Feel like some creatures are missing?

LankyKun

First off Abber is freaking amazing everything they have done is purely beautiful by far the best dlc ive played in a sandbox game in a long time but on that note here is the bad i feel like some more of the og creatures should be on this  map that i feel is missing. it seems empty and bland after a awhile for taming i mean all i got left is reaper rock drake and balisk which are all end game things.

1.this is a double hitter in no order fyi. Spiders and bats why are they not on the cave map lol it makes so much sense to have them here granted taming them is pointless but they make so much sense here

2. Dilo they kinda of make sense but they are mostly here because 2 very long tames require them for kibble

3 .Gigantopithecus cmon cave ape would be ba and sense they are TLC the big bad boy soon it would make a lot of sense

4.  Hyaenodon i mean we got Ravagers which are kinda big hyaendon plus the meatpacks would be nice.

5. Procoptodon needs to be here they are one of the jumping kings and rare mushrooms everywhere!

6. Yutyrannus i truely understand why the rex isnt here you wanted spino to be the king but the yuty looks like it belongs in aber it kinda looks like a rock drake and it would be a fun endish game tame i mean picture being down in the blue and see a glowing Yuty

7. Thylacoleo have these bad boy or girls in the mushroom forest just waiting to destroy people also its a climbing creature we need it.

8. Kendro you got the stego just use the re colors on the kendros make a lot of sense to have them here

Those are few that makes a lot of sense to me any ones you think need to be added or removed from my list!

1- I'm not sure about Onyc, but Spiders are on the map. They spawn down by the Drakes
2- Eh. Herbivores in general just need a better taming options than "Berries or Kibble." I'd rather see that added than Dilos
3- Not really strongly opinionated. I think their ability to throw the rider would work fine with the map
4- Again, not strongly opinionated
5- Maybe a mutated Procoptodon as a new creature? (more on this below)
6- No. I was very happy to see the Rex absent, and I'm happy to see the Yuty absent too. It forces us to adopt a new end-game meta
7- I would like to see these in Aberration. Given the horizontal facets of many cliffs, I don't think they'd overshadow other mobility-focused tames
8- I don't really see any need for them. Stegos are there to replace Brontos (both higher weight, top-quality berry gatherers)

But touching back to the Procoptodon point. I'd much rather see new mutated creatures added rather than glowy old ones. It's the same criticism I have for Scorched Earth, but in either case, I think adding OG creatures just encourages the "same old same old," particularly for meta mounts such as the Yuty. I'm all for the inclusion of OG creatures, particularly for those who have faced underwhelming utility in other maps (i.e. Gigantopithecus), but I think there needs to be a considerable degree of balance between old creatures and new. Especially given that four of the new creatures more or less are the same thing with different models, I'd personally say more Aberration creatures need to be added before we consider dropping OG creatures into the map.

I'd say out of all the dinos you have mentioned, the Dilo definitely feels like it would fit the map.  I understand your point about the Onyc too but I suppose the Seeker is kind of a replacement for that.

I'm surprised Troodons have been left off also, the creepy vibe from them would definitely fit the environment.

2 hours ago, Kage360 said:

I feel the Megalania Would fit this map given it's climbing ability, it would make sense for them, plus they're a cave creature, and an Abberant version would look awesome

Megalania are on this map.  There's a catch though; they literally hang out on the roof.  They're the quetzals of this map, and hard to get down.

Troodons would be unbearable; Megalosaurus had no day debuff, so guess what that would mean for troodons? 

Kinda sad there was no Aberrant Yuty or Kentro.  Some of the more recent creatures really should have been carried over, and the Yuty's roar would have been helpful against Ravagers.

Archived