Floating Dmg Numbers in PVP

mgsgta3

This is something thats been beyond my comprehension the whole time I have seen it, Ive asked a couple admins why they do it, and never get a clear answer and dont want to seem like im attacking them, so can anyone tell me: Why would any person on a pvp server in Ark want floating damage numbers turned on? Yeah, of course it helps you see how much damage youre doing but it makes you and anyone else a beacon for like a half mile radius just asking to be attacked.

It seems strange in a survival pvp game where sneaking and surprising are optional ways of engaging in a fight or raid with other people. You can do no sneaking or surprise raiding when you have numbers pop up at your location anytime you hit or get hit.  You can be sitting there with a knocked out rex(that luckily no one saw the floating numbers while you knocked it out) but then say a raptor comes up and hits you a few times so you kill it. That shoots off numbers and youre just a sitting duck if you wait near the rex. Granted youd be a sitting duck anyways but itd be a level playing field for both sides. Last, it breaks immersion even more when youre running around and see yellow and red numbers pop  up in the distance. Going to attack someone because you saw the numbers just feels like a dirtbag thing to do.
Those things seem to heavily outweigh the benefit of knowing the exact number of damage your dino does, but its on most pvp servers so can someone on the other side of this topic please enlighten me? lol

Archived