What is the kibble for Abberant Spinos and Turtles?

Jason2017

1 hour ago, Palenor said:

Been playing for so long, since before the weather had an effect, before swamps were a thing, before there were Redwoods, before the great dino nerf.

Anyway, current kibble system is not broken, this is a myth and a misnomer perpetuated by lots of people complaining and thinking they have a solution to the dino population issue.

Kibble rework of any kind will not fix this, neither will any other solution that I have ever heard of.

Just sayin......

Well.... you're wrong.  The current system for optimal taming encourages large populations of female tames per tribe.  It's also rather boring, IMO.  Tame a bunch of females, grab a single male, and harvest a ton of eggs.  I personally think new taming mechanics would be in order.  The tired (no pun intended) method of knocking a dino out and shoving drugs and food down its throat is both nonsensical and monotonous.  The Troodon is an interesting stray from the typical mechanics, though, with that type of "taming", one would expect an alpha personality in the dino that would seek to be dominant over the humans.  Equus was, IMO, a great implementation of a different mechanic that makes sense.  You're breaking the will of the horse, just like real life horse breaking.  We should be encouraging these types of deviations from WildCard's normal method of operation.  Kibble, IMO, needs to go the way of the dinosaur (Pun  DEFINITELY intended.)  It was an OK alpha mechanic, but there are better ways.  We just need to figure out what they are.  I don't like the thought of making things "easier", but rather making them "unique".  As it stands, the kibble system has no difficulty whatsoever.  It's the same thing from pteranodons to gigas.

2 hours ago, Palenor said:

Been playing for so long, since before the weather had an effect, before swamps were a thing, before there were Redwoods, before the great dino nerf.

Anyway, current kibble system is not broken, this is a myth and a misnomer perpetuated by lots of people complaining and thinking they have a solution to the dino population issue.

Kibble rework of any kind will not fix this, neither will any other solution that I have ever heard of.

Just sayin......

I didn't know it was a contest, but I checked anyway and it turns out I've been playing literally since day 4. Does that mean what I'm about to say is more important and accurate than someone who started on day 5? :P

Anyway, it sounds like you're getting tripped up over other peoples' use of the word "broken" more than anything else. It's casual polysemy and commonly used when talking about mechanics in video games. Folks have described it as being "broken" for the past 12+ months because the kibble mechanics designed two and a half years ago have become undeniably unwieldy and beyond tedious. I'm sure you noticed that the amount of dinos in the game has increased a bit since June of 2015, and while the kibble mechanics still technically work, they didn't scale well with the creature explosion. That is why people suggest that the system is "broken." (Even though it's not actually "having been fractured or damaged and no longer in one piece or in working order.") 

And for posterity, I'm not suggesting that reworking the kibble will fix overpopulation. I never have. Hell, I've made the argument that it won't help overpopulation more times than I can count now and I hold true to that opinion. 

Archived