No transferring ever

EwokMafia

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, EwokMafia said:

Yeah and if they allow item transfers then people will transfer in huge bases that just destroy everyone else's progress on the map. Learn to adapt, scorched was no easy task starting either but people did it.

progress going to be trash anyhow eventually bc too small in the areas close to useful stuff. we hit day on on a server and now it looks like some junk station with bases ever 30 yards. nightmare of congestion. kills sheep spawns ect. And it kinda sucks with not being able to transfer anything in bc all the hard work from before is completely useless and lets face it who wants to play around on new map and worry about their bases on the old servers. We already losing things to auto decay on old servers. At least with transfers ppl would make less large permanant bases and maybe more smaller taming bases and leave more room for things. arb servers will become overrun quickly by ppl to the point most will be difficult to play on anyhow.

1 hour ago, bigfishrob said:

progress going to be trash anyhow eventually bc too small in the areas close to useful stuff. we hit day on on a server and now it looks like some junk station with bases ever 30 yards. nightmare of congestion. kills sheep spawns ect. And it kinda sucks with not being able to transfer anything in bc all the hard work from before is completely useless and lets face it who wants to play around on new map and worry about their bases on the old servers. We already losing things to auto decay on old servers. At least with transfers ppl would make less large permanant bases and maybe more smaller taming bases and leave more room for things. arb servers will become overrun quickly by ppl to the point most will be difficult to play on anyhow.

nothing should last forever, not even Ark.

On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:25 AM, EwokMafia said:

I think they should keep transferring items and dinos 100% out of Aberration. They got a new aspect and map on their game and it has made it interesting again. Don't ruin it with mega tribes and accomplishments from other maps.

Agreed, this is a good idea, so no chance it will be listened too. Just wait and people will be flying around on wyverns to get rock drake eggs.

I get what you mean but then again there will be clutter and even more massive bases and people dictating everything immediately because they have a big base they transferred over, I know I've done it on other maps. I don't see the point in new maps if people can skip through all the progress because they succeeded on another map. I just hope if all else they give enough time for people to actually accumulate enough stuff to stand a chance if it's your only server. You talk about clutter on aberration but you can't even play Ragnarok due to lag.

Scorched Earth was a fantastic map, the devs really balanced it in a good way to make use of the dinos that are native to Scorched Earth.  Because of this the first few weeks of Scorched Earth were some of my favorite gaming moments in Ark.  Then they opened up transfers and the map was ruined.  Quetz flying around, Rexes, Gigas, Brontos everywhere, no more land convoys, no more challenge to do anything.  Sure we could place a limit on ourselves and not transfer our hordes of out-of-place dinos to Scorched Earth but seeing them everywhere anyway there wasn't much point.  Soon SE just became that place to find Wyvern Eggs and Milk, cactus, and to build a dino barn to store your excess dinos.

How long until something like this happens to Aberration?  I can't imagine WC allowing flyers that would just be too weird, but the rest?  There's not going to be much point in many of the Aberration dinos if the map gets filled up with Brontos, Gigas, Rexes, Thylas and Theriz.  The map is balanced for the complement of dinos included, and it makes the experience interesting.  The only things you would need Aberration dinos for would be for venturing into radioactive areas and light.

On 18/12/2017 at 3:47 PM, Balteraxe said:

I am sure I will offend a lot of people with this topic.

But I just have to say it and I hopre more people think the same way I do.

I have been playing on Abberation since it launched and I'm having a very good time.

It's like I  just started Ark again.

Now.....

Think is, that when Scorched Earth launched, characters were transferrable aswell. Like now on Abberation.

All fine, but than the dino and item transfers were allowed aswell.

And, this is my opinion, it was not what it should be.

Giga's and all other dino's that weren't tameable on Scorched Earth came there.

And kinda ruined the map for me and hopefully others aswell.

So, what I was wondering, what will happen to Abberation?

I hope that the dino and item transfers will stay like this. So all that crap doesn't go to Abberation and people don't come with 1000's of pillars and what not.

It's pure at the moment, you start over (lvl 1 or lvl 100), it's more fun, than just downloading boss rexes, giga's and 1000 metal walls, etc.

So here I am asking Wildcard (from my point of view), to keep the transfers at it is. Just from Abberation to Island / Center / Scorched Earth and not towards Abberation.

I hope more agree with me.

I AGREEEEEEE... 

On 12/17/2017 at 4:43 PM, GLADONOS said:

They should allow item transfers so we can get kibble and metal ingots

Metal Ingots? There is so much metal on this map, it is not funny.

The magnitude of at least 3x more than the island if not double that. I have not explored the entire map yet, but what I have seen is way more than any other map.

Yeah, aberration is better as is. Transfers would destroy the feel of the map, both Items and tames.

Think it's bad for clutter now, just wait till everybody can transfer across with a stone or metal 2x2, at least on SE you had to get Adobe to build a livable structure.

Flyers would ruin the feel of the map completely, gigas/Rex's would look out of place and get stuck everywhere, thylacoleos remove the purpose of ravagers zip lines, climbing picks and wing suits, you can see the reasoning behind most of it.

There is plenty of metal available early on, oil sucks but you can turn gas balls in to gas crabs are awesome and the only real limiter in the starting areas is pearls, although I still found enough spawns in one trip (on a ravager) for 4 turrets and a chem station.

Imo metal is easier to farm on aberration than SE and rag, and quicker than on the island.

You can access the surface with a crab using one cliff platform, or 1 zip line if your on a ravager, and Kings don't spawn as soon as you leave the enterance but a bit further out, just be in by 6am. And all the rocks in the cavern bit leading to the surface near the redwoods is metal ore, with no mushrooms, just low light, heat and a few raptor spawns.

Organic poly is stupidly easy to farm, crystal is everywhere, honey can be harvested safely every 15 mins from a node, tree sap is easier than ever with zip lines , free power through batteries. The only resources not available to harvest in the beginner zones are red gems and obsidian but they can be fall from the sky, or are dug up frequently by roll rats. 

The only thing they need to change is herbivore kibble, just let us use honey like mutton.

IMO the only people who ant transfers in to aberration are raiders who don't wanna have to set up/farm from nothing, and people looking for easy mode

On 18/12/2017 at 11:33 AM, GLADONOS said:

So then you don't agree at all...? Because that isn't what i said... I don't want to have to farm Metal ingots or Oil on this map. That is tedious as hell without a flyer(Which i like not having, but no raptoring way am i farming Metal ingots or Oil without one.)

Just eat trilobytes we did that for about an hour or two and have thousands of oil.  We don't need as much fuel when we have batteries.

It's just the way the map is, you can't compare it's resource availability to other maps.

4 hours ago, Saupe said:

Yeah, aberration is better as is. Transfers would destroy the feel of the map, both Items and tames.

Think it's bad for clutter now, just wait till everybody can transfer across with a stone or metal 2x2, at least on SE you had to get Adobe to build a livable structure.

Flyers would ruin the feel of the map completely, gigas/Rex's would look out of place and get stuck everywhere, thylacoleos remove the purpose of ravagers zip lines, climbing picks and wing suits, you can see the reasoning behind most of it.

There is plenty of metal available early on, oil sucks but you can turn gas balls in to gas crabs are awesome and the only real limiter in the starting areas is pearls, although I still found enough spawns in one trip (on a ravager) for 4 turrets and a chem station.

Imo metal is easier to farm on aberration than SE and rag, and quicker than on the island.

You can access the surface with a crab using one cliff platform, or 1 zip line if your on a ravager, and Kings don't spawn as soon as you leave the enterance but a bit further out, just be in by 6am. And all the rocks in the cavern bit leading to the surface near the redwoods is metal ore, with no mushrooms, just low light, heat and a few raptor spawns.

Organic poly is stupidly easy to farm, crystal is everywhere, honey can be harvested safely every 15 mins from a node, tree sap is easier than ever with zip lines , free power through batteries. The only resources not available to harvest in the beginner zones are red gems and obsidian but they can be fall from the sky, or are dug up frequently by roll rats. 

The only thing they need to change is herbivore kibble, just let us use honey like mutton.

IMO the only people who ant transfers in to aberration are raiders who don't wanna have to set up/farm from nothing, and people looking for easy mode

How do you turn gas balls in to gasoline? 

On 19/12/2017 at 9:22 AM, Migol said:

Biggest issue I have is the lack of kibble for some dinos.    I wish they made plant z seeds or other mats into "alternative kibble" for them.

You don't REALLY need the kibble.  It's still an equal playing field.  We mejo tamed a 110 doed and after a bit of leveling it gets 300 stone from the numerous blue+ grey stones on 1x.  That's far more than enough and more than you would get with any kibble tamed doed on the island.  It seems like the resources are already boosted in the various nodes.

my tribe was talking and we think it would be awesome if they made it so u can transfer dinos but no flyers. only catch is they take damage dew to the radiation and die after 13 hrs. so u must transfer them out at 12 or lose them. it would please both sides and create a balance to it. wildcard I really hope u see this and implement it.

On 12/17/2017 at 8:33 PM, GLADONOS said:

So then you don't agree at all...? Because that isn't what i said... I don't want to have to farm Metal ingots or Oil on this map. That is tedious as hell without a flyer(Which i like not having, but no raptoring way am i farming Metal ingots or Oil without one.)

Karkinos replaces the Quetzal. Its fast, its leap allows for extreme speed of movement, and it can actually fight things that attack it. Easy to tame as well.

If you are a solo player, then even better - The Karkinos can be used in combination with an Anky MUCH easier then with a Quetz while solo.

Archived