Heavy Turrets Vs Normal Turrets

DavidPlayz

I play on official PC pvp and am building a new base.

I am wondering how I should split up my turret count between Heavy Turrets,Normal Auto Turrets, Plant-X. Is it even worth Normal Auto turrets after they fixed the tracking on heavy turrets. \

Should I do All 100 Heavy Turrets?

Whats your opinion keep in mind I only want 100 turrets because I am planing for the turret update.

If I were you, I'd probably just go for 100 heavy turrets since Plant X is crap and standard turrets are kinda obsolete now that there's heavy turrets. Maybe 25 heavy turrets and 75 standard turrets, or 50/50, if you don't want to grind TOO much.

Tek turrets are out of the question when it comes to official PvP, so there's that.

The only problem with that, is that you'll have to grind your life away farming enough bullets to fill those heavy turrets, which is around 4,800 bullets per turret. Who in their right mind wants to farm 480,000 bullets on official? and some will argue "You don't need to fill them" well since they shoot 4 at a time, good luck maintaining their ammo without grinding your life away like as if you're playing a Korean mmo.

In the past, 4 standard turrets filled up would last long enough to possibly deter raiders, now it will be a case of "We have a few bullet soakers to sacrifice, so let's just drain their heavy turrets quickly and wipe them." 

GG.

1 hour ago, Crows said:

If I were you, I'd probably just go for 100 heavy turrets since Plant X is crap and standard turrets are kinda obsolete now that there's heavy turrets. Maybe 25 heavy turrets and 75 standard turrets, or 50/50, if you don't want to grind TOO much.

Tek turrets are out of the question when it comes to official PvP, so there's that.

The only problem with that, is that you'll have to grind your life away farming enough bullets to fill those heavy turrets, which is around 4,800 bullets per turret. Who in their right mind wants to farm 480,000 bullets on official? and some will argue "You don't need to fill them" well since they shoot 4 at a time, good luck maintaining their ammo without grinding your life away like as if you're playing a Korean mmo.

In the past, 4 standard turrets filled up would last long enough to possibly deter raiders, now it will be a case of "We have a few bullet soakers to sacrifice, so let's just drain their heavy turrets quickly and wipe them." 

GG.

Why are tek turrets out of the question? They have been buffed, which makes them good and also their ammo is cheap... i will definetly go and use tek turrets.

1 hour ago, Murkenator said:

Why are tek turrets out of the question? They have been buffed, which makes them good and also their ammo is cheap... i will definetly go and use tek turrets.

Barely anybody has Tek on official PVP servers, especially not turrets... and if they do, they're in a lovely mega-tribe or an alpha tribe protected by a mega-tribe(s). 

35 minutes ago, Crows said:

Barely anybody has Tek on official PVP servers, especially not turrets... and if they do, they're in a lovely mega-tribe or an alpha tribe protected by a mega-tribe(s). 

Cause tek turrets before had theirs flaws and were not good. But with this new update they will be really strong. They are cheap to make, ammo is cheap aswell just keeping the genny up is a bit harder cuz u gotta do an easy or medium boss some more than u used to. Combine tek and heavy turrets and ur good.

1 hour ago, DavidPlayz said:

So are heavy turrets better then normal turrets in every single way. Do they still have the slow tracking problem?

Heavy turrets are definetly better than normal turrets. Just the problem is gonna be for small and even medium tribes: The cost to make heavy turrets and the amount of ammo u need 2 farm. Tek turrets still won't   projectiles like rockets. Thats why the combination of tek turrets and heavy if u can afford it, is great

Archived