How to get Rock Drake eggs

Jerky

i managed to get one by using loads of picks, glider asc hazmat (upgrade bench let me upgrade it), and lvled up running speed... Getting as close to a bed i placed down earlier and then letting the remaining drakes kill me to deagro them.

Got to the nest, picked an egg and glided as far as i could.. They usually catch up, if you get knocked to the ground Run .. With upgraded running speed youre faster than them.. After 10-15min of running gliding and just serpentining i noticed the large group of drakes was gone and only 3 were left aggro... And i got near my bed (structure placement is pretty far away from drake nests) let them kill me.. Respawn.. Grab deathbag and climb on out of the pit.

I did however practice a bit and died a  lot

My next attempt will be with a tribemate and a pair of high lvl karks to tank everything instead of running.

grapple hooks or ziplines with a motor.  Take your time going down and place campfires to track your way back up and out. Place sleeping bags along the way.  Once down there kill everything in sight and use picks to get to the nests, once you grab an egg, backup against the wall in the nest crevice and fight off all the drakes that come. Once they are dead glide over to the next nest or close and pick your way over.  Repeat this till you get an egg you like.  Once done run to your first campfire and zipline up or grapple up, move to next campfire and repeat process.

A second option is to use a high level crab to get down there and kill everything with that. issue is I haven't found a way out that doesn't invloce zip lines or climbing hooks yet so you would either have to locate a way out or build a aux base with a pen down there to store your crab.

Not all of them. The ravager sends their regards.

My first egg was stolen with a breeded ravager with most points in speed, some zip-lines carefully placed, and 3 megalosaurus awaiting to the few rock drakes that didn't loose agro.

And yes, wild Rock Drakes are pretty weak, but with saddle, imprint, decent stats and some player mind (because we all know that IA sucks) they're pretty strong. Not to mention their glide, climbing and speed abilities.

The only con about grabbing an egg with a rav, is the radiation. Bring lots of mushroom stews with your rav

I'm living in the river leading to one of the waterfalls into the blue area, i plan to make a zipline trail into the purple area using cliff platforms and building down into the nest, set up 1-2 fodder turrets close by and kill off some drakes then grab the eggs, as many as i can carry, and zip all the way back home

57 minutes ago, shileka said:

I'm living in the river leading to one of the waterfalls into the blue area, i plan to make a zipline trail into the purple area using cliff platforms and building down into the nest, set up 1-2 fodder turrets close by and kill off some drakes then grab the eggs, as many as i can carry, and zip all the way back home

I've done the same thing you'll need 8 platforms or so. Many many many ziplines and crossbows. Also it's best to tame high lvl megas and walk the path instead of gliding down and trying to climb out

Archived