Running a Dedicated Crossplay server from my PC

I want to set up a cross play server on my PC, for my buddies on xbox.

mainly for when I'm not playing gaming/streaming on my PC

When I start said server and let it load up, the server will not appear on the list nor let me join through my secondary Gamertag (The one that's running the server)

I can't figure out why!

My ports I need are already opened up, I just cant join the server when it's running

DarkFoxx is right. Ark is showing up in the Windows Store sometimes and sometimes not :-) We tried it yesterday to get a connection between PC and xbox. No chance!
It is also not possible to create a private Ark server for Windows <--> Windows. Steam Version should work I think.

On twitter they say, that there will be a "fix" for tomorrow. Yes a "fix"! 

Off topic: There will be so much confusion in future between steam and windows store version :-D

So the only thing we can do is check twitter or just wait

13 hours ago, Darkrider1982 said:

DarkFoxx is right. Ark is showing up in the Windows Store sometimes and sometimes not :-) We tried it yesterday to get a connection between PC and xbox. No chance!
It is also not possible to create a private Ark server for Windows <--> Windows. Steam Version should work I think.

On twitter they say, that there will be a "fix" for tomorrow. Yes a "fix"! 

Off topic: There will be so much confusion in future between steam and windows store version :-D

So the only thing we can do is check twitter or just wait

There is no crossplay between w10 and steam. The W10 version is the xbox version available on pc and steam is the pc version. The W10 version will have the same limitations as the xbox version and will only be able to do online via xbox live.

I've been trying to test crossplay for a while now. Haven't had any luck with it. First I tried running the server on my Xbox dedicated server and connecting via PC, I'm not able to join it via friends list or invite. I tried it vice versa, with the PC as server and the xbox as client. Same result. In both instances I CAN send the invite, but the client doesn't receive the invite. If I access (pc) host's profile via friends list on the xbox the option to join game is greyed out. Whereas accessing same (xbox) host's profile via pc no option to join game even appears.  it's worth noting all other communication varieties work (party, stream, personal messages etc). Also worth noting that the versions numbers for the xbox and pc are different. 768.1 is PC version. 768 is Xbox version. with no option anywhere to update.

Archived