a few dung beetles (they're all over in the blue area) and then mount+forcefeed a roll rat stimberries.     Fertilizer too.    Note that you don't need much oil, once you have the chem bench it's very easy to collect gas balls and green gems to turn into gas.   Oil's main purpose is for building a few things that require it and to make jerky.

For oil the safest option is dung beetles. I got 4, fill them twice a day and have over 200 oil more at the end of each day. Can't be bothered going to the dangerous places for oil aka. surface and hellmouth. Eventually something will go wrong, especially on console where daily disconnects are a thing.

Dont waste your time with beetles.

All you need to get 100s of oil at a time is a few climbing picks and a regular pick.

AT NIGHT climb the cliff up to the northeast surface entrance. Once at the top there's certain litte jagged rocks that give oil lining both sides of the very beginning area.

Be careful how far you venture in because at a certain point nameless will start to spawn but you can go at least a hundred yards before they do.

On 1/19/2018 at 4:40 PM, St1ckyBandit said:

Dont waste your time with beetles.

All you need to get 100s of oil at a time is a few climbing picks and a regular pick.

AT NIGHT climb the cliff up to the northeast surface entrance. Once at the top there's certain litte jagged rocks that give oil lining both sides of the very beginning area.

Be careful how far you venture in because at a certain point nameless will start to spawn but you can go at least a hundred yards before they do.

This is what i do lol, heaps of safe oil

Or your can farm lots of things at once by using a high melee spino (550+ melee) and mowing the river of trilobites that ends at the overlook above blue zone. 

Farmed it for a few hours yesterday on 2x and ended up with 4K regular pearls 450 black pearls , 80000 chitin , 5600 oil , and a bunch of pelt from the hordes of otters that spawn at the beginning of the river 

For silica pearls I tamed a level 10 angler. I can tell you it was a pain in the butt to get it trapped. It kept swimming past me and the trap, or it swam too deep, or swam away, or left the trap before I could close it etc. Really weird path finding. 

After taming I transported it to the lake with the glowtail cave and farmed 812 silica pearls in ~10 mins (during this 2x event). Then no pearls left. Can't complain.

16 minutes ago, AdligerAdler said:

For silica pearls I tamed a level 10 angler. I can tell you it was a pain in the butt to get it trapped. It kept swimming past me and the trap, or it swam too deep, or swam away, or left the trap before I could close it etc. Really weird path finding. 

After taming I transported it to the lake with the glowtail cave and farmed 812 silica pearls in ~10 mins (during this 2x event). Then no pearls left. Can't complain.

If you want to tame anglers easier you can pull multiple at one time using a rare flower (kill the other nasty stuff first)

Do all of your meat runs on trilobyte spawns for free oil and pearls. Don't use a spino since the knockback launches trilobytes all over the place. Using a 350% melee angler I get 4k-5k pearls from the lake in the green zone every time. Use organic poly from karkinos instead of hard for most things. Oil is slow af. Do trilobyte meat runs and dung beetles and you should be fine without going to surface for it. Honestly I'd just find like 10 obsidian nodes out and about and make sure your metal runs go over those spots each time. Mass obsidian and oil are not something aberration has. 

Archived