How do you live in aberration single player?

AhkmidtheEmojiTurbanGuy

Spawn near the Fertile Lake or Mushroom Forest, and make a point to build a base as quick as possible, if even just Thatch with spike walls around you. The moment you can build Climbing Picks and get yourself off the ground, do it. If you can't get to cliffside building fast, just build wooden homes on stilts with ladders up to them. The more you can stay off the ground, the better off you will be

I got to the lake and started building there. On one side there are paths from the lake leading up to a road. So built a taming pen in one of those paths.
Doorways out of stone(ravagers destroy wood), with a ramp on one side for the dinos to run up on and get trapped. Managed to tame a bunch of ravagers that way. Then started breeding them right away so I have a guard pack for the base and one pack with me when exploring.

Love them since they can run on zip lines so can go pretty much wherever as long as I bring enough zip lines with me :)

But yeah, died tons of times before I got to this place. My absolute first spawn in Aberration lasted 3 seconds before raptors ate my face, the 'wake up' animation didn't finished playing even :P

Keep off the ground as much as possible. Keeping off the ground eliminates the need for charge light to fend off Nameless and Reapers from your base 24/7. As soon as you can get access to cliff platforms to build on, start building them. Invest in turrets to keep the Seekers away from you lantern pets and such. If you have ziplines nearby, this will also fend off Ravagers. Rock Drakes would also be fended off by turrets. In other words, simply have a cliffside base with turrets and you should be good.

Get a base built ASAP preferably wood then stone to start, thatch is too weak for protection and behemoth gate your perimeter so hostiles like wild Ravagers etc cant get into your camp to start surviving,  you don't need to be built on cliff platform to survive and honestly the platforms are rubbish until they decide to allow building directly onto the platform instead of having to snap fence foundations around them to be able to build. 

Secondly when you can invest in a taming bay built and get yourself a pack of Ravagers they're so under-estimated once tamed they are able to climb ziplines, 50% reduced carryweight on them as well a great scouting patrol mount for everything from exploring and gathering due to their carry weight capability I see them as land Argis lol and make sure you have a bulbdog or some shoulder mount that has charge to keep nameless at bay once you have a foothold ie a spawn point and a base it becomes rediculously easy the only real challenge is the damage/poison from mushroom spores and even that is laughable once your in a biohazard suit.

8 hours ago, AhkmidtheEmojiTurbanGuy said:

I don't play multiplayer because I can't get anywhere, so how do I survive in that festering hellhole of predators? Ravagers and raptors are very very mean to me. I can survive everywhere else, but not aberration.

I think you'd survive just fine on my server. I'm not posting the name or anything here, search if you care to join.

Spawn near the Fertile Lake or Mushroom Forest, and make a point to build a base as quick as possible, if even just Thatch with spike walls around you. The moment you can build Climbing Picks and get yourself off the ground, do it. If you can't get to cliffside building fast, just build wooden homes on stilts with ladders up to them. The more you can stay off the ground, the better off you will be
Stilts?

32 minutes ago, AhkmidtheEmojiTurbanGuy said:
21 hours ago, PuffyPony said:

Stilts?

Like using pillars, yeah. It'll help keep you off the ground, and creates a small enclosure you can wall in using spike walls

On 17/12/2017 at 6:33 PM, AhkmidtheEmojiTurbanGuy said:

I don't play multiplayer because I can't get anywhere, so how do I survive in that festering hellhole of predators? Ravagers and raptors are very very mean to me. I can survive everywhere else, but not aberration.

Lol single player , just wall off where u spawn and your good no one to mess with you. 

Archived