ARK Season Pass

orangeGaming

Hello Fellow ARKians (don't know if this exists or is being used but i thought it's good :D)

I don't know if I am in the right forum or not but I'll still post it here.

So my problem is that I think it is unfair for those People who bought ARK when it was in it's Game Preview on Xbox, that they don't get a Season Pass.

I don't know if it is on PC that you get a Season Pass if you are playing since Beta or if there isn't, but I think People who backed the game when it was in development should be rewarded with a Season Pass because not everybody can afford it or want's to pay for it.

I loved the Game when I saw it first on Steam waaay back because Hell Yeah there are Dinosaurs AND it is Survival, so what do you want more? (yes I love Dinosaurs since I was a small puny child)

And when I saw that it was in development, I thought that I HAVE to get it and I bought it despite not having much money because I was starting in a company where I learned my profession (In Germany called Ausbildung, you learn the profession for like 3 years and can apply in Companies). When I bought an Xbox One and saw that you can play ARK there (because my PC was horrible and couldn't handle ARK) I immediately bought it even though it was still in Game Preview. When I heard of Abberation I thought "Hell yeah! That's gonna be awesome!"....but then, I saw that you have to buy it AND what's worse is for me, is that you have to buy a Season Pass. 

Definitely I don't want to hate on the Game or on the Developers because I think that the work und constant Updates and Additions are awesome and the deserve a praise for it, but I don't like the fact, that Beta Players have to buy a Season Pass if they want the new update.

I hope that this Thread isn't going up like a Bomb and everybody starts hating but instead discusses with each other. Just stay friendly and say it in a polite manner of speaking!

Greets from Germany

orangeGaming

By the way: Yes I know there are a lot of grammar problems but please don't hate on me, since I didn't have english as my mother language.

3 minutes ago, Weiss said:

I don't think the dlcs or season pass should have been free for early access players.

I agree. I already got the main game for under $20 when it was in early access; the single transaction of buying it in early access (even without such a discount) does not entitle me to all future work the devs ever do.

8 minutes ago, SpaceSickMonkys said:

I think there should’ve been a discount for early access players and an additional discount if you Already own the first DLC

Even with a solution like that, I would be happy.

Like "Oh you owned the Game Preview AND Scorched Earth? Here have a 50% discount" or something like that

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Uueerdo said:

There IS a discount for owning the first DLC.

I think what they are asking for is a discount for owning Scorched Earth and a discount because they purchased the game when it was Early Access which honestly makes no sense to me. I mean, they already purchased the game for $30 instead of the current $60 retail price so they technically already got 50% off... anyways.

12 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

I think what they are asking for is a discount for owning Scorched Earth and a discount because they purchased the game when it was Early Access which honestly makes no sense to me. I mean, they already purchased the game for $30 instead of the current $60 retail price so they technically already got 50% off... anyways.

From the price that you wrote I can deduct that you are talking about the version for PC, but I am talking about the Xbox One Version. Over there it is 10 bucks more and I don't see a discount over there.

Maybe the discount only applies to having a PC version but it seems not for Console.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, orangeGaming said:

From the price that you wrote I can deduct that you are talking about the version for PC, but I am talking about the Xbox One Version. Over there it is 10 bucks more and I don't see a discount over there.

Maybe the discount only applies to having a PC version but it seems not for Console.

You are talking about the Season Pass, I was telling the price of the Base Game that was $30 and then raised to $60 when it released. Anyways, the Season Pass is $45 and $30 if you own SE. And that for all platforms.

• Volunteer Moderator

Actually, if you are referring about the Base Game, this is normal. ARK is currently 40% off on Xbox. However, what I was saying is that if you bought the Early Access version of the game, you paid it $30 and the current retail price is $60 so you already got 50% off from the price it is currently so asking for an extra discount is ridiculous.

• Volunteer Moderator
17 minutes ago, SpaceSickMonkys said:

I’m looking on the Xbox store and the season pass is on sale for everybody for 30% off..

i don’t see a discount for owning the first dlc

On Xbox, the sale and the discount unfortunately doesn't stack. Confirmed by Jesse on reddit/tweeter:

Archived